885 N. Howard Street
Baltimore, MD 21201Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.phaze10.com/
- Phone: 4104622010
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday to Thursday: 11 am- Midnight
Friday: 11:00 am - 2:00 am
Saturday: 4:00 pm - 2:00 am
Sunday: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Entertainment: Live jazz Wednesday through Saturday
- Special Events: Call 443 462 0971
A word from Phaze 10
Located in Mt Vernon at 885 N. Howard Street, PHAZE 10 has been meticulously developed as an emporium for delicious dining, fun take-out meals, some of the best drinks in town, and a hotspot for outstanding music, spoken word and local art.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Phaze 10 - Best Restaurants in Mt. Vernon ›
Phaze 10 reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (33)vibrant bar scene (33)neighborhood gem (33)good for groups (32)romantic (30)special occasion (29)late-night find (27)great for brunch (27)great for lunch (20)fit for foodies (18)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- GREAT FOOD GREAT SERVICEShelingassisDined on 9/30/2014We came here before a lecture at the Meyerhoff on a Tuesday and were impressed with the food and the service. The building is a great old Baltimore building with tons of character in the staircase, the leaded glass partition between the dining room and the bar, etc. Our food was excellent, starting with the cornbread starter and the home made chicken tenders and scrumptious crab dip. Our server was friendly and helpful. We walked by after the lecture and the bar was hopping with a crowd that looked like it was having a great time.Special Features:
- Ying/YangFoodieDined on 9/27/2014I booked the reservation to celebrate my Fiance's birthday. We immediately noticed it was extremely loud we found ourselves constantly leaning in to hold conversation. Starters - cornbread & crab dip were great. Cocktails- were average mine was originally served to me in a dirty glass. Entrees- He said his Fried catfish was some of the best he ever had. I did not enjoy the BBQ salmon entree and picked at it and finally just decided to not eat any of it. When the server came over and noticed she apologized and removed my plate. No one offered me an alternate choice or anything to keep me from having to basically pinch off cornbread and still leave hungry. I recommend this restaurant for parties/ singles mingling, not a romantic atmosphere.Special Features:
- A great place to dine!!!Lesa73Dined on 9/27/2014Our evening was so special, we really had a great meal and music. We will definitely be back again!!! Your staff was great and was able to make my fiancé's birthday a success .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SpotChrisDined on 9/27/2014I really liked it... Nice staff, great abmbiance... I plan on going back and I want to try their brunch menu.Special Features:
- Moms Bday celebration Sunday Brunchmspurplebutterfly2771Dined on 9/21/2014Brunch was tasty and atmosphere lively. Restaurant was busy, but server was very attentive to our table. Staff was pleasant and professional. Overall experience was nice. We will be back 2 visit but minus our kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowInlove21Dined on 9/19/2014I loved it everything was great from the food to the drinks and the service the host was great and even down to the gentlemen opening and closing the doorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014My overall experience was good. The seating was a little too close, and the service was not the greatest. We had to wait a long while for drinks; however, the food was good. Just need bigger portions.Special Features:
- High Noise leveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014My first visit was the Sunday brunch, which I was not impressed the limited brunch menu. My second visit to Phaze 10 was Friday 9/18. The seating arrangement is really awkward. You can only see the jazz artist if you're sitting at the bar. For people who are visual, If you sit any place outside of the bar you will NOT see the entertainer, which may not be so bad if you can hear them. The noise level is so HIGH you can hardly hear the band. It's very loud in this place I though the noise level would decrease - NOT, it got worse. I have given this place two chances, but I won't be going back there.Special Features:
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014It was a birthday brunch with my friends for me and we had a wonderful time. The food was great as all ways and the service was on point. LOVED the unlimited mimosas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodwelovegreatfoodDined on 9/14/2014We had great food and wonderful customer service or waiter was excellent and very aware of the restaurants menu and drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening of Good food and Good MusicBmoreBirthdayCelebrationDined on 9/13/2014I took my friend for a birthday celebration and it was perfect. Live jazz band and great food. What else can you ask for other than 6.00 valet. The staff was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- I'll be backeatinoutDined on 9/13/2014Went for brunch, not a dinner show or bar evening, so there was no live music. I'll definitely be back there some evening, though! I want to check this place out when it's busy. The food was very good. I ordered the Eastern Shore Gumbo. Yum. The cornbread biscuits were delicious. Not much else to say, really :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014My food was very tasty. The cornbread was the best I've ever had. Portion sizes on sides were small but overall good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014food was excellent, except for corn bread pudding, the menu did specify it was made with corn bread. Re-do menu too describe ingredients.Special Features:
- Phaze 10JazzluverDined on 9/5/2014The only concern I had while dining at Phaze 10 is my table was next to the vent on the first floor and the vent needed to be dusted, the TV screen kept loosing its signal so you couldn't see the band all though they had an awesome sound and we didn't get our corn bread until we were getting ready to leave. I do plan on returning to phaze 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd time isn't a charmLove2eatDined on 8/31/2014In a nutshell...there were 8 of us only 3 of us received our correct order in a timely manner. The other 5 sent theirs back due to being cold or not what they ordered. Our server Kay was great!!! She was wearing many hats, but managed to keep a smile while running around like a chicken with her head cut off. Jay, I believe is his name, came over to hear the numerous problems and was very nice. I will return here again, only because the last 2 times I was here the food was great. We appreciated the chef coming out and hearing our concerns as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Presented nicelySexiniecyDined on 8/24/2014The service, ambience and food presentation were all excellent. The food was beautifully prepared just needed flavor.Special Features:
- MusicMusicloversDined on 8/23/2014We came for live entertainment but impossible to see the musicians unless we were at the bar which was small and crowded. The group was excellent but seeing the musicians in action is the whole point of live entertainment. For this reason we would probably not returnSpecial Features:
- Food is good. Service is poor!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Phaze 10 was a decent restaurant overall. However, I think it could've been better customer service. It was my first time at Phaze 10. Even though I had reservations, I waited 10 minutes before someone greeted me. There was a hostess area but no one was there to greet anyone. Finally after waiting we were finally seated but waited 10 minutes for water. Then we finally meet our waitress after 15 minutes. Finally we order our food and had to wait for silverware like 7 minutes. I had to ask another waitress for that. Although the customer service was not good, the food was decent. BBQ salmon is great. Also, the drinks were amazing. Unfortunately, I enjoyed the food and drinks only. If the customer service was good this would be a nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertainment and good foodFoodnjazzfanDined on 8/21/2014Marcus Johnson, jazz pianist, was wonderful. The crowd was great and the food was very good. I had the barbecue salmon and it was delicious, as were the collard greens. The service was slow, though our waitress was very personable. Mixed drinks from the bar were not very good and took a long time to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice ambianceluv2dineDined on 8/19/2014Me and my fiancee went here for dinner and we loved it the music was nice and not to loud and the service was good we didnt have to wait a long time to get our food and our server was very polite and pleasant we will be going back again soon .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not pleasedLove2eatDined on 8/16/2014This was my second time patronizing Phaze 10. My first experience was definitely better than this time. I thought this would be a good place for my family to have brunch...well not so much. My daughter ate 4 bites of her pancakes and 2 bites of her eggs. She wasn't impressed and left hungry. My husband ordered chicken and waffles, and only ate 3 wings and none of the waffles. I created my own omelette and had a side of grits and potatoes. I ate a 1/4 of each. The food wasn't as good as I expected. We were highly disappointed. Our waitress was nice. I'm having a ladies birthday brunch here in a few weeks, only because my friends want to try it. Hopefully, this next go around, I leave with a look of satisfaction and not a look of disgust.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a baltimore gemafoodieatheartDined on 8/15/2014The food was great. Enjoyed every bit of what we ordered. If you like cokctails, I suggest the phaze10 cocktail. Next time I visit I'll order it again. Absolutely order the cornbread. It could be a meal all by itself. I ordered the blackened catfish with grilled succotash and grilled asparagus. You won't be disappointed. Volume levels are a bit much from the various conversations. I think that's mainly how the acoustics are in the building. Other than that, I'll be sure to visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed feelingsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014When I made my reservations, I noted it was my wife birthday...no acknowledgement what so ever. The music was good. Very mature crowd. However, I did note that the valet gave a drunk man his keys. He was stumbling to his car which was parked right in front of mine. Could have showed a little more responsibilitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thee SPOT!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014I went there to celebrate my boyfriends birthday. He and I both loved it! The food was excellent! Great music! I would appreciate the music at a lower volume. I really enjoyed it. I plan to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mature Jazz SpotGodschildDined on 8/1/2014I really enjoyed the food, live jazz, and excellent service. I highly recommend if you are looking for an entertainment spot with a mature crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & MusicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014The atmosphere was really nice. The music was great, dj and live band! The food was excellent especially the cornbread. The service was very friendly but slow. Nonetheless, the entree was worth the wait- it was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new brunch spotweakendfoodiesDined on 7/26/2014My girlfriends and I get together once a month and do brunch. We're always looking for new and fresh places around B-More with great ambience, amazing food, nice decor and an all around nice vibe so we can eat and catch up. Let's just say Phaze 10 lived up to our expectations!!! I checked out the website and already knew what I wanted to order (french toast, homeade turkey sausage), and it was delicious! My girlfriend had the sweet potato pancakes and she enjoyed them as well. The wait staff was very accomodating and friendly, which added to the enjoyment of our experience. I told my fiance about it and we will be returning with our friends, possibly for jazz night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Restaurant!CharjonesDined on 7/17/2014I truly enjoyed my first visit to Phase 10! The food was delicious, hot and the atmosphere was energetic. Our waiter, Christian, knew the menu and gave great recommendations for our dinner, and he was very attentative. My best friend enjoyed celebrating her birthday at this location and being able to listen to Marcus Johnson smooth jazz performance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/13/2014Just went today for Brunch ... although they were out of an item we wanted ... everything was so lovely. Staff were so pleasant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/11/2014We discovered this restaurant because of the Open Table offer of 1000 pts, and because we live in Mt. Vernon and enjoy eating in local places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/5/2014We had dinner here on a Friday evening. The waitstaff was friendly and helpful with solid knowledge of the menu. The food was tasty and presented well. The macaroni & cheese was delicious and the buffalo wings were our favorite appetizer. The sauce was flavorful with a hint of spice. The best part of the evening was the entertainment. The singer in the bar was great and upstairs there was a DJ with a lounge area. This is a terrific place for a fun evening dinner + entertainment.Special Features:
- Great Wedding Anniversary recently!wineanddineDined on 7/3/2014excellent atmosphere for that special moment or just for that relaxing and unwinding moment...........great food, great staff, reasonable priced. would highly recommend and would definitely return in the future....1st class establishment. Romantic, relaxing and business minded ...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendedxxxxVIPDined on 7/3/2014We went for the first time and were overwhelmed by how welcome we were made to feel. The staff is friendly, kind, and knowledgeable. Not a huge menu, but what they do have is superlative - just good home Southern and Louisiana style cooking at it's best (the catfish fritters are to die for). After dinner we went to the bar for some fantastic live jazz music, which they have most nights. We'll be going back!Special Features:
- Ambiance Great! Food Yuck!KMC2Dined on 7/3/2014The ambiance is great and the service was delightful. However, the food is below standard. This my fourth time there and I have yet to get a meal that really wows me! On my last visit, I had the shrimp scampi - the shrimp were not fresh, but previously frozen and small The rice was dry and i had to order more scampi sauce to moisten the dish. The veggies were good and the cornbread is always a winner. The music is excellent. But it looks like my next visit will be for drinks, appetizers and music only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014The music was too loud for table conversation. This is probably why a large group we sat across from was literally screaming at each other to be heard. I complained to the person at the front desk and had to suggest she approach the table to request they lower their voices. For this reason the dining experience was not good and I have no desire to return.
- slow and out of menu itemsjag1986Dined on 6/22/2014Went for brunch on a Sunday, the restaurant was not busy. Telltale sign. The staff is very sweet, our waitress was kind but slow and forgetful. Brought the wrong drink for my friend, didn't put in an order for biscuits for our party and they ran out before she realized her mistake. They were out of several menu items. Coffee served was lukewarm. Food was just ok, oddly generous portions. I had catfish, which was my second choice as they were out of the chicken with biscuits dish. Have beignets on the menu, but don't even serve them! Everyone liked their food, but it was nothing special. Poor management, slow service, and zero ambiance (feels like a 90s dive bar.) There are so many better options for brunch, I wouldn't waste my time here.
- Poor Service and Poor FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2014The waitresses/hostesses were so unprofessional and unorganized. The food was overcooked and under par. We were brought an appetizer and not told what is was or provided utensils in a timely manner. I will not return.Special Features:
- Good foodAspagsDined on 6/22/2014food and biscuits were to die for! It is however a steep walk in the opposite direction of the inner harbor which we were not expecting. All staff was friendly and very helpful and caring!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and ambienceVanessaVIPDined on 6/21/2014The restaurant was accommodating. We had a few latecomers, but they hostess was great about it. The food was delicious, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.