2716 Alki Ave SW
Seattle, WA 98116Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.phoeneciawestseattle.com/
- Phone: 2069356550
- Hours of Operation:
Monday & Wednesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Phoenecia
Situated across from Alki Beach in Seattle, Phoenecia restaurant offers an eclectic blend of artisanal pizza, tapas, small plates, and special chalkboard entrées, situated amidst a vibrant yet intimate bistro atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Phoenecia reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (29)neighborhood gem (22)fit for foodies (19)special occasion (13)romantic (9)notable wine list (8)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (3)good for groups (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Warm, friendly spot for any tasteRosiegeanDined on 9/11/2014The Phoenica is one of a kind! It's a great spot for a glass of wine with friends or the perfect dinner go-to when you don't know what you want. Their tapas style offerings serve only the very best of wonderful menu items. The flat iron steak is perfectly seasoned and grilled to melt in your mouth, as are the saffron chicken & seasoned green beans. And to go with that glass of wine, the cheese board cannot be topped. The owner & her daughters welcome you and immediately make you feel like you've known them forever. Comfort, great food & ambiance on Alki beach...what more could want?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb!maintcoderDined on 8/23/2014Going to Phoenecia is like being invited home for dinner. The welcoming atmosphere, the delicious food, and the attentive service combine to create a wonderful dining experience. It is a great date destination or hangout with friends while enjoying food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Seattle FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Skillfully prepared dishes with a unique Mediterranean (but not quite like you've ever had) style, and which also work in almost every case and in concert with the whole meal. 39-spice beef is as good as reported. I also enjoyed the recommended Lebanese red wine. Service was genuinely friendly and responsive. The setting is intimate and worth the wait (and the parking challenge of the Alki Beach area). I would like to return with a larger group so that we could share and try more dishes! There are too many superb choices. Our current Seattle favorite spot!Special Features:
- Great Cheese Board and CharcuterieOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/12/2014Get the cheese and meat with a glass of wine. Great way to spend a quiet evening alone or with a friend.Special Features:
- The reastaurant went downAngeeDined on 8/7/2014The food was not as good as used to be. I think because the cook was changed .
- Jewel on AlkiLPLPDined on 8/2/2014Great spot. We are there post-symphony and it's just perfect for that quick, latenight snack. Fantastic food and ranges from very affordable and awesome (and unique) pizzas, to a lamb dish to die for (be hungry...very hungry). Wine and cheese options are top flight. And even if you're a vegan, order the 39-spice beef. OMG!!!Special Features:
- Home away from homeAbbeyDined on 7/25/2014This was not my first time at Phonecia. I live nearby, and it is, by far, the best food on Alki Beach. Enan, Nadia, and Sonya are wonderful, sweet, elegant hosts, and the food is unbelievable. The fig and pancetta pizza is to die for, and the caprese salad could very well be the best I've had since Italy. I go here often by myself and sit at the small yet lovely bar, but this time I had out of town guests who were very impressed. I've taken many out-of-towners here, and it's always a hit. Forget all those fish and chip joints on Alki, head to Phonecia. It's the best, hands-down!! I also think of it as my "Cheers," because everybody knows my name, which is really a nice, warm feeling even on a chilly winter night. No Seattle freeze here.Special Features:
- tasty and tastefulUpagainDined on 7/11/2014the ambiance at this Alki restaurant is very nice.the staff perhaps a bit too personal, but the overall ambience is quite romantic. The menu is not too busy our selections were very nice.the location is almost incomparable for a view ofAlki Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive for pastaGFdinerDined on 7/10/2014The website menu said they had gluten free pasta. Since 2 of us are GF that seemed to be a good alternative to pizza which was about $16. We should have asked the price. When the bill came the pasta cost $21 each! And not even very good pasta, pretty dry.Special Features:
- Overpriced and left hungryMrsFoxDined on 7/3/2014Lovely restaurant but for the four of us and $160.00 dollars later we left hungry (tiny portions, even by European standards) and stopped for burgers on the way home. Food was good but not that good, we won't be back. Excellent wait staff and good vibe though!Special Features:
- Food was fantastic!survivorDined on 6/22/2014One of the best restaurants I have ever been to! Loved all the different plates we tried - scallops, mixed greens, caprese, olives, trio of spreads, saffron chicken, prosciutto pizza, baklava, and bananas foster! Especially enjoyed the scallops, the pizza, and the chicken - very well prepared! Plates were definitely small except for the pizza, which was actually large enough for 2 people. Small plates are pretty pricey and as the menu states, 3-4 small plates is roughly equivalent to an entree at other places. Still, the food was so good it was definitely worth the price. The place is small but we had reservations and went on a Monday evening with no waiting in line. Service was good - polite, efficient, and timed well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieFoodieDined on 6/16/2014Very good food, we ordered 4 small plates and salad, and dessert. Plenty of food to fill us up. Tiramisu was spectacularSpecial Features:
- Awesome Experience AgainGmanDined on 6/9/2014Six of us came here to celebrate a friend's birthday and enjoy the view over Alki. Every dish was delicious, service was attentive and the experience was awesome once again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is far too spicyThriftyGordonVIPDined on 6/1/2014The biggest problem is that the cook adds far too much spice and ruins the delicate taste of the underlying food. The quality of the dishes would improve dramatically if the cook would remove his heavy spice hand. We had even asked them to minimize the spice.
- Excellent as alwaysAleksDined on 6/1/2014I love this place as did my friends who I introduced to it. Fantastic in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatfoodie12Dined on 5/23/2014aside from the long wait everything was great.. by the time i got my pasta everyone else had almost finished their pizza and the wait for our dessert was very long as well, my friends who sat at the table next to ours also had the same experience the banana foster was to die for though and i think it was worth the waitSpecial Features:
- The following 8 reviews are from the Phoenecia reviews archive.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014We have enjoyed the Phoencia several times and will continue too. We have recommended the Phoencia to all of our friends. Everything on the menu is a great choice along with their perfect selection of great wine!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/30/2014The restaurant was very small and very, very crowded. The weather was nice that day and everyone came to Alki. I was glad I had made a reservation but our table was in the doorway and very tight for all of us. We asked to move as soon as a table opened up and things went much better from then on. Our waitress was good but not great. She never refilled our water glasses, for instance. The food was good, however the scallop tapa was $13 for 2 scallops. That is crazy. Had we known it would be that small a sample, we never would have ordered it. The seafood penne was delicious, as was the flat iron tapa and the pizza. Not a homerun but pretty good. We may return on a rainy winter night.Special Features:
- Fig PizzaTrishaDined on 4/26/2014The fig and goat cheese pizza is to DIE FOR! I am a vegetarian so I had them remove the meat and the pizza was delicious. The Kale salad was also surprisingly yummy. The restaurant is small and a little crowded, probably best to keep the groups to a small number. For 2, this restaurant was perfect! YUMSpecial Features:
- Tasty Neighborhood Discovery!4JulsDined on 4/19/2014We had never been, but the rating were good and location in West Seattle worked with our schedule. We expected "okay," but we got much more! Cute place with a stunning view. Friendly service and surprisingly tasty, fresh and high quality food! Hello Phoenecia, our new fav Alki restaurant! Be sure to try something on the blackboard specials, and throw in the quinoa salad - it's super yummy. Share plates and try several things. All worth the adventure. We give Phoenecia a big YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome as usual!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2014This is one of our favorite destinations in our neighborhood. Service is always exceptional, the food even better. We love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyDianeKKVIPDined on 3/22/2014We had so much fun trying so many of your small plates, they were quite delicious . . . so much so that we ordered more small plates and were quite stuffed!Special Features:
- Excellent food, great wineWilliamDined on 3/20/2014Excellent food, great wine selections, and nice ambience. Nothing but continued success and hope they remain for years to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite places!OdfgwtfVIPDined on 3/14/2014We love this place, we go at least once a week. So glad they are on Open Table now. You can't go wrong eating here and on top of excellent food you get the view of Alki Beach. Kale Salad and Lamb Shank two of my favorites!I would recommend this to a friend.