2653 Connecticut Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20008Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.petitsplats.com/
- Phone: (202) 518-0018
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer 4 private rooms with a fireplace.
- Private Party Contact: Cecile or Fred 2025180018
A word from Petits Plats
Petits Plats is a very pretty French bistro located in a town house directly across from the Woodley Park metro stop, the Marriott Wardman and Omni Shoreham Hotels. Step inside and you will find affordable delicious food in a very romantic atmosphere. On cold days, dining next to one of the 4 wood burning fireplaces is a nice touch. Summer time, enjoy the great view sitting outside in our private patio: watching the passersby on busy Connecticut avenue is a major amusement!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
Petits Plats - Best Restaurants in Woodley Park ›
Petits Plats reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (27)special occasion (18)romantic (16)notable wine list (13)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (8)good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- There for a convention thisOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/26/2009There for a convention this was a great neighborhood spot. My filet melted in my mouth. Was slow getting the check, had to chase it down, the only down spot.Special Features:
- The food was terrible – severalOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/20/2009The food was terrible – several dishes were greasy. Several courses with multiple ingredients were lost in the cooking process. The service was just OK and the room was cold. My wife and I will not visit again.
- Came with a group of eightOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/20/2009Came with a group of eight people and everyone thought the food and wine were great. Would definitely come back again.Special Features:
- ok...wont go back...fish wasOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/17/2009ok...wont go back...fish was greasy...pork ok...mussels a little over cooked...cute room..nice art...fireplace...
- This place is definitely aOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2009This place is definitely a find. Nearby "Open City" is becoming more and more mainstream and over-rated, so this is a nearby Woodley Park alternative for brunch! Scrumptious food and authentic French speaking servers. A great place for a large party or a romantic meal for two, this is a gem of a restaurant.Special Features:
- I went there for Valentine'sern3365Dined on 2/14/2009I went there for Valentine's Day with my sweetheart, because I wanted to find a small French Bistro, and that is exactly what we got. The wait staff was pleasant, coureous, knowledgeable... what more could you want? We had a 2006 Cotes du Rhone that was excellent, and the wait staff were great, there when youy wanted them, not there when you didn't.Special Features:
- To be fair, we went on ValentinesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2009To be fair, we went on Valentines Day which the restaurant had attempted to accommodate a large crowd. The food was not bad, but obviously staged for a crowd - like a banquet. Based on this experience, I would not return nor recommend. I have been there previously, and was looking forward to a quiet delightful meal.
- Great Dinner, great ambiance.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2009Great Dinner, great ambiance. For Valentine's Day, no better place.Special Features:
- Overall, not up to the pricesFanofculinaryartsVIPDined on 2/14/2009Overall, not up to the prices charged. Cute, but not a bistro. Though the website promised valet parking - critical in that neighborhood - it was not available for Valentine's Day evening. Huge inconvenience.
- Small and quaint, the veryOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 2/14/2009Small and quaint, the very top floor was perfect for a Valentine's dinner. The fixed price menu was well timed and well portioned. Definitely would love to go back and try the regular menu.Special Features:
- We went to dinner at PetitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2009We went to dinner at Petit Plats for Valentines Day and had a wonderful experience. The staff was polite and attentive and the food was outstanding! The wild mushroom ravioli was a great appetizer and the beer tenderloin was a great main course. We were even surprised at the new england clam chowder! The waiter reccommended two great wine selections. Great location just steps from the metro. We definetly return!Special Features:
- The restaurant was decoratedPatrickDined on 2/14/2009The restaurant was decorated with balloons and confetti for Valentine's Day, which might have been cheesy in any other restaurant but somehow seemed to fit here. The food was good, but not earth-shattering (and not very French), and the waiter was attentive. Despite it being Valentine's Day, we weren't rushed out the door right after finishing. I would recommend it as a place to get a nice, quiet meal in Woodley Park.Special Features:
- We had been to this restaurantKikiVIPDined on 2/7/2009We had been to this restaurant several times and have always enjoyed it. This time, however, the service was a bit too slow. However, the food and ambiance were still very good. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- Good service, attentive waitOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/30/2009Good service, attentive wait staff. Friendly and cozy.Special Features:
- Quaint little bistro. It hadOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/29/2009Quaint little bistro. It had a wood burning fireplace in the small dining room which added warmth and coziness Everything we ordered was really good. We especially enjoyed the sauteed calamari appetizer. Delicious.Special Features:
- The best restaurant in Washington,OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/23/2009The best restaurant in Washington, DC. Excellent food, very effective and friendly staff, warm and cozy decor.Special Features:
- Overall good experience. AOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 1/20/2009Overall good experience. A bit pricey and above the guide description, but the food was good, adequate portions and presentation outstanding. Service was terrific and other than a bit cold within the restaurant (cold draft), ambiance was great.Special Features:
- Good cuisine, very good service. ThOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/19/2009Good cuisine, very good service. The restaurant is very welcoming and I am likely to make another visit when in Washington DC. Bernard Laverge, BelgiumSpecial Features:
- The main courses were excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/3/2009The main courses were excellent, but the desserts were a little lacking. The wood burning fireplaces add a great ambiance. Overall, my wife and I really enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:
- Our small family group reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/28/2008Our small family group really enjoyed the welcoming and bright atmosphere as well as the friendly staff. Favorites on the menu included: mussels, French toast and really good coffee.
- Food and service were excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/23/2008Food and service were excellent! The desserts are fantastic!Special Features:
- One of my favorite restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/19/2008One of my favorite restaurants in DC. The service is always excellent and the specials always appetizing. The portions are just right and the desserts are worth it. The food is five star with a casual "homely" atmosphere.Special Features:
- Really authentic SE FrenchWorstVIPDined on 12/19/2008Really authentic SE French cuisine. Best French restaurant in DC! I go to Petits Plats often with my French fiancee, and we love it. Excellent and varied food, beef, poultry, veggie, all prepared with style. Nice ambience in a redecorated townhouse. And particularly, truly attentive service, from the cook to every server, care beyond the usual smile. And the plats are not petits at all!Special Features:
- A very nice authentic FrenchWVDinerVIPDined on 12/18/2008A very nice authentic French bistro. Food is very good, well prepared and well presented. I have been here in summer months and the out door setting is very nice - right on Connecticut Avenue - and in winter months and the fire place, maintained by an attentive staff, adds to the ambiance. This is a good choice.Special Features:
- Big party in same room madeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/13/2008Big party in same room made it very loud. Food was great - would go again.Special Features:
- It is a charming restaurant.KikiVIPDined on 11/29/2008It is a charming restaurant. The dining rooms are small and the noise level is low. The food is delicious and the service is excellent. It is a true gem!Special Features:
- Great restaurant. Each roomPaulVIPDined on 11/22/2008Great restaurant. Each room in this old Victorian is a separate dining room. Ours had a fireplace and 5 tables and was quite cozy. The food was excellent and the price was moderate and in line with similar restaurants. Make reservations!Special Features:
- Not a great "special" place,BethesdaRegularVIPDined on 11/20/2008Not a great "special" place, but very comfortable and pleasant with dependably good food. I like coming back here each time I do.Special Features:
- Great place. We were enthusiasticalLDDDDDDDDined on 11/15/2008Great place. We were enthusiastically welcomed and seated upstairs in one of the private rooms. The service was impeccable. I had the snails (so-so), the stuffed quail (out of this world) and the chocolate fondant (super!). Annie had the butternut squash soup (delicious), the bacon-wrapped scallops (wonderful) and too many helpings of my fondant. There was a good selection of wines; we had a savaungon and they gave us a tasting plate of small appetizers. Definitely worth coming back to.Special Features:
- A rare and warm fall eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/7/2008A rare and warm fall evening was a perfect chance to eat outside on the terrace at Petits Plats. The food was very good; the special appetizer sweetbreads were seasoned nicely, although a little overcooked. The braised beef cheeks were perfect -- tender enough to be cut with a fork and wonderfully salted, matched with a delicate red wine sauce. The Grand Marnier crepe dessert was sweet and fruity; a perfect way to end the meal. The service was excellent, friendly and attentive despite the restaurant being at full capacity. Being located across the street from the Metro stop makes this a perfect place to catch a nice and casual meal and drink before heading out to Adams Morgan.Special Features:
- Unpretentious, charming &OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/6/2008Unpretentious, charming & cozy small bistro run by a cheerful husband-wife team. Good classic comfort food, pleasant service, very reasonably-priced wine list and excellent value. Went for a leisurely 3-course dinner but am told the sandwiches on the lunch menu are phenomenal.Special Features:
- a perfect location for a quietOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/15/2008a perfect location for a quiet business lunch away from the conference noise and bustle across the street. the food was wonderful and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- I had beef bourgignon, whichmsAnnandaleVIPDined on 10/14/2008I had beef bourgignon, which was excellent. The wait staff seemed a bit harried but overall the luncheon experience was pleasant.Special Features:
- This was one of the worstOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/30/2008This was one of the worst restaurants I have EVER eaten at as a result of an OpenTable reservation. I was tempted to walk out in the middle of my meal because the staff was equally as terrible as the food.
- Dinner at Petits Plats wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/19/2008Dinner at Petits Plats was a real pleasure. We chose to eat inside but the al fresco tables were mostly full and looked inviting, too. The onion soup was very good and the entres were excellent - not small, at all - and beautifully presented. The service was attentive by 2 very pleasant young women and we also had the opportunity to meet the owner who took some time to chat with us and tell us about her restaurant. We selected a wine special which was very nice and the entire experience was very enjoyable. We were never rushed, the food arrived at exactly the right time and the dessert sampler we ordered was the perfect end to the meal. In an area full of choices, this is a keeper!Special Features:
- This was a "DC restaurantjohna2014Dined on 8/14/2008This was a "DC restaurant week" visit. I have had better meals and better service during regular visits.
- Sat outdoors -- it was Connecticutlv2baglVIPDined on 8/6/2008Sat outdoors -- it was Connecticut Ave (a bit noisy) but pleasant. Service was horrible! After 1 hour and 15 minutes, we had been served our soup, bread and wine. Salads, bisque, beef cheeks, mussels -- all very good. Tart tartin worst I've ever had!
- Dinner overall was wonderful.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/21/2008Dinner overall was wonderful. The lamb special I ordered was actually different than what I was served, which the server warned me about beforehand, but the lamb had quite a lot of fat, which was disappointing for the overall cost of the meal. However, it was still tasty. we will back.Special Features:
- We enjoyed this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2008We enjoyed this restaurant and recommend it highly. It was in an interesting D.C. neighbeorhood, and right across the street from our hotel. The food was very good, as was the service. It was a little bit of Paris in a lovely low-key way.Special Features:
- It is the second year in aKikiVIPDined on 7/13/2008It is the second year in a row that we have gone to Petits Plats to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It's perfect! The desserts are especially memorable.Special Features: