Petra Mediterranean Bistro
2501 4th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
Belltown / Pike Place Market
Middle EasternPrice: $30 and under
Petra Mediterranean Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.petrabistro.com/
- Phone: 2067285389
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00AM - 3:00PM, Saturday: 11:30AM - 3:00PM DINNER:Monday - Thursday. 4:30PM - 9:30PM, Friday & Saturday 4:30PM - 10:00PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Khal Beleh
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please check our web site for information on our catering, or call the restaurant and ask to speak to Khal.
- Private Party Facilities: Great food and exceptional service is the key to every successful event. Whether you are hosting a business function, party or just want to get together with family and friends, Petra Mediterranean Bistro can help ensure that your event is a memorable experience for all of your guests.
- Private Party Contact: Khal Beleh 2062716738
- Entertainment: Complementary Belly Dancing show every Saturday night at 7:30 PM. We also offer once a month Petra Music Nights with live music and band.
A word from Petra Mediterranean Bistro
Welcome to Petra Mediterranean Bistro your voyage to a world of Mediterranean cuisine; at Petra Bistro you will have the chance to experience the authentic tastes of Jordan, Lebanon, Greece, Turkey, and Northern Africa.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Petra Mediterranean Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (3)neighborhood gem (3)romantic (1)Show More
- A Great Belltown FindCelesteDined on 8/4/2014Excellent blend of exotic flavors. Their Mezze plate is listed as an appetizer but a great meal, too. Minor drawback: they only serve caffeinated Turkish coffee. Having a decaf option (coffee or espresso) would be nice. Small, cozy & quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Circus in my mouthkariglioDined on 7/15/2014Food is so good here, we keep coming back. Our favorite is the mezze plate and the lemon garlic chicken main course. Highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Food here is always deliciousnnn1VIPDined on 6/23/2014I go to this restaurant for dinner every time I go to Seattle. Food is unfailingly delicious; service, always excellent. I wish they would open a branch in Portland, OR, where I live!
- Horrible Servicealyson283Dined on 6/5/2014This was probably the worst dining experience I've had in many years. The food was mediocre and overpriced. Although the service started out being fantastic, when one of my friends told the manager that her food was so salty that it was inedible, the manager turned extremely rude and refused to fix the situation. Instead, he insisted that she pay for the food she clearly wasn't going to eat or be banned from the restaurant. Even though I walked in wanting to find a Mediterranean restaurant that I could frequent and bring others to, I cannot recommend a place where the manager and staff do not respond well to customer concerns.
- The following 70 reviews are from the Petra Mediterranean Bistro reviews archive.
- Mezza for life!FoodiewithabootyDined on 3/20/2014Always love coming here, takes me back to my neighborhood of East Dearborn back in Detroit. Where the Lebanese and Middle Eastern Cuisine dominates! This place is too legit to quit, the Veggie Royal is my personal favorite and the Mezza Platter is a must.Special Features:
- The food here is really well-preparjdeeVIPDined on 2/3/2014The food here is really well-prepared. The vegetarian platter is a taste treat of hummus, baba ganouj, falafel, dolmas, and rice, each with a distinct and very flavorful taste. The garlic shrimp is a garlic-lover's dream. Both times we have been here, service has been charmingly enthusiastic and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent excellence.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/14/2013Petra serves superb middle-eastern cuisine with its own special touches. Service is warm, prompt, and professional. This is a place where one can relax and depend on the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find in downtown SeattleILoveFrenchCuisineDined on 9/6/2013This is a lovely addition to the downtown dining scene. More casual and low key than the upscale restaurants around the retail core, but excellent food and top service. This is more of a neighborhood restaurant than fine dining. The food is outstanding and reminds me of the old Mediterranean Kitchen on Queen Anne. The baba ganouj was fabulous. Even though the restaurant was slammed on a Friday night, the service was very efficient and friendly. We didn't have to wait long periods between courses.Special Features:
- Small GemMidnightFrogDined on 8/22/2013Tucked away on a corner away from most of the rest of Belltowns foodie scene, Petra is a small gem. We were looking for something Mediterranean and decided to try Petra over Lola because reservations were available at our preferred time. Most of us had the Ouzi, which was simply spectacular! Yes, we'd go back just for that dish. Alas, we didn't try any small plates but I wish we had. Service was good and always made us feel attended to and the atmosphere was good, but wasn't anything special. I found the restaurant to be cold, so might be good to bring a small jacket to protect from overzealous AC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much garlicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2013We loved our dinners...lamb kebabs and prawn kebabs. Had some great rice on the plate and vegetables. The yogurt sauce on top was to die for. But we got home a few hours later and all we could taste was garlic. Still delicious, but I wouldn't recommend this as a place for a first date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Mediterranean food!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2013We LOVED, LOVED, LOVED this restaurant!!! I found it through YELP and we ordered Meza tray: Assortment of Hummus, Baba Ghanouje, Labnie, Olives, Falafel, and Dolmathes we also had the Petra Chicken Salad. The chicken is OUTSTANDING and we've tried a lot of Mediterranean food in several cities this is by far the BEST. My 9 year old was in heaven. We arrived around 5:30 and were surprised there was only one table occupied. We weren't sure why it was so empty during dinner time. By 6:15 the place was filled with eager diners and the service was great and fast! Don't miss this place it's a few blocks from the Space Needle too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/19/2013No problems with the reservation. We shared a scallop entree which was reasonable and a salmon kebab that was overlooked. I ordered a second beer and it took forever to arrive. They were not busy enough to explain poor service.Special Features:
- Very goodnah3maticsDined on 5/30/2013My fiance and I went there for a late dinner (about 9pm) and the food was great. I would recommend the Ouzi. Atmosphere was nice the neighborhood was somewhat quiet which made it better. Our server was very helpful and did not rush us out even though the restaurant closed at 930pm. He was very courteous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantZosanDined on 5/6/2013Everything was tasty, service was good and parking was easy in the neighborhood. Would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Delicious DinnerHappyDinerDined on 5/3/2013We have been to this restaurant 3 times now and have had a lovely time each time. The food is delicious. We have tried a number of things including the lamb schwarma, Calamari, dolmades, Baklava and a few of the other main dishes. Everything was yummy and the service quick and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is incredibly good,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/25/2013The food is incredibly good, so tasty and delicious, that we consider is a must in mid eastern cuisine. Service is good, and Petra is located in a nice neighbourhood.Special Features:
- We went to Petra after wegr8foodVIPDined on 4/22/2013We went to Petra after we decided to try something away from Pike Place Market and it was great. The service was excellent and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Always wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013This was our second visit and it was even better than we remembered! Food, drinks, and staff amazing!Special Features:
- I was blown away by Petra!RyanDined on 1/5/2013I was blown away by Petra! The service was absolutely fantastic, the food was great, and it was a good price. I took my girlfriend there for dinner and though it was busy, I feel like the service was supurb. I recommend this to anyone who likes mediterranean food and is looking for a great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Petra, like the city, is a wonder.gts1VIPDined on 12/7/2012First time eating at Petra. Won't be the last. Had an excellent meal. Party of 6, so we got to taste a variety of dishes. Had the hummus (how can you not) and the scallops, both terrific. The hummus is plentiful for sharing. Entrees included Taste of Africa, chicken & vegetable Shawarmas, lamb Shish Kabob, and Falafel. Every dish was plentiful in portion and robust in flavor. For dessert, we shared the Baklawa sampler with ice cream. A good time was had by all. Petra left us full and satisfied. Petra also won't break the bank.Special Features:
- GREAT JOB! The food was shortCharlieoVIPDined on 12/6/2012GREAT JOB! The food was short 1 star because the chicken I orders was very overcooked and dry. Flavor was awesome and that is the only complaint I have!
- The food was very tasty andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012The food was very tasty and our server was outstanding. She was fun, informative and very personable. It always makes for a more pleasurable experience when the server is so great!! And, on Sat evening they have a belly dancer who was fun to watch and stunning.Special Features:
- Love this place. Great flavorsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Love this place. Great flavors and very friendly menu for a gluten-free diner. Yum!Special Features:
- Great veggie options--theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/19/2012Great veggie options--the roast cauliflower was super tasty. The vibe is casual but warm, the service was pleasant and efficient, the food well seasoned and healthy, and the meal reasonably-priced.
- Tasty and IntimateOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/29/2012Delicious food. incredible flavors if you like this type of food. I try to eat there as often as possible. The eggplant dip was perfect as well as the other food. Never disappointed.Go there if you like this kind of food. Small, intimate and authentic. We got extra Baklava to go - home made and also fabulous.Special Features:
- We have been to Petra severalOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/12/2012We have been to Petra several times. It is a delight to have such great food mixed with wonderful service.Special Features:
- Excellent food, upbeat atmosphere,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2012Excellent food, upbeat atmosphere, superior server, great place to visit with friends.
- I love garlic! and if youOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2012I love garlic! and if you do too then this is the place to feast! this would have been the perfect place to eat family style because the portions are generous and there were lots of interesting dishes to share. I hope to go back with my husband at least and try a few more dishes.Special Features:
- Back to PetraLowellDined on 7/25/2012This was a repeat visit to Petra and we were not disappointed. We were greeted as soon as we entered and our table was ready for us. The service was pleasant and efficient, with a very sweet and conscientious server. The only slight negative was that they did not have a second bottle of the white wine we ordered. It always surprises me - I guess it shouldn't - that when a place has a very short wine list they don't have depth in stock. We enjoyed the mezze tray and the pita was excellent. The three of us enjoyed our entrees and agreed that it was an excellent meal and pleasant evening. We shall return.
- Excellent Food! Don't miss it!RhishiVIPDined on 7/6/2012Absolutely fabulous food Decent ambience Reasonable prices. Oh the food!!!! I can go there everyday. The mediterranean staples are just awesome. The rice is to die for.Special Features:
- Good food, friendly serviceRhishiVIPDined on 7/3/2012Very friendly service. Really good food if you are a vegetarian. The baba ghanouj, dolma and pita were great. The wine list is quite good. The falafel was okay and the chicken was not super juicy. Portions are huge so be careful while ordering. They were not hugely crowded even on Friday evening and it was easy to get a table.Special Features:
- Yum!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/29/2012Anything you order here is going to be delicious. Most entrees come with either soup or salad so their price per entree is a deal!Special Features:
- The babaganouj and hummusOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/26/2012The babaganouj and hummus are the best we've found in the city! Petra can be both romantic and kid-friendly. For kid-friendly go Sat night between 7 and 7:30 for the bellydancer. For romantic, go any other night.Special Features:
- Petra is not far from downtownMJ2EVIPDined on 5/18/2012Petra is not far from downtown Seattle but feels worlds away. Wonderful authentic Mediterranean food in a small, unpretentious setting. Try the hummus!Special Features:
- First time visiting PetraSamiazmachadoVIPDined on 5/12/2012First time visiting Petra Mediterranean Bistro, though I had heard great things about the restaurant. We were seated promptly and given some time to look at menu/drink options. Our server was very respectful and occasionally checked on us. The belly dancing show was a wonderful touch. The Taste of Africa and Lamb Kebabos were delicious. Will definitely go agaain.Special Features:
- Our experience at Petra wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2012Our experience at Petra was fine, but certainly nothing like the reviews I read. Perhaps we are spoiled with Turkuaz in Madrona. Portions were generous and food was fine. Staff was mediocre at best. We wont go back, but it was an ok dinner.
- Fit for a table of foodies!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/5/2012Petra was a wonderful find for our foodie group while visiting Seartle. They accommodated our group of 6 (and a larger group of 14 was dining at the same time!) in this cozy little bistro. The owner came out and talked with us - he was charming. The service was attentive & polite but not overbearing. The best part was, however, the food. Everything we had in our group was excellent, but honestly the lentil soup was the most amazing thing on the menu. It was simple & perfect. Will definitely go again when in town. The neighborhood is great & the walk is nice from downtown hotels. Grab a latte from the coffee house across the street & enjoy the walk back after dinner.Special Features:
- Love that yummy foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/5/2012Fabulous food, friendly informative waiter, just slow in getting the check.Special Features:
- The hummus alone is worthOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/4/2012The hummus alone is worth the trip! None better in the city!Special Features:
- Great Jordanian Food, HospitalityOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/20/2012Petra is one of the very best places in Seattle near the Seattle Center and Queen Anne neighborhoods. The Jordanian-inspired food is absolutely wonderful, the service is kind and gracious, and every care is taken to make one feel comfortable and relaxed. I return there often and am grateful to be able to do so.Special Features: