Phil the Fire
3750 Orange Place
Beachwood, OH 44122Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Phil the Fire
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.philthefire.com/
- Phone: 2168313473
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm;
Dinner: Friday: 4:00pm - 12:00am;
Lunch: Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am;
Buffet: Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Joe Mack
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Live music is a part of our DNA at Phil the Fire. Every Friday and Saturday evening, beginning at 9 PM, we showcase Jazz, Blues, and R&B music from some of the best musicians, vocalists, and bands in the greater Cleveland area.
A word from Phil the Fire
At Phil the Fire, although we are known for serving award-winning comfort food for the soul, we actually serve memories. People regularly drive from 60 miles away to enjoy our homemade fried chicken and waffles, catfish and grits, collard greens, cornbread, mac 'n cheese, black-eye peas, red beans and rice, and our from-scratch desserts including double-butter peach and apple cobblers, sweet potato pie, pecan pie, sweet potato pecan pie, and Red Velvet Cake. For a lot of our guests, our food reminds them of the food they ate as a child or of the food they currently serve their children or of the food they eat at family gatherings around the holidays or at a reunion. Some guests even ask if we have their grandmother working in our kitchen. For the rest of our guests they leave Phil the Fire with a smile on their face and with memories of a great dining experience and the taste of some of the best food they have ever had.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Phil the Fire reviews from OpenTable diners
- I LOVE THIS PLACE PHIL THEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/30/2012I LOVE THIS PLACE PHIL THE FIRE AND THIS IS GOING TO BE MY FAVORITE SPOT AND I WILL TELL EVERYONE ABOUT IT AND I WANT TO GET AROUND TO ALL OF THE MENU JUST LOVE ITSpecial Features:
- Our food was good our waitressin2movyzDined on 9/29/2012Our food was good our waitress was good. The kitchen had some issues. We had a reservation but they couldn't seat us for about 30 minutes because the kitchen was backed up. When we did finally sit, the were out of several things. Some meals were great others so so. Kitchen needs some work. They did take care of us with a large discount on our bill. Which I think was fair. For that reason I would go back and try again and just see if it was an off night.
- My husband and I loved theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/2012My husband and I loved the chicken and waffles! The service was very good and we would come back again.Special Features:
- The food was good, but afterOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/23/2012The food was good, but after a while we had to look for our server, requested items we never got. The we were there two hours and 40 20 minutes, which made me late for another engagement.Special Features:
- Went for sunday brunch buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2012Went for sunday brunch buffet as advertised. Was informed that in stopped 3 weeks ago. Oh, well. Server Tony, was good. Food was very good but slow out of the kitchen. Will use take out instead in the future to enjoy the restaurant's strength. And by pass its weakness.
- I was greeted with huge smilesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/11/2012I was greeted with huge smiles and hello's when I walked in, making me feel so welcome. Our server was extremely friendly and helpful. I'm a vegetarian, so it was harder for me to select, but the server explained each item to ensure I didn't order something cooked with a meat product. My friend was most excited about the fried green tomatoes. They didn't have any prepped so she ordered the soul rolls instead. She was disappointed, BUT they made her a batch of the tomatoes as a surprise, on the house! She loved the soul rolls too. The mac n' cheese was amazing, as was my mojito. I will return!Special Features:
- Has potential but failing miserablyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2012The restaurant advertised a Sunday buffet. They don't have one. There was not a large crowd there and it took over an hour to bring our food in stages....still never got our muffins. I will not return.Special Features:
- Food good, but too long to get itOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2012Food was good a bit pricey. Menu could have more options. Sat for 20 minutes before someone came to take our order. Appetizer came in a timely manner, but took 50 minutes to get our main entree for 4 people. Too long of a wait. Some customers left before receiving their food.Special Features:
- We had a terrible experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/8/2012We had a terrible experience. We waited for over an hour for our food after being told it was coming right out. We were about to leave. Other parties we talked to had been waiting even longer than we had--2 hours.
- Not professionalOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/2/2012Not enough wait staff for amount of tables. You have to wait 30 minutes whether you have a reservation or not. Our waitress wasn't nice. Took over an hour from the time we arrived before we received our meal. Nice decor, food was good but NOT a professional place. Too bad because it has such potential if the owner would change a few things, beginning with the reception area utilizing the two extra people that were standing around.Special Features:
- The food was good but overpriced.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/2/2012The food was good but overpriced. The kitchen and wait staff were very slow. We waited 20 minutes for a server and 20 more for our drinks. We were there for a total of 2.5 hrs because everything took so long.
- DissatisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012Our bill was extremely high and I called the manager and left a message to see if the tip had already been added since we left the server a $40 tip. He never bothered to call me back. There were 6 of us, 4 of which had excellent meals. However, two people split the "surf and turf" which was overpriced and very lacking . The steak was supposedly a 14 oz rib-eye. It was small, thin and tough. It certainly was not worth $43 dollars. We probably will not be back.
- Our service was horrible.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/1/2012Our service was horrible. We have to wait over an hour for our food and you would have thought the kitchen was clear across the restaurant because of how long our server took. Come to find out we were right next to the kitchen! Very slow service. Not to add we were charged gratuity that we would not have paid because of such horrible service!
- Can't wait to come back!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2012We had an amazing time at Phil the Fire! The food was WONDERFUL, the music was excellent and the service was good as well!!! We can't wait to go back!!! They have the BEST mac and cheese I've EVER had!!!!!!Special Features:
- Food was tasty,just NOT plentifulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2012Food was tasty,just NOT plentiful for a buffet.We really wanted a chicken thigh or breast, they NEVER came out. We also wanted greens, we were told 15 minutes. An hour later still no greens, they NEVER came out either. It's a shame because Phil is a GREAT guy and we have always wished him the best. Seems no matter where he is located, he is plagued by BAD service.
- There was several items thatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012There was several items that was out of stock angus burgers, chicken thighs and a few others. The food was good but, not as great as all the hype I herd. The pie was overcooked. The waitress seemed overwhelmed at times. The chicken wings were not well seasoned at all. Another guest in my party ordered virgin daiquiri and they were watered down according to them. Them sides wwere great!
- Learn how to order supplies!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2012Must not know how to order supplies. They were out of fish and all drinks. only had coke and diet coke and thoes tasted awful. Employees were very nice. But expected a fully stocked resturant on a Friday night. Needs new management.Special Features:
- Went here to try the chickenFoodT30Dined on 8/22/2012Went here to try the chicken an waffles. The chicken was good but wasn't impressed by the rest of my dish or my appetizer which was the chicken rolls. For th price it wasn't worth it. You get better chicken and waffles at The South Side. I wishbi had tried some of the other traditional soul food dishes the people around us had, it looked good. Our server was quick and polite. Overall I would say it was just okay, when asked where I wanna go it wouldn't be my top pick.
- We had the worst meal andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2012We had the worst meal and service we have ever had dining out. We will never return to Phil the Fire again.
- Food was tasty, but not enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2012Food was tasty, but not enough healthful choices for me. Decor is average, nothing special at all. Service poor. If you want to gorge on fried chicken, mac and cheese and desserts, I would say go for it, but otherwise there are places with better food and ambience.
- Please advise the chef thatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/19/2012Please advise the chef that consideration of the amount of salt and seasoning used in the preparation of the greens and beans should always be a factor due to the health issue of high blood pressure when consuming this style of foodSpecial Features:
- Chicken and Waffles--bestOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/18/2012Chicken and Waffles--best I've ever had!! In the past, service had been slow, but this time, it was excellent.
- Great Food, Horrible Waiter.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/18/2012I'm a frequenter of this establishment. Unfortunately, this visit I had to give a rating of 3 due to our server, Arthur. He was an awful waiter. When I mentioned that it was my mother's birthday, he didn't even say "Happy Birthday." He would check to see how we were doing 3 times in 15 minutes (to ensure that he'd receive a tip) and the disappear for 45 minutes straight. Then when I complained about my drink and asked that they remove triple sec the next time, he got an attitude. I hope he's not there the next time I visit. The food was great as always and the band was good too.Special Features:
- The food was very good andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2012The food was very good and the service was also very good. I would not recommend bringing young children (not conducive for small children). It was worth the wait for our food because it came to us hot and ready to eat.
- will NEVER eat there again!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2012I will never eat at Phil the fire again! The service was Awful, the food was nasty! I have warned all my friends not to go to Phil the fire!
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MEEEEEE!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2012THE SERVICE WAS OUTSTANDING, ARTHUR WAS SOO PROFESSIONAL! IT WAS TRULY A DELIGHT TO BE SERVED BY HIM. THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS AND VERY FILLING! WE WILL BE BACK!Special Features:
- This place was excellent forFoodieVIPDined on 8/12/2012This place was excellent for Sunday Brunch, too bad its now closed.
- GREAT food...fair serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/11/2012Food was amazing! My husband and I both had the chicken and waffles. Even though our service was not very good, we would definitely go again for the food alone. We had ordered an appetizer, which we never received. We asked for refills on our beverages at least 5 times and never received even one refill. The kids meal was huge for kids. They initially forgot the french fries with the kids meal and ending up bringing a huge serving of fries that we all ended up sharing (also delicious!). The menu said ice cream was included with the kids meal, which we also never received.
- The wait was horrible. WeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2012The wait was horrible. We were seated but had to wait 30 minutes to have our order taken. The waitress was nice though.
- The food is good. The serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/5/2012The food is good. The service is a bit slow(not just the amount of time for the food to come out, the attentiveness of the waitstaff is just not great).Special Features:
- Phil the Fire has a nice atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2012Phil the Fire has a nice atmosphere. Soul food is their speciality. The Sunday all-you-can-eat buffet is tasty but full of calories, fat, carbs, salt, and very few choices for the health-conscious. One platter of fresh fruit, and one bowl of salad were available. Last week we went there and waited over an hour to be seated in the half-empty restaurant. We overheard the host telling a waiter that they ran out of food 2 hours before the buffet was scheduled to end. When I asked about it a woman came out to the packed lobby of waiting guests and told us that the dishwasher was broken so they could not seat guests. Patrons leaving the dining area complained that they were out of food. When we ate this Sunday at 2 p.m. our plates had residue.Special Features:
- The food at Phil the fireOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2012The food at Phil the fire was good and tasty but your prices are tooo expensive. I had the coupon which was a ripe off because I had to spend more money on top of thre coupon. I was not happy about that. You should have made the fine print bigger and stop ripping off the public with your coupons.
- Most of the food was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2012Most of the food was very salty. There was a delay in being seated, because the dishwashing machine had broken down, they did compensate us for that. It was my mothers 94 birthday we were celebrating, but there was no mention of this by the staff, even though I put that information on the reservation card. The air condition was on high, so that the comfort level was very chilly.
- The food was delicious, butreviewer29VIPDined on 7/29/2012The food was delicious, but the restaurant was so poorly run it ruined the entire experience. It took us 20 minutes to get seated even though we had a reservation. The server was great, but they didn't have half the food they feature on their menu for brunch. Finally almost an hour after our reservation time, they put the food out on the buffet. Once the food ran out, they didn't replenish it. They were out of bacon and it took them an hour to bring out more. They never brought out more biscuits. When I went up to get the lunch good, they only had collared greens and Mac and cheese. There was no chicken or seafood left. They never had the carving station out, nor the omelet bar, or the cobbler dessert.
- We had reservations for 6:30PMOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2012We had reservations for 6:30PM and we were not seated until after 7:15PM. The food was good but they ran out of shrimp, soul rolls, and it was an hour wait for the rotisserie chicken. They were very apologetic and gave us a nice discount on the bill for our trouble. We were a large group and I don't think they are equipped to handle large parties. We only had one server and she was running around doing everything, she really needed someone to help her. This is a nice place for 2-4 diners the people are friendly but they don't know how to work with large groups.
- The prices were inflated !OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2012The prices were inflated ! The service was very slow ! It took over 45 minutes for our food to come out . Thank goodness the food was good ! I would only go back if I had another coupon .
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2012This was my 3rd time at Phil the Fire and i took my two daughters who are home from college for a "girls nite out". We had a blast! The food was AWESOME, our waiter Donald was great and the atmosphere rocked. It was well worth the 45 minute drive to get there. We will definitely be back!
- I was somewhat disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/27/2012I was somewhat disappointed with the overall experience. I had anticipated dining at the restaurant, but found that the first three items I tried to order (including the beer I wanted) were either "86'd" or not available. This was very upsetting. In addition, the server, Sam, while very personable didn't seem to know the menu very well.I loved the online reservation capability!
- First time visit to Phil theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2012First time visit to Phil the Fire and we will definitely return. Our server was Adrienne and she was amazing. Very infomative and suggested items to try and very personable. Next time we go back will ask for her section. Quite enjoyable dinner. Cons were that side dishes we a little pricey for what was received. Though side dishes should contain a little more for the price.Special Features:
- Chicken and Waffles--delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2012This is the second time I have gone there. The concept is excellent, but the food is oversalted and the service needs a major overhaul. I hope for the best for this place. Management need only step up and train their staff. They are very nice, but lack finesse. The chicken and waffles was great!