Phillips Seafood - Atlantic City
One Atlantic Ocean
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Phillips Seafood - Atlantic City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.phillipsseafood.com/locations-and-menus/atlantic-city
- Phone: 6093482273
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Paul Drew
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
A word from Phillips Seafood - Atlantic City
Phillips Seafood is an Awarding Winning Seafood Restaurant with gorgeous ocean views. We are best known for our Crab Cakes, but we have many menu options to satisfy all of our guest's needs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Phillips Seafood - Atlantic City reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (49)special occasion (32)romantic (23)good for groups (20)fit for foodies (19)hot spot (14)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (10)notable wine list (10)vibrant bar scene (10)neighborhood gem (9)great for brunch (8)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Great customer servicecupcakeDined on 9/12/2014I love Phillips they have the best crab soup have ever tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/7/2014Went for our 40th anniversary dinner. Staff was very nice, even when asked to take our picture. Appetizers and entrees were varied- something for everyone. Crab patties a necessity. Nicely varied seafood platter. House salad was different and delicious, with bacon and feta cheese. View of the coastline was beautiful. Desserts very good. Would recommend everyone to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DissapointingDissapointmentDined on 9/1/2014Went there to celebrate an anniversary. Our meal came out before the appetizer and then in the middle of eating they decided to bring it out. I ordered lobster and was not given anything to clean my hands. Lobster and scallops were both overcooked. Crab Mac n Cheese did not have any flavor. My husband's portion was small. When sides are sold ala carte they usually are large enough for 2. Not the case. We had eaten there several years ago. We will not go back.Special Features:
- Nice placeLuvNobuDined on 8/31/2014The food was nice, but not superb. If you're looking for nice quality seafood, this is worthy of consideration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SeafoodILOVEFOODDined on 8/31/2014I have to say I was even more impressed the second time to Phillip's... food was great and the service was even betterSpecial Features:
- FoodIEKGDined on 8/30/2014Portions very small. Secret find is you can order sushi from restaurant across and eat it at Phillips Seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice experiencegobetween3Dined on 8/29/2014This had all the parts of a good dinning experience for me.. Open air not stuffy, great view even with the sun going down, good service, good food though pricy. Had the New York strip and shrimp and the seasoning on the steak was a bit over powering. but it was done as requested.. Happy hour drink prices were very good. but all other prices seemed to be maybe 20 % higher than what I would have expected for this type of dinning experience.Special Features:
- Convenient lunch at your fingertipsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Pleasant decor. Friendly staff. Waiter was terrific; got food order right. Only restaurant with good menu to be opened in Atlantic City. Menu is limited but still choices are abound. Food was well done: Nothing raw especially seafood. Wine selection is limited but they do have a bottle or two from Chile. Deserts were good too but Lava Cake wasn't what I expected but still deiiscious. Worth going for lunch if you are in Atlantic City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Typical seafood "CHAIN" foodWontgobackDined on 8/26/2014Sent filet mignon back twice ! Super skinny filet mignon ! Very disappointed! Sun shined in our eyes throughout the meal...hard to see with watery eyes! Waitress very kind and tried to make up for the poor cooks!Special Features:
- Perfect happy hourFeliliVIPDined on 8/24/2014We went for dinner but decided to fit at the bar instead of a table. Perfect choice because they have ALL DAY HAPPY HOUR on Sundays. We got a smorgasbord for less than half the cost of 2 entrees plus drinks. Oh and there were 4 of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EarmipDined on 8/23/2014The food was pretty band and extremely over priced. My wife had to send her dish back and it did not come until 30 minutes after I had finished my food. Servers were attentive and friendly.
- Awesome and the staff was greatJmc1122Dined on 8/23/2014I would highly recommend Phillips seafood to everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/14/2014extremely poor quality scallops for a seafood restaurant and overcooked... below diner qualitySpecial Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014I came to this location for my 20th birthday, our server was very nice and the food came out quickly and everything was delicious! Thank you Phillips AC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25luvDined on 8/9/2014We celebrated our 25th anniversary at Phillips. The sunset view was beautiful, the service was perfect, and the food was fresh and AMAZING! Will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseprgirl73Dined on 8/9/2014I hadn't been to a Phillips in years, and made our reservation on a whim. My have things have changed! It is no longer your run of the mill seafood restaurant, but classy and refined. Despite that, they had a great set of selections on the kids menus. The entrees are on the pricey side, but our portions were ample, the food was good and our server was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stay away,,,,,,,,,,,DfreedVIPDined on 8/2/2014Not the Phillips I know. Very inattentive service. Drink glasse and appetizer plates were not removed until we asked. Also, had to request bread while other tables received. The food was just average- not the quality I have had at Phillips in Baltimore. One positive- I asked our server who is responsible to remove dishes and she said both herself and the bus boy. She did thank me for the criticism and said, " most people are afraid to say anything negative."
- Very disappointing.PattiDined on 7/31/2014We arrived for lunch. Disappointed that they had no blue crabs at a seafood restaurant. They have a huge crab at the check in station. Service was ok. She did not go out of her way. They served water without ice , food was ok. Chairs were dusty. We recently went to Philips Baltimore . Service was outstanding. They went above and beyond to make happy. Good was delicious . Menu had blue crabs. I would never recommend Phillips atlantic city to anyone. I'm a little worried about going to another Philips .
- As advertised - Very good!!captchaosDined on 7/26/2014We were in AC for the night and last minute we had time to eat before a show. Found it was on the Pier and was not sure if we were going to dig it. Since the Pier has become more of a "mall", I was questioning my call on this. It was right next to the Continental, which is decent. Service was very good. Friendly and available. 2 things I like in a server. We got the Oyster sampler app and wish there were more. I got the scallops and the GF got the shrimp. Both were excellent. To be honest, I still had some room left in the belly. For some people that's ok. I dont like to be stuffed, but comfortably full. So I ordered the Bread pudding which was great as well. Great place!! You will not be disappointed!!Special Features:
- Nice RestaurantBobfDined on 7/26/2014They were very accommodating. Due to a major accident our party was delayed by 45 minutes. I was able to call from the road and adjust the reservation. We were seated immediately and with a show to catch, the waitress quickly responded to our order and managed to get us everything quickly. The food was nicely prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty but scant.RosstheBossDined on 7/26/2014Very nice place with great view. Service was excellent. Food was fair. My wife had Mahi Mahi which was delicious but a small portion for the price. I had the classic crabcakes which were tasty but undercooked and not terribly hot. They were small too.Special Features:
- Nothing specialACnoviceDined on 7/26/2014The food was bland & the portions were small for the price.
- Red Lobster is better!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014For a place that refers to itself as a seafood specialty restaurant, we were terribly disappointed. The only thing we ate here that was awesome was the poached pear and fig salad. The shrimp cocktail tasted about the same as you'd find in an average grocery store. It was watery and lacked texture. The crab soup tasted and smelled awfully fishy, and the crab stuffed mushrooms tasted so bad that we left on the rest to be thrown away rather than force them down. The wedge salad was good, as was the mixed greens salad. This and three drinks took us over $100 and we decided it was not worth the risk to try their main courses so we left. If you want the best seafood experience there is, you'd thank me for going to Dock's Oyster HouseSpecial Features:
- great service, food and viewsbrieDined on 7/25/2014I was pleasantly surprised with the beautiful views, and we were able to be seated next to the windows. Started off at the bar with happy hour mussels and oysters-definitely worth it, and tasty, though the actual mussels seemed small. Excellent service from the hosts to the bar and throughout the meal. Crab cake was as delicious as i heard it described. Salad made table side was a nice touch and quite tasty. I was not as impressed with the mixed oyster appetizer, but i should've asked for a better description of the dish before choosing itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great group service.ScMarinoDined on 7/19/2014Service was terrific for a group of 13 guys. Held our table while we met and initially got drinks at the bar. Kerrie (waitress) did a great job once we got to the table. Comped one dinner when it came out just 2-3 minutes later. Very attentive. Made for a nice meal which everyone enjoyed. Quality steaks for a seafood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodgreenie1434Dined on 7/19/2014I thought the priced were a little high at first but it was well worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Our reservation was at 8:15 and we arrived about 8:10 and were seated immediately. The ambiance was warm and inviting and the staff were courteous and professional. Our food was delicious and the portions were adequate. It made my fiancé's birthday that much more special. I would definently recommend this restaurant to all my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurfinforseafoodDined on 7/14/2014My daughter's 20th and she wanted seafood.Service was very good. Food was good but clam bake for two was sandy. Prices a bit high but over all we had a good time and left with a happy birthday girl!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good, but pricey!SeafoodJunkieDined on 7/12/2014We made our reservation with a few days before a Saturday event. As it turned out, the reservation was a GREAT idea, because the wait upon walkup was an hour and 20 minutes. Way too long for concertgoers! Anyway, the food was very well prepared, and we enjoyed it (crab cakes and scallops). However, it was a little expensive. We expected this somewhat because of the location (near the casino), but we did feel a little "taken advantage of". Service was great, and the mango sangria (ordered from the bar) was very good. We might be back (because of the food), but probably wouldn't if we were on a budget.Special Features:
- Ok but not greatDiningFunDined on 7/12/2014This restaurant reminded me of a pricey Red Lobster. Wasn't the dining experience we were looking for.Special Features:
- Not a Good ExperienceRockyDined on 7/11/2014I dined at this restaurant at the recommendation of a friend who had eaten at the Phillips Seafood in Maryland. First off, the restaurant was not full on a Friday night in July during vacation season. This should have been a clue right off the bat! We both ordered the broiled seafood platter. This food had absolutely no flavor what-so-ever. No seasonings, no sauces...I felt like I was eating hospital food. One of the things I heard this restaurant was famous for was the crabcakes. Mine were mushy and disgusting. The only thing edible was the cream of crab soup. I will not be back to this or any other Phillips Seafood restaurant. What a disappointment, especially when there are plenty of great restaurants to choose from in AC.
- Slightly disappointedMadjaggerDined on 7/5/2014The hostess could have been right out of a busy corner Diner. I made a reservation and waited for a seat with the walk ups. The waitress had no idea regarding the menu. The portions were healthy. The seafood was good not great. The restaurant has all the makings to be good but there seems to be a lack of attention to detail. I must include that it was July 4 weekend so it's possible they were overwhelmed. Total 115$ for 2. We had apps, no drinks and entrees. Best for casual clam bake with buddies.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Very helpful and friendly staff and ofcourse amazing food A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for PhillipsMartDined on 6/30/2014This Phillips is located in a great spot at the Pier Shops in Atlantic City. It was right across from our hotel and we enjoyed a lovely dinner there. The crab macaroni and cheese was great. The crab soup and clam chowder were stocked with meat and very tasty. The blue margarita's were refreshing. It was a great meal for about $40 per person.Special Features:
- Third time hereDebbieCDined on 6/30/2014The food at Phillips is always very good and the price is right. The menu is decent, but slightly limited. However, you can always get a good meal. We had a dozen oysters at a good price, and different salads delivered to our table. The pinot grigio I ordered was unavailable (at $7. per glass) so I got the other pinot grigio on the menu for $10. I ordered the broiled platter, the other two in my party ordered the stuffed shrimp. All the food was amazing. We even shared an order of the crab mac and cheese, which was okay--not worth the calories. I REALLY wanted a broiled lobster and was told they either had one pounders (26$) or 3 (78$--which I thought was excessive). You can always get a good meal here...a little loud- in the mallSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentShadowDined on 6/25/2014Excellent food, service and portions. Would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingAGEMINMONTREALVIPDined on 6/17/2014Phillips sea food is a casino restaurant. The food was reasonable and the portion were generous but nothing other than very ordinary. The service was poor. It was so fast that you hardly had enough time to eat the previous service. I understand, it's a casino and they hope you will go back to a gambling table. On the other had it was poor as they never replenished the water. The waitress asked us if we wanted the desert menu. We said no, she then left before we could utter another word and within seconds we got the bill. She never offered coffee. I had to ask for it.
- 18th birthday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2014My daughter enjoyed her lunch and stay for the day in atlantic city thank you do acSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeKatarzyna79VIPDined on 6/9/2014Seafood is so good here and reasonably priced (crab cakes, shrimp are my fave). Great stop for lunch/dinner when you're shopping at Ceaser'sSpecial Features:
- Quality's good but not like beforeEatsoutoftenDined on 6/7/2014We ordered the cold and hot tower appetizer like we've done numerous times before. The presentation has changed and is lacking. They've also taken the tuna tartar off and used smaller lobster. Good but not as good as it once was. Our server Phil did a nice job. It's tough finding a good seafood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.