Phillips Seafood - Atlantic City
One Atlantic Ocean
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Phillips Seafood - Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.phillipsseafood.com/locations-and-menus/atlantic-city
- Phone: (609) 348-2273
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Paul Drew
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
A word from Phillips Seafood - Atlantic City
Phillips Seafood is an Awarding Winning Seafood Restaurant with gorgeous ocean views. We are best known for our Crab Cakes, but we have many menu options to satisfy all of our guest's needs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Phillips Seafood - Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (33)special occasion (22)good for groups (16)fit for foodies (14)romantic (13)kid-friendly (12)great for lunch (9)neighborhood gem (8)hot spot (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)notable wine list (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- HawkDined on 11/11/2014My wife had a great meal and the server was very knowledgeable about the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Clam BakeKlynnl2Dined on 11/6/2014Clam bake was awesome. Kids' meals are well worth it. Not over-priced.Special Features:
- Clams are for two. ..DamelobsterDined on 10/24/2014the lobster was rUbbery, mussles way over cooked,and the clams were kind of tiny.the snow crab and other items were acceptable, but still short of the expectation for fine dining.. the ambiance however was outstanding, as was the speed and courtesy of service and there was an excellent view.overall, the wife was happy with our anniversary dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to beGeneDined on 10/12/2014I have been coming here for a few years with my wife for our anniversary. I don't know if the chef is different or what, but the food is too fishy and stuff that shouldn't even be spicy was burning hot. We had to leave after just having drinks and a soup. Not planning on coming back.
- Dinner with MomOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2014Perfect place for Birthday Dinner with Mom. They even helped us celebrate with a slice of cake and a candle. Good wine selection and Fabulous viewSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Order fhe Clam Bake for 2!lindasueDined on 10/11/2014If you want an impressive and delicious dinner,order the clam bake for two. It is well worth the price and the seafood was Amazing. Also the fried calamari appetizer was also awesome. It's a crowded and lively place but they are quick to serve and very attentive. Would love to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Snapper everMartySVIPDined on 9/26/2014The grilled blacked snapper was great. Good food fair priceSpecial Features:
- Standard Seafood FareGeorgeDined on 9/22/2014The service and scenery is very good. Located on the pier extending into the ocean gives a wonderful view of the beach and the Boardwalk. The food is pretty basic and not notable. No surprises and enough variety to please a group of people.Special Features:
- Good foodKaosoVIPDined on 9/15/2014The food was very good and so was the service. Nice menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great customer servicecupcakeDined on 9/12/2014I love Phillips they have the best crab soup have ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014Went for our 40th anniversary dinner. Staff was very nice, even when asked to take our picture. Appetizers and entrees were varied- something for everyone. Crab patties a necessity. Nicely varied seafood platter. House salad was different and delicious, with bacon and feta cheese. View of the coastline was beautiful. Desserts very good. Would recommend everyone to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DissapointingDissapointmentDined on 9/1/2014Went there to celebrate an anniversary. Our meal came out before the appetizer and then in the middle of eating they decided to bring it out. I ordered lobster and was not given anything to clean my hands. Lobster and scallops were both overcooked. Crab Mac n Cheese did not have any flavor. My husband's portion was small. When sides are sold ala carte they usually are large enough for 2. Not the case. We had eaten there several years ago. We will not go back.Special Features:
- Nice placeLuvNobuDined on 8/31/2014The food was nice, but not superb. If you're looking for nice quality seafood, this is worthy of consideration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SeafoodILOVEFOODDined on 8/31/2014I have to say I was even more impressed the second time to Phillip's... food was great and the service was even betterSpecial Features:
- FoodIEKGDined on 8/30/2014Portions very small. Secret find is you can order sushi from restaurant across and eat it at Phillips Seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experiencegobetween3Dined on 8/29/2014This had all the parts of a good dinning experience for me.. Open air not stuffy, great view even with the sun going down, good service, good food though pricy. Had the New York strip and shrimp and the seasoning on the steak was a bit over powering. but it was done as requested.. Happy hour drink prices were very good. but all other prices seemed to be maybe 20 % higher than what I would have expected for this type of dinning experience.Special Features:
- Convenient lunch at your fingertipsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Pleasant decor. Friendly staff. Waiter was terrific; got food order right. Only restaurant with good menu to be opened in Atlantic City. Menu is limited but still choices are abound. Food was well done: Nothing raw especially seafood. Wine selection is limited but they do have a bottle or two from Chile. Deserts were good too but Lava Cake wasn't what I expected but still deiiscious. Worth going for lunch if you are in Atlantic City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical seafood "CHAIN" foodWontgobackDined on 8/26/2014Sent filet mignon back twice ! Super skinny filet mignon ! Very disappointed! Sun shined in our eyes throughout the meal...hard to see with watery eyes! Waitress very kind and tried to make up for the poor cooks!Special Features:
- Perfect happy hourFeliliVIPDined on 8/24/2014We went for dinner but decided to fit at the bar instead of a table. Perfect choice because they have ALL DAY HAPPY HOUR on Sundays. We got a smorgasbord for less than half the cost of 2 entrees plus drinks. Oh and there were 4 of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EarmipDined on 8/23/2014The food was pretty band and extremely over priced. My wife had to send her dish back and it did not come until 30 minutes after I had finished my food. Servers were attentive and friendly.
- Awesome and the staff was greatJmc1122Dined on 8/23/2014I would highly recommend Phillips seafood to everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014extremely poor quality scallops for a seafood restaurant and overcooked... below diner qualitySpecial Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014I came to this location for my 20th birthday, our server was very nice and the food came out quickly and everything was delicious! Thank you Phillips AC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25luvDined on 8/9/2014We celebrated our 25th anniversary at Phillips. The sunset view was beautiful, the service was perfect, and the food was fresh and AMAZING! Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseprgirl73Dined on 8/9/2014I hadn't been to a Phillips in years, and made our reservation on a whim. My have things have changed! It is no longer your run of the mill seafood restaurant, but classy and refined. Despite that, they had a great set of selections on the kids menus. The entrees are on the pricey side, but our portions were ample, the food was good and our server was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stay away,,,,,,,,,,,DfreedVIPDined on 8/2/2014Not the Phillips I know. Very inattentive service. Drink glasse and appetizer plates were not removed until we asked. Also, had to request bread while other tables received. The food was just average- not the quality I have had at Phillips in Baltimore. One positive- I asked our server who is responsible to remove dishes and she said both herself and the bus boy. She did thank me for the criticism and said, " most people are afraid to say anything negative."
- Very disappointing.PattiDined on 7/31/2014We arrived for lunch. Disappointed that they had no blue crabs at a seafood restaurant. They have a huge crab at the check in station. Service was ok. She did not go out of her way. They served water without ice , food was ok. Chairs were dusty. We recently went to Philips Baltimore . Service was outstanding. They went above and beyond to make happy. Good was delicious . Menu had blue crabs. I would never recommend Phillips atlantic city to anyone. I'm a little worried about going to another Philips .
- The following 30 reviews are from the Phillips Seafood - Atlantic City reviews archive.
- As advertised - Very good!!captchaosDined on 7/26/2014We were in AC for the night and last minute we had time to eat before a show. Found it was on the Pier and was not sure if we were going to dig it. Since the Pier has become more of a "mall", I was questioning my call on this. It was right next to the Continental, which is decent. Service was very good. Friendly and available. 2 things I like in a server. We got the Oyster sampler app and wish there were more. I got the scallops and the GF got the shrimp. Both were excellent. To be honest, I still had some room left in the belly. For some people that's ok. I dont like to be stuffed, but comfortably full. So I ordered the Bread pudding which was great as well. Great place!! You will not be disappointed!!Special Features:
- Nice RestaurantBobfDined on 7/26/2014They were very accommodating. Due to a major accident our party was delayed by 45 minutes. I was able to call from the road and adjust the reservation. We were seated immediately and with a show to catch, the waitress quickly responded to our order and managed to get us everything quickly. The food was nicely prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but scant.RosstheBossDined on 7/26/2014Very nice place with great view. Service was excellent. Food was fair. My wife had Mahi Mahi which was delicious but a small portion for the price. I had the classic crabcakes which were tasty but undercooked and not terribly hot. They were small too.Special Features:
- Nothing specialACnoviceDined on 7/26/2014The food was bland & the portions were small for the price.
- Red Lobster is better!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014For a place that refers to itself as a seafood specialty restaurant, we were terribly disappointed. The only thing we ate here that was awesome was the poached pear and fig salad. The shrimp cocktail tasted about the same as you'd find in an average grocery store. It was watery and lacked texture. The crab soup tasted and smelled awfully fishy, and the crab stuffed mushrooms tasted so bad that we left on the rest to be thrown away rather than force them down. The wedge salad was good, as was the mixed greens salad. This and three drinks took us over $100 and we decided it was not worth the risk to try their main courses so we left. If you want the best seafood experience there is, you'd thank me for going to Dock's Oyster HouseSpecial Features:
- great service, food and viewsbrieDined on 7/25/2014I was pleasantly surprised with the beautiful views, and we were able to be seated next to the windows. Started off at the bar with happy hour mussels and oysters-definitely worth it, and tasty, though the actual mussels seemed small. Excellent service from the hosts to the bar and throughout the meal. Crab cake was as delicious as i heard it described. Salad made table side was a nice touch and quite tasty. I was not as impressed with the mixed oyster appetizer, but i should've asked for a better description of the dish before choosing itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great group service.ScMarinoDined on 7/19/2014Service was terrific for a group of 13 guys. Held our table while we met and initially got drinks at the bar. Kerrie (waitress) did a great job once we got to the table. Comped one dinner when it came out just 2-3 minutes later. Very attentive. Made for a nice meal which everyone enjoyed. Quality steaks for a seafood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodgreenie1434Dined on 7/19/2014I thought the priced were a little high at first but it was well worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Our reservation was at 8:15 and we arrived about 8:10 and were seated immediately. The ambiance was warm and inviting and the staff were courteous and professional. Our food was delicious and the portions were adequate. It made my fiancé's birthday that much more special. I would definently recommend this restaurant to all my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurfinforseafoodDined on 7/14/2014My daughter's 20th and she wanted seafood.Service was very good. Food was good but clam bake for two was sandy. Prices a bit high but over all we had a good time and left with a happy birthday girl!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, but pricey!SeafoodJunkieDined on 7/12/2014We made our reservation with a few days before a Saturday event. As it turned out, the reservation was a GREAT idea, because the wait upon walkup was an hour and 20 minutes. Way too long for concertgoers! Anyway, the food was very well prepared, and we enjoyed it (crab cakes and scallops). However, it was a little expensive. We expected this somewhat because of the location (near the casino), but we did feel a little "taken advantage of". Service was great, and the mango sangria (ordered from the bar) was very good. We might be back (because of the food), but probably wouldn't if we were on a budget.Special Features:
- Ok but not greatDiningFunDined on 7/12/2014This restaurant reminded me of a pricey Red Lobster. Wasn't the dining experience we were looking for.Special Features:
- Not a Good ExperienceRockyDined on 7/11/2014I dined at this restaurant at the recommendation of a friend who had eaten at the Phillips Seafood in Maryland. First off, the restaurant was not full on a Friday night in July during vacation season. This should have been a clue right off the bat! We both ordered the broiled seafood platter. This food had absolutely no flavor what-so-ever. No seasonings, no sauces...I felt like I was eating hospital food. One of the things I heard this restaurant was famous for was the crabcakes. Mine were mushy and disgusting. The only thing edible was the cream of crab soup. I will not be back to this or any other Phillips Seafood restaurant. What a disappointment, especially when there are plenty of great restaurants to choose from in AC.