Petite Bistro & Wine Bar
344 17th Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T2S 2V1Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Petite Bistro & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.petiterestaurant.ca/
- Phone: 4034525350
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00 pm - 12:00 am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jared Alvey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Contact email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: Reservations 4034525350
A word from Petite Bistro & Wine Bar
Traditional French meets Modern Canadian at the new Petite Bistro and Wine Bar. Petite offers a warm, contemporary environment that is casual and unpretentious. Award winning chef Jared Alvey gives a creative twist to the classically based French cuisine. Visit us at our new location at the corner of 4th St & 17th Ave SW. Petite is a favorite destination for wine-lovers, and the perfect place to enjoy a great meal with family and friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Petite Bistro & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2012Has gone way down hill since it moved from its quaint 10 St location and with a new chef. My halibut was way overlooked and over salted. It was almost tough. The puréed potatoes were tasteless and like glue. My partners med rare filet had not hint of pink - it was clearly medium to medium well done. The ambience inside was not up to par with a Moxies and the patio was noisy with a high glass wall and very few other decorations. I will not be going back.
- Great food at reasonable prices.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/18/2012Great food at reasonable prices. We've been several times and always enjoyed the meal.Special Features:
- Six of us arrived at thisSlikDined on 7/18/2012Six of us arrived at this oxymoron restaurant where it's size was no where's near it's name Petite. Anyways the food and wine menu although not extensive was adequate. Service was attentive and at the right level. The food was very good. I had the brined pork and it was excellent. Others had the halibut and chicken and everyone was very satisfied. Even the bread pudding was excellent. I highly recommend this restaurant to others and will be back.Special Features:
- The server was not the mostyeejulDined on 7/17/2012The server was not the most friendliest and even when we had asked for more bread, she had said we require to order our main entrees before we can have any bread. Then the bread was not warm at all. The White halibut that I ate was overcooked. Overall not a very good experience.
- Petite is a great little restaurantVinPrincessDined on 7/15/2012Petite is a great little restaurant, with a focus on well prepared locally sourced food. We were there for the Sunday Set menu, and it did not disappoint. Interesting preparation and presentation, as well as great flavours and attention to detail, we will be back very soon!Special Features:
- Went to original Petite andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/14/2012Went to original Petite and something is missing in new local. Not the same feel. Kinda like the Keg trying hard to be cool
- food quality excellent. WineDaveVIPDined on 7/10/2012food quality excellent. Wine menu very good. kitchen seemed overworked despite the restaurant being half full.Special Features:
- I thought that the food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/3/2012I thought that the food was good, but was not great. I was looking for something special for a birthday and it fell a bit short.
- This was our first time toYYCrunnerDined on 7/3/2012This was our first time to the new location and while it is no longer 'petite', it still had a good feel since the dining room had some built in separators with raised booths. We were there on a quieter evening but I could see it being noisy on a busy evening. For starters we had scallops- small portion with just two medium sized but grilled to perfection and beef tartare which was done nicely with homemade chips on the side. The halibut was fantastic and the blueberry compote was a surprisingly nice complement. The tuna was seared perfectly and a large portion but we didn't care for the bits of celery mixed into the wild rice. On the whole a good dining experience. I am sure that we will return.Special Features:
- Food and service were excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/29/2012Food and service were excellent, and staff surprisingly tolerant. My party of 2 didn't order much, just entrees, dessert and one round of cocktails. Some wait staff would be tempted to hustle us out the door, but not at Petite. Their patient wait staff were still pouring us water, 45 minutes after I paid our relatively modest bill. I will be back, preferably when I don't need to drive, so that I can really explore the wine menu. Of course the food was perfect. And the servers were not indignant when my partner asked for salt, which was quickly delivered in a small bowl - no salt shakers here.Special Features:
- Great food, except dessertOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/29/2012Had a wonderful meal at Petite with some friends on a Friday night. We made reservations but it wasnt that busy inside the restaurant. The patio was busy, but it was a nice night. Overall the food was great, my only complaint was that the dessert menu was small and the dessert I ordered wasnt very good (chocolate tart). After such a fantastic meal it was a sad ending. Otherwise great!Special Features:
- On a rainy Saturday, we enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/23/2012On a rainy Saturday, we enjoyed superb food - halibut, steak and gnocchi and great service. Food was served hot and the presentation was lovely. We have all agreed that a return visit is necessary.Special Features:
- Excellent food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2012Everything was really good, however the area where a big group was seated got very warm and there wasn't much air flow in it. The table was way too wide, and I will say it again it was way to wide. One could not have a conversation with anyone across the table from you once more people were in the restaurant as the noise level got to loud and you couldn't hear the other person. The table is almost square so in order to put a big group into that space they had to make the table almost as wide as it is long, which is not good for conversations or discussions. I would go back there because the food and service was awesome but not with more than four people.Special Features:
- Second VisitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/9/2012Our second visit in the new location. Food is terrific...Atmosphere getting better. Watch those wine prices.... Lots of parking out back!Special Features:
- The food was absolutley fabulous.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/8/2012The food was absolutley fabulous. They have a great wine list and very reasonably priced.Special Features:
- It was my second time to PetiteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2012It was my second time to Petite and both times the service was less than stellar. The restaurant was not busy and we found our server to be very inattentive.....we kind of felt ingored. The food was good although the dessert that I ordered for the second time was not as good as the first time I had it. Too many good restaurants in Calgary to suffer bad service a third time......don't think I will be returning.
- Sunday set menu is a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/3/2012Sunday set menu is a great value. Excellent food prepared with thought and care accompanied with gracious service.Special Features:
- Licked my plate cleanOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2012Outstanding food and service! I will be going back !Special Features:
- Petite was one of the bestVinPrincessDined on 5/30/2012Petite was one of the best dining experiences I have had in a long time. This was the first chance I had to visit the new location and I was completely impressed with the service, decor and most importantly the food. Each dish our table ordered was well prepared, well timed and absolutely delicious! We cannot go back soon enough, what a great addition to busy 17th Ave.Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/28/2012Food was great, the waiter Greg was very professional!
- Food was excellent. AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2012Food was excellent. Atmosphere is fun. Unfortunately the waiter forgot to bring my appetizer - when the main course arrived I had to remind him that I had not received (and at that point did not want) my appetizer. I was surprised we didn't at least get a free round of drinks to make up for the error.Special Features:
- Perfect place for an anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/25/2012Perfect place for an anniversary dinner for two. Food was delicious. Interesting dishes I would never make at home.Special Features:
- Food was FABULOUS and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2012Food was FABULOUS and the service was impecable. I would most definitely recommend and come back!Special Features:
- Truffle oil anyone?OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2012Somewhat disappointed as I read rave reviews about the place, perhaps expectations were too high. Emphasis on truffle oil, so if you like that, you'll like the food. There were only two of us dining and the server needed to write down our order, which was minimal; this displays to me a low level of skill. Simply, I think the prices are high for what you get.