Petit Robert Bistro
468 Commonwealth Ave.
Boston, MA 02215Neighborhood:
Kenmore Square / Fenway
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Petit Robert Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.petitrobertbistro.com/
- Phone: 6173750699
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Jacky Robert
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Petit Robert offers a semi private dining room in the cozy bar area downstairs.
- Private Party Contact: Clarisse 8779180845
- Special Events: Baby shower, rehearsal brunch, lunch or dinner, business lunch or dinner
A word from Petit Robert Bistro
Petit Robert Bistro is a French Bistro open every day all year long 11:00am - 11:00pm. They feature an open kitchen on the first floor (40 seats), fireplace and wine racks on the wall. The sub basement has another 40 seats and the pastry bar (12 seats) where they prepare all their homemade desserts. The also offer a patio, which seats 15 guests. They offer a large selection of entrees.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Petit Robert Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (60)fit for foodies (53)romantic (48)special occasion (41)notable wine list (23)great for lunch (19)great for brunch (12)great for outdoor dining (10)good for groups (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Good food, less good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/19/2014The atmosphere feels like a French bistro and is quite charming. The food was Classic French bistro dishes done fairly well. The problem was there kept being little gaps in the service. They brought bread but no bread plates, tea but no sugar, dessert but no spoons. And we waited probably 20 minutes from ordering to receiving appetizers, and another 20 minutes after dessert to get our check. They did apologize for the wait times and told us there was a big party downstairs that was monopolizing the kitchen. Overall, it was ok, but not great.Special Features:
- Consistently GreatMissbwachyDined on 9/19/2014Food and service is always good. The Pate is to die-for as is the Onion soup. True French Bistro food, done well. Four locations, each with its own charm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No BarOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/18/2014Apparently the bar that I once had drinks at is not always open. On what should have been a busy Thursday evening for the restaurant it looks like their entire lower level was closed for business...and that included the bar.Special Features:
- A place to return toDRMZWDined on 9/18/2014We are visiting Boston, and found this through the intenet. The food and service was excellent, and the atmosphere friendly and unpretentious. The pan-seared scallops were especially outstanding, and I will return at the next opportunity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious lunchKiwiDined on 9/16/2014We had a delicious lunch and felt transported to a French bistro. Only downside was the waiter who did an adequate job but was not warm or welcoming.Special Features:
- Good foodGeneJakeessDined on 9/14/2014We went to the restaurant for a Sunday brunch. The menu was varied and the food tasty. The service was very good and we were served fast. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- birthday celebrationEatingoutwithallergiesDined on 9/13/2014Food and service were wonderful: never felt hurried; very leisurely dining on a Sat night out. Very accommodating to food allergies and also brought over a luscious chocolate cake with a chocolate Eiffel tower and Happy Birthday written in chocolate icing on the plate for my 26 year old daughter -- made it a special occasion!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tres bon!BtdennisDined on 9/13/2014This was such a great little find for brunch on a Saturday! Surprisingly, it was not too busy. The food and drinks were exquisite - mimosoas, fried Eggs Benedict, and coffee with real cream - and atmosphere perfect. With the view of the Eiffel Tower, French music softly playing in the background, and the accent of our real French waiter, I was transported to the streets of Paris! When the waiter found out it was my mother's birthday he brought out a decadent chocolate cake and a handmade chocolate Eiffel Tower!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a regular favoritenellDined on 9/12/2014We have loved Petit Robert since we first visited the south end location 8 years ago. It continues to be a reliable favorite, delivering authentic French food and great cocktails. As someone who has spent a great deal of time in France, it is always a pleasure to go here and discover truly authentic bistro food and prices.Special Features:
- Like ParistjjeVIPDined on 9/10/2014The food is excellent making one think they are in France. Always friendly and understanding. Great place.Special Features:
- mais oui !Quincy76Dined on 9/8/2014Quick, friendly service with a menu filled with great dishes. Cooked to perfection. Try the roasted chickenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seeking Paris in BostonAudubongirlDined on 9/7/2014On a quiet Sunday night, a French style bistro is just the place to feel cared for but comfortably at home at the same time. Green and prosciutto melon salads were excellent - the bread is not authentic French and should be avoided until the change suppliers. The ribeye was great (sent back for another few minutes to reach med. rare) and pork chop was tasty but dry. Sauces and spicing a specialty. Great selection of wines by the glass. Service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old reliablejdlexDined on 9/6/2014I visit one of the branches of Petit Robert 4-5 times a year, and mostly the Kenmore branch. It's almost a tradition in my family before Red Sox games; the gates at Fenway are less than ten minutes away even in pre-game crowds. The food is, frankly, good but not great. Nothing that would cause shame to a Parisian bistro-owner, but nothing that would bring pride, either. It's competent, consistent old-fashioned French cuisine. The service is almost always better than OK, the wine list is solid, and (as noted) you can't beat the location on a game night.Special Features:
- Good Gemwolves1Dined on 9/5/2014My husband and I ate there, seated promptly and food was great no issues, its a small place could get loud if jammed packed.Special Features:
- Uninspired, overcooked, blandClienthostDined on 8/30/2014I had the duck confit with sausage. The duck was overcooked and dry. The sausage was overcooked, burned, and hard as a rock. Not at all what I was expecting from a French bistro. I will not be back.
- Disappointedtavola123Dined on 8/28/2014Usually the food is wonderful - we were there for restaurant week. My appetizer risotto was fine and the fish ok but the dessert which was a peach confit consisted of canned peaches! My friend though was especially disappointed with his cassoulet - the meat was tough and greasy.Special Features:
- Petit slice of heavenSeafoodsharkDined on 8/23/2014The menu was eclectic. The wine I selected was strong, a bit stronger than I expected. The Oysters were fresh and not too salty. The entree was where I was blown away. Scallops seared to perfection. Spinach seasoned beautifully. A harmonious dish in all. I was pleasantly surprised by the plethora of flavors. The sorbets were the the cherry on top, with an almond 'cookie' that brought all the sorbet flavors together nicely. All in all the perfect meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedBostonGurlVIPDined on 8/22/2014Hy husband and I have dined at Petite Robert before and always thought that the food was very well prepared and well flavored. However, our last experience was nothing like our previous. My husband ordered fish which was overly salted and my skirt steak was tough, chewy and flavorless. We left disappointed. If this is the new standard at this establishment, then I have to conclude that the quality is not worth the price -- better, similarly priced establishment can be found very near by.
- Disappointed this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/20/2014We have eaten here before and the food was wonderful. However, on 8/20, it was a disappointment. We chose the fixed price menu from Restaurant Week. The appetizer of risotto and smoked salmon was wonderful. But my fish was underdone and my husband's steak was over cooked. Ironically, the waiter went to great lengths to recommend medium rare, which we chose, and then served a very well done steak. But the biggest disappointment was the dessert. Really...in late August...you serve canned peaches ???? Will give this place a rest for awhile.
- Yummy patesFrenchfaninFenwayDined on 8/19/2014We shared the trio of homemade pates for an appetizer and they were incredibly delicious: 3 generous slices of foi gras, pork rillettes and a country pate and then the eggs benedict, one with spinach and the other with smoked salmon. So tasty, we had no room for dessert, which is always wonderful, especially the white chocolate bread pudding. We'll have to have it next time!Special Features:
- Restaurant weekbonbonDined on 8/18/2014The food was plentiful and delicious but the Angus burger presentation was lacking. It looked like a small log on a large piece of French bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XxxxDined on 8/16/2014Nice cozy place, food consistently good, service equally good.Special Features:
- Authentic Bistro FoodEasternReaderDined on 8/14/2014Petit Robert provides a true bistro experience, both in ambience and food. Have eaten here many times, with family, spouse, or business colleagues. It's the best dinner choice in and around Kenmore Square, and a lovely place to meet before heading over to Fenway.Special Features:
- To Jackie Robert: I remember whenBrasseriejoeVIPDined on 8/8/2014We stopped going to Petit Robert for a while but we decided to give it another chance. We remember when it first opened, food was great, chef Robert used to be there most evenings.
- Never a disappointment!RiversideGalDined on 8/3/2014We frequently go to Petit Robert Bistro while in the Kenmore neighborhood. The food and wine items are excellent. Most visits we bring friends in order to have a nice meal with conversation. The reservation system works well and we have never had a bad experience.Special Features:
- Hospitable and DeliciousDockenDined on 7/27/2014We came as 4 for a small birthday outing. Very friendly and helpful waitstaff, great ambiance, and delicious and creative food. We recommend it highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice restaurantDanielDined on 7/18/2014We had a group of seven dining before the Red Sox game, including one child under 10. Some of us had traveled from out of town, and we wanted a place where we could talk and catch up. This restaurant fit the bill perfectly. Delicious food (the steamed mussels, bluefish special, and pork dish were memorable). Wait staff were friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Good Food, Better DessertOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014The food was amazing and the dessert was even better. We had the salmon and the seared scallops which were both cooked to perfection. The presentation was so pretty. The dessert tasted like the chef literally baked it to order and then served it to us warm and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RandAVIPDined on 7/10/2014Had a wonderful lunch before a Red Sox game. Food was great and the server was especially attentive.Special Features:
- Kenmore Sq GemCraigDined on 7/5/2014Usually when we go to a ballgame we are happy with Fenway fare, but we had tickets to a Saturday evening game and decided to spend the day in Boston, go out to dinner in the neighborhood and then end our day at the game. It all worked out perfectly. The food and service were great, and the day was perfect (except that the Sox lost).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodJmdinnerDined on 7/4/2014French style restaurant. Food was good and adequately priced. The bread is awesome. The decoration can be improved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentDavidVIPDined on 7/4/2014We eat at PRB about once a month, and always enjoy the experience. The menu is inventive and there are small changes (plus specials) that make it interesting. It is one of only a few restaurants I know where it is difficult to choose from among several tasty-sounding entrees, rather than having to settle for the best of a bad lot.Special Features:
- Too petit for large groupsAckDebVIPDined on 6/26/2014First, let me say that this is our go-to restaurant for pre-Fenway Park events and we have always had a good experience. This time we were a group of ten members of our blended family trying to get to a Billy Joel concert. Our reservation was at 6:00 and the concert was supposed to start at 7:30. The place was jammed, and we had all pre-selected from prix fixe menus due to their kitchen constraints. We were crowded at our smallish table and our waitress was polite and hard-working, but overwhelmed. We had to take our desserts with us in to-go bags. (Profiteroles don't travel well.) Considering the amount of time and money spent ($800) trying to make this a special evening, PRB came up short.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findgranitiirDined on 6/26/2014Ifyou are going to Kenmore Square and want something very special this is the place. We loved it .their au poivre auce was extraordinarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the eveningDJR1646Dined on 6/26/2014Went to Petit Roberts in Boston for dinner before Billy Joel concert. The food was very good but our table was certainly not the best.. It was right near the bathroom and everyone squeezed by us to get there. we Were also seated in front of the wine shelf, that also had glasses on it. Every time someone asked for wine they asked us to move to get both wine and glasses. The rest of the evening was fantastic and the food was great back ask not to be seated in both tables that are in front of the wine bottles!Special Features:
- Favorite French restaurantJacquelineDined on 6/25/2014As a French-speaking former resident of Paris, I know that Petit Robert is the real thing: a neighborhood bistro that serves wonderful food at reasonable prices to a faithful clientele. Last week, when I had dinner at the Kenmore Square restaurant with an out-of-town visitor, it was quieter than usual because students had left town and tourists had not yet arrived in droves. We got a spacious table in front, at the window, and attentive service. The food was delicious, as always. I regret the closing of the Brighton restaurant, which was located right across the street from my building, but Kenmore Square is the next most convenient location, right on the Green Line. Vive les Robert!Special Features:
- Oh La LaCasootieDined on 6/24/2014Went for lunch with three other colleagues. Although we had varying tastes, we all found something we like, from the very french cuisine to the basic salad with chicken. I had calves liver and onions and bacon - what an incredible, tasty dish - liver cooked crisp on outside, soft on inside with fragrant onions, bacon, and vegetables and roasted potatoes. Suitable for a last supper request! The bread was also divine.Special Features:
- Parfait RobertpackylyonsDined on 6/21/2014Not my first experience here but my first time with a larger group of people (7). I always enjoy my time here and make it a point to come infrequently so that I can look forward to the staff, ambiance, and excellent food! I can't say enough about the staff who treated us like we were the only guests in the place (I assure you we were not!) and despite the specific cuisine, there was something on the menu for the diverse preferences of our party. An excellent experience - Petit Robert made me look like a hero for finding such extraordinary accommodations and would recommend, go back, maybe even work there myself if need be!Special Features:
- Very goodPittsburghDined on 6/13/2014Perfect bistro menu. Best neighborhood restaurant for quiet dining and good food. Priced right. Always accommodating. Informed servers for both food and wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French cuisine in cozy bistroPertypandaDined on 6/11/2014The service was wonderful, I loved my sparkling rose wine, the waiter obliged our request for some more of their hot bread, the pate maison was spectacularly filling, main entree pork belly was excellent, my friend and I enjoyed our time there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.