Phillips Seafood Philadelphia
Sheraton Philadelphia City Center
201 North 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Phillips Seafood Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.phillipsseafood.com/
- Phone: 2154482700
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday 5:00pm-10:00pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm-11:00pm
Sunday - Thursday 4:00pm-11:00pm
Friday - Saturday 4:00pm-12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Olson Hunte
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Phillip's Seafood can accommodate private parties of up to 40 guests. For parties of 14 and larger, Phillip's offers custom menus.
- Private Party Contact: Ben Powell 2154482000
A word from Phillips Seafood Philadelphia
Phillips Classic American Seafood. Long known as the premiere name in Maryland style crab cake and regional fare, Phillips has expanded their appeal and updated their image from the traditional Chesapeake crab house to a classic American experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Phillips Seafood Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
- we celebrated an anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/25/2013we celebrated an anniversary and they managed the surprise flowers excellently. the food was really great. They are right to be proud of their crab cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic dining experienceaphillips225Dined on 6/8/2013This was the perfect place for a nice romantic dinner. The lighting was soft, the staff was efficient and the atmosphere was quiet where you can hear you dates conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in serviceKsdb8mamaDined on 5/26/2013The food was very tasty & the ambiance was very pleasant. Unfortunately, after we had our food, we didn't see our waiter again until we told another server we had a time constraint. At that point Tom brought our bill & left again. We ended up paying the bar tender and leaving a very small tip as a message of dissatisfaction. The place eras not overly busy & there we plenty of servers, but none on the floor for several minutes at the middle of the meal. No drink refills, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This Phillips was good andrubble56Dined on 5/21/2013This Phillips was good and would return for a casual meal. Service was friendly and attentive. Portions fit the price. Not fine dining by any stretch but decent selection of wines and meals for a satisfying dinner. Overall ambiance is fair compared to other Phillips locations. This is just your average run of the mill hotel spot (it is located inside the Sheraton). A bit run down and in need of a remodel. But, if I am in the area and hungry for a decent meal at a quiet spot I would return. One great feature is if you park in the Sheraton lot they validate the parking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grad dinnerBruceDined on 5/13/2013celebrated graduation; staff was very accommodating and food was served in a timely manner. portions are sizable and quality was very good.Special Features:
- Wonderful SeafoodBonnieVIPDined on 4/30/2013I have had the pleasure of eating at Phillips on several occasions and have always found the food, service and atmosphere very pleasant. I would highly recommend this little hidden gem to anyone looking for a special seafood treat.Special Features:
- My first and onlt experanceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013My first and onlt experance was I waited over an hour for my food to arrive.Special Features:
- Hire more peopleTOTY88VIPDined on 4/27/2013You know you're in trouble when the receptionist desk is vacant for the five minutes when you walk in the door. The poor woman was doing other people's jobs besides her own. Although our server was quite friendly and quite competent, the wait for our meal was ridiculous. I blame that on the lack of staff members in the kitchen. The noise level would have been fine but for a large table of loud and boisterous middle aged sorority sisters who were in a separate room and could still be heard every time a member of the wait staff entered or exited. The fried shrimp was excellent and I would definitely return.Special Features:
- Phillips Seafood- Good Eats!AliciaDined on 4/12/2013While staying at the Sheraton Downtown I visited Phillips to treat myself to a nice meal in celebration of my recent promotion. There were so many wonderful things on the menu to choose from. I ordered the cream of crab soup- it was pretty good- if it was thicker it would have been GREAT! I also go the NY strip which was PHENOMENAL! I topped it off with Creme Brulee cheesecake..OUTSTANDING! The service was SUPERB!! The only thing that I didn't really like was my side salad, but next time I'll try a different dressing. I plan to stay at this Sheraton frequently for work, so I'll be back to eat at Phillips for sure!Special Features:
- Excellent Seafood HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2013Excellent seafood and great intimate setting; Great second or third date spot, but it is pricey.Special Features:
- A little disappointed thatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/30/2013A little disappointed that my appetizer didn't arrive. The server did offer to bring it after my dinner was already being served. Not good It was then he remembered I ordered itSpecial Features:
- Waiter was very accurate onRalphieVIPDined on 3/24/2013Waiter was very accurate on the menu items and helpful
- The restaurant was beautifulericaDined on 3/23/2013The restaurant was beautiful and quiet just like I like it. The waiter was pleasant and swift with our orders.Food came out in a timely fashion. My only complaint was the rice pilaf lacked flavor and the rice was very undercooked. I told the waiter about my rice issue and he quickly had the kitchen replace it. It was better prepared however, it was still just a plain white rice. I've tasted better rice pilaf at a cheap red lobster restaurant. Over all though the Salmon was ok I would order again but maybe with a sauce on topSpecial Features:
- I probably won't returnOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013The food was pretty good and service was good and pleasant. Only real glitch was (and maybe this was just a fluke) the waiter overcharged the bill by $70.00 and we had to point it out to him to get it where it should have been. I wasn't highly impressed and probably wouldn't go back as it's not a good value for even the corrected bill. The menu looks great and maybe other dishes are better but our entrees were not great.
- The service was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/15/2013The service was excellent. Nice anniversary outing Thank youSpecial Features:
- Great convenience in hotel!!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/17/2013Uses a little too much salt in food however excellent in accommodating my gluten free needs. A+++++ for that!!Special Features:
- WE HAD AN 8 O'CLOCK RESERVATIONOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2013WE HAD AN 8 O'CLOCK RESERVATION AND THE KITCHEN HAD ALREADY RUN OUT ON A NUMBER OF ITEMS. THE RESTAURANT WAS DARK AND VERY WARM. tHE APPETIZERS WERE GOOD BUT THE ENTREES LEFT SOMETHING TO BE DESIRED. IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A GOOD FISH EXPERIENCE THIS ISN'T IT.
- I had the BEST time there.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I had the BEST time there. The decor was beautiful and the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Loster, king crabs, crab cakesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Loster, king crabs, crab cakes and steak delicious best I ever had.Special Features:
- We expected better food andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013We expected better food and service. Everything was good but not as good as expected. We were expected to use same silverware on main dish as used on starters.Special Features:
- Great, as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/31/2013Food was GREAT, as always. I ordered the crab cakes, and cream of crab soup. Both were EXCELLENT. Service was great also, server was friendly and checked on us often, but not too much. I have been and will continue to be a fan of Phillip's. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Service was great and theNay3sonsVIPDined on 1/31/2013Service was great and the food was excellent. I had the crab cakes and it is truly Phillip's Specialty. My husband had snapper with lump crab meat which he also enjoyed. Whether it's a quiet dinner after work or a special occasion, Phillip's is a great place to meet.Special Features:
- Nice restaurant if you wantReebsDined on 1/31/2013Nice restaurant if you want a nice seafood or steak dinner. Great selection for restaurant week and great quality. Had a very good steak and clam chowder. Would recommend for a nice anniversary, etc.Special Features:
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/30/2013Went for restaurant week, and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- The atmosphere was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/28/2013The atmosphere was great. Very quiet and intimate. The food was good as well - nice portions.The service we received was excellentSpecial Features:
- Nice Seafood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013Located inside the Sheraton, this romantic restaurant had a great selection of seafood. It's a quiet restaurant with nice music playing, and reservations are definitely important. The staff was pleasant, although could have been more knowledgeable - the hostess told us there were no booths available when there were (another hostess took us to a booth), the waiter wasn't sure if the kitchen could substitute rice for pasta with the shrimp scampi, and told us the cheesecake, which was delicious, was their backup cheesecake. The four course meal seemed a little rushed (we were out in less than an hour), but overall it was a very good meal in a pleasant atmosphere. The food was delicious, lots of variety, and a good price during restaurant week.Special Features:
- Did not really enjoy my mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/26/2013Did not really enjoy my meal the steak I order was bland and over cooked. Service was pretty good. Great chocolate cake though.
- GREAT FOOD with no SMILEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2013Food was GREAT and service was slow with no smiles, should not work in the busniess if you are not happy orking with customersSpecial Features:
- I've been to Phillips severalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2013I've been to Phillips several times. I've always enjoyed the food and the service. However, on my most recent visit, I couldn't finish my dinner and it was boxed for me to take home. While I appreciate that it was boxed for me, my vegetable was not included. A small matter. If not for that, though, my rating, would have been even higher.
- Not impressed.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013Arrived early at 5:00 for a 5:30 reservation and the door was not open yet. With a room of empty tables we were not offered an early seating and was directed to the bar. At 5:30 we went to get seated - no coat check offered to us. Servers brought meals out before previous courses were finished. Felt rushed. The food was delicious. The ladies room was freezing cold and only had one stall - not a problem until you went completely inside and realized you had to go back to the door to lock it. Noted on Open Table this was husband's birthday - nothing special was done for him.
- The free parking at the SheratonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/25/2013The free parking at the Sheraton was great! This perk was one of many reasons why I chose to return on this snowy day.Special Features:
- The service was horrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013The service was horrible. I would not recommend it. I came there during the snow storm and was not impressed at all
- I love Phillips, but thisgoodfoodDined on 1/25/2013I love Phillips, but this visit was ok, the waiter was a little slow and have to send people to look for him when we need something. The room we was in was cold and the food come out cold but eatable! We was late because of the weather and did not get the sevice that I am use to. But overall with my pass experience with Phillips they are normally great.Special Features:
- Great dining experiencee!...ThisOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/25/2013Great dining experiencee!...This was my 6th time dining here & I've never been disappointed..excellent food & service....Special Features:
- I enjoyed my meal for restauranty0leatsDined on 1/24/2013I enjoyed my meal for restaurant week. the selection was very good. I tried a new seafood (mahi-mahi)and the coconut rice was delicious. the timing of the service seemed slow between meals but maybe the restaurant was too busy for have quicker service. I do want my food well done so I understand to wait for my meal. I enjoyed that it was a quiet setting. that makes the meal so much better to enjoy and have good conversation with my friends. I did not have to shout across the table to speak to my guest. Will be back soon!Special Features:
- Delightful dinner. DeliciousMaryannDined on 1/24/2013Delightful dinner. Delicious crabcakes. Pleasant, good service.
- great foodChrisDined on 1/24/2013great food! The restaurant week menu was huge. They had steak, fish, chicken, etc. Great menu. I had the snapper and it was really good. My wife had the crab cakes and it was the best crab cakes. The portions were huge and the service was great. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Went for restaurant week &OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/22/2013Went for restaurant week & it was ok. This was my first time at the upscale location of this chain. I had previously only been to the buffet version in Ocean City. My mom loved her salmon, my filet was ok. I would go back but not in a hurry. Full disclosure I don't eat seafood, if I did I might feel definitely.Special Features:
- Close to job and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/22/2013Close to job and delicious food with coworkers! Excellent service.Special Features:
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/21/2013Amazing staff! Ben Powell, the Host, and the Waiter: they are great!!!!!!!!!Special Features: