Phil’s Italian Steak House
3300 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
Treasure Island Hotel & Casino
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Phil’s Italian Steak House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://treasureisland.com/restaurants/the_steak_house.php
- Phone: 8662863809
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly : 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Josh Donnellan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Room is available for up to 40 guests. Contact us for menus and more information.
- Private Party Contact: John Dunn 7028947371
A word from Phil’s Italian Steak House
Prime Cuts. Perfect Pasta. Phil’s Italian Steak House (named after hotel owner Phil Ruffin) offers an eclectic menu sure to please everyone at the table. From prime cuts of meat and mouth-watering seafood to classic Italian specialties, Phil’s Italian Steak House’s daily dinner specials are perfection in every bite. Private dining is also available for parties up to 40 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Phil’s Italian Steak House reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (10)good for groups (7)notable wine list (5)romantic (4)late-night find (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Not sure why it was award winningMerlinDined on 8/30/2014For a restaurant located within a casino near slots it was actually very quiet. We saw couples and large parties but it was still a fairly nice ambience. The service was very polite and efficient and the food was good - not great but good. For the price you pay you're hoping for great. A 4 year old bottle of a Californian Cabernet left sediment in the glass which the waiter was befuddled trying to explain. We looked it up to satisfy ourselves it wasn't an issue but you think they would be able to advise you why. All in all okay but there are better steakhouses on the strip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good enough, but won't be backLVFoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014We went to Phil's for dinner with another couple, only because we were already at Treasure Island for a comedian show later that night, and looked to be the apparent best choice for a nice dinner out at TI. Overall, everything was just OK. The waiter, the hostess, the food; pretty much every aspect obviously tried but wasn't quite where it should be. The bad - one in our party received the wrong steak, a fight between ladies at separate tables broke out directly behind us, another woman across the restaurant had too much to drink and fell over into a large tray of food and drinks, which I later slipped and fell in a puddle from that spill which was not fully wiped up while on our way out. We will not be returning.
- It was ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Looking for a nice meal before a show, and the food was just OK. We could barely understand the server, we were seated up front int he middle of the floor so that when people looked in they could see people dining, instead of letting us dine in the back where it owuld have been more comfortable.
- MrMickDined on 7/11/2014We have dined here 6-8 times in the last 10 years. Most recently 5 years ago where we hosted a post wedding dinner for our daughter.We were celebrating our anniversary which we noted on our reservation, this wasn't acknowledged, hostess wasn't very friendly and wait staff wasn't very interested in a party of 2 that doesn't drink. We won't return next time we are in Vegas. Very disappointing, my medium cooked filet was very dry.
- AmazingnomyfoodDined on 7/8/2014The food here was wonderful. I highly recommend some form of beef we had 4 different diners and all had different beef dishes there was not bad dish to be had. The aged beef here is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SEAFOOD TOWER !!!vegasbombsDined on 5/30/2014Was wanting to try a seafood tower for so long. They had one so we tried it ! WOW !!! It was AWESOME !! Our steaks were cooked perfectly as well !! great service !! 2nd time we have been there !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 59 reviews are from the Phil’s Italian Steak House reviews archive.
- price doesn't match the foodonholidaysDined on 5/16/2014For the price, 53 for steak plus 8 for each side, you would expect the food to be outstanding - however it was not. Definitely not worth the prices charged. I would go to another steakhouse for sure if you're looking for really good steak as this isn't the place for it.
- Never Again!foodfanDined on 4/26/2014A huge disappointment. 3 of us ate here and none of us left happy. The shrimp cocktail and Caesar's Salad were both lousy. Ths ese are not hard items to do properly. My chicken was overcooked anf d flavorless. My husband's venison was Not medium rare, it was medium well. This was an expensive restaurant and did not deliver.
- FoodieVIPDined on 4/20/2014The service was excellent. The risotto aragosta was delicious. The risotto was cooked perfectly. The steakhouse experience was decent, there are other steakhouses with better center cut filet oscar style. An absolute must to get after the dinner is their French press coffee service which includes whipped cream, crystal sugar sticks, chocolate shavings and biscottis.Special Features:
- A gourmets delightMarty48Dined on 4/12/2014We would recommend Phil's for the fabulous food and service. The menu was quite diverse with an extensive wine list. We had a cold seafood platter which was superb.....some of the best osters I've ever had, not to mention the lobster and king crab legs that were cooked to perfection. We visit the Phil's in Las Vegas; it was very crowded and extremely noisy, but we would go again just for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinning on the stripMissMDined on 3/23/2014Friendly and efficient. The food was great. We ordered from the prix fixe menu. It was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a good timeLILHAK2Dined on 3/23/2014Had dinner with some friends, everything was great although my steak was well done and I had ordered it medium. I told my waiter and five minutes later I had a perfect medium T-bone that could hold it's own against any high end steak house. I will go back for sure.Special Features:
- Pleasant dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/21/2014Phil's has very good food but the occasion was diminished by the lack luster attitude of our servers. Our food was presented timely but the bus persons grabbed our plates off the table after the meal without so much as asking if we were done or a "your welcome" in response to our thanks for their attention. The waiter seemed disconnected and also failed to respond to common courteously. The only time the waiter showed any life, was when he messed up our drink order and brought us an extra drink, I am sure we were probably charged for it. The cost of the dining experience was excessive due to the service provided. I only gave a yes to the recommend a friend due to the quality and enjoyment of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had the chef's special whichOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/16/2014I had the chef's special which was 3 LARGE scallops accompanied by 3 filet medallions (beef), mushrooms and asparagus with a wonderful hollandaise. It was amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food!KatWilliamsDined on 3/11/2014I had the special that night...medallions & scallops. So delicious. I did think the steak was a little chewy, but I got it medium rare so that may be why. But it was delicious nonetheless. A wonderful sauce covered the dish and it was topped with asparagus. Another favorite was the JD Peach Ice Tea which was soooo good. Peach Ciroc, Peach Schnapps, ice tea and ingredient I can't remember now. Wonderfully refreshing drink. My dining companion had wine & steak said it was very good. This is a hidden gem!Special Features:
- NOT HAPPY!LuvtoeatDined on 3/7/2014One of our party didn't get his meal! "Was a mix up in kitchen". Took an hour as it was to get the other 3 meals! When the waiter left to go find out why the 4th meal was missing he did not return for 12 minutes, when he came back out he went to check on other tables. Our missing dinner was not a priority!! When he did come back he did say he was sorry & "you don't have pay for your dinner". Really the dinner he didn't get........he didn't have to pay for, that was big of him!! He had to pay for his ice tea & soup, which was totally wrong! He was not taken care of for that mistake in any way shape or form. No manager came over to talk to us!! Not once did the waiter to helper come over to check on us see if needed refills!
- Food was a hit. Service good.CableGuyDined on 3/1/2014Food was a hit. Service good. Bread in a bag was unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wedding celebrationweddingmom1Dined on 3/1/2014Everyone's meal was delicious, ranging from steaks to chicken to seafood. Rick, our server, was helpful, attentive and considerate. Pacing was perfect, champagne and wines plentiful, and the food was beautifully presented. It was a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true steak house INDEED!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/27/2014We had a party of three, of course I was fashionably late (LOL). Upon arriving, we were greeted by the host with a smile. My party was waiting for me at the table, which was VERY clean, and bread/butter was on the table. The wine selection was great and reasonably priced...Now...on to what we ordered. For the appetizer, I had Phil's house salad which consisted of bacon, walnuts, and a bleu cheese dressing. For the main course, my guests had the Filet Mignon, T-Bone steak, and I had the New York Stripsteak. It was extremely tender and the juices were overflowing, Mediterranean veggies with my dinner. It was an overflow of food...let me tell you. My guest and I enjoyed every minute of the restaurant and the service we've received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Minute FindKsdinerDined on 2/18/2014Needed to find a place for dinner in just a few hours with a key customer. This location worked well, the environment was very suitable for our group, menu had lots of choices, and food quality was generally pretty good. The Ahi that was on the chefs special was overcooked, it had no pink center at all, it was moist (steamed), but not great. Service was a bit slow and disjointed at times. For the price I expected a little more.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like homeSlickDined on 2/17/2014Anyone can come and eat, their website is not accurate. Phil's is comparable to Flemings or Maghoney Grill back home in Omaha. They advertise semi-formal on website and we called and told business casual, but they allowed t-shirts and jeans; so anything goes. Seating was not to our liking, as one side was a wall length bench then chairs on the outside. Was seated next to other diners that were loud and obnoxious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner mistakeTravellingGourmandDined on 2/16/2014I was just not impressed at all with the service or food at Phils Italian Steak House inside of Treasure Island. The Caprese salad I ordered featured (I'm guessing) handmade mozzarella that hadn't had enough of the whey removed. It was a big mushy pile instead of a delicious soft cheese. Dinner sounded delicious on the menu, but fell flat in reality. Even my fiancé was unimpressed by the pasta dish he ordered. We left with our plates half eaten. The waitstaff was very nice, but seemed frazzled, and since we came in so late after the show and so close to their closing time, I felt hurried to eat and leave. Overall, not the best experience I've ever had.
- First time in Las Vegas. HadMichelleDined on 2/8/2014First time in Las Vegas. Had a wonderful dinner experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemMrSmithGoesToBiminiDined on 1/17/2014Phil's was a pleasant surprise hidden in the corner of a noisy Las Vegas casino. We were in town for a convention and were pleased to find a steakhouse in our own hotel. Service was not up to par for the prices, but the house was full so I will give them another try next year. Food was first class and we have only compliments for the chef.Special Features:
- SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/16/2014The food was good- restaurant very crowded. Atmosphere good- not kid friendly. Not good for large groupsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJimmyDined on 1/14/2014Service was sloppy and slow...especially for $50 entres. Food was good.
- Entertained our customerASFdaveDined on 1/14/2014We were a group of 9. Tables reserved was ready and waiting for us. Waiter was attentive and we were promptly attended to. I ordered wine, but felt that our waiter made an aggressive effort to upgrade my wine choice and appetizers.. To me it was a much too obvious effort to intimidate me into spending more. Depending on the taste and sophistication of my guests, I am not against spending larger amounts, but in this case, it would have been money wasted. Also, my guests wanted to enjoy the steak not get overstuffed on appetizers. Appetizers are OK, but a 16oz steak is a lot after you fill up on appetizers.Other than that, we had a very good time and the food and service was very good.Special Features:
- Met ExpectationsMSayleDined on 1/9/2014This visit was just so so. The service was adequate but not fantastic, the food much the same.Special Features:
- Great restrurant!Wilcox01Dined on 1/6/2014Would definitely recommend the restaurant to anyont!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First and Last TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/3/2014Food was mediocre in taste and quality considering the prices charged - was a disappointment as this was a group of 11 that my parents were treating for wedding dinner for their niece Even the wine that was selected from wine list was not available We went to other Casino restaurant on the strip during our stay - Same prices- much better food Would not recommend or returnSpecial Features:
- Superior Dining ExperienceminorbirdDined on 12/27/2013Everything about this meal was over the top, from the food to the service to the ambiance Price is on the high side but this is what I sought out. Sometimes you need to splurge and this is a great choice. I highly recommend the fillet. I wouldn't wait too late, either, as it can get crowded and you may have to wait a while. Can't wait for the next time I'm able to dine there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better choices in LV pass on Phil'sFish4meDined on 12/22/2013Hate to pay top dollar for an average experience. Salmon dish was good, excellent sauce. Wife had the filet, tougher than leather was her words. Service was rushing around like a ball in a pinball machine. Since the place was empty there was no reason!!
- Romantic Spothan2colDined on 12/14/2013My husband and I went to this restaurant for our 10th Anniversary. The food was amazing! We had appetizer and shared an entrée. To start we had the marinated mushrooms...fantastic! We wished there was more when the plate was wiped clean. For our entrée we decided to split the New York Steak with shrimp scampi and creamed spinach. The steak just melted in our mouths! Everything was wonderful and we hope to come back very soon!Special Features:
- BlandFood4thoughtDined on 12/1/2013Dined here because we were going to see mystere and wanted to eat on property. Husband had a bone in strip steak that looked delicious but was way under seasoned. Sautéed mushrooms appeared to be from a can and the Cabernet peppercorn sauce lacked any real flavor. My lobster risotto had a few shavings of lobster and also no real flavor.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013Looked past its time. Food was very expensive compared say to Olives or Mon Ami. Korean waiter was slow and decided how food would arrive at table. Did not ask diner about what food when. Definitely not the place to eat before Cirque du Soleil "Mystere".
- UnderwhelmingAlocalfoodieDined on 11/16/2013As the premier restaurant at Treasure Island, I expected Phil's to be on par with other "higher-end" fare on the strip. However, the service was below average, from the hostess to the waiter and everyone else. It was very clearly a "job" and not "service" and they were just putting in their time rather than serving clients. The atmosphere was average at best, with low-quality seats at the booths, degrading upholstery, etc. Further, the food was expensive for what you get in terms of flavor and quality. I will not be going back, I would not recommend it. Phil's is a flop. On the up side, Mystere is one of the best shows in Vegas, and also resides at Treasure Island. If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and go!
- Not what it is billed asSteakLover54Dined on 11/13/2013Had French onion soup that had a lot of onions but very little flavor in the broth. The Bone in NY Strip (MR) was tough and again not much flavor, Best part of the meal was the baked potato. Wife had the Caprese salad and a Salmon dish both of which she enjoyed. Service was below what was expected as we only saw our waiter about 4 time in 2 hours. The restaurant was extreamly loud, we had to lean forward to carry on a conversation, cannot imagine what it would be like if it was full, only about half full the night we were there. $150 for two before tip and not worth half that. Would not repeat, had better food at outback.
- A Great Dining ExperienceSupermexDined on 11/10/2013Was seated as soon as I entered restaurant. Greeted by my server, Mario. I ordered the Steakhouse Experience and enjoyed every bite. The steak was done perfectly and the crab meat and sauce were excellent along with the mashed potatoes and vegetable. I would dine there again and would highly recommend it to any of my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phil's was greatJoeSDined on 11/9/2013Service and food were outstanding. Very helpful staff. There is space between the tables so it does not feel crowded. We can highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Before the showPhilscDined on 11/2/2013We ate here before seeing Mystere at Tropical island. We are glad we did. Food was good, and timing excellent. A bit on the pricey side, perhaps, but that's Vegas I guess.Special Features: