601 E. Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.phillipsseafood.com/
- Phone: 4106856600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Todd Weisz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Irene Rosen 4106856600
A word from Phillips Seafood
Classic Casual Dining: Phillips new Baltimore location, is an exciting and easy blend of vintage and modern, with a nod to the longstanding tradition of Phillips restaurants. Phillips at the Power Plant sits directly on the water, just a few steps away from the old Light Street Pavilion location, in the iconic renovated Power Plant industrial building. The innovative redesign of the interior by Carl Myers and Marcie DeLaRosa shows off gleaming, rich woods and jewel toned stained glass fixtures, distressed finishes and antiqued mirrors juxtaposed with a modern, open kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Phillips Seafood - Best Restaurants in Inner Harbor ›
Phillips Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (25)good for groups (22)special occasion (22)great for lunch (18)scenic view (17)kid-friendly (15)hot spot (11)romantic (9)neighborhood gem (9)late-night find (8)fit for foodies (8)vibrant bar scene (6)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Very good experienceDiverdadDined on 9/13/2014We were in Baltimore for the Star Spangled Celebration. There were many people everywhere, but the service was excellent and food was great. There did not seem to be a problem handling the crowds. The location is great, within walking to distance to everywhere in Inner Harbor. When we arrived at the time of our reservation we were immediately seated.Special Features:
- Best Seafood AroundOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014Truly excellent seafood in every aspect! Ultimate crab cake has absolutely no filler or bread. Wide varity of menu choices. If you are looking for seafood, this is the spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The food was great, good service but everything way over priced.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014Had a reservation for lunch for an outdoor table to enjoy the Blue Angels and the celebration at the Harbor. We were shown tot eh worst table possible, and got lots of attitude from the hostess about what tables had a server for one of the busiest events in Baltimore. Our waiter, Sean B., saved the day and once again he provided great service, has a friendly attitude and was eager to please or party.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/10/2014Seafood was good, not great. Served lukewarm as if it had been set out a while before waiter picked it up.
- Hawk23rdDined on 9/7/2014I've already complained to the owners about how abusive the saxophone player was on Sunday night and how incredibly annoying and loud the music was
- Good food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014The food was good, the atmosphere was nice and the service was great. It was a nice place to spend our last evening in the city.
- Not what I expectedNotAFanDined on 8/29/2014The restaurant was recommended by a friend, obviously we have different tastes. Three of us in our group had the deep fried seafood platter and it was mediocre at best. The scallops had more breading than scallop, the clams had grease running all over the plate which ruined the fries. The rockfish was very good and the shrimp was just fine. Our waitress was not very attentive, but the host staff was excellent. We ate outside on a beautiful evening so that was nice, and the inside was incredibly beautiful.Special Features:
- Save your moneyWjbrowneDined on 8/28/2014My wife and I recently dined at Phillps in the Inner Harbor. This was our first visit to the new location. I a nutshell, the restaurant serves overpriced medicore food. The entree prices range from 25/50 dollars. Overall just not the experience we were looking for.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014Food was good, portions too small, service almost too fast like we were being pushed out. Amazing cocktailSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experienceVinnieDined on 8/25/2014We reserved at Phillips to be sure to have some famed local seafood and it lived up to expectations. Had the Premier and Classic Seafood Combo Platters - excellent! If you get the Premier, might want to stay away from appetizers as it's a lot of food. Every bite delicious: scallops, shrimp, salmon, crab cake, mini lobster tail. Crab cakes a must in Maryland! Overall, terrific meal, very friendly and attentive server. We enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very bad serviceMax1126Dined on 8/22/2014Our server was terrible. I don't recommend this place unless you want to be treated like you are not welcome.
- Men's Restroom was a Total DisasterJimmyDined on 8/20/2014The food and dining area was first rate. However, I have never seen a restroom in such bad condition. I understand it must be customers that produced it but it appeared to me that it was left in that condition for a long period of time. The smell was overwhelming! Trash containers were overflowing! The floor was wet with urine around urinals. It was hard to believe such a nice restrurant would have a restroom maintained in that condition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I was use to...Nick9802Dined on 8/16/2014I haven't been to Phillip's in a few years and was really excited to take my girlfriend who doesn't live in MD there for their famous seafood buffet. Much to my dismay I get there and find out they no longer have the buffet. I was skeptical on the new menu but I took the risk and we stayed. It was the worst meal I've had all year. She had the crab legs which arrived cold and I had the ribeye and crab cake. While the crab cake was pretty good the steak and potatoes were the absolute worst and it took over 45 mins to get our food. I have to give it to the waiter because he really tried to make up for the fact that we were having a horrible experience. Will not be returning... EverSpecial Features:
- Amazing Food!Foodie420Dined on 8/15/2014The food was simply delicious! Well worth every penny! There was 4 of us in our party and no one was unhappy with any of the choices, including the desserts! WOWSpecial Features:
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014For the money spent at Phillips I didn't think the food was worth it. We sat directly outside the kitchen, worst seat in the house. My daughter ordered a steak and it took about 10 mins after our food came out to get a steak knife to cut it. Service was okay, server seemed to have too many table and we never got bread which seemed to be standard at every tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No more buffet!pmrthirdVIPDined on 8/5/2014I honestly have not been to Phillips in a long time when I use to enjoy their seafood buffet. I thought I would try for lunch and surprised to learn that they haven't had the buffet since 2011. Well, prices seemed fairly high especially for lunch. My colleague and I both ordered the fish tacos and they were fantastic! They were very flavorful and cook to perfection. Yum! Oh well, no more seafood buffet; the place looks a lot more classier.Special Features:
- Great Maryland Crab Cakes!RoseVIPDined on 8/5/2014we really enjoyed all the Maryland crab dishes we order. Our server was a very sweet young lady, but she was not on her A game. I think she gave each of us about 4 glasses of ice tea. She continued to bring us glasses of ice tea when everyone's glasses were already full. She should have taken notice what her customers were consuming vs. just bring more and more items. Also we ordered a dozen of oysters and we requested 4 of each type, since you were serving 3 types during lunch. However our server order 9 of one type and 3 of another type. Who does that? In addition to getting the oyster order incorrectly, she almost took the oyster platter away when we still have 6 oysters left on the platter. Food is good, but serve not good!Special Features:
- Baltimore ClassicEvilroyVIPDined on 8/4/2014I've been to other Phillips locations and this time I dined at the Inner Harbor restaurant for a late lunch on the patio. I had the local classics: crab claw cocktail, crab soup, crab cakes and rockfish. Everything was tasty, but I thought the claws in the cocktail were a little small for the price. Despite that complaint, I'm literally sitting in the BWI Phillips as I write this, just having finished some more crab soup and cakes :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummo crab cakes!ErinCDined on 8/1/2014Phillips is a must when dining the inner harbor! Great appetizers and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daniel and Jason where awesome!!!!!EdwardsDined on 7/30/2014My brother and i dined here and the food was great good selection our waiter Daniel offered all of the specials and his favorite dishes as well we had a really great time i think that he went above and beyond to wait on us and it was greatly noted!! We ending up having a small issue with my family and friends card I am a VIP and have been for many years but for some reason there was some type of glitch but the Manager Jason took care of it expediously and made us aware of what happened and assured that he would get it taken care of and he did his attitude was the best i see why he is in management!!! My Brother signed up for the friends and family and Jason sent email to have the team follow up with him what great customer service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You get what you pay for!!! 👍AimeendrewDined on 7/25/2014Service was excellent- they were busy, but the seating was well spaced between parties, so still had a private feel. Staff was excellent and knowledgable- answered any and all questions. Food was fantastic- we spent $130 on two dinners, 2 drinks, one alcoholic beverage, soup and dessert. Well worth the money. And as a side note, I am not a drinker by any means- but I would highly recommend the white mango sangria to anyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014I never write reviews because I feel people will make their own choices. My advice is stay away. If you want to experience Baltimore seafood, go to the oyster house. If you want validation, go to trip advisor and read the reviews for both restaurants. The numbers (comments) don't lie.Special Features:
- Becoming a house-hold name!acolli99Dined on 7/21/2014My sister was proposed to at Phillips seafood 3 years ago when it was still in the mall setting. Ever since, it has been a special place and now I deem it a place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrongFoodieFromNJDined on 7/19/2014The service was great! The food was excellent!! The staff wa wonderful!!! We'll be can!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late LunchgmanDined on 7/14/2014Grabbed a late lunch with my fiance. Food was fantastic. Quiet time of the day so was very relaxing.Special Features:
- Great TimeVinceDined on 7/13/2014This was the second time that my wife and I ate at Phillip's...great atmosphere, awesome food and good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Meal at Baltimore Inner HarborBruJuDined on 7/11/2014Service slow meal was blah and all around below average meal. Maybe because the Yankees in town bringing many fans with them because next night meal at M & S was worse
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014My family and I visted Phillips while in Baltimore and thought it would have great seafood. I ordered the twin lobster tails and they were a bit tough. I had also ordered an appetizer with the meal that was never brought out. When I mentioned it to the waiter he stated that it might have been a "good mistake" on his part since most people order too much and can't finish there meal. My daughter had also ordered a fruit cup with her kids meal and that was never brought out either. Eventually, he did take her meal off the bill, but we could have done without his comments. Plus, everything we ordered was covered in cracked pepper, from my lobster, my sons roasted potatoes and my husbands salmon. It was not worth the high priced bill in the end.Special Features:
- Very Hectic but Exceptional ServiceDisappointedVIPDined on 7/10/2014The restaurant during our meal was extremely hectic and the loud. However our server, Ulan (sp?) was exceptional and did all he could to keep this a special occasion for our two nieces' birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LadyDined on 7/8/2014excellent seafood and excellent serviceI was on vacation with my family and that included at 2 & a half year old child and the service was very nice for her as well they had food choices them in her needsthe checking in process could be better and the staff at the door could be a little bit more friendly and inviting the lack of interest was overwritten however by the service we received from our waitressSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A MustBlockDined on 7/7/2014We were trying to find a nice and quiet place to eat and we are glad we found this place. Very relaxing and you could actually have a conversation without having to yell, which is hard to find these days. Took the kids and they loved it also. Service was great and dessert was two thumbs up. Would definitely recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014Been there many times (old & new locatio). This was the best experience yet. Food and service was excellent. Almost outstanding.Special Features:
- Good tourist spotKatrinaLynn1211Dined on 7/4/2014We were in Baltimore for the holiday weekend and decided to stop into well-known Phillips for steamed crabs. The crabs were great (but small due to overharvesting...). The service could have been better, but overall a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014Gret food. Nice to be able to lunch outdorrs on a perfect summer day.Special Features:
- foodieVIPDined on 6/27/2014The food was a disappointment. Their crab dip was a mousse presented as a dip. There were no pieces let alone chunks of crab. If you don't want chunks, this is for you. I ordered crab saute. That's what I got, but it didn't taste fresh. It also had a piece of hair in it. Their crab cake was good, but one out of three items isn't right. Their Sangria was the weakest either of us have ever tasted. If you want a weak Sangria this is for you. The meal cost us $100 but should have cost $50. We only had 3 nights in Baltimore Harbor and wasted it this evening.
- travelingmanDined on 6/27/2014Food and service was good but the portions were somewhat small.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I expectedHungryman13Dined on 6/25/2014The food and service were OK but just not what I had expected. I had always thought of Phillips as a very high end Seafood restaurant. I wasn't really impressed.
- Major DisappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/24/2014I had not been here in several years and wanted to try it while back in town .... major disappointment. The appetizer and ambiance were wonderful, but the kitchen was not having a good shift (or they saw me coming through the door with a bulls-eye). Either way, the oven cooked fish bled when cut open, the crab cake was hot on bottom though cold throughout, the grilled shrimp did not even get seasoned with salt or pepper and the rice was half cook (crunch crunch). Major FAIL. I will say the the wait staff and management were extremely apologetic, but my appetite was gone. On a positive note, their house made sangria's are wonderful.Special Features:
- Pretty good but…..SFGuyDined on 6/18/2014Went there 2 nights in a row when staying in Baltimore's Inner Harbor area, largely because the Yelp reviews were slightly better than other Inner Harbor places. The steamed mussels were quite good, but the broth could have been more flavorful. Two broiled lobster tails were good, but had some garnish on them that detracted from the flavor rather than added. The drawn butter was not plentiful. The accompanying vegetables--green beans, 3 pieces of squash, and a few tired red onions--were largely tasteless and underdone. Chocolate cheesecake was good. Night two: clam chowder--very good flavor, but served tepid. Ultimate crab cake--a generous serving of loose crab in a small skillet, not a crab cake at all, that was again good not greatSpecial Features: