885 N. Howard Street
Baltimore, MD 21201Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.phaze10.com/
- Phone: 4104622010
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday to Thursday: 11 am- Midnight
Friday: 11:00 am - 2:00 am
Saturday: 4:00 pm - 2:00 am
Sunday: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Entertainment: Live jazz Wednesday through Saturday
- Special Events: Call 443 462 0971
A word from Phaze 10
Located in Mt Vernon at 885 N. Howard Street, PHAZE 10 has been meticulously developed as an emporium for delicious dining, fun take-out meals, some of the best drinks in town, and a hotspot for outstanding music, spoken word and local art.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Phaze 10 - Best Restaurants in Mt. Vernon ›
Phaze 10 reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (33)neighborhood gem (32)vibrant bar scene (31)special occasion (30)great for brunch (30)hot spot (29)romantic (28)late-night find (28)great for lunch (20)fit for foodies (17)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014It was a birthday brunch with my friends for me and we had a wonderful time. The food was great as all ways and the service was on point. LOVED the unlimited mimosas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodwelovegreatfoodDined on 9/14/2014We had great food and wonderful customer service or waiter was excellent and very aware of the restaurants menu and drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening of Good food and Good MusicOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014I took my friend for a birthday celebration and it was perfect. Live jazz band and great food. What else can you ask for other than 6.00 valet. The staff was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- I'll be backeatinoutDined on 9/13/2014Went for brunch, not a dinner show or bar evening, so there was no live music. I'll definitely be back there some evening, though! I want to check this place out when it's busy. The food was very good. I ordered the Eastern Shore Gumbo. Yum. The cornbread biscuits were delicious. Not much else to say, really :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014My food was very tasty. The cornbread was the best I've ever had. Portion sizes on sides were small but overall good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014food was excellent, except for corn bread pudding, the menu did specify it was made with corn bread. Re-do menu too describe ingredients.Special Features:
- Phaze 10JazzluverDined on 9/5/2014The only concern I had while dining at Phaze 10 is my table was next to the vent on the first floor and the vent needed to be dusted, the TV screen kept loosing its signal so you couldn't see the band all though they had an awesome sound and we didn't get our corn bread until we were getting ready to leave. I do plan on returning to phaze 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd time isn't a charmLove2eatDined on 8/31/2014In a nutshell...there were 8 of us only 3 of us received our correct order in a timely manner. The other 5 sent theirs back due to being cold or not what they ordered. Our server Kay was great!!! She was wearing many hats, but managed to keep a smile while running around like a chicken with her head cut off. Jay, I believe is his name, came over to hear the numerous problems and was very nice. I will return here again, only because the last 2 times I was here the food was great. We appreciated the chef coming out and hearing our concerns as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Presented nicelySexiniecyDined on 8/24/2014The service, ambience and food presentation were all excellent. The food was beautifully prepared just needed flavor.Special Features:
- MusicMusicloversDined on 8/23/2014We came for live entertainment but impossible to see the musicians unless we were at the bar which was small and crowded. The group was excellent but seeing the musicians in action is the whole point of live entertainment. For this reason we would probably not returnSpecial Features:
- Food is good. Service is poor!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Phaze 10 was a decent restaurant overall. However, I think it could've been better customer service. It was my first time at Phaze 10. Even though I had reservations, I waited 10 minutes before someone greeted me. There was a hostess area but no one was there to greet anyone. Finally after waiting we were finally seated but waited 10 minutes for water. Then we finally meet our waitress after 15 minutes. Finally we order our food and had to wait for silverware like 7 minutes. I had to ask another waitress for that. Although the customer service was not good, the food was decent. BBQ salmon is great. Also, the drinks were amazing. Unfortunately, I enjoyed the food and drinks only. If the customer service was good this would be a nice place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Entertainment and good foodFoodnjazzfanDined on 8/21/2014Marcus Johnson, jazz pianist, was wonderful. The crowd was great and the food was very good. I had the barbecue salmon and it was delicious, as were the collard greens. The service was slow, though our waitress was very personable. Mixed drinks from the bar were not very good and took a long time to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice ambianceluv2dineDined on 8/19/2014Me and my fiancee went here for dinner and we loved it the music was nice and not to loud and the service was good we didnt have to wait a long time to get our food and our server was very polite and pleasant we will be going back again soon .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not pleasedLove2eatDined on 8/16/2014This was my second time patronizing Phaze 10. My first experience was definitely better than this time. I thought this would be a good place for my family to have brunch...well not so much. My daughter ate 4 bites of her pancakes and 2 bites of her eggs. She wasn't impressed and left hungry. My husband ordered chicken and waffles, and only ate 3 wings and none of the waffles. I created my own omelette and had a side of grits and potatoes. I ate a 1/4 of each. The food wasn't as good as I expected. We were highly disappointed. Our waitress was nice. I'm having a ladies birthday brunch here in a few weeks, only because my friends want to try it. Hopefully, this next go around, I leave with a look of satisfaction and not a look of disgust.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a baltimore gemafoodieatheartDined on 8/15/2014The food was great. Enjoyed every bit of what we ordered. If you like cokctails, I suggest the phaze10 cocktail. Next time I visit I'll order it again. Absolutely order the cornbread. It could be a meal all by itself. I ordered the blackened catfish with grilled succotash and grilled asparagus. You won't be disappointed. Volume levels are a bit much from the various conversations. I think that's mainly how the acoustics are in the building. Other than that, I'll be sure to visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed feelingsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/9/2014When I made my reservations, I noted it was my wife birthday...no acknowledgement what so ever. The music was good. Very mature crowd. However, I did note that the valet gave a drunk man his keys. He was stumbling to his car which was parked right in front of mine. Could have showed a little more responsibilitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thee SPOT!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014I went there to celebrate my boyfriends birthday. He and I both loved it! The food was excellent! Great music! I would appreciate the music at a lower volume. I really enjoyed it. I plan to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mature Jazz SpotGodschildDined on 8/1/2014I really enjoyed the food, live jazz, and excellent service. I highly recommend if you are looking for an entertainment spot with a mature crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & MusicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014The atmosphere was really nice. The music was great, dj and live band! The food was excellent especially the cornbread. The service was very friendly but slow. Nonetheless, the entree was worth the wait- it was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new brunch spotweakendfoodiesDined on 7/26/2014My girlfriends and I get together once a month and do brunch. We're always looking for new and fresh places around B-More with great ambience, amazing food, nice decor and an all around nice vibe so we can eat and catch up. Let's just say Phaze 10 lived up to our expectations!!! I checked out the website and already knew what I wanted to order (french toast, homeade turkey sausage), and it was delicious! My girlfriend had the sweet potato pancakes and she enjoyed them as well. The wait staff was very accomodating and friendly, which added to the enjoyment of our experience. I told my fiance about it and we will be returning with our friends, possibly for jazz night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Restaurant!CharjonesDined on 7/17/2014I truly enjoyed my first visit to Phase 10! The food was delicious, hot and the atmosphere was energetic. Our waiter, Christian, knew the menu and gave great recommendations for our dinner, and he was very attentative. My best friend enjoyed celebrating her birthday at this location and being able to listen to Marcus Johnson smooth jazz performance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/13/2014Just went today for Brunch ... although they were out of an item we wanted ... everything was so lovely. Staff were so pleasant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/11/2014We discovered this restaurant because of the Open Table offer of 1000 pts, and because we live in Mt. Vernon and enjoy eating in local places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/5/2014We had dinner here on a Friday evening. The waitstaff was friendly and helpful with solid knowledge of the menu. The food was tasty and presented well. The macaroni & cheese was delicious and the buffalo wings were our favorite appetizer. The sauce was flavorful with a hint of spice. The best part of the evening was the entertainment. The singer in the bar was great and upstairs there was a DJ with a lounge area. This is a terrific place for a fun evening dinner + entertainment.Special Features:
- Great Wedding Anniversary recently!wineanddineDined on 7/3/2014excellent atmosphere for that special moment or just for that relaxing and unwinding moment...........great food, great staff, reasonable priced. would highly recommend and would definitely return in the future....1st class establishment. Romantic, relaxing and business minded ...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendedxxxxVIPDined on 7/3/2014We went for the first time and were overwhelmed by how welcome we were made to feel. The staff is friendly, kind, and knowledgeable. Not a huge menu, but what they do have is superlative - just good home Southern and Louisiana style cooking at it's best (the catfish fritters are to die for). After dinner we went to the bar for some fantastic live jazz music, which they have most nights. We'll be going back!Special Features:
- Ambiance Great! Food Yuck!KMC2Dined on 7/3/2014The ambiance is great and the service was delightful. However, the food is below standard. This my fourth time there and I have yet to get a meal that really wows me! On my last visit, I had the shrimp scampi - the shrimp were not fresh, but previously frozen and small The rice was dry and i had to order more scampi sauce to moisten the dish. The veggies were good and the cornbread is always a winner. The music is excellent. But it looks like my next visit will be for drinks, appetizers and music only.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014The music was too loud for table conversation. This is probably why a large group we sat across from was literally screaming at each other to be heard. I complained to the person at the front desk and had to suggest she approach the table to request they lower their voices. For this reason the dining experience was not good and I have no desire to return.
- slow and out of menu itemsjag1986Dined on 6/22/2014Went for brunch on a Sunday, the restaurant was not busy. Telltale sign. The staff is very sweet, our waitress was kind but slow and forgetful. Brought the wrong drink for my friend, didn't put in an order for biscuits for our party and they ran out before she realized her mistake. They were out of several menu items. Coffee served was lukewarm. Food was just ok, oddly generous portions. I had catfish, which was my second choice as they were out of the chicken with biscuits dish. Have beignets on the menu, but don't even serve them! Everyone liked their food, but it was nothing special. Poor management, slow service, and zero ambiance (feels like a 90s dive bar.) There are so many better options for brunch, I wouldn't waste my time here.
- Poor Service and Poor FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2014The waitresses/hostesses were so unprofessional and unorganized. The food was overcooked and under par. We were brought an appetizer and not told what is was or provided utensils in a timely manner. I will not return.Special Features:
- Good foodAspagsDined on 6/22/2014food and biscuits were to die for! It is however a steep walk in the opposite direction of the inner harbor which we were not expecting. All staff was friendly and very helpful and caring!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service and ambienceVanessaVIPDined on 6/21/2014The restaurant was accommodating. We had a few latecomers, but they hostess was great about it. The food was delicious, as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- To My SurpriseRodneyVIPDined on 6/21/2014I've driven by Phaze 10 plenty of times, but I had no idea it would be a place for me. The service was excellent, food very good and the signature drinks are delicious. Their menu of southern comfort cuisine is good and offers a great place to sit and dine. Since I've discovered this neighborhood gem, I've been there three times in the last month.Special Features:
- Superb food and staff4greatfood4hospitality2Dined on 6/19/2014The place was great. My friends and I were greeted by a very friendly staff. The food was absolutely superb from the cornbread, the BBQ Bourbon salmon, chicken wings, mashed potatoes braised collard greens to the Southern style succotash. The portions of the meals were fulfilling and the prices were good. You received a lot of food for your money. The manager/owner introduced himself and periodically checked to see if everything was okay as far as service etc. The Jazz keyboardist, Marcus Johnson did a good job providing music and interacting with the patrons. I have recommended this restaurant to my family and friends .Phaze 10 will now be a place for me to attend for future events. Thanks for a superb dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good Southern foodtdellavVIPDined on 6/14/2014The cornbread is to die for, but if you don't completely fill up on that you will love the shrimp scampi or shrimp and grits. Both have 5 or 6 large perfectly cooked shrimp. The Caesar salad is made with cornbread croutons (yummy), crisp romaine, Parmesan and very thick good dressing on the side. The prices are moderate and the wait staff are really nice. They also have valet parking.Special Features:
- Wonderful CelebrationBabyDined on 6/13/2014Service was prompt, friendly, and thorough. Ambience was romantic! Difficult to hear conversation at table due to music, but really enjoyed our birthday celebration for a friend.Special Features:
- The Live EntertainmentGreatDined on 6/13/2014We loved loved loved the food. The cornbread is to die for!!! However we were under the impression that no matter where we sat, we could see the band while we ate. The band was for listening purposes only and was really good. We would definitely recommend this spot to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute spotLovtoeatDined on 6/12/2014The food was delicious. The conbread is to die for. Overall I was super happy with our waitress and the host. Professional and very outgoing. My only feedback is the loudness of the live music. It was a bit too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodAlexandriaDined on 6/7/2014Had the fried catfish...so good. And cornbread always on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed-Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014I received a text reminder about 10 minutes prior to my reservation letting me know that my table was ready. Once we arrived, our table for 6 wasn’t ready. We were seated in the back by the restroom/kitchen which was bothersome because the staff kept bumping into our chairs. We sat for over 15 minutes before we were acknowledged. Our food came out with our appetizers and the whole table didn’t receive their food at the same time. Our server hardly checked in with us and could be seen dancing up front. When we asked where she had disappeared to, she smiled and replied “we weren’t her only guests of the night”. Overall, the food was mediocre at best, service was horrible and the valet almost crashed our car into the curb.Special Features: