Petit Robert Central
101 Arch Street
Boston, MA 02110Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Petit Robert Central
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://petitrobertcentral.com/
- Phone: (617) 737-1777
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11am -10pm
Saturday: 5pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Chef Jacky Robert/Chef de cuisine: Eric Bogardus
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer a variety of catering options. For a full listing of catering options and to view our Special Events Guide, please contact Danielle Tannous at Danielle@PetitRobertCentral.com or call 617.737.1777 (press 2 for the events line)
- Entertainment: Going to the theatre or ballet? Stop by before or after and dine with us, we'd love to have you!
- Special Events: We can accommodate your needs for 20-1,000 guests for any occasion by offering a variety of event packaging options & over 10,000 square feet in multiple private dining rooms. Our bar & lounge area features large HDTVs, comfortable seating & a relaxed atmosphere for up to 150 guests. Our dining room overlooks Boston’s Downtown Crossing & showcases high ceilings & a fresh color palette making for an incredibly welcoming environment for up to 255 guests. A conference room has been specially designed with the business lunch in mind featuring complimentary wireless internet, presentation screen & a variety of catering options for up to 30 guests.
For more information & photographs of our space, please visit www.petitrobertcentral.com/functions or contact Danielle Tannous at Danielle@PetitRobertCentral.com or 617.737.1777
- Cross Street: 34 Summer Street
- Public Transit: We are located directly above the Downtown Crossing subway stop, which is on both the red and orange lines.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: We are located in the 101 Arch Street Building in Boston’s Downtown Crossing, accessible via 34 Summer Street. Discounted parking is available at The Hyatt Regency Boston Parking Garage located at One Avenue de Lafayette. With our validation stamp, parking is $10 all night after 4 p.m.
A word from Petit Robert Central
Petit Robert Central is a neighborhood bistro where style and comfort co-exist. Located in the heart of Downtown Crossing, Petit Robert Central features classic French bistro by award-winning Chef Jacky Robert and interior design by HGTV’s Taniya Nayak. Petit Robert Central is the perfect place for a business lunch, corporate event, date night out or after-work cocktail.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Petit Robert Central - Best Restaurants in Downtown Crossing ›
Petit Robert Central reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (49)good for groups (43)neighborhood gem (42)fit for foodies (40)romantic (23)vibrant bar scene (20)special occasion (20)hot spot (13)great for brunch (11)notable wine list (9)scenic view (4)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- StevevDined on 11/22/2014It won't let me exit this form without writing something here. It also wouldn't let me check the Yes on the "would I recomment to a friend"Special Features:
- Good business lunchHugerDined on 11/20/2014Food was great, table location allowed for discussion which is always good when trying to discuss business. Service was excellent. I have made this one of my go to spots for lunch downtown as it has never disappointed and all guests have been impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre - theater date spotknothnaDined on 11/15/2014Divine food, exceptional service, to-die-for evening. Sheer perfectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is a favoriteAJ13Dined on 11/14/2014I have been here many times and it's always great. The bartenders make a great Vesper, and the food is always amazing. Sad to not see the Mac & cheese on the menu anymore though! But the escargot makes up for it. So good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good before theaterBrooklineregularVIPDined on 11/14/2014Very good food--predictable but good. Service was friendly. Room in back was quiet (bar was incredibly noisy) which was very nice!I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014from the server who clearly didn't want to be serving to a phoned in dinner, it was overall quite poor.
- Tres bonneTonyVIPDined on 11/7/2014Petit Robert is a great alternative to local pubs and other neighborhoody restaurants. It has a simple but traditional French bistro menu but the food is always excellent and it is a great value. The evening we were there it was very busy with large parties and the service was not up to its usual high standards. However, the food was excellent and we always enjoy the dining experience.We are regulars at Petit Robert and of course, we will continue to be frequent visitors.Special Features:
- slacking off?notoutenoughDined on 11/7/2014This place has been our pre-ballet spot and always reliable for good service and food. That's why our last visit was disappointing. We had an early reservation and the dining room was about 1/3 full. We were seated at a small table and when we asked to move to a larger window seat (several of which were open) we were told no - even though we were on a pre-theater quick turn schedule. When we left, they were still open. The pork chop was tiny and thin and the fingerling potatoes tasted like they had been cooked the day before and reheated. Hopefully we just caught them on a bad night because we very much like it there and have always had good experiences prior to las friday.
- True Bistro Food, Lively AtmosphereEasternReaderDined on 11/5/2014A frequent lunch customer, I found dinner equally satisfying. Varied menu with choices for everyone; food was excellent (at a good price); attentive (but not overly intrusive) service; pace of service was just right, allowing a leisurely meal and conversation over a bottle of wine.Special Features:
- Great local spotPeCanDined on 11/4/2014I come here often for both personal and business lunches. I like that the menu is unique with some french flair but that you can also get tried and true staples. The location is very convenient in downtown, and the atmosphere is very versatile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/30/2014I've been to this Petit Robert many times for business lunch and scheduled a business lunch this week there. The room that they sat my party (3 of us) was so loud we could not conduct our meeting. It took us a while to figure out the new menu and were disappointed. When we received our salads they were terrible. The lettuce was white/yellow and they put the dressing on the side even though we did not ask for it that way. The salmon was over cooked. The service was very slow and no one came back to check if we needed anything or ask how the food was. It was not good and a disaster of a meeting and a waste of 3 peoples time.Special Features:
- French but not FancyOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/25/2014The food is truly Bistro style.There are not a lot of rich creamy sauces and small serving that many might associate with French food. There were some very traditional option like escargot , French onion so up and beef bourguignon. If you love pate make sure to order the charcuterie. It was an appetizer that four of us shared but I could have made it my meal all by itself. The service was attentive and helpful without being annoying. Our out of town guest truly enjoyed the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Average service.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/16/2014Food was very good and it has a great ambiance. Our waiter was very nice, but not very accessible and slow to fill water and check in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/10/2014When we arrived the bar was full but the dining room was almost empty. Our waitress seemed annoyed when we asked her to speak up for a person in our party who was hearing impaired. We ordered wine and hot tea. Our wine came out, but we had to ask twice for the tea. Our appetitzers - the tuna tartare and the french onion soup were great. However, the soup was delivered without a spoon and the wait staff could not be found. We ended up asking the hostess for a spoon. Our entrees were great but dessert was only okay (the sweet potato cheesecake was very disappointing but the chocolate mousse was great). In all, the food was not as good as the last visit here and the poor service really ruined it for my friends.Special Features:
- eatemupDined on 10/3/2014nice spot for lunch. salads are solid. sandwiches better. my guest had one of the best reubens ever. my chicken schnitzel, which I love, seemed premade. the fries were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing EntreesOldFavoriteVIPDined on 10/1/2014We're pretty disappointed this time. Other than their famous onion soup, white-wine muzzles that are still excellent, the chicken was too salty and the thin pork chop was very average, though the scollop was very good. We sat next to the bar and it was VERY noisy until after 7:30 pm. If we go next time, we may as well join the bar and eat appetizers and desserts.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for a nice work lunchWineandDineDined on 9/30/2014Great spot for a nice work lunch - Quick and easy in and out.Special Features:
- Great location and good food!EdwinDined on 9/26/2014Petit Robert Central has a great location and ambience with good service and good food that is reasonbly priced. I highly recommend it for lunch in the Downtown Crossing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely anniversary dinnerBeachroseDined on 9/20/2014After scouring what Boston had to offer for an anniversary meal which can raise the stakes a bit, we decided on Petit Robert Central as its location was near our hotel and we had memories of eating in the location while we were dating. Our server was very nice and although some of the menu items were in transition to a fall menu, our meals were up to standard. Our dessert was on the house and included a miniature chocolate Eiffel Tower which brought back memories of a very recent trip to Paris. Perfect! Thanks Petit Robert for a wonderful anniversary dinner!Special Features:
- Fun, delicious but a bit loudTarzansgirlVIPDined on 9/19/2014Was taken here by an old friend for a reunion lunch and had a delicious salade nicoise with seared tuna. The salad was huge, a true meal-size, but the tuna was a dainty portion. I was peckish within 2 hours. But everything was delicious and nicely prepared. Scrupmtious bread basket and the butter was room temperature. One improvement: our waiter didn't know that an Arnold Palmer is half iced tea, half lemonade....I got a iced tea.Special Features:
- Fabulous evening out!sting0131Dined on 9/17/2014This is the third time that I have been to Petit Robert and every time has been a wonderful experience. The food is delicious and the service is friendly and efficient. Great location for a romantic night out!Special Features:
- JeffJMDined on 9/17/2014Food is excellent and consistent from visit to visit. Service was a little slow, but it was lunch time and so to an extent understandable.Special Features:
- I've Had Better HereBostonDinerVIPDined on 9/13/2014This was a return trip; I've enjoyed this place in the past. Maybe I finally caught them on an off night, but I was disappointed by this visit. The waiter was fine (though he messed up an order, necessitating one of our guest's entrees to be sent back), but the bus-person was too attentive - ready to pounce whenever he thought anyone was done with a plate. Several times we had to tell him we weren't finished with that salad plate, fork, etc. Several of our entrees were room temperature at best. Flavorful, yes; but, clearly the dishes should have been much warmer. Even the desserts were still frozen. I know the chefs can not make desserts from scratch every night, but ample time should be designated for proper thawing.Special Features:
- WinerDinerVIPDined on 9/11/2014Food delicious as always! Bar scene was hopping, which made it very loud. Service was unusually inexperienced, which led to much confusion and unfortunately, poor service, but not rude, just not good. Sure it's just a one-time thing.Special Features:
- EROSSDined on 9/10/2014Went for lunch and the food and service were excellent.Special Features:
- SatsfactionLindaDined on 9/6/2014We had a gift card so we tried it out for our 17th wedding Anniversary and would definitely go back. The service was great, the portions were good. The presentation and taste of the food was excellent. They gave us a generous pouring of champagne when we sat down and the table was oval, which added a nice touch. The ambience was nice and they had a great bar. Try it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Petit RobertBostonfoodieDined on 9/4/2014Our main server did a good job but her ? assistant brought the asparagus long before the entree. We sent it back to stay warm. What was he thinking? The scallops were over cooked and dry. Then there was what was billed as foie gras. It really was a pate---nicely prepared but not what we were expecting. I wish I had followed my instinct and reserved L'Espalier where the food would have met my expectations.Special Features:
- buddyDined on 8/26/2014usually a great spot for nice lunch or after dinner food has always been good so I see this experience as a rogue exception not sure what happened that day but I will see it as an exception I will be happy to continue to dine at Petit RobertSpecial Features:
- Pretty DisappointedjbischDined on 8/14/2014Well the Foie Gras looked like cat food and was cold, like it came out of a can. The duck with wild rice was bland, and the scallops were cooked a little too well. The after work crowd was clearly present, noticeable by loud shouts, table banging, and clanking of glasses. While there is nothing wrong with this at a bar, it is not what I desire to be around when I am out to dinner. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone who is looking for a nice meal.
- PattyAVIPDined on 8/8/2014Was there recently for lunch and both the food and waitstaff could not have been better. Scrumptious escargots!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better service would go a long waybeth5496Dined on 8/4/2014Our waiter was pretty much MIA until the end of the meal when he had fewer tables. My fellow diners were happy with their meals but my BLT came loaded with mayonnaise after I very loudly and clearly requested that my sandwich not have mayonnaise when I ordered it. I get it, these things happen. I wasn't thrilled with the waiter's attitude but I did appreciate how he brought out a small salad for me to munch on while my guests ate their properly prepared lunches. The salad thing was a nice touch.Special Features:
- Excellent Lunch, Fantastic ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/31/2014Petit Robert Central is an attractive 2nd floor dining spot with high ceilings. With reservations for lunch, the 2 of us were seated at a roomy half-circle, upholstered booth. (Some parties of 2 were seated at smaller tables that were relatively close together; parties of 3 or 4 got the window tables.) Since we were flying home at 5 pm and would be skipping dinner, we ordered entrees. I had a perfectly cooked lemon sole, with crisp-tender asparagus & lovely potatoes, while my husband enjoyed fork-tender beef burgundy with lovely baby carrots. The portions were surprisingly large for the price, quality of ingredients, and preparation. Our server was efficient, helpful, and charming. The noise level might be high if bar fills up in p.m.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 568 reviews are from the Petit Robert Central reviews archive.
- The Staff and ManagerTomLDined on 7/21/2014Manager Riccardo and his staff remain first class. While previous visits by me have been consistently high, this most recent experience was superb and even exceptional. I encountered a small problem by my own doing--nothing negative by the restaurant--and Riccardo and his staff went well beyond to help me solve the issue in a way that was dignified, professional, and classy. They really bailed me out of an awkward situation of my own doing. And they did so without casing any aspersions whatsoever. A strong endorsement and tip-of-the-cap to this great eatery with classy style and first rate management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for a Business LunchJoelDined on 7/16/2014Perfect environment for a place to meet to discuss business.Special Features:
- Great night out.GreattimesDined on 7/12/2014Reservations for 5:30. the flowers I ordered were on the table when we arrived. My girlfriend forgot her phone there and the staff called me to inform me that they had it safe at the hostess booth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dinner Before TheatreOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/3/2014We had a fantasist Dinner in this French restaurant prior to Phantom of the Opera. Service and ffod were excellent. Located two blocks from the Boston Opera House and one block from a very convenient parking garage, it's an easy walk. As soon as we told the staff we were going to the theatre, they timed averything perfectly. We weren't rushed. It was very enjoyable and relaxing. And we were out in time to walk to the Opera House in plenty of time. Park at 33 Arch St. using Panda Parking Service (just $9)...walk a block to the restaurant at 101 Arch St...then two blocks to the Opera House. Convenient and delicious!Special Features:
- Open Table Reservation missingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014The restaurant was good but they didn't have my open table reservation. Luckily they were able to give me a table but it could have been an embarrassing moment with clients.Special Features:
- Very accomodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/20/2014Honored our reservation request to have a quiet seating area; provided very attentive service.Special Features:
- Not a place for meNotsocoolDined on 6/19/2014I made a reservation for a special occasion. I took my daughter for her 20thg birthday and requested a birthday song from restaurant staff. No one even remembered, our waiter was slow and non attentive. Spent $ 103.00 dollars for nothing. Rustic Kitchen in Hingham would have been a better selection. Needless to say "won't go there again"
- Lunch RushAndreiaVIPDined on 6/12/2014It was busier than the last time I had been there so it seems more office workers have discovered Central in Downtown Crossing. I guess they only have one hostess working during lunch as we were standing there for 5 minutes waiting to be seated with no one to greet us, not even a waiter who came by to drop off menus said hello or that someone will be right with you. My water glass was dirty so asked for that to be replaced. French bistros should always have perfect fries, but unfortunately my fries that came with my sandwich were limp. I was expecting crisp skinny fries that I've eaten here before with my steak frites so that was disappointing. Won't be going back anytime soon.Special Features: