885 N. Howard Street
Baltimore, MD 21201Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.phaze10.com/
- Phone: (410) 462-2010
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday to Thursday: 11 am- Midnight
Friday: 11:00 am - 2:00 am
Saturday: 4:00 pm - 2:00 am
Sunday: 11:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Barbecue
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Entertainment: Live jazz Wednesday through Saturday
- Special Events: Call 443 462 0971
A word from Phaze 10
Located in Mt Vernon at 885 N. Howard Street, PHAZE 10 has been meticulously developed as an emporium for delicious dining, fun take-out meals, some of the best drinks in town, and a hotspot for outstanding music, spoken word and local art.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Phaze 10 - Best Restaurants in Mt. Vernon ›
Phaze 10 reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (35)romantic (31)neighborhood gem (31)late-night find (30)hot spot (30)special occasion (29)good for groups (27)great for brunch (21)fit for foodies (19)great for lunch (15)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Great spot for food, fun and musicOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2014I love Phaze 10! I will give them a try over and over...mainly because it's homegrown and Black-owed. but unfortunately I haven't seen them "get it right" just yet. Their food is really good and the ambiance is nice too...but their service...it still needs improving. The food may be brought out in a timely manner, but the guests are not well attended to or "checked on." If you need assistance, your server is usually no where eyesight or he or she is attending to other patrons. I'll keep trying though, because I know they are trying and sometimes it takes a little longer for some than others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- savoryFoodieVIPDined on 11/16/2014We enjoyed our brunch last sunday. The chicken and waffles was recommended and was very tasteful. The peach mimosa was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ray1Dined on 11/15/2014the waitress was very nice and attentive. the food was ok.Special Features:
- Good foodOtterVIPDined on 11/11/2014The food here is very good -- flavorful, fresh and well presented. We had an unfortunate glitch with our dessert with the first item reported back as unavailable and a long wait for the replacement. But they comped us on the dessert due to the wait. The service was friendly with some lapses in attentiveness. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- SmellOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014My second time being there and the smell of the floors being cleaned hindered the ability to enjoy the ambiance. And, now I am having asthma/allergy issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- will try againgratefuleeDined on 11/9/2014Went for what I thought was going to be a Gospel Brunch. I was so excited I invited a few friends along. The website said it began at 11-3pm. The waiter was very young but attentive. We asked for a side of chicken wings as an appetizer and was told they were not on the brunch menu and couldn't be prepared without the managers approval, who of course wasn't there. We looked over at a table and saw a couple with fish and greens which I didn't see on the brunch menu. After about an hour, we noticed there was no music playing so we asked when the gospel would begin, 'oh, around 1:30' was what we were told. I was so disappointed that I wasn't able to enjoy the gospel while dining. As we were leaving out the door was when the music began.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meets ExpectationsRodneyVIPDined on 11/8/2014As usual Phaze 10 hits its usual home run. Great service, good food and really good service. Chris was quite attentive.Special Features:
- Brunch amazingBmoreluvDined on 11/8/2014Came from out of town to take sister out for her Birthday. We both were impressed with amount of food, the quality and the atmosphere. The food was phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phaze 10 Experience1UnhappyPersonDined on 11/7/2014Our waiter Christian was very knowledgeable about the menu. The drinks were delicious and the food wad prepared great. The band was outstanding and the atmosphere made for a wonderful evening. I was disappointed there was no valet that night but thankfully we did not have far to walk and the parking lot was cheaper than valet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rough but greatboo83Dined on 11/7/2014It started have rough because i had to wait an hour to be seated because the rest of my party was not there and i made reservations. It was my birthday but throughout the night i had a blastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary PickOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014I booked a reservation at Phaze 10 for my wife and I's 12th year anniversary. This was our first visit and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The food, service, and music was great! My only complaint is that there was an issue with valet parking this evening so we had to find our own parking in an unfamiliar city. Overall we had an outstanding experience and will definitely be spreading the word about this gem! ☺Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible Wait Times- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014I scheduled a reservation at Phaze 10 for a group. We arrived on time for our 12:30 pm reservation. We waited for food and watched other groups near us receive their food before us. At 2 pm we were finally told that our food was just being cooked in the kitchen because different orders were mixed up. During our wait, our drinks were not skillfully made and we had to wait longer than usual for water because our waiter was dealing with complaints from another table. We understand mistakes happen, but the communication to our table about what was going on in the restaurant was poor. We had to ask the waiter and manager for an explanation rather than them being proactive and coming to us to inform us of issues going on.
- Bad ServiceImnotcheapDined on 11/2/2014WENT TO PHAZE 10 FOR THERE SUNDAY BRUNCH. MY WIFE AND I SAT FOR AN HOUR WAITING ON OUR FOOD. AND JUST TO ADD INSULT TO INJURY THERE WERE PEOPLE WHO CAME IN AFTER US WHO ORDERED AND RECIEVED THERE FOOD IN A TIMELY MANNER. THE OWNER OR MANAGER WHOM EVER HE WAS HAD THE NERVE TO SAY TO US " I WILL GET ON THIS , I APOLOGIZE FOR THIS AND I WILL TAKE 50% OF YOUR CHECK" !!!!!!!!REALLY!!!!!!!... I HAVE BEEN WAITING WHOLE HOUR AND THE BEST YOU COULD DO IS 1/2 OFF.. HE EVENTUALLY MADE OUR MEAL FREE , BUT "WOW"...
- Nice find for brunch!DeeSingDined on 10/26/2014The best cornbread I have ever tasted! Nice, out of the way place for brunch. The food was good and our waitress was very friendly and accommodating, just a little forgetful. I recommend this place and plan to visit again but for dinner, hopefully for one of the jazz nights.Special Features:
- Don't go there for Jazz experienceBadjazzDined on 10/25/2014My wife and I were celebrating our fifth year wedding anniversary, and I choose Phaze 10 in the hopes to enjoy great food and some nice relaxing live jazz. The set up for the restaurant is not for those who want to see the band. The seating in 90% of the restaurant made it impossible to see the band, and we were told that the camera to show the band on the big screen monitors was broken. I have to admit the food was very good and the drinks were nice. But the service was very poor and the customer chatter was so loud that we could not even hear the band well from our seats. After a birthday party of twenty was seated near us, we called it a night and went back to our hotel.Special Features:
- JLTViewDined on 10/25/2014Had gumbo that did not have a single ingredient or spice that resembled gumbo. I've had the real thing in New Orleans. Service was extremely friendly but slow. Sweet potato pie was to die for.
- Great for brunchThreesACharmDined on 10/25/2014My best friend and I came here for brunch on a Saturday and it was great. Not too crowded and attentive wait staff. They have a great menu selection and it's reasonably priced. Check them out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedAryzonaVIPDined on 10/19/2014We went for brunch. First they sat us in the bar where the music was loud and people were watching the game. The people were rowdy, the waitress couldn't remember our order even though she wrote it down. Then the food came out and my steak was overcooked so I told them I didn't want it I'd just eat my appetizer... They sent out the chef and didn't credit my tab for the horrible steak. Never again.
- This is a neighborhood GenBettyDined on 10/18/2014I love this place. It is so energetic ... as soon as you walk in you hear the band. The front desk is very friendly. My waitress kept checking on me to make sure that I was ok. The food was hot and delicious. They serve good Moscato (Bartenura blue bottle). The owner gave his personal touch by making us feel special and checked on us. The DJ was upstairs and everyone was dancing. It is a hot spot if you just want to chill and have dinner, or a hot spot of you want to dance that food off. I know Baltimore seems far to some in the DMV area, but it is definitely worth the trip for something different and fun. No cover charge ... wowwwwwwwww. Come on DMV ... let's support this great HOT SPOT!!!!! BaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & Great MusicKglam1Dined on 10/9/2014This restaurant is wonderful. The live jazz adds a nice touch while eating your dinner. This restaurant is elegant and lively. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The service at this restaurant is great. The food and drinks are amazing. The menu has many tasty items to select from. For my appetizer, I had crab dip with pita bread. It was so good. And for my main course, I had the BBQ Salmon with asparagus and mac and cheese. It was great. For dessert I had the sweet potato pie. Overall, I give this restaurant a 10!!! I can't wait to eat here again.Special Features:
- Horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014We arrived at about 830 and ordered drinks. Food and drinks did not come out until 1030. The waiter had to look for silverware and was not focusing too much at our table. We had to call her over to get service. The band was great. I felt that we were close to the bathrooms in which they only had two and one of which was a single stale but the kitchen. The food was ok. I just thought the service could have been alittle better. If I do go back, it will be for drinks only.Special Features:
- Awesome for any occasion! !!LibraDivaAngelDined on 10/1/2014I have been going to Phaze 10 for 2 + years and I yet to be disappointed! !!! I had/have any doubts in my mind were to go on a Wednesday or any night there its always a great atmosphere. Great girls night out or with your fellows....date night would be intimate as well!!! I love going there!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/1/2014Great food, great customer service!! Will recommend to others and will attend again!! Absolutely looooove the cornbread!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT FOOD GREAT SERVICEShelingassisDined on 9/30/2014We came here before a lecture at the Meyerhoff on a Tuesday and were impressed with the food and the service. The building is a great old Baltimore building with tons of character in the staircase, the leaded glass partition between the dining room and the bar, etc. Our food was excellent, starting with the cornbread starter and the home made chicken tenders and scrumptious crab dip. Our server was friendly and helpful. We walked by after the lecture and the bar was hopping with a crowd that looked like it was having a great time.Special Features:
- Decent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014I went to Phaze 10 on a date. The atmosphere was pretty nice although very loud, and not just from the band. While the food was excellent... the service not so much. The waitress was really pleasant but slow. We had to keep reminding her about our drinks and condiments we asked for. The other diners were for lack of a better word a little "ghetto"; taking selfies, group photos etc at their tables. The band was just OK for me. Overall I'd probably dine at Phaze 10 again since the food was so good. It just wouldn't be the first place that would come to mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ying/YangFoodieDined on 9/27/2014I booked the reservation to celebrate my Fiance's birthday. We immediately noticed it was extremely loud we found ourselves constantly leaning in to hold conversation. Starters - cornbread & crab dip were great. Cocktails- were average mine was originally served to me in a dirty glass. Entrees- He said his Fried catfish was some of the best he ever had. I did not enjoy the BBQ salmon entree and picked at it and finally just decided to not eat any of it. When the server came over and noticed she apologized and removed my plate. No one offered me an alternate choice or anything to keep me from having to basically pinch off cornbread and still leave hungry. I recommend this restaurant for parties/ singles mingling, not a romantic atmosphere.Special Features:
- A great place to dine!!!Lesa73Dined on 9/27/2014Our evening was so special, we really had a great meal and music. We will definitely be back again!!! Your staff was great and was able to make my fiancé's birthday a success .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice SpotChrisDined on 9/27/2014I really liked it... Nice staff, great abmbiance... I plan on going back and I want to try their brunch menu.Special Features:
- Moms Bday celebration Sunday Brunchmspurplebutterfly2771Dined on 9/21/2014Brunch was tasty and atmosphere lively. Restaurant was busy, but server was very attentive to our table. Staff was pleasant and professional. Overall experience was nice. We will be back 2 visit but minus our kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowInlove21Dined on 9/19/2014I loved it everything was great from the food to the drinks and the service the host was great and even down to the gentlemen opening and closing the doorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014My overall experience was good. The seating was a little too close, and the service was not the greatest. We had to wait a long while for drinks; however, the food was good. Just need bigger portions.Special Features:
- High Noise leveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014My first visit was the Sunday brunch, which I was not impressed the limited brunch menu. My second visit to Phaze 10 was Friday 9/18. The seating arrangement is really awkward. You can only see the jazz artist if you're sitting at the bar. For people who are visual, If you sit any place outside of the bar you will NOT see the entertainer, which may not be so bad if you can hear them. The noise level is so HIGH you can hardly hear the band. It's very loud in this place I though the noise level would decrease - NOT, it got worse. I have given this place two chances, but I won't be going back there.Special Features:
- Great BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014It was a birthday brunch with my friends for me and we had a wonderful time. The food was great as all ways and the service was on point. LOVED the unlimited mimosas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodwelovegreatfoodDined on 9/14/2014We had great food and wonderful customer service or waiter was excellent and very aware of the restaurants menu and drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Evening of Good food and Good MusicBmoreBirthdayCelebrationDined on 9/13/2014I took my friend for a birthday celebration and it was perfect. Live jazz band and great food. What else can you ask for other than 6.00 valet. The staff was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- I'll be backeatinoutVIPDined on 9/13/2014Went for brunch, not a dinner show or bar evening, so there was no live music. I'll definitely be back there some evening, though! I want to check this place out when it's busy. The food was very good. I ordered the Eastern Shore Gumbo. Yum. The cornbread biscuits were delicious. Not much else to say, really :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014My food was very tasty. The cornbread was the best I've ever had. Portion sizes on sides were small but overall good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice night out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014food was excellent, except for corn bread pudding, the menu did specify it was made with corn bread. Re-do menu too describe ingredients.Special Features:
- Phaze 10JazzluverDined on 9/5/2014The only concern I had while dining at Phaze 10 is my table was next to the vent on the first floor and the vent needed to be dusted, the TV screen kept loosing its signal so you couldn't see the band all though they had an awesome sound and we didn't get our corn bread until we were getting ready to leave. I do plan on returning to phaze 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd time isn't a charmLove2eatDined on 8/31/2014In a nutshell...there were 8 of us only 3 of us received our correct order in a timely manner. The other 5 sent theirs back due to being cold or not what they ordered. Our server Kay was great!!! She was wearing many hats, but managed to keep a smile while running around like a chicken with her head cut off. Jay, I believe is his name, came over to hear the numerous problems and was very nice. I will return here again, only because the last 2 times I was here the food was great. We appreciated the chef coming out and hearing our concerns as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.