Philippe Chow - Boca
200 East Palmetto Park Rd
Boca Raton, FL 33432Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $31 to $50
Philippe Chow - Boca
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.philippechow.com/
- Phone: 5613934666
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Tuesday Wednesday And Thursdays from 4pm to 11pm Fridays and Saturdays 4pm to midnight Closed on Mondays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Philippe Chow
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full Service upon request.
A word from Philippe Chow - Boca
Mr. Philippe Chow was born in China in 1958 and went to Hong Kong when he was 16 years old. Philippe spent 5 years learning all the Chinese basic cooking skills and worked in various kitchens in Hong Kong. Philippe came to the United States in 1979 and started working in the kitchen of Mr. Chow located in Manhattan, New York in 1980.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Philippe Chow - Boca reviews from OpenTable diners
- This was one of the most memorablecsberkoDined on 6/6/2012This was one of the most memorable dinners I've ever had. The food was out of this world. I had the steamed black bass. The fish was cooked to perfection and the preparation was excellent.Special Features:
- Brought friends backLWLouDined on 5/27/2012Second time we had the Peking duck...to die for! Very attentive and pleasant service - especially when they prepare your little duck pancakes for you!! Cool looking rooms. Complimentary valet parking. Try the crispy seaweed.Special Features:
- Galaxies above the rest!gailindaDined on 5/26/2012Thos is absolutely the best food in town. Standards as well as gourmet additions couldn't taste finer.Special Features:
- Good happy hour. freindlyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/25/2012Good happy hour. freindly bartenders. Lively bar scene. Don't go for the food--take out is better.Special Features:
- Roast(not the whole peking)luvfrenchfoodVIPDined on 5/24/2012Roast(not the whole peking) duck was crisp lean and delicious. Appetizers are very good. Service was a bit slow, but apologetic and friendly.Special Features:
- Best Chinese in Boca!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/18/2012The beautiful restaurant itself was at a nice noise level even though it was a Fri night bc we arrived at 8:30.Helpful & friendly waiter who helped us navigate through the menu & explain the amt of food.There were four of us and we shared the crispy beef,yummy crispy duck,& the MUST get fillet,w/ the best veg fried rice I've had,all "For 1"(portion) & there was still leftovers!Though we did have some of their amazing appetizers inc the veg egg roll,chicken lettuce wraps & must have crispy seaweed! Both my husband & I were not a fan of their drinks which was a shame. Ordered two desserts & neither were worth writing home about.What I thought was poor is it was my Birthday, & given the HIGH bill, I was VERY surprised it wasn't on the house.
- Horrible in Boca!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/18/2012This was the worst experience anyone can have at a restaurant. The service was beyond horrible and to make matters worse no one seemed to care, certainly not the Management. While the waiter was nice when he would occasionally cruise past the table, it was a joke that we asked for the manager and an hour later still no manager. One of our diners went up to the manager to speak to him and was ignored. This experience last night was compared to a Seinfeld episode. While this was our second time going back to the restaurant I can assure you it was our last and would without a doubt let people know not to dine here!
- My Favorite Restaurant in BocaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/18/2012This is probably my favorite restaurant in Boca. The Crispy Duck is to die for. I think it's better than the regular Peking Duck. The waiters are trained and some of the best in the business. It is a first class experience so bring your dates there and they will be impressed.Special Features:
- Summer Special Menu - YES!DemandingMaxVIPDined on 5/18/2012Tried the special summer menu which has lots of appetizers and entrees to select from, although it would have been more appealing if there was at least one shrimp dish! Portions were large, the service was impressively well coordinated - everyone got their appetizers and entrees at the same time, rather than anyone sitting with no food in front of them. Jayson was our waiter and he did a super job. Management seems to have things under control - finally!Special Features:
- Underwhelming!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/16/2012Dissapointing at best. Happy hour street crowd (7:00-7:45)drowned out any chance for "fine dining" experience. My cocktail tasted odd and I asked the waiter to check with the bartender. When questioned, the bartender said he ran short of a full pour of my favorite "Irish" and topped it of with Scotch. He admitted running out and offered J&B as a substitute. Who hired that guy? Food was average and presentation was poor. Food servers didn't know what went where. Managers (two of three) walked around with ties untied, couldn't tell if they were getting dressed or undressed. Waiter was the only bright light, he was knowledgable, attentive, responsive and earnest about what he was doing. In summary, below average, pricey, underwhelming.
- Never disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/13/2012The food is never disappointing. My server was exceptionally attentive and helpful. Tried a new dish -- crispy duck salad -- it was really good as was the chicken and mushroom dumplings, the chicken lettuce wraps, and the chicken satay. Some people think the menu is pricey, but I don't think so; I usually get a bunch of appetizers to share and a good wine and have a very enjoyable dining experience -- besides which the food is worth it.Special Features:
- Our server was not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012Our server was not great. He did not show care and experience toward us.Special Features:
- We both had the prix fixefilmfoodieVIPDined on 5/10/2012We both had the prix fixe dinner, which was a major disappointment. Appetizers were what you'd expect from a decent restaurant but nothing special. Main course was good but not great. Only the homemade ice cream was excellent, the best part of the whole meal. Service was spotty as well. Wait staff was friendly but not the level of professionalism expected from a restaurant of this calibre. A few times we had to look for a waiter to fill our requests rather than their being attentive to our needs. However, when we did ask for something, they were gracious and prompt in complying. I wonder how service would be if the restaurant were crowded, which it was not.
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/4/2012Peking Duck and Lettuce Wraps were outstanding. Waiter was helpful and entertaining. For us, a great find.Special Features:
- Fabulous. Our first timegailindaDined on 4/28/2012Fabulous. Our first time there. Replaced my other favorite and I thought that was impossible.Special Features:
- Please add a Gluten Free MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/28/2012Food is always great here - Service was average, My wife is gluten free and the waiter seemed lazy and not interested in finding out what was available for her to eat. They do have some good steamed options. Would be good if the chef could give the servers some training in the topic of gluten free.
- Uninspiring Asian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/21/2012Service was good and friendly and the setting and building are very nice but the food is bland and flavorless, definitely not up to par with other excellent restaurants in the Boca Rston areaSpecial Features:
- Expensive? Not.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/21/2012Not sure why people continually to say this place is expensive. It's no more expensive than other Boca area restaurants. $15 chicken and brocolli isn't expensive folks! You'll pay more at that chain restaurant you love so much! Food at Philippe is always excellent, especially the crispy duck. Love the drinks and the appetizers are awesome too. If your'e looking for great food, try Philippe and quit worrying about the people saying the place is expensive.Special Features:
- Peking Duck was absolutelyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/20/2012Peking Duck was absolutely fabulous..chicken satay was delicious and the green shrimp and black shrimp were amazing. The very best, though, was our server, Tim. He made the evening so enjoyable and directed us to the best finds on the menu!! He put the evening over the top!Special Features:
- the music that was piped intoOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 4/14/2012the music that was piped into the restaurant was intrusive . too loud. without the music the restaurant was one of the best in bocaSpecial Features:
- Our waiter, Tim, was the best.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/14/2012Our waiter, Tim, was the best. The decor was lovely and the food was good. Appetizers might have been better than the main dishes. We enjoyed the desserts. It was pricey but I guess that's Boca.Special Features:
- no second chanceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/10/2012Atmosphere was very nice. Waiter was very nice. Horrible wine list. Food was not at all worth going back for. Overpriced for below average Chinese food. We were shocked at the food quality. Pre-measured chain quality food. My prediction, out of business in a couple months. As long as it takes to move the furniture.
- DissapointedmooseVIPDined on 4/10/2012Very mediorcore at best and expensive. all 3 dinners were disapointed. Overhyped to say the least
- not up to parFeldoDined on 4/5/2012This was my third visit to the restaurant & this time I was quite dissappointed. From the onset I knew I was in trouble as there was a social/business networking event in the bar area so it was very crowded and very noisy. They did sit us in a quieter area which was fine as I had some older guests but the room is not very attractive and my table was next to the kitchen -- not a very good view & I had told my guests that the restaurant was very attractive & it wasn't from that view at all. The food and service was fine but when we needed mustard for the soup it took 4 different people that we asked before our waiter took care of it.Special Features:
- Excellent food. If you likeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/31/2012Excellent food. If you like sweet and sour, the halibut is sensational. Mr Chow's noodles, both the chicken and veal sauces were excellent.Special Features:
- The food was simply outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2012The food was simply outstanding. Our choice was helped by a very knowledgeable server. Don't come here and order the Chines standards, let your server guide you and order something different. You won't be disappointed. Perhaps a little pricey but well worth every penny.Special Features:
- we have already spoken toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012we have already spoken to friends and we will be backSpecial Features:
- The food was excellent, andLuvGreatFindsVIPDined on 3/31/2012The food was excellent, and I almost gave service an excellent rating too, except that our waiter disappeared a couple times for long periods. Thankfully, the waiters work in a team, so others came to help. The chicken satay and crispy seaweed appetizers are definite must-tries. Our main entrees, green prawns and kung pao chicken were fabulous. Both entrees were also gluten free. Though the restaurant does not have a printed gluten free menu, our server was aware of the key ingredients and was happy to double check to be sure.Special Features:
- The appetizers are excellent,luvfrenchfoodVIPDined on 3/29/2012The appetizers are excellent, especially the soup dumpling. The hot and sour soup is the only authentic one I have tried in the area. Kung pao chicken has just the right balance between spice and sweet. We saw but didn't have the Peking duck - it looked awesome. The service is impeccable.Special Features:
- We enjoyed so very much!NinaVIPDined on 3/23/2012All very taesty drinks and meal.... what a treat!!Special Features:
- Extremely expensive chinesePKDfoodyVIPDined on 3/22/2012Extremely expensive chinese food very upscale, seems to draw the crowds. Portions are not overly large.
- The Peking Duck was delicious.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/20/2012The Peking Duck was delicious. The staff was attentive without being intrusive. It was a wonderful dinner and we will be back.Special Features:
- Great for first timersFeldoDined on 3/17/2012First time and I was very impressed. An upbeat asian find with top quality food and atmosphere.Special Features:
- This is our second time atmichaelVIPDined on 3/17/2012This is our second time at this restaurant, the first one was much better. We are going to hold going there again for a while.
- We expected more, having beenmilouDined on 3/16/2012We expected more, having been to Plilippe Chow in Miami. Interesting place, trendy look. The waiter did a good job and steered us away from less successful dishes. The food was good, far from great.
- This was our second time atRaymondVIPDined on 3/15/2012This was our second time at Phillippe Chow's restaurant in Boca Raton. The first, soon after opening was not enjoyable because the air-conditioning broke down. They now have a new and better system. Our food this time was excellent and most enjoyable. We look forward to a return visit soon.
- The food is hit or miss. SomeucfstevenDined on 3/15/2012The food is hit or miss. Some of our dishes were out of this world others were average at best. The sauce was amazing but at the same time I don't think a dish should need the sauce it should stand on its own. Th e lobster was amazing. The Peking duck did not live up to te hype. It still is nice to get real Chinese food in Boca. The service was subpar at best. Never fill your water barely check in on you, and when the chef finishes carving the duck there was no server there so it just sat there getting cold.Special Features:
- The best at what they do.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/11/2012Philippe Chow is a fantastic find for anyone that loves to try different tastes from around the world. the uniqueness of the food and the way it was prepared was at its best. the service was absolutely the best I have seen in many restaurants. All in all a restaurant to go back to.Special Features:
- We ordered a nice bottle ofneverhomeVIPDined on 3/8/2012We ordered a nice bottle of wine, shrimp spring rolls, excellent, wok fried dumplings, just so so , and Peking duck, which was artfully carved table side and very good. While ordering, we were told that we could have white, brown or fried rice. Imagine our surprise when we were charged $12 for the rice. Could not the same as included! As my husband was drinking coffee, I asked if there was wine left and was told no. Upon leaving and seeing our bottle, there was a glass or more left. Why not pour it for me?
- Boca Raton vs. NYCBobbySandsDined on 3/7/2012I frequent the Phillips in NYC and found the venue in BOCA to be just as good. The ambiance,service, food everything made it a pleasant evening.Special Features: