Petite Auberge Restaurant
2935 N. Druid Hills Road
Atlanta, GA 43276Neighborhood:
Druid Hills / Emory
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Petite Auberge Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.petiteauberge.com/
- Phone: (404) 634-6268
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner:Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, French
- Executive Chef: Anthony Gropp
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For off-site dining options, Petite Auberge delivers superior catering services within and around Atlanta. We provide a wide range of dining styles and menus to suit any occasion, from casual buffet-style meals to more formal sit-down dinners. We have extensive experience with corporate catering including accommodating dining needs for meetings and training sessions, as well as providing daily employee dining services.
- Private Party Facilities: Our banquet facilities are an ideal and affordable solution for wedding receptions, reunions and other gatherings. Capable of hosting a range of event sizes and dining styles, our facilities include two private dining rooms and a variety of menus from which to customize your affair.
- Private Party Contact: Michael Gropp or Anthony Werren 4046326468
A word from Petite Auberge Restaurant
For almost 35 years, Petite Auberge has served fine French cuisine and Continental classics to a discriminating Atlanta clientele. Nestled away in a quiet corner of the Toco Hill Center, this Atlanta French restaurant keeps its guests coming back with such favorites as Beef Wellington, Chateaubriand, Rack of Lamb, award-winning bread pudding, and many more. It was 1974 when the Gropp Family fulfilled a lifelong dream and opened Petite Auberge. At the heart of Petite Auberge is our distinctive cuisine and renowned service. Guests enjoy their meals in a romantic, candlelit dining room with the attentive service of our professional staff. A spectacular wine list, boasting over 80 varieties from France, Italy, Australia, and California, offers perfect companions for any dish.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Petite Auberge Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (8)special occasion (6)romantic (5)fit for foodies (3)good for groups (3)late-night find (1)great for lunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- What took us so long?Birdygirl1007Dined on 11/14/2014Loved the menu- some old-timey menu items and sauces. We got the scallops with mashed potatoes and the crispy trout with gnocchi- loved both - what I loved the most was the four seasons salad with tomato vinaigrette - yum. Soloist singing added to the evening. A casual atmosphere too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good value for french foodforteDined on 11/7/2014My wife wanted to go here for the beef wellington. It was indeed a treat and great food for the value. I ordered lamb rack, it was OK - a bit overcooked and a bit on the blend side but still good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty!GunnerDined on 11/7/2014Visit the Petite Auberge for class & food. Our party was served well with several delicious dishes inspired by fine European cuisine, especially three from Austria and Germany. For what we received, the prices were reasonable. This restaurant has real class as a white-linen-tablecloth establishment that is at once elegant and unpretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Annual anniversary celebrationBubbie1VIPDined on 8/28/2014Always have great service and good food. A bit disappointed that they were out of the trout almondine, my favorite. But, getting 40% off, since it was their 40th anniversary, made up for disappointment. Complimentary dessert always appreciated, and since their salads are so ample, we often split one.... And they do NOT have a "splitting" charge. It is a wonderful place to go for special occasions.... Or ANY occasions! We also choose it because it is on Open Table. Never have to wait..... Love that!Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningArnieDined on 8/27/2014This is a very nice restaurant for French-German food. The restaurant is very quiet. The service was excellent. The food has been consistently very good on all of our visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodHappyhusbandVIPDined on 8/23/2014Good menu selection, great food & service. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Renovation!DesiPeachDined on 8/11/2014Petite Auberge consistently serves delicious meals and it's even more enjoyable with the fabulous renovation. Go check out this longstanding Atlanta restaurant. Also, add time to sample from their oil and vinegar boutique.
- 2eatornot2eat???OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2014The food and service were good. That's it-just good.The 4 of us enjoyed our meals because we had not seen each other in a while and had a lot to discuss.The food was really very average and overpriced for what was served, and presentation was lacking. It appeared they were understaffed as we had to wait quite a while to even get a server to our table so we could order drinks. They were preparing for a small group and we joked perhaps we should pretend we were part of the group so we could get service. It is a nice neighborhood restaurant but don't expect anything exceptional to come out of the kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 126 reviews are from the Petite Auberge Restaurant reviews archive.
- RomanticSatisfiedDined on 7/15/2014This place was chosen for a romantic evening and totally fit the bill.Special Features:
- A great place to dine.DrSevenDined on 7/15/2014Went here for dinner on a Tuesday night. The atmosphere was relaxed, the lighting brighter than most fancy restaurants, so I could read the menu without squinting. The service was friendly and courteous, and the food was excellent. We tried a Chilean Sea Bass and a Filet Mignon, both of which were delicious. The wine was good, though I am no connoisseur of fine wines. Overall, a great experience, and I will definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeNightout1Dined on 6/30/2014I have eaten at many restaurants over the years but have rarely encountered one as good as this one. ALL of the fOod was excellent, service was great. Price was reasonable. Try it you won't be sorry.Special Features:
- PETITE AUBERGECALGALDined on 6/25/2014GREAT FOOD, SERVICE AND RESTAURANT. THE ESCARGOT, PATE, CHÂTEAUBRIAND AND BAKED ALASKA WERE DELICIOUS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Petite AubergeAnonymousDined on 6/14/2014We had a very enjoyable dinner - the food was excellent as was the wine list. Excellent service, the waiter was well informed about the menu and wines. The atmosphere was comfortable and the dining area was quiet - making for good conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tired and not very goodRandRVIPDined on 6/7/2014I rarely do poor reviews....the wait staff are fine but the food just isn't very good. I went thinking maybe it'd be good old fashioned French cuisine. Sometimes I like old fashioned fare or the "classics". At these prices you can get much better. Poor cuts of meat, gloopy sauces, boring vegetables. It's mostly older clientele who have probably been going for decades and I imagine they are the reason why it survives, and it's not busy....but there is no excuse for bad food. I feel sorry for the wait staff. Nothing was good. If you are a foodie, in a great food city like Atlanta, be warned. Avoid.
- A better experience this timefoodexplorerDined on 5/24/2014Was there about a month ago and was disappointed with the food. This time I had sea bass and was delighted. Berne, the lovely singer, really makes the evening special.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rack of Lamb and Beef WellingtonDevonDined on 5/22/2014Both served piping hot and full of flavor. Generous servings. 4 seasons salad is a great starter.Special Features:
- As always-- consistently good!Bubbie1VIPDined on 5/3/2014Took our friends there to celebrate their 55th anniversary; and it was the perfect place: great food, sweet ambience, good service, nice background music (not too loud. We were able to carry on a decent conversation.) Portions more than ample. Some of us split salads and entrees. Our waitress surprised us with Baked Alaska when she heard we were celebrating. Been going there for almost 30 years and will continue to do so.Special Features:
- Great Find!!!FoodLoverDined on 4/23/2014My wife and I were looking for near a restaurant nearby Emory Hospital to celebrate the successful completion of her eye surgery. We found Petie Auberge from open table and were delighted that we tried it. Excellent hearts of Palm salad, beef Wellington and north Georgia, Trout Almondine. service was attentive but not overbearing. German dishes on the menu look appetizing for a future visit and my wife enjoyed time tasting and purchasing olive oils at there Olive Oil Bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really enjoyed Petite Aubergeluv2eatDined on 4/18/2014We really enjoyed our dinner at Petite Auberge. The service was extremely attentive, the food was presented very attractively, and we enjoyed every bite. We started with the shrimp cocktail which had 5 or 6 huge shrimp. The spinach salad was presented beautifully and was ample. The rack of lamb had 4 generous pieces cooked to perfection. We were able to get the double baked potato instead of the mashed potatoes and we were also given the option to chose the asparagus instead of the green beans, so it appears that you can choose whatever sides are available. Prices were reasonable. The rolls were warm, served with delicious dipping oil. We celebrated a birthday and had two desserts on the house. I highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Excellent Dinner!!Lexus2VIPDined on 4/5/2014As always, an excellent experience! Twin lobster tails are always a good choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything we ordered wasSteveDined on 3/25/2014Everything we ordered was well prepared. The staff was very personable and attentive. In addition to the restaurant, the Oil and Vinegar Boutique was nice and we purchase several bottles of high quality olive oils.Special Features:
- No surprises herefoodexplorerDined on 3/22/2014Haven't been to this restaurant in over 20 years and the food is as mediocre as I remember it. The best part of the evening (besides the group of friends that accompanied me) was the singer, Berne Polikoff. So nice to have a local place like this to go; just wish the food was better.
- Neighborhood GemRednewtDined on 3/17/2014We have been eating at Petit Auberge for years and go there regularly when we are in town. It is a great place for groups yet still quiet enough for my elderly mother to enjoy. The food is reliably good and the staff is always pleasant.Special Features:
- FrenchDavidADined on 3/15/2014I love good French food, My soup was fairly good but my rack of lamb was only fair, quite fatty and little taste. I ordered a frozen ice cream crepe for desert but the crepe was so tough (like it was old) that I couldn't cot it with a fork.Special Features:
- Delicious!!warrencDined on 3/1/2014My wife and I had such a grand time. The food was to die for and the service was impeccable. I'm truly hook on the menu selections. Surely will be bring friends along for the experience. Also will be speading the word. I love the taste of the beef medallion in a crusted pastry my wife had and i had the chicken cordon bleau. Everything was UMM!! Topped off the night with a white peach creme brulee. Need I say more!!!Special Features:
- Some good some not so good?redwardsgaDined on 3/1/2014Decor lovely, live music very nice service good, food middle of the road. F/onion GREAT! Hearts of Palm Salad tasty and presented beautifully. White wine selection could be larger but our Kir Royals were wonderful before dinner. Dinner main courses were warm ( may have been sitting before delivery). Avoid the Lobster Tails ! I was offered a replacement dish but did not accept as it would have thrown off the dinning with others at my table. The management comped our three deserts which was very nice and appreciated. We will dine here again. I truly believe the kitchen was having a bad night as we have dined here in the past with superb food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful evening!Lexus2VIPDined on 3/1/2014We took our grandchidren here, also ,,,age 8 and 9. Though the average age here is 70.....a PERFECT special night! Special for all of us!Special Features:
- Truly a bright spot for theOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014Truly a bright spot for the area. Service a little slow but valentines weekend. Much improved in every other waySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went for our 48th and theOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/19/2014Went for our 48th and the service made it a very special evening. Hadn't been there in many years, but will be going back on regular basis.Special Features:
- Romantic EveningFoodie2Dined on 2/17/2014We loved our meal and the service was very attentive. Especially liked learning about their specialty oils and vinegars. Purchased some oil for use at home and it is " to die for" good!Special Features:
- This is not French foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/15/2014We picked this restaurant because it had the bouillabaisse on the menu. This is a dish from South of France with a mix of flavors and spices and I love it. What they served should not have been called bouillabaisse. It was a flavorless fish stew. My husband ordered the chicken cordon bleu and it looked more like a corn dog version of chicken cordon bleu. The manager came to our table and was very pleasant about it though. The final straw was the singer with the accoustic guitar singing Puff the magic dragon. I do not recommend this place at all, if you're looking for a good French restaurant. This is not it. Overall very disappointing.
- Food is always great and servicelinda1947Dined on 2/15/2014Food is always great and service is great. We always enjoy this restaurant. Great to take friends and have great food and a nice conversation without feeling rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet night in a French restaurantBrandonDined on 2/10/2014My wife and I live across the street from the Toco Hill Shopping Center, and had been saying for years we would go to Petite Auberge. We finally went and really enjoyed our dinner. We were literally the only people in the restaurant. I felt silly saying we had a reservation so I could get OpenTable points, the manager just looked at me and chuckled. The waiters were both excellent. They have both French and German food available, and serve you outstanding bread and olive oil while you wait. The place looks like it could use a major renovation on the inside, the inside shows its age very clearly. We will definitely try it again.Special Features:
- Consistently very goodArnieDined on 1/27/2014My wife and I have dinner here at least once or twice a year, usually to celebrate one of our birthdays or our anniversary. Both the food and service have always been consistently very good. Prices are reasonable for a nice dining experience. We highly recommend this restaurant for anyone looking for a nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre Food, Poor ServiceHollDined on 1/25/2014We dined at Petite Auberge for the first time last week. We had made a reservation and when we arrived we were seated in what I termed "Siberia." We were far away from any other occupied tables in an area of the restaurant with much less ambiance. We never really figured out who our waiter was as we had one person take our orders and another do everything else. I ordered french onion soup to start with but never received it (and never saw a waiter to ask about it until our food arrived). My filet was very tender and my husbands lamb was good but our sides were very basic (steamed veggies and mashed potatoes). Food was mediocre to good but the service was terrible and we never felt welcome. Won't be returning...
- Always wonderful dinner!Lexus2VIPDined on 1/25/2014We have been coming here for years and always have a fabulous dinner and service. Highly recommend !We always appreciate the wonderful food, service and ambience at Petite Auberge. Mark is a wonderful server....and bus people are excellent and always attentive. The entertainment is a wonderful treat and such an excellent enhancement! Thank you for providing another wonderful evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oldie but goodieSonnyStanDined on 1/18/2014Very traditional menu. Food was good but not memorable. Very quiet which was a nice change compared to the new hep places which are usually very loud. We were looking for a good reasonably priced place to dine and chat with our friends and it was perfect for that. If you are looking for a "cool place" this is not it.Special Features:
- Service was unusually slow.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/11/2014The food here is superb, and the service is always attentive. Something was missing tonight. Maybe it was the wedding reception taking up our servers time, but usually the service is excellent. Just an off night this time. Will be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliableRednewtDined on 1/11/2014This is one of the most reliable restaurants I know about. It has been a nice place to go for years. The food is good, the atmosphere is nice and the noise level is usually low enough to communicate with everyone at your table. I have never had a function here but when were dined there was a graduation in one room and a wedding reception in another and we still had a nice meal with good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good French foodtedwDined on 12/26/2013Nice Christmas decorations. Service day after Christmas was slow few patrons. Took several minutes to get drink & first course snails were not served individually all in one pastry shell/dish. Very good to my surprise. mushroom salad great flavor thought should have had more than 1 type mushroom. Great lamb rack, great Beef Wellington great prices. daughter did not like veal Marseille, had an Oriental flavor, Bordeaux sauce was used instead of a Marsala wine? leftover really good. 1 dessert bland; cream brulee peach flavor, choc mousse really good rich.party of five enjoyed them, will go back for special occasion drive is 20 miles from home, was a nice change from the few table cloth restaurants we have locally. good wine at a good priceSpecial Features: