Phil Stefani's 437 Rush
437 N Rush
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Phil Stefani's 437 Rush
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.philstefanis437rush.com/
- Phone: (312) 222-0101
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday-Friday: 11:00am-4:00pm Dinner Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm-10:00pm Dinner Friday-Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Christian Fantoni
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Our off-premise catering staff has a wealth of experience in customizing all types of events from black-tie galas to fun family picnics and everything in between.
A word from Phil Stefani's 437 Rush
Phil Stefani’s 437 Rush is the ultimate downtown contemporary Italian steakhouse. Located just steps off Michigan Avenue, at the corner of Rush and Hubbard, executive chef Christian Fantoni creates the most artistic and delicious dishes in the city; from mouth-watering seafood and steaks, to fabulous risottos and pastas. The lounge is the perfect place to unwind with a cool martini or one of the daily drink specials. Phil Stefani’s 437 Rush—where everyone feels like a regular!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Phil Stefani's 437 Rush reviews from OpenTable diners
96 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (39)fit for foodies (37)neighborhood gem (36)special occasion (27)notable wine list (20)romantic (16)vibrant bar scene (15)great for lunch (12)great for outdoor dining (10)hot spot (10)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- 437 was the food highlight for our entire trip!PerfectDined on 11/15/2014We really enjoyed everything, from the manager greeting us and being very personable to the wait staff who were very attentive to details. The fritto was the best fried calamari I've had in a long time, and the Caesar salad dressing was obviously house made and delicious. I had the whitefish and he had the rib eye, both were cooked perfectly and seasoned well. The atmosphere was very nice for us 2, but I could see a group enjoying it as well. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommended by a localTomGDined on 11/14/2014Phil Stefani's 437 Rush was recommended to my by a local Chicago resident who I know to be very knowledgeable about good food and wine from past dining experiences with him. He recommended this restaurant as a local favorite that would be a great experience of a true, local Chicago steak house without being touristy. He was spot on. The restaurant has Italian influences and a very nice wine list. My wife enjoyed a wonderful lamb chop and I had a medley of tuna, Chilean sea bass and lobster. It was all fantastic. We didn't try the steaks, but some of our neighboring diners did. A unique feature of this restaurant is that the server brings out a selection of steaks for you to pick from before it is cooked. Our server was very knowledgable and attentive throughout the evening. Her friendliness added a nice touch to our dining experience. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would not suggest this place to anyone.PorkloinDined on 11/13/2014I love fine dining, but Phil stefanis was chilis level food at three times the price. There was nothing special or outstanding of the 40$ entrees. Will not be visiting again.
- Great lunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/10/2014The food was very well prepared. The staff was attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServicesimplylavishDined on 11/8/2014My evening started with a really warm greeting from the host. The waiter was very pleasant. The food was enjoyable...the chocolate cake was awesome, and the rum raisin gelato was great!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2014Tomahawk was tremendous, lobster tail was pretty good but probably better steamed than broiled, and double baked potato was delicious. Server recommendations and service were great. Ambiance is kind of bland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad at allOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/4/2014Food was pretty good. Large steaks and the anitpasta apps were great. Service was great until we got too desert. Our server seemed to disappear after the main course and deserts ordered. We waited about 20-25 minutes until we asked another waiter to check on us. Manager offered free shots but should have offered free deserts. All in all though pretty good the first time around.
- Wonderful Old School ......HappyJackDined on 11/3/2014Italian gem of a restaurant. Wasn't in the mood for anything over the top .......... just desired some pasta. Had an appetizer of carved meat sampler which was delightful followed by Lobster Bisque soup and beef short rib filled Ravioli. Everything was terrific. Wish I had more time in Chicago as I would have eaten here every night. Heard the Steaks and the Fish are fantastic.Special Features:
- Ron From CTRonFromCTDined on 11/3/2014Food was very good .. presentation lacking but solid taste and quality. Service was slow and not very attentive. Decent value!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Client lunchlunchbunchDined on 11/3/2014This was a great restaurant for hosting a client lunch. Great food and exceptional service. Will definitely be coming back!Special Features:
- DisappointedChicagoDined on 11/1/2014The restaurant we wanted to go to was booked. We wanted a good steak, googled and found this restaurant near our hotel. Fish was very good. Steak, was good. Food was overpriced. Veggies were bland. Tables too close to the next-side by side. I felt like we were with the other table. I don't like how we could hear each other's conversations so easily. Uncomfortable and overpriced. Food not so great.Special Features:
- Loved my experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014Food and service was great. Nice bar area too - very comfortable. Ismet (GM/Host) was very welcoming and gracious.Special Features:
- Great chow, fantastic service.MylesVIPDined on 10/24/2014Haven't had a bad meal here. The new bar looks fantastic. GREAT atmosphere and wonderful friendly service. Thanks a bunch.Special Features:
- Italian meets steak houseKandKDined on 10/24/2014Modern decor, friendly staff and reasonably acceptable noise level given the crowd. The menu has some great choices although the overall menu is somewhat limited. Mostly upscale italian fare, but a nice selection of prime aged steak to chose from. Service was great, food quality was very good. We would definitely return and they participate in open table, making reservations a snap.Special Features:
- Old Time Chicagopcsk8VIPDined on 10/21/2014This steak house appears to be good for groups that in turn makes it very noisy. The food is good, but not exciting. The decor could use some updating. Our waiter was sometimes hard to attract. Management seemed to be interested in the customer.Special Features:
- Mashed potato heavenMashedpotatofanDined on 10/18/2014We were here the first time for a wedding reception upstairs and tried the amazing food. Came back to celebrate our anniversary and the food was spectacular. Only complaint was that the bar area has tall tables and our waitress was short and barely reached. Also there were food runners that would put the food on short stands and leave. The wait staff took longer to meet the food at the table and people would walk around the food trays and it was gross having other people maneuver around your food on a low tray as you wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible serviceZusmanVIPDined on 10/18/2014It's so unfortunate that the service was so atrocious because the food was delicious - what we actually received. We were a party of eight seated in the bar - which was quite noisy. We had ordered 4 salads and 1 appetizer of which only 2 salads arrived and 1 with no dressing. We asked 5 times for the dressing and the missing salad but never received either. We repeatedly asked for more bread, which never arrived as well. Drinks from the bar however were plentiful and our server was very busy serving drinks to other tables. We were not ignored by her but we never received everything we ordered or asked for. Would not return again.Special Features:
- Good first impressionMpark70Dined on 10/18/2014Nice value and accommodating staff. Only complaint was asking for a quiet table and getting seated to a very rambunctious group. Tiramisu was heavenly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerCattyDined on 10/13/2014Beautiful neighborhood restaurant just steps from busy Michigan Ave. Had a wonderful birthday dinner-food was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diner before MarathonmarathonparticipantDined on 10/11/2014quantities were a bit small to my point of view for the usuql US standard (Always big plates) but the quality of the pasta was wonderful. Good location and excelent service Will come back and recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT DINNERGramstefDined on 10/11/2014My only complaint was that it was a bit loud....tables were pretty close. This is my 3rd time visiting Phil Stefani's and the food was perfect. My husband and I both had the petite filet and they were both EXCELLECT, prepared to perfection. Twice baked potato was shared and wonderful. The service was outstanding. Great experience again!!
- Terrific & varied menu selectionChicagoPassionDined on 10/10/2014This restaurant is a great place for Chicago visitors - the menu offerings allow for budget flexibility without sacrifice of quality. The location off hubbard is near many clubs and city activities. The service is always good. The staff always welcoming and friendly. I do miss the bar mural and white tablecloths but the chef never disappoints us. It is one of our favorite places in the city. Do not recommend for children under 10 unless they know how to act responsibly in a restaurant. Go for the special fish or risotto of the day. Or try the Veal Chop or the Chateaubriand - for downtown Chicago, an excellent value.Special Features:
- solid but loudjjbroDined on 10/6/2014This restaurant had professional wait staff, a nice diverse menu, well executed. I was there on a business meal and the noise was such that it was hard to hear in the cacophony.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in ChicagolivingiteachdayVIPDined on 9/20/2014Been here many times and was never disappointed. There is so much I could write about this place, but you have to experience yourself. Food is world class from a world class cook.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicago is known for steakMaryVIPDined on 9/20/2014This steak house tucked underneath Michigan Avenue is a great traditional Italian Steak House. Delicious antipasto, excellent wait staff, fabulous steaks. I definitely will return. Since I come from a seafood state, it is nice to see a Chicago restaurant which specializes in their regional cuisine.Special Features:
- diningjsndiDined on 9/19/2014Great food. Bread was good. Did not enjoy the flat bread severed. Hard and chewy. Charged alot for the steak but nothing comes with it. Wife didn't order the steak for that reason. Wife enjoyed the reviolli. I got the salmon. I think out of all the places I have gone it was the best one I've had. Especially enjoyed the slight crisp to itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ferrari Red Prosciutto Slicerdmlehman6VIPDined on 9/16/2014Second visit to this wonderful Italian dining spot. It's not your typical menu. The amusing headline references the vintage meat slicer they showcase (and it really is Ferrari red - coming from a similar location in Italy, so we were told) when they seated our party. We ordered the antipasti for party of 8 to sample the prosciutto and other delectable meats, nutty fresh parmagian, and best tasting olives ever! Then I had to order the short-rib stuffed ravioli with morel mushrooms. Heaven. They also specialize in steaks - of which they have several sizes. Members of our party all seemed to enjoy theirs. The reason I did not give a 5 star rating is for the portions and sides. Most dishes are ala carte. Sides are 'family style'. Wasteful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dbl DdapperDined on 9/13/2014We just celebrated my older brother's 70th birthday with a wonderful experience here. Great food, service and ambiance, plus Allesandro sang a special song for our table as well. This has become our favorite place to dine in downtown Chicago, especially when my brother comes into town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Good as EvermmdytchDined on 9/12/2014We love Phil Stefani's 437 Rush for great steaks, pasta dishes, and their wonderful fish soup, which they used to call Zuppa de Pesce, and was never on the menu - you had to call and see if they were doing it that day. Now the same soup is on the newly revamped menu as Cacciucco, and it's just as great, brimming with pristinely fresh seafood. Service is friendly and everyone is helpful. I just wish their beverage side was better. Drinks were somewhat watery, and the wines by the glass were unremarkable. The great food deserves better.Special Features:
- Favorite in ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/12/2014This is my favorite restaurant in Chicago. I always have a great meal, and I feel like a valued guest list while there. It has some of the best Italian food in Chicago, and the steaks are well-prepared also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat and veggies lovers unitesweetgumboladyDined on 9/6/2014We enjoyed a delicious dry aged steak and a fresh, multidimensional primavera. A wonderful evening. The demolition across the street added nothing to our experience, however, we would definitely return. Excellent server.Special Features:
- It's all newThptrekVIPDined on 9/5/2014If you have not been here since May, then you have never been here. In the past it was a Frank Sinatra old world type of steakhouse. The food was dependable but nothing special. When we visited this Sept. we thought we walked into the wrong place. It has been totally transformed with a sleek modern feel but warm. They have a new young chef that has brought a great selection of new entrees. You can still get a great steak but many other options will tempt you. The antipasto meat selection was great and the hand sliced meats were great. The branzino was superb with a great basil seafood broth. The bar area is really cool with lots of great vibes. Give this new updated place a try, you will love it.Special Features:
- Lovely placezsph3r3Dined on 9/4/2014Great place for food and wine. The service was fast and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!!BdayboyDined on 8/30/2014Food was delicious! We ordered steaks and they were cooked to perfection! Very comfortable environment, not pretentious, great place, and staff was friendly, and knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining downtown ChicagoRobyDined on 8/30/2014Visiting Chicago, my wife and I had the opportunity to pass by this restaurant and decided to try it, was so good that two Days later repeated the experience and had an amazing Chateaubriant. In both occasions the service had been very professional. Absolutely racommandabile.Special Features:
- Good service but food is underpartoplDined on 8/25/2014I can't speak for the steaks since I've only tried the pasta and lambchops, but the pastas weren't very good. The lambchops were delicious, but the portion was small. The sides are very rich and heavy (we had mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, and asparagus). On a more positive note, service was EXCELLENT!
- we were made to feel "at home"eclmomDined on 8/23/2014This was our first time at this restaurant. We come to Chicago often to visit our daughter. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful seafood selection!HeyCath60601Dined on 8/19/2014Even though they tout themselves as more of a steakhouse / Italian restaurant, they have wonderful seafood. I had the Chilian Sea Bass. It was served with perfect lemon sauce and died of broccoli. My date had the salmon with a sauce on the side. Both dishes were fresh and outstanding. We did order a side of pasta to try the sauce and it was very tasty. Lobster bisque soup was one of best I have had in Chicago.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice date restaurantDenverDaveVIPDined on 8/16/2014Quiet restaurant with really colorful, personable servers. Food was excellent. On the expensive side, but overall a nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing times wonderfulMikeOnerDined on 8/14/2014From the moment we walked in the staff treated us with welcoming arms. Everyone from the host(ess) to the bussers were extremly friendly. Fulvio our server was highly knowledgeable about every question we asked and the food was AMAZING! I had the Kansas cut and my pops had the Polletto(Cornish Hen). Wonderful wonderful wonderful, and I've already recommended the place to 4 of my closest friends. I'm definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.