Phil’s Italian Steak House
3300 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
Treasure Island Hotel & Casino
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
Phil’s Italian Steak House
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://treasureisland.com/restaurants/the_steak_house.php
- Phone: (866) 286-3809
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Nightly : 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Josh Donnellan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Room is available for up to 40 guests. Contact us for menus and more information.
- Private Party Contact: John Dunn 7028947371
A word from Phil’s Italian Steak House
Prime Cuts. Perfect Pasta. Phil’s Italian Steak House (named after hotel owner Phil Ruffin) offers an eclectic menu sure to please everyone at the table. From prime cuts of meat and mouth-watering seafood to classic Italian specialties, Phil’s Italian Steak House’s daily dinner specials are perfection in every bite. Private dining is also available for parties up to 40 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Phil’s Italian Steak House reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (19)good for groups (14)romantic (11)fit for foodies (7)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Will go again!Best2dineDined on 11/14/2014Our second visit and it was very, very good. Better service than the first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a high end establishment by no meansOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/14/2014As you enter it is scattered tables no straight walk through , You have to walk passed people trying to enjoy their dinner . Decor :Its kin of like going back in time to the 50's to a speak easy . If you like that kind of thing that fine But for me it felt drab and boring Seating : We were walked over to a wall booth / chair seating right next to the waiter cashier station . This kind of pricing Should never have this station near the customer . Go to sit and I Had to clean the crumbs off the booth part of the seating where I was about to sit . Ordered serf and turf filet with stuffed lobster hubby New York strip My order was tasty . Hubby omg they burned it to death The order was medium well it came Burned well . We sent it back and it came back butterflied and just ok But not what expected Staff: Waiter very kind, Bus lady Well she was a bit miserable and when she assisted the table with a clean up brought bread and so on I am very respectful and would always say Thank you I appreciate you !!! No reply from her maybe a grunt Then finally a very forced thank you ugh Bill: Over $200 !!! Will not return
- Great SteakBB83Dined on 11/13/2014I had the steak experience and was not disappointed. Large portions, great job at cooking the filet and a helpful serving staff made the evening very nice for my friends and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor food, poor service at a premium price.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2014Poor food, poor service at a premium price. Food was being returned all around us. there are many good restaurants in Vegas if you are willing to spend $30 for an entree. Go elsewhere.
- Don't order pastaBizTravDined on 10/28/2014I had pasta dish, horrible and undercooked, chewy. Others in my party had steak and loved it. Service was not good. Waiter had a bit of an attitude and we had to flag him down a few times. It wasn't crowded.Special Features:
- Best2dineDined on 10/25/2014Loved the food and ambiance, but our waiter was told that each of the four couples would have a separate bill. We ordered a bottle of wine for ourselves, but he poured it for everyone. Too embarrassing to make a fuss. We had to order another bottle and he did the same. Cost us over $100.00.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceshron17Dined on 10/24/2014The service was top notch and the steaks were fantastic. Nice quiet dinner within the Treasure Island Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas.Special Features:
- bwisDined on 10/22/2014We took a customer to dinner, and it was very nice, the customer was very happy, however, my husband ordered Lamb Chops and each chop was cooked differently, for the cost of $65 it was way over priced, and not that good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food so-solcsdinerVIPDined on 10/18/2014We decided on Phil's as our last-night nice dinner in Vegas. Staff was friendly and attentive enough, no complaints there. However, in reservation we asked for a table as far away from the casino noise and smoke as possible. We saw empty tables in back, but they seated us up front. Chowder was good, french onion soup also. But for the price, the quality of the steaks should have been much higher. Bone-in was tasteless, medium rare was cooked medium. The filet was also cooked longer than it should have been. We don't believe in wasting food, so didn't send them back. The risotto was good, but also on the less-than-flavorful side. The lobster in it was good, and the asparagus fresh. That, we all decided, was the best dish.Special Features:
- It was okayDineforBizDined on 10/9/2014Pricey, okay, service was fine but not great. My order was messed up a few times, and my bill included something I ordered but never received. I did not notice it until after the fact. I would not go back.Special Features:
- Not worth the price of admissionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014The service and the food were mediocre at best. We sent our first course that was overcooked and not tasty back with the server assistant and the server didn't even acknowledge this and was completely surprised when we asked to have this removed from our bill, although he did ultimately remove the charge. After our entrees were dropped off we didn't see our server until it was time to drop off the check. The entrees were okay but not worth the price that they charged for them. We only picked this place because it had decent reviews and was close to the cirque show we were attending after dinner. I would recommend finding another restaurant if you're looking for a high quality meal in treasure island.
- VERY GOODcmgtDined on 9/28/2014We enjoyed our meal here. Everything was very tasty. They make a very good Limoncello Martini! I started with PHIL’S ENDIVE SALAD ($12.00), it was delicious! Then I had OSSO BUCCO ($44.00) - This was also very good. I only problem I had was that they brought out my entree before I was finished with my salad. My husband had LETTUCE WEDGE ($9.00); so did our daughter. Our daughter had SPINACH & RICOTTA STUFFED FREE RANGE CHICKEN BREAST - ($29.00) asparagus, tarragon sauce - she said it was delicious. My husband had Penne Diablo - he likes spicy and it was good. After dinner I ordered a cappuccino - unfortunately it was the worse I ever had and I couldn't drink it. The bill came to just over $200.00 with only 1 drink and no dessert.Special Features:
- Delicious!KnowsFoodDined on 9/26/2014Typical ambiance for a fine-dining restaurant. Really excellent food! Comfortable, quiet, and the service was attentive without being overly present at the meal. Will definitely go back to this establishment when in Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to expectationsGregAndSuzVIPDined on 9/26/2014Dined on 9/26/14. Ordered the special appetizer, a steamed artichoke. It came split into two halves and cleaned. Seemed as if some of the artichoke heart had been removed. I ordered the Osso Buco entree. It was a bit tough, and more like a pot roast with heavy gravy. Wife ordered Penne with vegetables. It was more like canned pasta with only eggplant noticeable. Portions were abundant, mostly uneaten. Server was difficult to understand. Table of 6 next to us decided to Facetime LOUDLY with their 3 year old relative for 5-10 minutes With all of the excellent choices in Las Vegas, this choice, being one of the better in Treasure Island, was very disappointing. Also, the price was that of a higher quality establishment.
- Not sure why it was award winningMerlinDined on 8/30/2014For a restaurant located within a casino near slots it was actually very quiet. We saw couples and large parties but it was still a fairly nice ambience. The service was very polite and efficient and the food was good - not great but good. For the price you pay you're hoping for great. A 4 year old bottle of a Californian Cabernet left sediment in the glass which the waiter was befuddled trying to explain. We looked it up to satisfy ourselves it wasn't an issue but you think they would be able to advise you why. All in all okay but there are better steakhouses on the strip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good enough, but won't be backLVFoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014We went to Phil's for dinner with another couple, only because we were already at Treasure Island for a comedian show later that night, and looked to be the apparent best choice for a nice dinner out at TI. Overall, everything was just OK. The waiter, the hostess, the food; pretty much every aspect obviously tried but wasn't quite where it should be. The bad - one in our party received the wrong steak, a fight between ladies at separate tables broke out directly behind us, another woman across the restaurant had too much to drink and fell over into a large tray of food and drinks, which I later slipped and fell in a puddle from that spill which was not fully wiped up while on our way out. We will not be returning.
- It was ok.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Looking for a nice meal before a show, and the food was just OK. We could barely understand the server, we were seated up front int he middle of the floor so that when people looked in they could see people dining, instead of letting us dine in the back where it owuld have been more comfortable.
- The following 62 reviews are from the Phil’s Italian Steak House reviews archive.
- MrMickDined on 7/11/2014We have dined here 6-8 times in the last 10 years. Most recently 5 years ago where we hosted a post wedding dinner for our daughter.We were celebrating our anniversary which we noted on our reservation, this wasn't acknowledged, hostess wasn't very friendly and wait staff wasn't very interested in a party of 2 that doesn't drink. We won't return next time we are in Vegas. Very disappointing, my medium cooked filet was very dry.
- AmazingnomyfoodDined on 7/8/2014The food here was wonderful. I highly recommend some form of beef we had 4 different diners and all had different beef dishes there was not bad dish to be had. The aged beef here is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SEAFOOD TOWER !!!vegasbombsDined on 5/30/2014Was wanting to try a seafood tower for so long. They had one so we tried it ! WOW !!! It was AWESOME !! Our steaks were cooked perfectly as well !! great service !! 2nd time we have been there !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- price doesn't match the foodonholidaysDined on 5/16/2014For the price, 53 for steak plus 8 for each side, you would expect the food to be outstanding - however it was not. Definitely not worth the prices charged. I would go to another steakhouse for sure if you're looking for really good steak as this isn't the place for it.
- Never Again!foodfanDined on 4/26/2014A huge disappointment. 3 of us ate here and none of us left happy. The shrimp cocktail and Caesar's Salad were both lousy. Ths ese are not hard items to do properly. My chicken was overcooked anf d flavorless. My husband's venison was Not medium rare, it was medium well. This was an expensive restaurant and did not deliver.
- FoodieVIPDined on 4/20/2014The service was excellent. The risotto aragosta was delicious. The risotto was cooked perfectly. The steakhouse experience was decent, there are other steakhouses with better center cut filet oscar style. An absolute must to get after the dinner is their French press coffee service which includes whipped cream, crystal sugar sticks, chocolate shavings and biscottis.Special Features:
- A gourmets delightMarty48Dined on 4/12/2014We would recommend Phil's for the fabulous food and service. The menu was quite diverse with an extensive wine list. We had a cold seafood platter which was superb.....some of the best osters I've ever had, not to mention the lobster and king crab legs that were cooked to perfection. We visit the Phil's in Las Vegas; it was very crowded and extremely noisy, but we would go again just for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinning on the stripMissMDined on 3/23/2014Friendly and efficient. The food was great. We ordered from the prix fixe menu. It was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a good timeLILHAK2Dined on 3/23/2014Had dinner with some friends, everything was great although my steak was well done and I had ordered it medium. I told my waiter and five minutes later I had a perfect medium T-bone that could hold it's own against any high end steak house. I will go back for sure.Special Features:
- Pleasant dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/21/2014Phil's has very good food but the occasion was diminished by the lack luster attitude of our servers. Our food was presented timely but the bus persons grabbed our plates off the table after the meal without so much as asking if we were done or a "your welcome" in response to our thanks for their attention. The waiter seemed disconnected and also failed to respond to common courteously. The only time the waiter showed any life, was when he messed up our drink order and brought us an extra drink, I am sure we were probably charged for it. The cost of the dining experience was excessive due to the service provided. I only gave a yes to the recommend a friend due to the quality and enjoyment of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had the chef's special whichOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/16/2014I had the chef's special which was 3 LARGE scallops accompanied by 3 filet medallions (beef), mushrooms and asparagus with a wonderful hollandaise. It was amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food!KatWilliamsDined on 3/11/2014I had the special that night...medallions & scallops. So delicious. I did think the steak was a little chewy, but I got it medium rare so that may be why. But it was delicious nonetheless. A wonderful sauce covered the dish and it was topped with asparagus. Another favorite was the JD Peach Ice Tea which was soooo good. Peach Ciroc, Peach Schnapps, ice tea and ingredient I can't remember now. Wonderfully refreshing drink. My dining companion had wine & steak said it was very good. This is a hidden gem!Special Features:
- NOT HAPPY!LuvtoeatDined on 3/7/2014One of our party didn't get his meal! "Was a mix up in kitchen". Took an hour as it was to get the other 3 meals! When the waiter left to go find out why the 4th meal was missing he did not return for 12 minutes, when he came back out he went to check on other tables. Our missing dinner was not a priority!! When he did come back he did say he was sorry & "you don't have pay for your dinner". Really the dinner he didn't get........he didn't have to pay for, that was big of him!! He had to pay for his ice tea & soup, which was totally wrong! He was not taken care of for that mistake in any way shape or form. No manager came over to talk to us!! Not once did the waiter to helper come over to check on us see if needed refills!
- Food was a hit. Service good.CableGuyDined on 3/1/2014Food was a hit. Service good. Bread in a bag was unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wedding celebrationweddingmom1Dined on 3/1/2014Everyone's meal was delicious, ranging from steaks to chicken to seafood. Rick, our server, was helpful, attentive and considerate. Pacing was perfect, champagne and wines plentiful, and the food was beautifully presented. It was a memorable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A true steak house INDEED!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/27/2014We had a party of three, of course I was fashionably late (LOL). Upon arriving, we were greeted by the host with a smile. My party was waiting for me at the table, which was VERY clean, and bread/butter was on the table. The wine selection was great and reasonably priced...Now...on to what we ordered. For the appetizer, I had Phil's house salad which consisted of bacon, walnuts, and a bleu cheese dressing. For the main course, my guests had the Filet Mignon, T-Bone steak, and I had the New York Stripsteak. It was extremely tender and the juices were overflowing, Mediterranean veggies with my dinner. It was an overflow of food...let me tell you. My guest and I enjoyed every minute of the restaurant and the service we've received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Minute FindKsdinerDined on 2/18/2014Needed to find a place for dinner in just a few hours with a key customer. This location worked well, the environment was very suitable for our group, menu had lots of choices, and food quality was generally pretty good. The Ahi that was on the chefs special was overcooked, it had no pink center at all, it was moist (steamed), but not great. Service was a bit slow and disjointed at times. For the price I expected a little more.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like homeSlickDined on 2/17/2014Anyone can come and eat, their website is not accurate. Phil's is comparable to Flemings or Maghoney Grill back home in Omaha. They advertise semi-formal on website and we called and told business casual, but they allowed t-shirts and jeans; so anything goes. Seating was not to our liking, as one side was a wall length bench then chairs on the outside. Was seated next to other diners that were loud and obnoxious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner mistakeTravellingGourmandDined on 2/16/2014I was just not impressed at all with the service or food at Phils Italian Steak House inside of Treasure Island. The Caprese salad I ordered featured (I'm guessing) handmade mozzarella that hadn't had enough of the whey removed. It was a big mushy pile instead of a delicious soft cheese. Dinner sounded delicious on the menu, but fell flat in reality. Even my fiancé was unimpressed by the pasta dish he ordered. We left with our plates half eaten. The waitstaff was very nice, but seemed frazzled, and since we came in so late after the show and so close to their closing time, I felt hurried to eat and leave. Overall, not the best experience I've ever had.
- First time in Las Vegas. HadMichelleDined on 2/8/2014First time in Las Vegas. Had a wonderful dinner experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemMrSmithGoesToBiminiDined on 1/17/2014Phil's was a pleasant surprise hidden in the corner of a noisy Las Vegas casino. We were in town for a convention and were pleased to find a steakhouse in our own hotel. Service was not up to par for the prices, but the house was full so I will give them another try next year. Food was first class and we have only compliments for the chef.Special Features:
- SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/16/2014The food was good- restaurant very crowded. Atmosphere good- not kid friendly. Not good for large groupsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedJimmyDined on 1/14/2014Service was sloppy and slow...especially for $50 entres. Food was good.