Petrossian - New York
182 West 58th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Petrossian - New York
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.petrossian.com/
- Phone: 2122452214
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:15pm, Friday - Saturday 5:30pm to 11:30pm,Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, International
- Executive Chef: German Calle
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Cocktail Receptions and Intimate Private Parties.
For Private Dining information please call 212 245 2214 x308.
- Special Events: For Lunch we offer a 3-course prix-fixe menu for $28.00, or A La Carte. For Dinner we offer a 3-course prix-fixe Theatre menu for $35.00 served from all night or A La Carte. Brunch every Saturdays & Sundays 3-course prix fixe $32.00.
A word from Petrossian - New York
Founded in 1984, New York Petrossian restaurant is housed in the historic Alwyn Court Building on Manhattan's West Side, one block from Carnegie Hall and four blocks from Lincoln Center. Owned by the Petrossians, it serves a French-influenced contemporary menu that features the caviar, smoked fish, and foie gras delicacies for which Petrossian is known throughout the world. Lunch, dinner, & brunch can be enjoyed at either the art deco style mirrored bar or in the dining room. Designed by Ion Oroveanu, the restaurant features Lalique crystal wall sconces, bronze sculptures from the 1930's, etched Erté mirrors, Lanvin chandelier and pink Finnish granite, all harmonizing to create a visual ambiance that can be savored equally with the unsurpassed gourmet experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary French
Petrossian - New York - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
Petrossian - New York reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (95)fit for foodies (67)romantic (67)neighborhood gem (41)great for lunch (31)notable wine list (28)great for brunch (26)late-night find (12)good for groups (9)hot spot (6)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Champagne and caviarOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/25/2014Yum. What could be better! The appetizers, caviar, champagne and vodka are the best parts! Fill up on those, skip the entrees, and have dessert if you must.I would recommend this to a friend.
- IubiredecatelDined on 8/23/2014To bad on a Saturday night, only 3 tables were full.kind of depressing.fodd very good, the Georgian waitress very nice. We,ll come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialSandyVIPDined on 8/22/2014Always a special experience. I will say the same song played over and over again over the sound system which was annoyingSpecial Features:
- JilandreDined on 8/18/2014One wonders if Petrossian is going to be around, given their casual approach to answering their phones and the attitude of the help... notably the women servers, who seen to be disinterested and not very professional. The meal was quite good, but very over priced!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice brunchLMLNYCDined on 8/17/2014The Brunch at Petrossian is great value for money! A three course gourmet meal at $38 is hard to find. Food was excellent, creative and tasty. Place it self is a bit cold, not too many customers. Perhaps an August Sunday was the wrong time. Regardless, do your self a favor and try it!Special Features:
- Elegant, old-world atmospherenycvisitorDined on 8/16/2014There is an almost courtly feel to the service and ambiance at Petrossian -- sort of from another era, and most welcome. The servers are quiet, professional, and efficient (none of the "Hi, my name is Scott and I'll be your server tonight!" stuff). The food is wonderful, and while Petrossian's menu is a bit old-fashioned, it can't be beat for smoked fish and caviar. The Lalique glass and beautiful granite, not to mention the diagonal bar, all contribute to a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/15/2014well worth a detour and some dy I will do the caviar menuSpecial Features:
- its a nice romantic placeMichifuzDined on 8/15/2014I loved the presentation of the food . Service was impeccable. Decoration and music amazing. I like the presentation of the caviar.Special Features:
- One of Manhattan's finestjimbillDined on 8/15/2014Petrossian restaurant in New York is always our first choice for a special occasion dinner. Its location is ideal, the decor and ambience encourage relaxed dining, the food is delicious and elegantly presented, and the service is unfailingly gracious and attentive. We recommend Petrossian highly to our friends and to everyone else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEGATIVECUSTOMERDined on 8/15/2014NEVER EVER GO TO PETROSSIAN DURING RESTAURANT WEEK OF NEW YORK. FOOD IS MADE OUT OF CHEAP INGREDIENTS AND CAN BE QUALIFIED AS EDIBLE BUT NOTHING ELSE. WAITER WAS INFORMED ABOUT IT BUT JUST DISAPPEARED. HOSTESS WAS VERY NICE
- No a good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014We found them to be very inflexible for a high end restaurant. They refused requests for minor changes to menu items. When told my wife did not like her dinner, they were indifferent. Our friend was allergic to nuts. It was a garnish and retrospectively it appeared nuts were added just prior to serving. Consequently she settled for the ice cream. Restaurant week or not, we will not be going back.
- It was deliciousgrandmaVIPDined on 8/14/2014We went on restaurant week and it is a beautiful place and quiet which is hard to find. We enjoyed the food and the ambiance. I think it is a little pricey if it's not restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2014My friends and I had a great time. The food was delicious and the service was very nice. I would go again if I had friends in town. Thank you for a great lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticIraJayDined on 8/12/2014I hadn't eaten there in years. It was better than ever, they were very generous with portions, I don't understand why this classic isn't ranked higher. Underrated, a truly top NYC restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing quality; good caviarTennisLoverDined on 8/10/2014We went during NYC restaurant week. The entrees were sorry excuses for a main meal. The steak was flimsy and tasteless; the sturgeon was expensive and lacking flavor. Caviar was good; dessert was delicious. Go only for caviar and dessert -- avoid everything else.
- Fantastic for entertaining guestsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014Excellent service, truly, very accommodating to late arrivals in our group and attentive to any needs at the table without being asked. The brunch menu offered a variety of options and was deliciously satisfying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Petrossian is an Excellent Rest.sammo3000VIPDined on 8/8/2014I enjoyed with my friend at Petrossian during the Restaurant Week. This place is legendary, elegant, grand and romantic ~~~ and worth it. The food are delicious and high quality. Definitely should try their most famous caviar. We will go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Iconic Bulding with poor restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/7/2014I always wanted to go to the restaurant in this NYC landmark. From the outside it looks like a real classy restaurant but the food and service significantly underdelivers. The preparation lags inspiration and the flavors are very poorly matched. The mackerel was over slated and the fishy taste was overbearing. Overall a big disappointment and especially in NYC don’t waste your time and money there since there is an abundance of excellent restaurant.
- WastingfoodisasinVIPDined on 8/7/2014Had Smoked Trout and Salmon Pastrami, Crocante de quinoa, pickled carrots Jerusalem artichokes, young tomatoes-cucumber raita, as 1st course. There were bones in trout, but it was ok. The salmon was incredibly tasty. 2nd course was Lightly Grilled Spanish Mackerel, Sushi rice, enoki mushrooms, green onions, spinach, carrots, Bonito lime broth. It was truly Japanese food. The broth was full of amino acids. It reminded me O Zohni in New Year's Day. The last course was Carrot cream cheesecake with carrot sorbet. Cheesecake was descent, but sorbet was a little bit too carroty. Overall, food was wonderful. Love the taste. However, the restaurant needs to be cleaned much more thoroughly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ordinary food, poor serviceDungustanDined on 8/7/2014I had lunch here during restaurant week. To begin with, the hostess was busy chatting with two other guests who were leaving and did not even acknowledge me. Another lady walked in and the hostess was about to see to her when the lady kindly pointed out that I had been waiting there first so I was finally seen to and shown to my table. (Perhaps as I'm Asian, she did not think it worth her while to attend to me.) My husband and I both had the smoked salmon as a starter, I had the duck for my main and my husband had the steak. The smoked salmon was ordinary, the duck was dry and the steak so so. For dessert, I had the carrot cheesecake which was the only good dish. Waiting staff were very brusque and not courteous. Conclusion: Avoid
- LovelylovetoeatVIPDined on 8/7/2014We had a lovely lunch during Restaurant Week. The food was very good, prepared nicely, and a number of choices were offered. We recommend the restaurant both for restaurant week and at other times.Special Features:
- What a treat!SeasideDined on 8/7/2014I had never dined at Petrossian before but I had always read wonderful reviews. Well it is all true. Everyone loved what they ordered. The food was fresh and the duck confit was delicious. Everything was cooked to perfection. Flawless is the only word I can think of.Special Features:
- Best Borscht!Elli69Dined on 8/6/2014Petrossian's Signature Borscht with Crème Fraiche and Pirojkis is a most exquisite light dish that pleases the eyes and taste buds.Special Features:
- Bad first timeGeseonaDined on 8/5/2014First time , and very bad impression of the place , never would go back , you paying money just for the name , not the food . Waste of time and money .
- GREAT RESTAURANTfoodloverDined on 8/5/2014The duck was amazing. Service was attentive. Nice and quiet so you can actually have a conversation. I will recommend this restaurant especially during Restaurant Week. Great deal.Special Features:
- Over ratedKandyDined on 8/4/2014I think for the price is Fair, Food is Good, Service not professional - when on restaurant week they didnt have rest wk menu- same as pre-fix $10 less? Ambience- inside is OLD, outside looks great building is very nice. Only time...will not go back
- MattAVIPDined on 8/4/2014We went for the Restaurant Week Lunch. Petrossian offered it's typical $38 lunch pre-fix for the $25 restaurant week price, and it was terrific.Special Features:
- Enjoyed it!NeNaVIPDined on 8/4/2014We had a good meal and the service was perfect. Will be back here any time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty restaurantstevenDined on 8/3/2014went for restaurant week and choices seemed good but a steak that is about 1/8 inch thick is a joke. sturgeon which another member had tasted stale. maybe their regular menu is better but won't take a chance after a disappointing mealSpecial Features:
- great decor, great foodeastgategirlDined on 8/3/2014The gorgeous art deco mirrors would be worth a visit just by themselves, but don't miss the food which is as outstanding as the decor.Special Features:
- Excellent RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014Very nice restaurant, superior service! Caviar and sturgeon dishes were very good. Excellent wine.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014We might have a high expectation. The service is fair but a little slow. I like the appetizers better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceebgfa859Dined on 8/1/2014The restaurant is just gorgeous and so was the food presentation. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. We went for Restaurant Week and it was a great experience.Special Features:
- rockchucker220Dined on 7/31/2014Everything was good except for the steak. Three of us (two women and one man) had steak and all three agreed that the steak was salty. The carrot cheesecake was out of sight. The first course (fish & lox) was outstanding. The fourth person had the Spanish mackerel and he said that it was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but bring your jacketquidamDined on 7/31/2014The restaurant served up some nice dishes on its restaurant week menu. I ordered the smoked trout and salmon for the appetizer - it was light and refreshing, and the fish was fresh. For the main entree, I had the pork loins which was decent but outshone by the carrot puree that came with it. Dessert was a delicious cheesecake. Given the good food, the service was average and make sure you are properly bundled up for the cold temperature.
- satisfiedgjgjDined on 7/31/2014always pass by the cafe,w ant to try the restaurant. good size not noisy. smoked salmon and duck both good too. dessert better than expected. we are happy and will back sometime soon.Special Features:
- No Reason to ReturnPurpleDotDined on 7/30/2014I've always wanted to try the Petrossian because of the lovely exterior of the building it is located in. I had such high hopes but, unfortunately, they were not met. The service is nothing to crow about. We asked to be moved to a table away from the distracting kitchen door and they said they were not able to do so despite the fact that there were numerous empty tables. We decided not to fuss because we figured an exceptional meal would make up for it. However, none of the food served to us proved to be great. The vongole was a little salty. The hanger steak and the duck were a bit overcooked. I'm glad I finally got to try this restaurant but I won't be returning anytime soon.
- Night outMarkDined on 7/30/2014I have been here on numerous occasion. Though the place is a nice room especially the building and interior it has somewhat of a cold feel. The hostess on several occasion can be cold to rude maybe not knowingly but comes across as not very welcoming The maître d is efficient but also a bit cold and too strict they need warm up their staff it feels very geared to corporate world. The food was good nothing exceptional though Can be nice if you are surrounded by warm friends and placed in a ice spot in the room. I have been placed on two occasion right in front of the entrance window which never felt special sort of like were you would put the people you care less about. Anyways I don't think I will visit this place soon-Special Features:
- unknownDined on 7/30/2014The food was excellent. The service was extremely professional and courteous. The waiter was very attentive and help us pick a wonderful wine to go with our dinner.Special Features:
- Could not have been better!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/30/2014We dined there as a family for a birthday and it was spectacular. Highly recommended. Delicious food and wonderful service. Really beautiful place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.