Piatti - Danville
100 Sycamore Valley Road
Danville, CA 94526Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Piatti - Danville
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.piatti.com/index2.html
- Phone: 9258382082x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday: 11:00am - 9:00pm; Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am -
10:00pm; Saturday 11:30 am - 10:00 pm. On Sundays, Brunch is served from 10:00am - 3:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Sebastian Miller
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Piatti - Danville
Ristorante Piatti features a menu with recipes complimenting the various regions of Italy. It has a casual yet sparkling atmosphere with authentic regional Italian cuisine. Piatti's success can be attributed to its staff and its approach to food, wine, and the dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Piatti - Danville - Best Restaurants in Danville ›
Piatti - Danville reviews from OpenTable diners
219 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (129)neighborhood gem (103)special occasion (102)great for lunch (96)fit for foodies (91)good for groups (91)great for brunch (55)romantic (52)vibrant bar scene (41)kid-friendly (39)hot spot (37)notable wine list (30)late-night find (6)scenic view (5)Show More
- Never Disappointed!!ChristyVIPDined on 10/23/2014As always, the service and food was excellent...All of the staff are very attentive to their customer's needs and will go out of their way to make us want to come back! And you can't go wrong with anything on their menu, everything is so delicious... We will be back soon!!Special Features:
- Best for Brunchllynne1Dined on 10/19/2014Love a laid back Sunday Brunch? Piatti is the place for you. Excellent food and atmosphere mixed with the casual cool style that Piatti offers makes for a perfect way to start your Sunday. I highly recommend grabbing a seat on the patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014THIS RESTAURANT WAS CHOSEN BY A CO-WORKER FOR A SERVICE ANNIVERSARY DINNER, AND I WAS THOROUGHLY IMPRESSED WITH BOTH THE MENU AND OUR SERVICE WAS EXCEPTIONALSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!LiveToDineVIPDined on 10/17/2014Although we had reservations, we had a long, long wait. To apologize, they comp'd an appetizer to our table almost immediately. Very cool. Because it was too late in the evening for us to eat a full entree, we ended up ordering another appetizer and pizza, both of which were very good. The service staff were attentive and friendly. We would go back and hopefully get an earlier reservation, so we can order up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RichDined on 10/13/2014great service, friendly wait staff, awesome food. overall fun place to enjoy a great meal with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian SpotJRKVDined on 10/10/2014The restaurant staff were very accommodating and we got a lovely table for an evening with good friends.the food was good, staff well trained. Overall an enjoyable evening.
- lovely evening at PiattiAcedVIPDined on 10/9/2014Caesar salad, potato leek soup and bolognese were very good with great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mamamiamangabeneDined on 10/5/2014The outdoor patio was nice, the food was good, service good. The pasta in my son's pasta dish was undercooked but other than that, it was goodSpecial Features:
- Nice birthday brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014The restaurant had menus printed up for my husband that said happy birthday. They took care of our every need quickly and the food was excellent. I couldn't have asked for better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got it right this timeOT4filVIPDined on 10/3/2014The duck risotto was quite unique. A crispy duck leg was placed whole on the rice and could be eaten with a fork. As usual, we finished our meal with Piatti's great tiramisu.Special Features:
- Perfect CelebrationSherbearVIPDined on 10/3/20145 friends dined for a birthday celebration lunch. Salads were delicious, nicely presented, and nicely portioned. 2 desserts....tiramisu & peach crisp....were yummy. Perfect service. Lovely patio dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piatti's DiningsuperbdiningDined on 9/30/2014Eating at Piatti's for a celebration dinner was great. I especially noticed that Piatti's goes out of there way to make sure that the service & food are excellent. The servers were available to handle any request in a timely manner. We will remember this whenever we want a perfect evening.Special Features:
- Top 10 EVER!MangiaBellaDined on 9/29/2014Reliability - count on it at Piatti - always impeccable dining, perfect atmosphere, excellent service. A wide variety of food choices, from starters to entrees to dessert. You can always count on Piatti for a flawless dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but...Experienced0613VIPDined on 9/28/2014Initially, the noise level was too high but once we were reseated, it was better. The food was fresh & served quickly. The service was the best because the bartender and manager attended to my food allergies by modifying an item which ended up being safe to eat. The bathroom needed attention but all in all, it's a nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Popular Danville SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/27/2014Been here countless times. Great for party or work dinners. Very loud which is a plus if you are part of a large party or have children with you. Not so much if you want a quiet conversation. Service is quick and friendly.Special Features:
- Excellent Food & ServiceJuscuzzDined on 9/27/2014This was a great find, went in with friends and we all came out very happy with everything, food,service, presentation!Was a little skeptical in the beginning because of a review I read, but I needed to check it out for myself, it surpassed my expectations, was superb! Thanks to our waiter Robert we loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noisy and cold foodDavidDined on 9/21/2014We love Piatti and have been going there for years, It can get a bit noisy but it's also good that its got some life even if you're dining later than the 6.00pm crowd! Food was cold though :(
- Local FavoriteManonDined on 9/21/2014Piatti is one of my local favorites. The brunch menu had a few changes from my last visit. Food was good, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Parties6somedinersDined on 9/20/20143 couples had wedding anniversaries and our waiter celebrated with Tiramisu dessert with candles! Thee was a wedding party on the patio that caused a delay in the kitchen but our waiter was apologetic and told us what was going on. Dinner was delicious.Special Features:
- Great as AlwaysCaroleCDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I ate here and as always the food was very good. The staff was nice and we had a good time.Special Features:
- Luv piattiLuvpiattiDined on 9/17/2014We go to Piatti every time visitors come to town. It is always a hit with first-timers and others who have been there all the time. The food and service are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice TouchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Went for my wife's birthday, they went out of there way and printed her name and Happy Birthday on all of the menus for our table. Nice touchSpecial Features:
- JulyBABYDined on 9/13/2014I have never had a bad experience at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice Sunday BrunchF1fanVIPDined on 9/7/2014Very nice atmosphere and a very good brunch menu. The food was not quite as good as expected, but certainly not bad. The crab cake benedict was good, but the crab was not a pronounced as one might like and the eggs were slightly over done with only a small amount of wet yoke. The prosciutto omelette was also good, but its contents were uneven such that one portion was mostly tomatoes, then prosciutto and a little overly salty. Again, good, but not outstanding. We will try it again to see for consistency. Total bill for 2 with soft drinks (coffee, iced tea) and tip was $50.Special Features:
- Avoid the pastaOT4filVIPDined on 9/5/2014We count on having pasta at an Italian restaurant but, sorry to say, we are nearly always disappointed at Piatti in Danville. On the other hand their tiramisu is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very noisy and overcrowdedLovetoeatoutVIPDined on 9/5/2014The place is overcrowded and seating were practically right on top of each other. The noise level is unbearable. Music is awful and service is so-so. Food quality is so-so and price is high for what you get.Special Features:
- Consistently excellent!chowhoundDined on 9/4/2014Had the SO fresh petrale sole served with the most delicious brussels sprouts and mashed potatoes. Shared the (fresh) peach crisp, served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. To round out the whole meal, had La Creme Chardonnay with dinner. YUMMO!! And the service is superb.Special Features:
- Basic Italian - nothing specialMeravigliosoDined on 8/30/2014The food was average. I had a small Caesar salad that I swear must not of had any Caesar dressing on it. And when I say small -- I mean small. The wood fired pizza was decent but again nothing special. Matter of fact the fennel sausage was fairly tasteless. Kudos for the dipping sauce for the bread. Service was marginal.Special Features:
- JenniferJeniDined on 8/29/2014Good food. Great service. Tables too close together. Extremely noisy. We wanted a quiet romantic dinner, but instead it was chaotic and loud. Good place for very casual dining, and watching a game on a TV. Not a good choice if you want an intimate upscale dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Meh for the pricecitylightsandcatsDined on 8/24/2014The check was 117 for two people with only one glass of wine, an appetizer and two entrees. I would expect to pay that (actually probably more) at a mortons or ruth Chris type place but here my steak was undercooked and our appetizer, the ahi tuna was so peppered it was hard to eat. My boyfriend enjoyed his sole however. Its a nice restaurant but way over priced for their mediocre quality of foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Completely accommodatingFoodiefanaticDined on 8/23/2014I called ahead to request a booth for just two people. I felt bad taking up a booth for only two people, however my partner is severely hearing impaired and has a difficult time hearing a conversation if not in a booth. The staff completely accommodated my request. The service and food were outstanding. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always reliable always fresh!!CheriDined on 8/23/2014Piatti may be a chain but they never act like one. I asked for a birthday menu, a gluten free menu, and the patio, all graciously provided without a hitch. They always have fresh in- season local produce, beautiful fresh fish, and homemade pasta. There menu has enough variety to please everyone. They are patient with families with children. It is our go to place for a lovely meal in Danville when we have more then the two of us and varied tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Piatti is a hit, again.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Great as always. Never a miss, impeccable service and outrageously excellent and inventive menu. Desserts are too damn good, though. Wretched excess.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ALWAYS a great dining experiencechowhoundDined on 8/22/2014To sit out on the patio in the shade with the fountain bubbling, it is such a perfect place for a delicious, relaxing summer lunch. And of course the food and the service is ALWAYS superb. Our favorite place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experiencefluffyfoodieDined on 8/20/2014I am never disappointed at Piatti's. The food is always the freshest and the wait staff is very accommodating. I like the fact that they are always changing their menu to provide the freshest seasonal food available. I miss the three course menu they once had.Special Features:
- Delightful!SusieDined on 8/19/2014We were warmly welcomed, service was outstanding, they honored our request for a window table and the food was perfect. It was our granddaughter's 7th birthday and they included her name on the top of the menu, gave her the ingredients to make her own pizza, brought her a complimentary dessert and our waiter, Terrence, was gracious and friendly with us and her. It was the perfect birthday evening for her and for us to share with her. She even had her first 'Shirley Temple' :-) I highly recommend this wonderful restaurant. We have never been disappointed at Piatti's!Special Features:
- Great fresh foodfun2dineDined on 8/16/2014Always great food. Simply and fresh tasty dishes. Lovely drink selections a menu item for all tastes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy early dinnerLeeshyVIPDined on 8/16/2014I had reservations for 4:45 for dinner (and no, I'm not in the senior citizen crowd!) and we were seated promptly. My husband and I both ordered pasta dishes. He had a special with home made sausage and mushrooms. It was very filling. Mine was fettuccine with heirloom tomatoes and pancetta. Didn't find much pancetta in there but the dish was tasty. We finished with a scoop of gelato for me and apple crisp for hubby. They were both tasty, the apple crisp has a great topping on it too! The only thing that detracted from a great experience was seeing the Justin Beiber look alike host shotgunning a Monster energy drink. Not professional at all.Special Features:
- On the rise againCookeVIPDined on 8/15/2014Well I have been very vocal about the decline and then sporadic improvement in food taste, service, and management however, I will say our experience this time was significantly improved. My food was seasoned and tasty, our waiter very friendly and attentive, and really enjoyed our dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014We had a very noisy loud large group next to us and were thoughtfully accommodated with a move to a more quiet area by the host. Appreciated.Special Features: