Philippe Chow - Beverly Hills
8620 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $31 to $50
Philippe Chow - Beverly Hills
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.philippechow.com/
- Phone: 3102893500x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Monday - Sunday: 5:30pm - last reservation at 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Asian, Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Philippe Chow
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Philippe Chow - Beverly Hills
The award-winning Chef Philippe is proud to announce Philippe in Beverly Hills, with doors opening in September 2013. Philippe draws upon his classical culinary training, putting his own spin on traditional Chinese cuisine with results that are modern, flavorful and theatrical. The atmosphere at the restaurant is minimalist and stylish, with a devoted nightly following that makes up a virtual “who’s who” of the entertainment industry.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerChinese
Philippe Chow - Beverly Hills - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
Philippe Chow - Beverly Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.1Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (11)special occasion (8)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (5)fit for foodies (5)romantic (5)hot spot (5)great for lunch (4)neighborhood gem (4)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- would not recommendBernieDined on 9/13/2014Lots of better choices in LA than this overpriced mediocre restaurant.
- Very beautiful restaurantKbgotchipDined on 9/11/2014Great food and a very nice place to celebrate a special occasion. Some of the best wait service that I've ever received. Our waitress gave us many suggestions on the restaurants most popular foods and drinks. As my guests and I sat and conversed, we never felt rushed nor did they bother us while we enjoyed our dinner. Food was brought out at the right temperatures and in a timely fashion. Music played softly in the background and helped to set the mood for a beautiful night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/10/2014We were the only diners in a two hour period. The waiter was kind but did not have the keys to unlock the closet to get sparkling water, he was not a bartender and did his best at making cocktails, it was just a sad experience though the food was exactly what we wanted and not lacking. Where are the diners though?
- Great food and serviceCoolnessDined on 8/27/2014Great food. Excellent service, especially by Jose. Very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab service & drinksShaedaVIPDined on 7/31/2014Excellent service. Fabulous drinks. Food just isn't what it used to be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedcutecdnchickVIPDined on 7/28/2014I've heard about this place for years, and finally went. How dissappointing, the food was just okay and the prices were high. The filet mignon w/broccolli was $30, but it wasn't steak, it was mushed up into a meatball. $30 for a meatball? No thanks. Tasted fine, but totally overrated. Service was great!
- Sunday evening dining experienceluvgoodfoodDined on 7/20/2014Upon arrival, we were greeted and shown to our table immediately. Very friendly staff. The music was playing, but after a while we could not hear it. I don't mind music. Upon ordering, our first choices were not available, disappointing. I also thought is was strange that they do not offer a choice of brown rice, only white. The drinks were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What We ExpectedCC60VIPDined on 7/18/2014Nice looking place from the street and prominent signage. Inside are two long narrow rooms plus a reception area. We were asked if we had any coupons which we did. The waitress, then took out "special menus" for us to select from and seated us at a table in one of the long rooms where tables are tightly near others. We ordered beef satay but didn't trust that they were beef. The waitress kind of warned us that they weren't as good as the chicken ones but I had read a review that said the beef were good so I was willing to try them. So sorry we did. They did not taste like beef!. We chose them because we ordered two chicken entrees and wanted a bit of a change from chicken with our appetizer. Boring food!
- Philippe ChowunpreparedDined on 7/14/2014They were not prepared for us when we arrived five minutes and had to wait in the bar area. They were out of two popular entrees and the draft beer my husband wanted. The steamed write taste like Uncle Ben's and smelled slightly burned,Special Features:
- Beautiful resturant blah foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014I purchased a voucher from travelzoo. They didn't have what I ordered I was a little disappointed about that. So I ordered the filet mignon w/broccoli (which was priced $30). When I received my entree it looked and taste like side dish from Panda Express. It was a small plate worth nothing over $8. Not to mention for out appetizer we ordered the duck spring rolls, we received 3 and that was also way over priced. So basically the voucher menu was way over priced, I believe because the voucher stated the value was worth $107 so they priced everything way high. I feel our entire meal excluding the drinks was realistically worth $25. The food taste and quilty was very average nothing special or at all what I expected. Was very disappointed.
- Had a great timeTaraVIPDined on 7/5/2014Mod decor, great crispy duck, good wine list, wonderful, attentive service. We enjoyed out meal thoroughly.Special Features:
- Marginal at bestKm123Dined on 7/2/2014The waitress, while sweet and attentive, knew little about the taste of menu items or wines. The wine was bad, as though it had been sitting out in the heat. When we pointed that out, they poured another glass from the same bottle, as though that would have made a difference! Ended up with cocktails. They messed up our order, bringing crab soup instead of the crab soup dumplings. Then they brought us pork dumplings. Food was so so and very pricey. The dumplings were $17.95 for 5 dumplings. I've had much better at a Chinese restaurant for 1/3 of the price. With our Travel Zoo voucher, the meal came to $90, $50 for the voucher plus $40 for other menu times ordered. The meal would have cost $140. That's insane for a meal that was so mediocre.
- Service was amazing,music was niceKateDined on 6/27/2014Food was terrible.... Tasted old or bland or something. I ate 1 piece Of shrimp and a spoonful of each dish. layout of restaurant is extremely odd.
- Great duck, but...FoodieVIPDined on 6/15/2014The food was good. Very strange setup. There is a long dining room that is like a side room. The also have a party room. Wasn't very celebratory. The dining room felt like an add on. On the other hand the food was good. Not consistent. The nine seasoned prawns were amazing. The duck was great also. The service was great. If it hadn't been for the service we wouldn't have had a good time. It felt like a rip-off of Mr Chow, not a unique restaurant.
- DecentFoodieDined on 6/4/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday (we're both in our 20s). I care and pay attention to detail and service while dining. Our server were polite and attentive... The music was not what I would expect from an establishment in beverley hills (thank goodness the volume wasn't loud) ... I love the chicken satay there (never dissaponts) ... We had the house Mingon w/ white rice and broccoli (the portions were great for to share between the both of us) ... The Mingon was salty in my option and had a crisp coating on the outside perimeter.. I loved the broccoli sautéed in a garlic sauce. My boyfriend enjoyed his expierience I just thought it was decent. Kevin Durant of OKC Thunder was also dining there that night (fun fact)Special Features:
- Very disappointingCashDined on 5/31/2014Made dinner plans here for my birthday with a few of my lady friends. I had a very high expectations of this place. But was very disappointed when I got there. The hostess didn't seem to know much of anything when I asked her questions. She kept running back-and-forth to the back to ask the manager questions. When we were seated it seemed like we were slightly being rushed to order. When we did place our order it to about 45 minutes just to receive our appetizers. Our waitress didn't seem very eager to please us whatsoever. She never said that our food will be coming out soon. Once it was time to leave I never received a happy birthday or anything. I have been to many restaurants that threat their birthday guess a whole lot better.
- VacantMagnumDined on 5/28/2014We were literally the only people in the building. Food was good and service was great but there was no one else in the restaurant. They probably won't be open too much longer.Special Features:
- The following 33 reviews are from the Philippe Chow - Beverly Hills reviews archive.
- casinobobVIPDined on 5/14/2014The food is very good. There were four of us and we all agreed. All the rest doesn't play a part.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mm5911360VIPDined on 5/11/2014Crab meat dumpling is okay. Three within is barely okay. Crispy duck is not okay. They are not as tasteful as they are supposed to be. Really disappointed especially for the price paid.
- Philippe-What Are They Thinking?ChandavklDined on 5/8/2014Philippe Chow has to have the most weird and bizarre layout of any restaurant I’ve been to, so much that it detracts from any dining experience there may be (and which itself is very limited). When you step through the doors you are confronted by an interior alley (actually more like a back alley) without a rooftop, with the podium on the left, the bar and small dining area on the right. Continuing down the alley there is a mess hall like dining room painted in black and white on the left, and the kitchen door on the right, so as you sit at your table you get a great view of the wait staff coming in and out of the kitchen. At least in daylight, the decor is cheap and belies the expensive prices. Can't figure this place out.
- Overpriced for so so foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/7/2014The service was slow, the food was so so and way overpriced. It was loud. tables too close to each other. We can hear others' conversions.
- restaurant gone badalkantVIPDined on 5/2/2014I have been a diner of Mr. Chow my whole life and a frequent visitor of the past Phillipe. This restaurant has gone downhill. The food and service were both par. The best service was from the busboys. They were very attentive to any needs we had but the waitress did not know the menu.
- great placedeliciousVIPDined on 4/17/2014Philippe was amazing. I had been to the one in Miami and the ambiance was similiar. But I did like the indoor but outdoor feel to it. it was very open and airy which we loved. Came with my son for his 11th birthday. He has the crablegs and I had the shrimp. Overall the food was good and plentiful. We enjoyed our dinner. The staff was attentive and friendly as well.Special Features:
- PhinyphonyDined on 3/29/2014Not enough duck whether from Peking or Azusa. Adequate service, not professional. Simply not good enough. Total place is an adequate with a TZ coupon. Bad at full price.
- Bizarre, Chinese (?!) restaurantMugibooVIPDined on 3/22/2014The decor: weird, red lighting... sparse, white walls. The music: Lil' Wayne (unedited version) - clearly not kid or family-friendly. The food: would maybe be considered above average for a Chinese fast food joint. The clientele: not your typical Beverly Hills crowd. The service: nice but confused waitress who doesn't really know the menu. We only went there because we had a deal we had to use. We would never, ever go back there again... unless they changed the management, the food, and the decor (i.e. basically everything).
- Great dining experience!ImekDined on 3/9/2014Awesome food and great wait staff service! Hostess girl was a little rude(caught her rolling her eyes when asked a question)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not at all worth the costjgertDined on 3/9/2014We got the duck spring rolls, the crispy halibut, and the crispy salmon. It all tasted like it was made at the local fair - just generic fried food. The food was also sparse. When you order crispy salmon, it literally just that: a square block of fried salmon in the center of the plate. The sweet and sour sauce on top of the fish was pretty good but was overpowering. Nothing else could be tasted.
- Not worth itjgoofy21VIPDined on 3/8/2014Overpriced Unable to read the menu, use of Red lights Over cooked food Service sub par
- underwhelmingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2014Went here with a Travel Zoo voucher and wouldn't return for full prices. The $10 house salad looked like the iceberg mix you get in bags at the supermarket. The entrees were decent enough that we wanted to take our leftovers but they didn't box up our extra rice and they put the rice from my used plate in with our shared salad! What?! Our server was odd, server assistants kept trying to take plates we weren't finished with, both were annoying. Lastly, they were playing r&b from the mid-90s...what a weird choice for a supposedly swanky Chinese place. This restaurant felt over priced yet cheap.
- One of the worst experiencesDuloDined on 2/22/2014One of the worst experiences I have ever had. From lack of professionalism to the lack of service. I would never go again in this life to the next.
- went with travelzoo coupon;jzelmVIPDined on 2/20/2014went with travelzoo coupon; most dishes were well prepared (crispy duck, shrimp spring rolls, ribs were excellent); without discount prices are ridiculously high for 1/2 portions. this is chinese-based food strongly influenced by international sensibilities.Special Features:
- Good food and server but......OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/17/2014The food and server was great but the parking was difficult. Also, it was very cold in the restaurant since it is open and covered with a plastic tarp in some areas. There are odd raises and inclines in the restaurant which could cause someone to fall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced Panda ExpressOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Food quality was the same I can find at my Panda Express if I wanted to pay for rubbery chicken.
- Food wasn't amazingmargueriteDined on 2/14/2014I've heard about this place for so long and decided to give it a try. Unfortunately, i wasn't blown away. i had the duck salad, sweet and sour chicken, salt and pepper calamari and some lobster roll. it was just OK. not sure if i'll return :o/Special Features:
- Not recommendedMichelleDined on 2/13/2014Poor service- waited a long time for our food, never got our rice with our dishes and the seating is awkward. Do not recommend...
- we were the only diners thereJRSJAGDined on 2/6/2014we were the only diners there - arrived at 6:30 and left at 8:00 - and no additional diners came - it was a week night the food was fair to good
- Probably the most poorly designedSparkyDined on 2/1/2014Probably the most poorly designed dining room in town. A train car without the scenery.
- Awful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/22/2014While the service in general was great (because there was only us and one other reservation), the food was mediocre at best and there was no valet. We had to park in an unmarked, gravel lot a block away. Even worse than the food was the fact that we were put in a room with a party of 6 that apparently thought they were at a night club. They were so loud we couldn't focus on our conversation. Every other word was a profanity, it was just unacceptable by any standard.Special Features:
- bewaremarwalDined on 1/14/2014This is one of the worst places ive ever been.save your money, nothing about it is worth it.
- The way the tables are set,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/11/2014The way the tables are set, you feel like you are sitting in a hallway. The food was so overpriced. I don't mind spending the money for great food and a nice ambience, but this had neither!