14390 Clay Terrace Blvd., Suite No. 150
Carmel, IN 46032Neighborhood:
Carmel / Westfield
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cafepatachou.com/
- Phone: 317-566-0765
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:30am, Saturday & Sunday: 8:00am - 11:30am; Lunch: Sunday & Monday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Petite Chou by Patachou® offers catering for business or social occasions. Choose sandwiches, soups and salads from the cafe menu or develop a unique customized menu for your event. Contact the Petite Chou by Patachou® manager or visit the Patachou, Inc. website at cafepatachou.com for more information.
A word from Petite Chou
Located in the open air lifestyle center of Clay Terrace in Carmel, Indiana, Petite Chou by Patachou® serves French-inspired breakfast, lunch and dinner. Petite Chou by Patachou® also features specialties including three varieties of chicken paillard; all-natural, Indiana-raised bistro-style rotisserie chicken; environmentally sustainable fresh fish and seafood; locally farmed and grass-fed beef, lamb and pork; pommes frites authentically prepared in duck fat; and a carefully selected champagne, wine and craft beer list. Inventive champagne cocktails using house made purees are custom made. Made to order crepes, tartines and omelets (using local farm-fresh eggs) are also available from open to close. A heated, dog-friendly covered outdoor seating area is open spring, summer and fall. Petite Chou by Patachou® is a beautiful gem of a restaurant, unique to Indiana. Carryout, business catering and customized, private events happily accommodated.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Petite Chou - Best Restaurants in Carmel / Westfield ›
Petite Chou reviews from OpenTable diners
42 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (25)great for outdoor dining (23)fit for foodies (22)great for lunch (22)neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (12)special occasion (11)kid-friendly (7)romantic (6)notable wine list (5)hot spot (3)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/12/2014Be prepared to wait 30 minutes or more with a reservation.Special Features:
- Always great foodIndysharkVIPDined on 10/3/2014Petite Chou never fails to deliver on really good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Book Club GroupOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/30/2014Our book club met here one evening; and had a great evening--able to hear one another as 7 of us discussed our monthly book after dinner. All enjoyed the evening; and staff was very helpful & attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just what the doctor orderedSassyCreativeDined on 9/29/2014Petite Chou offered our team a nice way to ease into the week together over brunch, an ever supply of warm coffee, healthy, locally grown eats and no interruptions. The only improvement--in our case--would have been access to a public wifi network. :) My favorite omelet in Indy is at Petite Chou/Patachou--and this one didn't disappoint. The service was responsive to our need and the concept--an Americanized bistro like I frequented in many business trips to Paris--was a great way to start the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good choicewelbyVIPDined on 9/27/2014would come again, bistro like setting, food was excellent and nice crepes for desertSpecial Features:
- CharmingNurseChaChaDined on 9/5/2014This is a little gem in Clay Terrace. The ambiance is French and the food is fresh and so good. We had iced tea and the omlet special. Very good. Nice place to meet a friend for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites in IndyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/24/2014Petite Chou never disappoints!!! We have been here many times, and it is always delicious food and wonderful friendly service. We brought some out of towners and new to towners with us to enjoy Sunday brunch. A great time was had by all! Our server was so friendly and our large party didn't phase her one bit. Food came out hot and yummy like it always does :)Special Features:
- Great, but why make a reservation?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014Our food and server were both outstanding, but prior to being seated we waited for more than 30 minutes (despite making a reservation through Open Table). When I checked in promptly at our scheduled time, my name was put on the list along with everybody else who was waiting. I had to ask the host two times when we were going to be seated, but he was never able to provide an answer and offered no apology. The service leading up to being seated could use improvement, but our server was A+.Special Features:
- Creative FoodIndysharkVIPDined on 8/8/2014We keep trying different things and they all are fantastic. I guess we will just have to keep coming back for more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- D's Birthday LuncheonLuv2eatoutDined on 8/8/2014This was a birthday luncheon among old friends and we never felt pressured to order or leave. Service was great and food equally great. This group didn't want drinks but in the past we have ordered from the bar and we enjoyed the drinks. I would definitely bring other friends/family here for lunch or special occasions. I will try it in the evening sometime but I know it is wonderful during the day time. I look forward to more great meals and gatherings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening outside!moms4VIPDined on 8/2/2014We enjoyed our dinner outside on the patio. The beets & goat cheese were a hit for my husband. I enjoyed the chicken paillard with lemon sauce as it was nice and light and perfect for a summer's dinner.Special Features:
- No reservation?kaytee2121Dined on 7/29/2014We enjoy this restaurant very much. Our 18 yr old vegetarian daughter struggles a bit to find non meat items. We had to wait for a table when we arrived, because the restaurant didn't have a reservation for us. I thought I forgot to finalize it but it was on the history list when we arrived home. We only had to wait about 15 minutes; ordinarily I think the wait would have been longer but a horrific thunderstorm at the time of our (non) reservation kept the crowd away.Special Features:
- Our "go to" placeHoosierTravelerDined on 7/26/2014Already one of our favorites, we chose this place to celebrate my wife's birthday. Mike took great care of us and, when we hadn't seen him in a while, his manager came by to check on us. We were surprised with a birthday pyrotechnical display that made our night special. I thought the music was a little loud, but that is probably just me. (Although, for me, I would rather just hear the sounds of a restaurant vs. overhead music). Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodKathyVIPDined on 7/15/2014Wonderful as always abd waiter excellent. Had a table of children seated next to us so very loud abd hard to carry on a conversation. Food always too notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls LunchCarmeliteDined on 7/14/2014My group of workout friends recently met at Petite Chou for a summer lunch. I made the reservation through Open Table and that made things super easy. We all agreed that the food was delicious ( especially the Farmstand Salad.) Service was quick and friendly. I have eaten there many times before but this was the first time for others in the group. I always see children there and often someone is celebrating a birthday with a sparkler cake. It is one of my favorite local places to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Champagne bar is a big hit!LarryBDined on 7/12/2014We began our dinner with a great bottle of dry champagne and the 5 "cave" cheeses as an appetizer. The entree selection, though limited, offers enough choices for any diner. The gelato choice sundae we shared was also excellent!Special Features:
- DisappointedTorian0319VIPDined on 7/11/2014This was our first time at the restaurant. I love French food, so we were excited. However, the menu selection had very little variety and nothing exciting. I had the salmon that was cooked well, but the side and accompanied garnish was not good. Dessert was very disappointing. I have had better meals at fast food places. I will say that the kids meals were very tasty. My girls had the mac and cheese and grilled cheese. We will not visit this restaurant again.Special Features:
- Poor managementOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014Beautiful evening so reserved outdoor table; we were on time but they gave it away to a couple who walked in just ahead of us with no reservation. Inside dining area has mediocre aesthetics. Left and went across the street to Prime 47 and had an outstanding experience and meal. You should try it.Special Features:
- The following 177 reviews are from the Petite Chou reviews archive.
- Great FoodIndysharkVIPDined on 6/11/2014They have a menu that changes periodically to open up a few new treasures for your taste buds. The combination of new items and old favorites makes picking a meal a challenge (a good problem to have!).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food poor choice musicbjdesignerDined on 5/27/2014Background music was poor choice - more for the staff than clientele. When asked to have it changed or turned down nothing was done and we were one of the few tables indoors that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch ClubFoodieDined on 5/6/2014Went here for a work celebration lunch outing. Had a reservation. Took about 10 mins to be seated. Place was quite packed at noon. Server was wonderful and attentive. Some people had burnt bacon/potatoes in their omlettes but the manager came by and took those off our bill. I have been here several times before and never had any issues of burnt food. Why the chef decided to put those in I will never know. You couldn't even ct the potatoes they were so burnt. Highly reccomend the cinnamon toast. It was excellent. Would go back again and just avoid anything with bacon/potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much excellent foodSweetfoodieVIPDined on 5/3/2014We had a lovely meal at Petite Chou. The pomme frites were wonderful, I had the monk fish which was delicious. I also had the beets with goat cheese, another wonderful choice, excellent the next day as well. My husband ordered the croque Monsieur, which he enjoyed that evening and the next day. We did order dessert, anything with chocolate sauce is fabulous. I had the crepe,and he had the profiteroles. The staff is great and we had a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, genuine French cuisineBrandonDined on 5/2/2014Very pleased to find an authentic and high-quality French restaurant in Indianapolis. Locally sourced meats are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a chance of a returnBWFZDined on 4/19/2014We arrived at Petite Chou and were "greeted", taken to a dirty table by a window that was dirty as was the sill (pieces of food in the window sill). We were handed menus that had food and drink stains on them and were dirty. We were told our server would be with us in a minute and we waited and waited. The server did not greet us, pour our waters and said he would be back to get our order, not once did he welcome us, tell us about specials and to top it off he went to the table next to us and started a conversation with those guest (who had been seated there about 10-15 minutes less than us) We left and will not return.
- Exception Service on Special DateHoganDined on 4/19/2014I took my wife as a detour before her surprise bday party. I told the manager in advance and he insured we had a great time and the bill was delivered on time so we could hit the party at the right time. The waiter was excellent and made great recommendations while not giving away the surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Carmel local gem - a must !!!!FoodjunkieDined on 4/18/2014Our regular breakfast brunch venue. Highly recommended. They also server evening meals. Deserts are fab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite local restaurant2momN1kidDined on 3/29/2014Friendly and inviting. We always love eating here. Good variety and one of the best burgers in town. Kids love it too. Though our daughter loves the breakfast the most, I have to say we do too. Have had over 100 meals here and most have been Sunday breakfast. Broken yolk sandwich and creeps are my favorite. For dinner we enjoy the rotisserie chicken, burgers, and the filet is small but a nice cut. I'm even a fan of the crab cakes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedRoxieChowDined on 3/15/2014This is my second encounter with Petite Chou at Clay Terrace. Ordered from special "Northside Nights" menu, and wish we hadn't. Initially, the server suggested a special red wine. We are not wine drinkers. When we declined, she left. We did want cocktails. When she returned much later, we asked her if could order some? Mussels were one of the three choices on the special menu. The mussels did not taste fresh. The Provencal sauce was heavy with butter. The skirt steak entrée was decent. The chicken pallard, one of their standard dishes was wonderful. The kitchen was slow to bring out food. This was totally different from our first experience. During our first experience everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful food, delightful eveningNancTDined on 3/15/2014A friend with local ties recommended Petite Chou to me and at first I balked because it's in a shop community setting, but I love french food and I'm so glad I went. We had a special 3 course menu and thoroughly enjoyed it. Everything was interesting and delicious. We saw couples, families, and large groups all enjoying the restaurant. Nicely done.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Timers will Return!LawgoddessVIPDined on 3/8/2014We've visited other restaurants in this group but Saturday night dinner at Petite Chou was our first experience there. We loved it! It's a nice space; food and service were both very good. We both made selections from the "North Side Nights" menu and were not disappointed. I'm sure that Petite Chou will become one of our regular go-to restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent seafood entrees.OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/1/2014Excellent seafood entrees. One note, Bar ran out of the 2 different beers we ordered after one serving, then they ran out of the wine I selected. Food was excellent though.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choiceACR3Dined on 3/1/2014Took my wife here for Valentine's Day. It was such a hit we went back the next time we ate out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Saturday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2014We had a group of 8 for an 11:15 brunch on a Saturday morning. The reastaurant was full but the food and service was as if we were the only people there. The food was excellent. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girl's Night OutJaniceVIPDined on 2/20/2014We were celebrating a friend's birthday. Petite Chou is a great place for a girl's night out. They even brought her a complimentary special dessert for her celebration. Dinner was lovely.Special Features:
- Decent but loudsigifergVIPDined on 2/19/2014The food was great, the interior ver nicely done, service was good. But it was just tooo loud for my taste. We could barely carry on a conversation despite the place being half empty. I don't know if it was because they had all of us sitting close together, or if it was the tables behind us, but it was just wayyyy too loudSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure I would go back whenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014Not sure I would go back when they have a limited menu as they ran out of things earlySpecial Features:
- Not what I expected...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2014I selected this restaurant for Valentine's day, it was one of the few that still has reservations last minute and now I know why. They had a limited menu and it was overpriced for what you get. My Fiance got the beef tenderloin and typically when we spend $30 for a steak you get at least 6 oz. This was overcooked and maybe 4 oz. They were out of the 2 other things we wanted for dinner so we weren't super impressed from the beginning. I love Cafe Patachou so I figured this would be a great place. It is basically Cafe Patachou with a couple of chandeliers and a french inspired dinner menu.. This may be a place we go some afternoon to get wine and a cheese plate but that's about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun Service and Great FoodIndysharkVIPDined on 2/15/2014Pair really good food with exceptional service and you have a keeper. Add to that a server who was having fun and connected weth her customers..... It was a great dinner and evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy valentine's day...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/15/2014Had a great meal on Saturday , the day after Valentine's Day, but everything, especially the special menu, was great!! Worth the trip from the Northeastside!Special Features:
- Valentine's DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/14/2014Incredibly creative chef! I believe the best I've experienced in Indiana.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.