Phans 55 Vietnamese Bistro - Irvine
6000 Scholarship Drive
Irvine, CA 92612Neighborhood:
VietnamesePrice: $30 and under
Phans 55 Vietnamese Bistro - Irvine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.phans55.com/
- Phone: 9497241236
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian / Vegan, Vietnamese
- Executive Chef: Susie Phan and Francois
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We cater to both corporate, office private parties as well as parties at home.
- Private Party Facilities: We can block out certain section of the restaurant that can accommodate private parties as small as 8 people and as large as 30 people.
- Private Party Contact: Susie 9497241236
- Entertainment: 16 feet wall to wall HD projector, multiple HD TV"s.
A word from Phans 55 Vietnamese Bistro - Irvine
Phans55 started out as a family of foodies who traveled and enjoyed all the different types of cuisines all over the world. We wanted to bring something unique and beautiful that we knew represented our Vietnamese culture and food passion. The idea was to take traditional Vietnamese cuisine and give it a little bit of a modern flare. This in turn was the beginning of Phans55 whose goal is to offer home-cooked Vietnamese comfort food. We set out to create a new kind of Vietnamese restaurant. Phans55 breaks all traditions - no processed meat entrees, and no heavy heart-clogging sauces. What you’ll find on our menu is innovatively grilled, steamed, or wokked plates over high heat. We use premium quality natural ingredients, organic when possible, and always fresh every day. We work hard and make our dishes from scratch to ensure our quality. No short cuts. We believe it's just better this way. Our ambiance is one of a friendly modern bistro will full bar and extensive wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Phans 55 Vietnamese Bistro - Irvine reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (9)great for lunch (7)kid-friendly (4)good for groups (3)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- HardbrickOliverSDined on 8/26/2014Great little gem hidden in a young urban neighborhood of Irvine. Surprisingly the food tastes really authentic for being modern, eclectic Vietnamese. Be adventurous when ordering and you won't be disappointed. Of possible let one of the staff help you order. They know the food well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food & Service were outstanding!!ThomasDined on 7/18/2014This was our first time eating at this restaurant. We were very pleased that we found it. The menu, the presentation and the food were all outstanding . Our server made a few recommendations which were excellent choices. Will definitely return and recommend Phans 55 to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh and deliciousLunchloverVIPDined on 7/9/2014Spring rolls and chicken clay pot were excellent. Shared with my friend and it was just right for lunch! The ingredients are always fresh and they don't mind special requests.Special Features:
- Nut-free Asian CuisineOCDinerVIPDined on 7/3/2014The owner of the restaurant was extraordinarily helpful. One member of our group had a nut allergy, and the owner of the restaurant let us know that her menu was nut-free with the sole exception of the peanut sauce for the chicken satay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it is the FOOD!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/28/2014while this is not a fancy restaurant, you receive fancy food; kind of reminds you of a corner neighborhood restaurant from years ago, where a family really wants to share their great food with you (but with a modern flair); everything we had was just delicious and there was the feeling that the staff wanted us to have a great experience - WE DID!! each item has its own distinct flavor - and the claypot sea bass was something exceptional - but so too were all of the entrees --- and the appetizers were YUMMY (did try their signature San Francisco Cosmo which was just lovely) and, yes, it is on the first floor of a condo complex .... just like a "city" restaurant, but with really easy parking in the garage right there.Special Features:
- Hidden GemHowardDined on 6/16/2014This place is a hidden gem. The food is fresh and so tasty. Let them take care of you for the best meal ever!Special Features:
- going home again...merleleeDined on 6/13/2014consistently fresh and delicious!! time after time i know i can count on the quality and flavor! thank you for making it easy to come back, time after time.Special Features:
- Unlikely location, very good food!SuzyVIPDined on 6/13/2014Somewhat hidden in an apartment complex just off Jamboree, Phan's 55 is a pretty restaurant with a flexible and interesting menu of consistently well-prepared dishes. We had a large party (ranging from kids under 10 to adults over 70, with a wide range of dietary preferences/restrictions) and everybody loved this place!Special Features:
- Excellent service and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014Nice find on internet search. Love being able to see kitchen and fresh ingredients for cooking. Service is excellent and the food very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably delicious!LunchloverVIPDined on 5/30/2014Phan's 55 always has the freshest ingredients! Love the chicken clay pot, the calamari appetizer and all of the spring rolls they offer. Will continue to be a repeat customer!Special Features:
- The following 94 reviews are from the Phans 55 Vietnamese Bistro - Irvine reviews archive.
- Great food and serviceHowardDined on 4/23/2014Food is super fresh. Staff is attentive and friendly. Great lunch deals and such wonderful taste with incredible freshness.Special Features:
- Great for out of town guestsLunchloverVIPDined on 4/16/2014Tucked away in an apartment complex shopping center, Phan's 55 might be hard to find for some, but it's worth it! I love taking visitors here and sharing the delicious food offerings.Special Features:
- Delicious!TriciaDined on 3/19/2014We have been here several times and never been disappointed with the food- it's so tasty. The flavors are clean and the food fresh. The Tofu and Eggplant was amazing, as was the salmon. We did not leave hungry. With just the right desserts to tempt, a lovely evening was had by all. (The only thing I would change was the delivery of the food- the main course arrived before we had finished our appetizers, which made us feel a little rushed.)Special Features:
- Great Local PlaceDLOKIDined on 3/1/2014Must try the Sea Bass in the Clay Pot and Calamari... the Pho is very good...The Service was over the top outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem2diners9Dined on 2/27/2014We celebrated my husband's birthday here, tt's a favorite of ours. Brought our adult children whe enjoyed it thoroughly. They made a big fuss over us and made it a special evening. The food was delicious as usulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vietnamese Food at Its BestAHBobDined on 2/22/2014It's a pleasure to go to Phans 55 Vietnamese restaurant, either the Irvine or Fullerton locations. A few of my favorite menu items are the Pho Ga, the salmon, and the wonderful clay pot dishes. Phans 55 also carries beers from the Bootlegger's Brewery in Fullerton, allowing me to enjoy a local brew.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Vietnamese outside of GardenOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/18/2014Great place!!! Good Vietnamese food served in a modern stylish atmosphere. The owner can come across as a little brash but it's just her style. Try the Shaken Beef, the Pork Spring rolls, the cool noodles. All great!! And great quality of product, sourced from local farmers, all organic. Love it!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistentmerleleeDined on 12/15/2013just love this restaurant.....and bar non....the best PHO i have ever had!!Special Features:
- Very Americanize Vietnamese FoodMissAudreyVIPDined on 11/23/2013This was a quick bite around the corner. The Traditional Spring Rolls was decent. The pork was a little too dry. The Seafood Wonton Noodle Soup was light and not too much flavoring like the normal Vietnamese soup. The wontons wasn't as fresh, you can taste it was starting to go bad. We also had the Shaken Beef Filet was also decent, the sauce was a little too runny. It wasn't like a wow, like Brodard. Plus it was really expensive for Vietnamese food that was just ok. I would like to pay more for closer, nicer atmosphere, and really good food. This wasn't the case.
- Sea Bass in Clay PotBirdieVIPDined on 11/15/2013They have a unique dish that is SeaBass cooked in spices and a sauce in a clay pot served with jasmine rice that is unforgettable. Everyone is friendly and family run so they truly care about every dish they serve is the absolute best it can be. Best spring rolls and calamari appetizers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good organic VietnameseOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/4/2013Love the shaking beef!!! Vietnamese spring rolls and pho is also great. Must try the cool noodles. Finally good Vietnamese food in a nice atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden But Worth The SearchAgentSmithVIPDined on 10/24/2013Phans is tucked away in an apartment complex, but parking is easy and was free when we visited for lunch. The clay pot lunches (we had chicken and seafood) are fantastic.Special Features:
- This restaurant is tops!Boiler13VIPDined on 10/18/2013love this restaurant and the owner takes special care of the guests. Super nice and fresh food. We go there more than once a month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome as usual exceptSueriVIPDined on 9/20/2013excellent food, great service, specially when the owner goes around to greet customers and provide wonderful service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably fresh and delicious!!LunchloverVIPDined on 9/11/2013I am always amazed at the fresh, delicious food here! The chicken clay pot is the BEST. Every one of their spring rolls should be sampled - the ahi tuna one remains one of my regular orders. The calamari is light and crispy with a hint of spiciness as it is fried with jalaphenos. I've never had a bad meal here!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurantBoiler13VIPDined on 9/7/2013The third time I have eaten here in two weeks. Fresh, fresh & fresh! Traditional spring rolls are yummy and a must. love the location! Wait staff is very friendly and accommodating. Great sauces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!Keating7Dined on 8/2/2013We decided to go here and try something new. We loved it and will be back!!! : )Special Features:
- Never disappoints!LunchloverVIPDined on 7/31/2013Every time I dine at Phan's 55, I come away with great feelings of having eaten FRESH, well-cooked food. The spring rolls (EVERY flavor) are delicious; the chicken rice clay pot is always a hit, and the calamari is perfectly cooked and seasoned (love the jalapenos!). The owner makes you feel very welcome and the wait staff often recommends great food items if you are trying to decide what to get. DEINITELY will be going back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in an interestingBruinVIPDined on 7/21/2013Great food in an interesting location! The owners were very a nice and we're looking forward to returning.Special Features:
- Love Phans 55 in Irvine.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/10/2013We are big fans of the ahi roll, pho broth Chef's Special and French macaroons. On this visit, one of our guests, who is a second generation Vietnamese woman in her mid-20s and whose family was in the restaurant business throughout her childhood. She gave Phans 55 high marks. We love Susie, the owner, and bartenders Duke and Angie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy..Time Your Visit for AmbiencegigiinirvineDined on 6/10/2013I love this little restaurant. The food is wonderful and the servers are attentive. If you are trying to catch up with an old friend, don't come at peak times because this comtemporarily decorated restaurant echos. It was difficult to hear my lunch companion at first, but once the place cleared out, it was quite lovely. I recommend this restaurant for its wonderful food. There are vegetarian options that are delicious.Special Features:
- The food is very good andAmyKVIPDined on 5/23/2013The food is very good and fresh. The spring rolls are tasty but the portions are small. The steamed chicken salad was good and the large size is enough to share between two people. All in all the food is good, quality is good but a little pricey for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service does not match the foodJordanDined on 5/18/2013The food is in the upper end of the Vietnamese restaurants in Orange County. The waiters are trying but they were inexperienced and did not know enough about the food. The bus boys were too anxious to pick up our plates and we had to tell them more than once that we were not finished eating. The interior is very nicely decorated. This could be a romantic place, but the service needs to be upgraded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Vietnamese food!DedeeVIPDined on 5/14/2013Excellent Vietnamese food! Reasonable prices. There is a great happy hour from 5-7 that attracts a lot of young professionals.Special Features:
- Fresh and delicious!LunchloverVIPDined on 5/2/2013Fresh and delicious are the first two words that come to mind when I eat ANYTHING that I order at Phan's 55. Today was no different. The shrimp egg rolls were delightful, and the chicken rice claypot was the best meal ever. Keep up the great menu options and the clean cooking!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is fresh and a delightBoiler13VIPDined on 4/30/2013Delicious food and gracious host! Great for lunch, a hidden gem.Special Features:
- Good Vietnamese food at upscaleOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/24/2013Good Vietnamese food at upscale prices but great service unlike other Vietnamese restaurants.Special Features:
- I especially appreciated theOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 2/23/2013I especially appreciated the warm hospitality of the staff!Special Features:
- My new favorite findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/21/2013Great find. We were not familiar with Vietnamese food. The owner gave us her favorite recommendations. Each was fresh and amazingly good. She even sat with us for a chat. The food was amazingly good. Went back the next day. Happy hour in the bar is all $5Special Features:
- The food was great and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/20/2013The food was great and very healthy. Service is excellent.Special Features: