12409 Biscayne Blvd.
North Miami, FL 33181Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.petitrougebistro.com/
- Phone: 3058927676
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch : Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Neal Cooper
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Contact Chef Neal Cooper 305-892-7676
A word from Petit Rouge
Experience the charm of an arroindismont 6 bistro with the intimate Petit Rouge, a jewel box of savory fare. Neal Cooper, visionary culinary craftsman has applied his skills to modern American, northern Italian and now classic French bistro; each to high critical acclaim. With Petit Rouge Cooper creates an innovative menu of authentic French cuisine with American influence, combined in his hallmark of quality, complemented by excellence in service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Petit Rouge reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (9)notable wine list (7)special occasion (7)late-night find (2)romantic (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- great as usualmoishVIPDined on 10/20/2014Neal has done a superb job again, meal and service were outstanding as usual, keep up the great workSpecial Features:
- Allways a safe betOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/11/2014Very good quality, simple, neighborhood french restaurant. Always excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GouldieDined on 9/4/2014Small intimate dining.Casual but great. The best calves liver and onions in Florida. Very attentive service. Nice wine list.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Our friends have been recommending the restaurant for a while now, and we finally were able to go. The onion soup was fantastic, as well as the Steak Frites and Trout. The portions were also good size, especially for a French restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/22/2014food was outstanding. will definately be going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very goodbethDined on 8/15/2014Sometimes you pay your dinner and you have that feeling that it was not worth it, maybe? Here I already know there is a chef who cares about the choice you made when you decided to come in. Great service, wines and more than once, awesome experience. We were four happy people :)Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014everything is wonderful about the restaurant but the noise is terrible!!! they need an accoustic ceiling or something that will make it tolerable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and attentive serviceHumbertoDined on 7/24/2014The food preparation was perfect. The taste of the food was delicious and it's texture perfect. The filet mignon melted in my mouth. The service was friendly and professional. It is a perfect place to enjoy on a special occasion. That is because a meal for two will cost about $150-$200, including a good wine. But believe me, enjoying a meal there is worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always our favorite !FransuaVIPDined on 7/22/2014This last visit before coming back to Qiebec was perfect as always ! We are eager to come back in November when we will come again to Miami.Special Features:
- Outstanding !FransuaVIPDined on 7/18/2014Our last visit was perfect as every time we have been at Petit Rouge. Probably the best food one can have in Miami. Looking forward to be back again in November, when we come back to Florida from Quebec.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- C'est magnifique!bbmiamiVIPDined on 7/16/2014From an unassuming location springs this amazing find in North Miami / Biscayne corridor. Classic french cuisine that is obviously thoughtfully prepared. Everyone in our party was thrilled with their meals. The service was the most professional I've encountered in Miami...beating out supposed high-end restaurants on the Beach or elsewhere that charge multiples of what you can expect to pay here. The small venue creates a very charming atmosphere. I almost hope this place stays a hidden gem so that I won't have a problem getting a table!Special Features:
- A little bit of Paris in MiamiOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/11/2014cozy restaurant with delicious food, and attentive service.Special Features:
- FoodGuli70Dined on 7/1/2014The best french restaurant in all Florida!!. Everything is freshSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014We love it. Wonderful cuisine. We recomend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 107 reviews are from the Petit Rouge reviews archive.
- no disapointment here.EvanDined on 4/24/2014Four different meals and all were delicious. The service was excellent and not rushed. We will return.Special Features:
- French Food by an American ChefGloriaDined on 4/7/2014A delightful restaurant with tasty French food cooked by an American chef. The staff is efficient and professional. It is truly a very pleasant dining experience. French food in Miami doesn't get any better than this.Special Features:
- A wonderful eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2014Our first visit to Petite Rouge will not be our last. This charming restaurant had everything - a tiny intimate restaurant full of people enjoying their evening - wonderful polite and atttentive waiters - food to die for - the duck was crispy and delicious; the filet tender and cooked to perfection; the cheese plate a must; a simple chicken that was extraordinary. Worth every penny - for us it was a one hour drive and worth every second.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently high standardsBobbieVIPDined on 3/26/2014Please Petite is a jewel and deserves every bit of business they enjoy! The cooking is better than that I've experienced in some extraordinary Parisian bistro's. The dedicated servers are so well-informed about everything ....food and wine and are so accommodating and solicitous of the diners....... No attitude here just contributes to a totally wonderful experience. The quality and freshness of the ingredients is truly special . I have never experienced a "bad night "at Le Petite Rouge.Special Features:
- Tres BienPhoodophileDined on 3/15/2014Authentic, delicious, and large portions. Have been here several times and have not had a bad meal yet. Salmon tartare is a fav.Special Features:
- A great place to dineBobWVIPDined on 3/13/2014We always enjoy Petit Rouge's food. Neal knows how to make, present & serve fine food. Always worth the visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealcaroletDined on 2/25/2014Four of us had a fabulous meal the other night. The restaurant was packed but the service was excellent, professional and capable and pleasant. Both salads and entrees were delicious - prepared as ordered with any changes accommodated. A delicious dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super foodSupermanDined on 2/24/2014I would at any time recomend this restaurant to anybody for its good food and very good service. We are from Denmark and found it by accident. What a great accident.Special Features:
- Consistently good food servedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/10/2014Consistently good food served by very competent and pleasant people. You are sure to get a very delicious meal of a very high quality. Nice wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a Great MealdineoutDined on 1/25/2014There are several favorites on the menu that never disappoint us. The French Onion Soup, Country style pate, Duck. We had the evenings fish special which was flounder amondine and very delicious. Wine list is not exceptional so we prefer to bring our own and pay the corkage.Special Features:
- Terrific and authentic bistroDMSLDined on 12/25/2013Terrific and authentic bistro in an unlikely location.Special Features:
- good foodEvanDined on 12/9/2013Four dinners and four delicious meals. Each prepared precisely to our individual preferences. I'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOOD - HIGH ! DECDIBELS - HIGHER !LUVITALIANFOOD1Dined on 12/5/2013GREAT FOOD GOOD SERVICE AMPLE MENU TOO LOUS TO TALK !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/5/2013What a gem of a restaurant. Thoroughly enjoyed both of our meals from salad to deserts. Will definitely be retuning when visiting Miami from Philadelphia. Thanks for a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date Night spotLibbyDined on 11/23/2013My husband and I had a lovely dining experience Saturday. Make a reservation, it is quite small but I like this cozy French ambience. Service is luxury, cuisine is authentic. We shared the escargot and special duck tart appetizers. Both were excellent as is their baguette to dip in the spinach from the escargot. ;). The skirt steak au Poivre with frites was divine. This is a total neighborhood GEM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWLUVITALIANFOOD1Dined on 11/19/2013A LITTLE GEM ALMOST LIKE A GOUCH OF FRANCE IN NORTH MIAMI.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBobWVIPDined on 11/19/2013Neal provides great food, good service, a great presentation and great experienceSpecial Features:
- A small gem of a Paris-like bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/15/2013Tiny restaurant feels like a small Paris bistro: extremely knowledgeable and attentive service, traditional items on the menu (streak frites, moules, foie gras, etc.) balanced by specials on the blackboard (e.g. pea soup, salmon en croute, whole dorade) -- everything is delicious -- and we've been going there for years. Reserve well in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!ReikiHelpsVIPDined on 11/8/2013Petit Rouge is a small French restaurant. If you like onion soup, you must try it. It is better than excellent. I had mussels - soft - tender - not one grain of sand. Excellent. My wife had a special, veal chops - perfect!!! And a friend had what she had last time - liver. I still don't care for liver - but she loved it. She loved it last time too. Though this was only the 2nd time we were there, Petit Rouge has become a favorite of ours. Excellent French food plus excellent service made it a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another excellent meal takenFransuaVIPDined on 11/1/2013Another excellent meal taken at Petit Rouge. Looking forward to going back when we return to Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first visit toReikiHelpsVIPDined on 10/11/2013This was our first visit to Petit Rouge. The food was absolutely marvelous! The Onion Soup was one of the best I have ever had. It wasn't salty and the cheese was perfectly melted. We had an appetizer, Saucisson, French Salami. There were 2 kinds, both delicious. I had the Poulet Rouge. It was crispy on the outside, soft and tender on the inside. The chicken wasn't over cooked and dry, as in some places. My wife had the special, flounder. It was also excellent. The third person with us had Sauteed calves liver. I'm not a fan of liver but I tasted it. I thought it was OK. My friend, who likes liver, said it was excellent. Take her word over my OK. Petit Rouge is a small restaurant, not fancy. The service was really excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Petit RougeBobWVIPDined on 9/12/2013Just a great dining spot. You need a reservation especially in season. Neil is a great chef and every time we go we enjoy the eveningSpecial Features:
- AS good as it gets!!!GouldieDined on 8/30/2013Small. immaculate gem. I just returned from France and this was every bit as goods any restaurant I ate in there. The fish dishes are superb but so is the calves liver with onions. The desserts are outstanding and you should try them all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10MainiacVIPDined on 8/17/2013Best veal loin with morel sauce ever! Trout prepared perfectly - what more an you ask for? Small neighborhood gem with limited tables but chef prepares food perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic French CuisineNoseasoningin52Dined on 6/3/2013I dined here on a Monday night to celebrate my Mom's B-day. I had to give my credit card number when making my reservation on Open Table so I guess that I was expecting more ambiance or je ne sait quoi? The place is located in a tiny strip mall in between a religious organization & a vacant store, creepy. They were out of the wine we wanted to order so we had it by the glass. The waiter was very accommodating & let us sample before ordering. Nice wine list but, steep pricing. The French Onion soup was superb. I had the steak tartar which was good but, great. Mom had a veal tenderloin dish with mash & carrots that was excellent but, a bit steep at $38.00. The music was Spanish which was odd for French restaurant. Probably won't return.Special Features:
- This restaurant Is a gemBobbieVIPDined on 5/28/2013This small restaurant is immaculate has a very nice simple understated style. The servers are extremely knowledgeable and completely accommodating. The cooking is superb some of the finest bistro cooking outside of France. The menu has very good variety substitutions are allowed; The cooking is very simple ingredients extremely high quality . The desserts are made on premises and equally match the quality taste and presentation Of the starters and entrées. The chef clearly enjoys and is focused on this particular style of cooking and in this diner's opinion is a masterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.