601 E. Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.phillipsseafood.com/
- Phone: 4106856600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Todd Weisz
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Irene Rosen 4106856600
A word from Phillips Seafood
Classic Casual Dining: Phillips new Baltimore location, is an exciting and easy blend of vintage and modern, with a nod to the longstanding tradition of Phillips restaurants. Phillips at the Power Plant sits directly on the water, just a few steps away from the old Light Street Pavilion location, in the iconic renovated Power Plant industrial building. The innovative redesign of the interior by Carl Myers and Marcie DeLaRosa shows off gleaming, rich woods and jewel toned stained glass fixtures, distressed finishes and antiqued mirrors juxtaposed with a modern, open kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Phillips Seafood - Best Restaurants in Inner Harbor ›
Phillips Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (30)good for groups (29)special occasion (27)scenic view (18)great for lunch (17)kid-friendly (15)fit for foodies (14)romantic (12)vibrant bar scene (11)neighborhood gem (10)hot spot (10)late-night find (9)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (3)Show More
- fanat333Dined on 10/26/2014we was with my wife and granddaughter,visiting national aquarium.location was perfect,scenic view on harbor,wether was good and we enjoy view on the boardwalk,playing music inside restaurant,watch NFL game on the TV.We ordered seafood,service was very good,cooked to fast and very delicious,all seafood was local.we spend very good time and recommend to everybodySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The experience was great; however, the waiter was a bit annoying, frequenting my table a little bit more than he needed to. This is a weakness of many waiters who don't know how to let the patrons enjoy their food without continuously butting in. However, it was my 50th birthday party and perhaps the waiter wanted me to know that it was all about me. Well if that was his goal, he succeeded. At least I wasn't ignored, which is the opposite extreme. Phillips still does seafood well! Don't get it twisted; even if they are pricey, the name still means something. I don't eat white bread, but the rolls, slighltly toasted, melted in my mouth. They must have a bakery on the premises. I shall return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodPfurnDined on 10/24/2014Great seafood in a great location. A bit under cooked, but the service was great. I would recommend to anyone. Although it's a bit noisy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood Safe BetWangsterDined on 10/21/2014Philips Baltimore for mid week dinner. Took advantage of the valet parking $10, which is great, as service is door to door, and it rained that night. Their new place is much nicer than the one that used to be at the Shops at Inner Harbor. More grand and upgraded ambiance. It ditched the old antique Eastern Short feel for upscale restaurant. There was live entertainment and the atmosphere was vibrant, on the loud side. We ordered the Clambake for Two. The food was great. Crab, clam and lobster were cooked just right. Baked potato was also great, but the mussel was over cooked, and the French/Italian bread they serve (nice and hot) was a bit too salty. Service was decent, but waiters could definitely be more attentive.Special Features:
- HmmAmbiance2Dined on 10/18/2014While the service was excellent and the omvieonce was great, the food I felt the food was not as great as I thought it would have been. For the amount that we paid that night, I felt the food could have been a lot better.Special Features:
- DisappointedNotsogoodDined on 10/18/2014I chose to treat my family to a nice meal for my sons 7th bday. We had all heard that the food was good and we were excited to enjoy the experience. The service was slow but the waiter was nice. The birthday boy received the wrong food and had to accept it asi it would have taken too long to get his food. He ended up not eating at all. My sister had to reorder her food because they sat it under a heating lamp until it got that overlooked look and the lobster was chewy looking. I spent 250.00 for a not so good meal.Special Features:
- Poor initial serviceeunknownDined on 10/18/2014The service by the maître d and the hostess was abysmal. This also happened the previous time I went to Phillips. For a restaurant which is so closely linked to Maryland and Baltimore in particular, it is a real shame that the first employees you meet as you come in are so inept. At the same time, the waitress was very professional and a pleasure to be around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab cakescccjDined on 10/18/2014These crab cakes hit the spot after a marathon. Absolutely loved them.Special Features:
- Great RestaurantJosephDined on 10/18/2014The food and service was great. Nice place to dine at the Inner Harbor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not The Phillips It Once WasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014I came down specifically for the fried oysters, only to be told that it's no longer on the menu. Seasonal thing, that being said i had to alternate my options. Phillips once had a dinning atmosphere of a 5 star restaurant, now Phillips feels like I'm dinning at Red Lobster!!
- Great, not perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014We are long-time Friends of Phillips, and have patronized five of their restaurants over many years. We love the seafood. Their crab cakes may be the best ever. We will return often on special occasions. Service was friendly, and reasonably attentive. On the other hand, .... On the Saturday we dined, between 5 and 6 PM, there was a live music group in the bar area, whose music was far too loud for us in the dining area to be comfortable with. The noise inhibited conversation, and diminished our enjoyment of the meal quite a bit. We also missed having the crab cake sandwich on the dinner menu, which had been available in the past. The prices are in the high range, but we think the food is worth the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food and service!!EandMDined on 10/10/2014My husband and I choose Phillips because we were craving great seafood and wanted something close to our hotel. My husband is a little picky about food and their menu had several great options for him. Our server, Damian, was great. The perfect amount of attentiveness. He actually almost spilled our drinks on my husband, but had a good save. We laughed it off- no harm done. Damian still brought over a comp cup of soup for each of us to make up for the "almost spill". We were not only impressed by the service, but the soup was amazing. And my husband doesn't eat soup...at all..ever and he loved it. Our meals and drinks were excellent also. We will come back and definitely recommend it to friends and family!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceCarenDined on 9/27/2014Phillips was amazing. From the hostess to the server to the Manager who came to our table to see how everything was! We visited from Philly, and the food was absolutely amazing!!!Special Features:
- Great meal at Inner HarborOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/26/2014Phillips came highly recommended on ,ine so we gave it a try. Glad we did. Menu selections were outstanding and the facility was top-notch. Drinks were "potent" and wine list was decent. THey have outdoor seating but we chose indoors and the decor was delightful. Service was very good and it all added up to a great experience. parking at the Inner Harbor is a nightmere so you can either valet (an added expense) of cab it. It was walking distance from our hotel so that worked out well. After dinner there are many other places nearby like the Hard Rock Cafe and Dick's Last Resort. Prices were what you would expect in a downtown restaurant of this caliber. I haghly recommend Phillips.Special Features:
- boothbayVIPDined on 9/26/2014Excellent selection of seafood. The crab dip with pretzel bread was delicious as were the crab cakes which can be ordered in two different sizes. They were flexible on the sides with the crab cakes which was very nice. The suggested spinach was quite good. As always when in Baltimore enjoyed our dinner at Phillips.
- Very enjoyable dinnerLobster1Dined on 9/26/2014Took my husband here for his birthday. Had a glass of wine in the bar area. Very nice and the music was nice and not too loud. Then we had a delicious dinner. I had a beet salad and the crab cake entree and my husband had the fried shrimp. Service was excellent and food was excellent. No complaints. A little expensive, but worth it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Very good experienceDiverdadDined on 9/13/2014We were in Baltimore for the Star Spangled Celebration. There were many people everywhere, but the service was excellent and food was great. There did not seem to be a problem handling the crowds. The location is great, within walking to distance to everywhere in Inner Harbor. When we arrived at the time of our reservation we were immediately seated.Special Features:
- Best Seafood AroundOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014Truly excellent seafood in every aspect! Ultimate crab cake has absolutely no filler or bread. Wide varity of menu choices. If you are looking for seafood, this is the spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The food was great, good service but everything way over priced.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014Had a reservation for lunch for an outdoor table to enjoy the Blue Angels and the celebration at the Harbor. We were shown tot eh worst table possible, and got lots of attitude from the hostess about what tables had a server for one of the busiest events in Baltimore. Our waiter, Sean B., saved the day and once again he provided great service, has a friendly attitude and was eager to please or party.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/10/2014Seafood was good, not great. Served lukewarm as if it had been set out a while before waiter picked it up.
- Hawk23rdDined on 9/7/2014I've already complained to the owners about how abusive the saxophone player was on Sunday night and how incredibly annoying and loud the music was
- Good food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014The food was good, the atmosphere was nice and the service was great. It was a nice place to spend our last evening in the city.
- Not what I expectedNotAFanDined on 8/29/2014The restaurant was recommended by a friend, obviously we have different tastes. Three of us in our group had the deep fried seafood platter and it was mediocre at best. The scallops had more breading than scallop, the clams had grease running all over the plate which ruined the fries. The rockfish was very good and the shrimp was just fine. Our waitress was not very attentive, but the host staff was excellent. We ate outside on a beautiful evening so that was nice, and the inside was incredibly beautiful.Special Features:
- Save your moneyWjbrowneDined on 8/28/2014My wife and I recently dined at Phillps in the Inner Harbor. This was our first visit to the new location. I a nutshell, the restaurant serves overpriced medicore food. The entree prices range from 25/50 dollars. Overall just not the experience we were looking for.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/27/2014Food was good, portions too small, service almost too fast like we were being pushed out. Amazing cocktailSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely experienceVinnieDined on 8/25/2014We reserved at Phillips to be sure to have some famed local seafood and it lived up to expectations. Had the Premier and Classic Seafood Combo Platters - excellent! If you get the Premier, might want to stay away from appetizers as it's a lot of food. Every bite delicious: scallops, shrimp, salmon, crab cake, mini lobster tail. Crab cakes a must in Maryland! Overall, terrific meal, very friendly and attentive server. We enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very bad serviceMax1126Dined on 8/22/2014Our server was terrible. I don't recommend this place unless you want to be treated like you are not welcome.
- Men's Restroom was a Total DisasterJimmyDined on 8/20/2014The food and dining area was first rate. However, I have never seen a restroom in such bad condition. I understand it must be customers that produced it but it appeared to me that it was left in that condition for a long period of time. The smell was overwhelming! Trash containers were overflowing! The floor was wet with urine around urinals. It was hard to believe such a nice restrurant would have a restroom maintained in that condition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I was use to...Nick9802Dined on 8/16/2014I haven't been to Phillip's in a few years and was really excited to take my girlfriend who doesn't live in MD there for their famous seafood buffet. Much to my dismay I get there and find out they no longer have the buffet. I was skeptical on the new menu but I took the risk and we stayed. It was the worst meal I've had all year. She had the crab legs which arrived cold and I had the ribeye and crab cake. While the crab cake was pretty good the steak and potatoes were the absolute worst and it took over 45 mins to get our food. I have to give it to the waiter because he really tried to make up for the fact that we were having a horrible experience. Will not be returning... EverSpecial Features:
- Amazing Food!Foodie420Dined on 8/15/2014The food was simply delicious! Well worth every penny! There was 4 of us in our party and no one was unhappy with any of the choices, including the desserts! WOWSpecial Features:
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014For the money spent at Phillips I didn't think the food was worth it. We sat directly outside the kitchen, worst seat in the house. My daughter ordered a steak and it took about 10 mins after our food came out to get a steak knife to cut it. Service was okay, server seemed to have too many table and we never got bread which seemed to be standard at every tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No more buffet!pmrthirdVIPDined on 8/5/2014I honestly have not been to Phillips in a long time when I use to enjoy their seafood buffet. I thought I would try for lunch and surprised to learn that they haven't had the buffet since 2011. Well, prices seemed fairly high especially for lunch. My colleague and I both ordered the fish tacos and they were fantastic! They were very flavorful and cook to perfection. Yum! Oh well, no more seafood buffet; the place looks a lot more classier.Special Features:
- Great Maryland Crab Cakes!RoseVIPDined on 8/5/2014we really enjoyed all the Maryland crab dishes we order. Our server was a very sweet young lady, but she was not on her A game. I think she gave each of us about 4 glasses of ice tea. She continued to bring us glasses of ice tea when everyone's glasses were already full. She should have taken notice what her customers were consuming vs. just bring more and more items. Also we ordered a dozen of oysters and we requested 4 of each type, since you were serving 3 types during lunch. However our server order 9 of one type and 3 of another type. Who does that? In addition to getting the oyster order incorrectly, she almost took the oyster platter away when we still have 6 oysters left on the platter. Food is good, but serve not good!Special Features:
- Baltimore ClassicEvilroyVIPDined on 8/4/2014I've been to other Phillips locations and this time I dined at the Inner Harbor restaurant for a late lunch on the patio. I had the local classics: crab claw cocktail, crab soup, crab cakes and rockfish. Everything was tasty, but I thought the claws in the cocktail were a little small for the price. Despite that complaint, I'm literally sitting in the BWI Phillips as I write this, just having finished some more crab soup and cakes :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummo crab cakes!ErinCDined on 8/1/2014Phillips is a must when dining the inner harbor! Great appetizers and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daniel and Jason where awesome!!!!!EdwardsDined on 7/30/2014My brother and i dined here and the food was great good selection our waiter Daniel offered all of the specials and his favorite dishes as well we had a really great time i think that he went above and beyond to wait on us and it was greatly noted!! We ending up having a small issue with my family and friends card I am a VIP and have been for many years but for some reason there was some type of glitch but the Manager Jason took care of it expediously and made us aware of what happened and assured that he would get it taken care of and he did his attitude was the best i see why he is in management!!! My Brother signed up for the friends and family and Jason sent email to have the team follow up with him what great customer service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You get what you pay for!!! 👍AimeendrewDined on 7/25/2014Service was excellent- they were busy, but the seating was well spaced between parties, so still had a private feel. Staff was excellent and knowledgable- answered any and all questions. Food was fantastic- we spent $130 on two dinners, 2 drinks, one alcoholic beverage, soup and dessert. Well worth the money. And as a side note, I am not a drinker by any means- but I would highly recommend the white mango sangria to anyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014I never write reviews because I feel people will make their own choices. My advice is stay away. If you want to experience Baltimore seafood, go to the oyster house. If you want validation, go to trip advisor and read the reviews for both restaurants. The numbers (comments) don't lie.Special Features:
- Becoming a house-hold name!acolli99Dined on 7/21/2014My sister was proposed to at Phillips seafood 3 years ago when it was still in the mall setting. Ever since, it has been a special place and now I deem it a place for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.