Phil Stefani's 437 Rush
437 N Rush
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Phil Stefani's 437 Rush
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.philstefanis437rush.com/
- Phone: 3122220101x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday-Friday: 11:00am-4:00pm Dinner Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm-10:00pm Dinner Friday-Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Christian Fantoni
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Our off-premise catering staff has a wealth of experience in customizing all types of events from black-tie galas to fun family picnics and everything in between.
A word from Phil Stefani's 437 Rush
Phil Stefani’s 437 Rush is the ultimate downtown contemporary Italian steakhouse. Located just steps off Michigan Avenue, at the corner of Rush and Hubbard, executive chef Christian Fantoni creates the most artistic and delicious dishes in the city; from mouth-watering seafood and steaks, to fabulous risottos and pastas. The lounge is the perfect place to unwind with a cool martini or one of the daily drink specials. Phil Stefani’s 437 Rush—where everyone feels like a regular!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Phil Stefani's 437 Rush reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (36)fit for foodies (32)good for groups (30)special occasion (26)romantic (19)notable wine list (18)great for outdoor dining (14)great for lunch (12)hot spot (11)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (9)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Old Time Chicagopcsk8VIPDined on 10/21/2014This steak house appears to be good for groups that in turn makes it very noisy. The food is good, but not exciting. The decor could use some updating. Our waiter was sometimes hard to attract. Management seemed to be interested in the customer.Special Features:
- Mashed potato heavenMashedpotatofanDined on 10/18/2014We were here the first time for a wedding reception upstairs and tried the amazing food. Came back to celebrate our anniversary and the food was spectacular. Only complaint was that the bar area has tall tables and our waitress was short and barely reached. Also there were food runners that would put the food on short stands and leave. The wait staff took longer to meet the food at the table and people would walk around the food trays and it was gross having other people maneuver around your food on a low tray as you wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serviceZusmanVIPDined on 10/18/2014It's so unfortunate that the service was so atrocious because the food was delicious - what we actually received. We were a party of eight seated in the bar - which was quite noisy. We had ordered 4 salads and 1 appetizer of which only 2 salads arrived and 1 with no dressing. We asked 5 times for the dressing and the missing salad but never received either. We repeatedly asked for more bread, which never arrived as well. Drinks from the bar however were plentiful and our server was very busy serving drinks to other tables. We were not ignored by her but we never received everything we ordered or asked for. Would not return again.Special Features:
- Good first impressionMpark70Dined on 10/18/2014Nice value and accommodating staff. Only complaint was asking for a quiet table and getting seated to a very rambunctious group. Tiramisu was heavenly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerCattyDined on 10/13/2014Beautiful neighborhood restaurant just steps from busy Michigan Ave. Had a wonderful birthday dinner-food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT DINNERGramstefDined on 10/11/2014My only complaint was that it was a bit loud....tables were pretty close. This is my 3rd time visiting Phil Stefani's and the food was perfect. My husband and I both had the petite filet and they were both EXCELLECT, prepared to perfection. Twice baked potato was shared and wonderful. The service was outstanding. Great experience again!!
- Terrific & varied menu selectionChicagoPassionDined on 10/10/2014This restaurant is a great place for Chicago visitors - the menu offerings allow for budget flexibility without sacrifice of quality. The location off hubbard is near many clubs and city activities. The service is always good. The staff always welcoming and friendly. I do miss the bar mural and white tablecloths but the chef never disappoints us. It is one of our favorite places in the city. Do not recommend for children under 10 unless they know how to act responsibly in a restaurant. Go for the special fish or risotto of the day. Or try the Veal Chop or the Chateaubriand - for downtown Chicago, an excellent value.Special Features:
- solid but loudjjbroDined on 10/6/2014This restaurant had professional wait staff, a nice diverse menu, well executed. I was there on a business meal and the noise was such that it was hard to hear in the cacophony.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in ChicagolivingiteachdayVIPDined on 9/20/2014Been here many times and was never disappointed. There is so much I could write about this place, but you have to experience yourself. Food is world class from a world class cook.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago is known for steakMaryVIPDined on 9/20/2014This steak house tucked underneath Michigan Avenue is a great traditional Italian Steak House. Delicious antipasto, excellent wait staff, fabulous steaks. I definitely will return. Since I come from a seafood state, it is nice to see a Chicago restaurant which specializes in their regional cuisine.Special Features:
- diningjsndiDined on 9/19/2014Great food. Bread was good. Did not enjoy the flat bread severed. Hard and chewy. Charged alot for the steak but nothing comes with it. Wife didn't order the steak for that reason. Wife enjoyed the reviolli. I got the salmon. I think out of all the places I have gone it was the best one I've had. Especially enjoyed the slight crisp to itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ferrari Red Prosciutto Slicerdmlehman6Dined on 9/16/2014Second visit to this wonderful Italian dining spot. It's not your typical menu. The amusing headline references the vintage meat slicer they showcase (and it really is Ferrari red - coming from a similar location in Italy, so we were told) when they seated our party. We ordered the antipasti for party of 8 to sample the prosciutto and other delectable meats, nutty fresh parmagian, and best tasting olives ever! Then I had to order the short-rib stuffed ravioli with morel mushrooms. Heaven. They also specialize in steaks - of which they have several sizes. Members of our party all seemed to enjoy theirs. The reason I did not give a 5 star rating is for the portions and sides. Most dishes are ala carte. Sides are 'family style'. Wasteful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dbl DdapperDined on 9/13/2014We just celebrated my older brother's 70th birthday with a wonderful experience here. Great food, service and ambiance, plus Allesandro sang a special song for our table as well. This has become our favorite place to dine in downtown Chicago, especially when my brother comes into town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Good as EvermmdytchDined on 9/12/2014We love Phil Stefani's 437 Rush for great steaks, pasta dishes, and their wonderful fish soup, which they used to call Zuppa de Pesce, and was never on the menu - you had to call and see if they were doing it that day. Now the same soup is on the newly revamped menu as Cacciucco, and it's just as great, brimming with pristinely fresh seafood. Service is friendly and everyone is helpful. I just wish their beverage side was better. Drinks were somewhat watery, and the wines by the glass were unremarkable. The great food deserves better.Special Features:
- Favorite in ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/12/2014This is my favorite restaurant in Chicago. I always have a great meal, and I feel like a valued guest list while there. It has some of the best Italian food in Chicago, and the steaks are well-prepared also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat and veggies lovers unitesweetgumboladyDined on 9/6/2014We enjoyed a delicious dry aged steak and a fresh, multidimensional primavera. A wonderful evening. The demolition across the street added nothing to our experience, however, we would definitely return. Excellent server.Special Features:
- It's all newThptrekVIPDined on 9/5/2014If you have not been here since May, then you have never been here. In the past it was a Frank Sinatra old world type of steakhouse. The food was dependable but nothing special. When we visited this Sept. we thought we walked into the wrong place. It has been totally transformed with a sleek modern feel but warm. They have a new young chef that has brought a great selection of new entrees. You can still get a great steak but many other options will tempt you. The antipasto meat selection was great and the hand sliced meats were great. The branzino was superb with a great basil seafood broth. The bar area is really cool with lots of great vibes. Give this new updated place a try, you will love it.Special Features:
- Lovely placezsph3r3Dined on 9/4/2014Great place for food and wine. The service was fast and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!BdayboyDined on 8/30/2014Food was delicious! We ordered steaks and they were cooked to perfection! Very comfortable environment, not pretentious, great place, and staff was friendly, and knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining downtown ChicagoRobyDined on 8/30/2014Visiting Chicago, my wife and I had the opportunity to pass by this restaurant and decided to try it, was so good that two Days later repeated the experience and had an amazing Chateaubriant. In both occasions the service had been very professional. Absolutely racommandabile.Special Features:
- Good service but food is underpartoplDined on 8/25/2014I can't speak for the steaks since I've only tried the pasta and lambchops, but the pastas weren't very good. The lambchops were delicious, but the portion was small. The sides are very rich and heavy (we had mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, and asparagus). On a more positive note, service was EXCELLENT!
- we were made to feel "at home"eclmomDined on 8/23/2014This was our first time at this restaurant. We come to Chicago often to visit our daughter. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful seafood selection!HeyCath60601Dined on 8/19/2014Even though they tout themselves as more of a steakhouse / Italian restaurant, they have wonderful seafood. I had the Chilian Sea Bass. It was served with perfect lemon sauce and died of broccoli. My date had the salmon with a sauce on the side. Both dishes were fresh and outstanding. We did order a side of pasta to try the sauce and it was very tasty. Lobster bisque soup was one of best I have had in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice date restaurantDenverDaveVIPDined on 8/16/2014Quiet restaurant with really colorful, personable servers. Food was excellent. On the expensive side, but overall a nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing times wonderfulMikeOnerDined on 8/14/2014From the moment we walked in the staff treated us with welcoming arms. Everyone from the host(ess) to the bussers were extremly friendly. Fulvio our server was highly knowledgeable about every question we asked and the food was AMAZING! I had the Kansas cut and my pops had the Polletto(Cornish Hen). Wonderful wonderful wonderful, and I've already recommended the place to 4 of my closest friends. I'm definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Work GroupMklanDined on 8/14/2014I have never had more comments on a great restaurant pick! This was the perfect place for our work dinner to entertain customers. All of the staff was so friendly and accommodating, and the food was absolutely amazing. Out of 11 people, not a single person had a complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No more singing??? WHY???captvickeyDined on 8/11/2014I travel for a living and this is one of my favorite restaurants in the world...or was! I was in Chicago last week and had dinner and lunch here. Who had the bright idea to silence Alessandro the wonderful singing maître d'??? No more Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Dean Martin? The food was AMAZING as usual but the ambiance is lacking without Alessandro's voice. No more white linen table cloths either? I have sent so many people to this restaurant because of the atmosphere of a bygone era. Without him, you are just another good restaurant in Chicago, but your magic is gone!!!Special Features:
- fantastic as alwaysscrowDined on 8/7/2014Well for one thing, even though we only eat there twice a year or so, the waiter not only recognized us, but rattled off the last three times he'd served us and whether we'd had other diners with us, what time of year it was, and where we'd been sitting ( also- these were not all the most recent dines there, as we'd been seated in other server's areas at least twice in the past couple years). The food is wonderful, and while I don't consider myself a "serious" wine aficionado, I've been able to do to quite well from their offerings.Special Features:
- Outstanding MealCkwessDined on 7/28/2014We arrived in Chicago very tired and hungry. The cabbie got lost on the way not more than 5 minutes from our hotel. We both had the Lake Superior whitefish that we had never had before. The fish was baked besutifully and was piping hot when served. The accompanying broccoli was also perfectly cooked. We ordered the creamed spinach side which was enough for at least 4 people and was served very hot with mushrooms. Overall an outstanding meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost some ambience?IndianaMAMDined on 7/23/2014Love this restaurant...the food and service are outstanding. However, they have redecorated since we were there last. I looks very nice...very cosmopolitan...but we felt it lost some of its "old Chicago" charm. We liked it more when it had that "old steakhouse" feel. But it's still a great place to go.Special Features:
- Love this Steakhouse.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Went for my Birthday, and it was a greatest present to myself. I am a big fan of Steak-I have a reserved seat at famous steakhouses in NY-its great to know that I can add this steakhouse to my list of favorites. When craving a great steak, this is the place. In a heartbeat i will be going back to eat steak there again.Thank you for making my birthday really special.Special Features:
- The anipasti was amazing!!Nort72Dined on 7/19/2014All the food was outstanding. I will be back to 437 soon. The service was as well outstanding.The sea salted caramel cake for dessert was decadent and very moist!!Thanks for a great experience!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticHoneyBunnyDined on 7/16/2014I had eaten here before but my husband had not. Miguel our waiter was top notch all the way. The appetizer (pancetta) and meal (we each had steaks) were out of this world.Special Features:
- Somewhat Disappointing DinnerGreeneDined on 7/9/2014We had received rave reviews about this restaurant. Our waiter was very attentive and overall, we enjoyed the evening. While my Chilean sea bass was delicious, my wife's filet mignon was overcooked and the quality of the meat fell well short of our expectations. It was tough. Frankly, I can go to our local grocery store and purchase a filet to grill at home which is ten times better than the filet my wife had. Overall, the menu looked outstanding, and while we may go back, we won't be ordering a steak!Special Features:
- Great hidden gemmmkchicagoVIPDined on 7/5/2014I still don't understand why this place isn't busier. The food is awesome (prime steaks!!), the service is great and the atmosphere is very comfortable. I guess that is good for us as we can get a reservation last minute.
- Great first time experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our visit. The Fritto Misto was exceptional and we loved the homemade tartar sauce. Seeing the cuts of meat was also a great approach. My husband selected the Kansas City Strip after seeing it and not ever hearing of a cut like that before, tried it and ate like a king. The lobster was a perfect portion (8oz.) and cooked perfectly. The side dishes were ample and delicious, timing of food service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Marina is the bestSunshineBobbyDined on 6/27/2014Phil Stefani's is my favorite restaurant in Chicago. We've been there several times and have never been disappointed. I always order the $57 bone-in prime rib steak and it's lovely. Wife eats lighter and had a very nice piece of broiled fish. They accommodate both tastes, heavy eater and lighter. This trip was especially lovely because of Marina, a really competent and observant server who made sure everything was perfect. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great food/staffOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/27/2014We were very well fed and treated for my friend's birthday dinner. The waitstaff was friendly, prompt and attentive; the host, Alessandro, went the extra mile, as well.Special Features:
- exceptionalemutimDined on 6/27/2014Alessandro and his staff are simply the best. The new antipasto bar is really cool. This place is a must for me everytime I am in Chicago!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 840 reviews are from the Phil Stefani's 437 Rush reviews archive.
- Still GreatJohnVIPDined on 6/23/2014This is our favorite restaurant in Chicago and it has never disappointed us. Our recent visit was perhaps our best. All four diners had an outstanding experience. It's great to see that 437 Rush is still going strong!Special Features: