Petit Robert Bistro
468 Commonwealth Ave.
Boston, MA 02215Neighborhood:
Kenmore Square / Fenway
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Petit Robert Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.petitrobertbistro.com/
- Phone: 6173750699
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: Jacky Robert
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Petit Robert offers a semi private dining room in the cozy bar area downstairs.
- Private Party Contact: Clarisse 8779180845
- Special Events: Baby shower, rehearsal brunch, lunch or dinner, business lunch or dinner
A word from Petit Robert Bistro
Petit Robert Bistro is a French Bistro open every day all year long 11:00am - 11:00pm. They feature an open kitchen on the first floor (40 seats), fireplace and wine racks on the wall. The sub basement has another 40 seats and the pastry bar (12 seats) where they prepare all their homemade desserts. The also offer a patio, which seats 15 guests. They offer a large selection of entrees.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Petit Robert Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (61)fit for foodies (54)romantic (53)special occasion (44)notable wine list (23)great for lunch (20)great for brunch (13)good for groups (10)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- DisappointedBostonGurlVIPDined on 8/22/2014Hy husband and I have dined at Petite Robert before and always thought that the food was very well prepared and well flavored. However, our last experience was nothing like our previous. My husband ordered fish which was overly salted and my skirt steak was tough, chewy and flavorless. We left disappointed. If this is the new standard at this establishment, then I have to conclude that the quality is not worth the price -- better, similarly priced establishment can be found very near by.
- Disappointed this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/20/2014We have eaten here before and the food was wonderful. However, on 8/20, it was a disappointment. We chose the fixed price menu from Restaurant Week. The appetizer of risotto and smoked salmon was wonderful. But my fish was underdone and my husband's steak was over cooked. Ironically, the waiter went to great lengths to recommend medium rare, which we chose, and then served a very well done steak. But the biggest disappointment was the dessert. Really...in late August...you serve canned peaches ???? Will give this place a rest for awhile.
- Yummy patesFrenchfaninFenwayDined on 8/19/2014We shared the trio of homemade pates for an appetizer and they were incredibly delicious: 3 generous slices of foi gras, pork rillettes and a country pate and then the eggs benedict, one with spinach and the other with smoked salmon. So tasty, we had no room for dessert, which is always wonderful, especially the white chocolate bread pudding. We'll have to have it next time!Special Features:
- Restaurant weekbonbonDined on 8/18/2014The food was plentiful and delicious but the Angus burger presentation was lacking. It looked like a small log on a large piece of French bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XxxxDined on 8/16/2014Nice cozy place, food consistently good, service equally good.Special Features:
- Authentic Bistro FoodEasternReaderDined on 8/14/2014Petit Robert provides a true bistro experience, both in ambience and food. Have eaten here many times, with family, spouse, or business colleagues. It's the best dinner choice in and around Kenmore Square, and a lovely place to meet before heading over to Fenway.Special Features:
- To Jackie Robert: I remember whenBrasseriejoeVIPDined on 8/8/2014We stopped going to Petit Robert for a while but we decided to give it another chance. We remember when it first opened, food was great, chef Robert used to be there most evenings.
- Never a disappointment!RiversideGalDined on 8/3/2014We frequently go to Petit Robert Bistro while in the Kenmore neighborhood. The food and wine items are excellent. Most visits we bring friends in order to have a nice meal with conversation. The reservation system works well and we have never had a bad experience.Special Features:
- Hospitable and DeliciousDockenDined on 7/27/2014We came as 4 for a small birthday outing. Very friendly and helpful waitstaff, great ambiance, and delicious and creative food. We recommend it highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice restaurantDanielDined on 7/18/2014We had a group of seven dining before the Red Sox game, including one child under 10. Some of us had traveled from out of town, and we wanted a place where we could talk and catch up. This restaurant fit the bill perfectly. Delicious food (the steamed mussels, bluefish special, and pork dish were memorable). Wait staff were friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Good Food, Better DessertOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014The food was amazing and the dessert was even better. We had the salmon and the seared scallops which were both cooked to perfection. The presentation was so pretty. The dessert tasted like the chef literally baked it to order and then served it to us warm and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RandAVIPDined on 7/10/2014Had a wonderful lunch before a Red Sox game. Food was great and the server was especially attentive.Special Features:
- Kenmore Sq GemCraigDined on 7/5/2014Usually when we go to a ballgame we are happy with Fenway fare, but we had tickets to a Saturday evening game and decided to spend the day in Boston, go out to dinner in the neighborhood and then end our day at the game. It all worked out perfectly. The food and service were great, and the day was perfect (except that the Sox lost).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodJmdinnerDined on 7/4/2014French style restaurant. Food was good and adequately priced. The bread is awesome. The decoration can be improved.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently ExcellentDavidVIPDined on 7/4/2014We eat at PRB about once a month, and always enjoy the experience. The menu is inventive and there are small changes (plus specials) that make it interesting. It is one of only a few restaurants I know where it is difficult to choose from among several tasty-sounding entrees, rather than having to settle for the best of a bad lot.Special Features:
- Too petit for large groupsAckDebVIPDined on 6/26/2014First, let me say that this is our go-to restaurant for pre-Fenway Park events and we have always had a good experience. This time we were a group of ten members of our blended family trying to get to a Billy Joel concert. Our reservation was at 6:00 and the concert was supposed to start at 7:30. The place was jammed, and we had all pre-selected from prix fixe menus due to their kitchen constraints. We were crowded at our smallish table and our waitress was polite and hard-working, but overwhelmed. We had to take our desserts with us in to-go bags. (Profiteroles don't travel well.) Considering the amount of time and money spent ($800) trying to make this a special evening, PRB came up short.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findgranitiirDined on 6/26/2014Ifyou are going to Kenmore Square and want something very special this is the place. We loved it .their au poivre auce was extraordinarySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed the eveningDJR1646Dined on 6/26/2014Went to Petit Roberts in Boston for dinner before Billy Joel concert. The food was very good but our table was certainly not the best.. It was right near the bathroom and everyone squeezed by us to get there. we Were also seated in front of the wine shelf, that also had glasses on it. Every time someone asked for wine they asked us to move to get both wine and glasses. The rest of the evening was fantastic and the food was great back ask not to be seated in both tables that are in front of the wine bottles!Special Features:
- Favorite French restaurantJacquelineDined on 6/25/2014As a French-speaking former resident of Paris, I know that Petit Robert is the real thing: a neighborhood bistro that serves wonderful food at reasonable prices to a faithful clientele. Last week, when I had dinner at the Kenmore Square restaurant with an out-of-town visitor, it was quieter than usual because students had left town and tourists had not yet arrived in droves. We got a spacious table in front, at the window, and attentive service. The food was delicious, as always. I regret the closing of the Brighton restaurant, which was located right across the street from my building, but Kenmore Square is the next most convenient location, right on the Green Line. Vive les Robert!Special Features:
- Oh La LaCasootieDined on 6/24/2014Went for lunch with three other colleagues. Although we had varying tastes, we all found something we like, from the very french cuisine to the basic salad with chicken. I had calves liver and onions and bacon - what an incredible, tasty dish - liver cooked crisp on outside, soft on inside with fragrant onions, bacon, and vegetables and roasted potatoes. Suitable for a last supper request! The bread was also divine.Special Features:
- Parfait RobertpackylyonsDined on 6/21/2014Not my first experience here but my first time with a larger group of people (7). I always enjoy my time here and make it a point to come infrequently so that I can look forward to the staff, ambiance, and excellent food! I can't say enough about the staff who treated us like we were the only guests in the place (I assure you we were not!) and despite the specific cuisine, there was something on the menu for the diverse preferences of our party. An excellent experience - Petit Robert made me look like a hero for finding such extraordinary accommodations and would recommend, go back, maybe even work there myself if need be!Special Features:
- Very goodPittsburghDined on 6/13/2014Perfect bistro menu. Best neighborhood restaurant for quiet dining and good food. Priced right. Always accommodating. Informed servers for both food and wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- French cuisine in cozy bistroPertypandaDined on 6/11/2014The service was wonderful, I loved my sparkling rose wine, the waiter obliged our request for some more of their hot bread, the pate maison was spectacularly filling, main entree pork belly was excellent, my friend and I enjoyed our time there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JonandMeg39Dined on 6/10/2014Delicious cuisine! We had a herring appetizer, lobster bisque and beet salad. The cocktail (cherry in its name?) was perfect as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food without serviceCCBYOBloversVIPDined on 6/6/2014Food was fantastic, service was poor. Other tables with a different server did not have this issue. All tables with our server had issues. Would definite go back, I'm sure they will get it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took a date here, awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/2/2014Great for couples. Very "French" experience. Very intimate setting, awesome food.Special Features:
- NoisemanDined on 5/31/2014Excellent service and a very good meal. Definitely will be back.Special Features:
- Charming Place for DinnerGigi81213Dined on 5/30/2014Our dinner was very tasty and nicely presented. The staff was exceptionally accomodating with very attentive service. Desserts are to die for! My only negative was the noise level. We were a party of four,sitting at a round table, yet we still had trouble hearing our conversation. I would return, however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fritzVIPDined on 5/29/2014Scallops with vegetable terrine was outstanding. Fresh blue fish with herbed rice also very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/27/2014I love this restaurant. The menu is wonderful - and the food is always delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice bistro-style restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/26/2014We found this on Open Table and enjoyed our meal there. The setting is intimate and warm. Service was attentive. The kale and avocado salad was quite nice although a bit under dressed. Escargot were tasty. Calf's liver was excellent. Coquille St Jacque was a delicious sauteed scallop on a ratatouille-inspired vegetable base but bore no resemblance to classic CSJ. Great choice for well-prepared food in an intimate setting. We would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Brunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/26/2014We very much enjoyed our recent brunch here -- it's a small but very pleasant place, with hardwood floors, a fireplace, and French music playing in the background. The food was very good, too -- French toast, omelette, poached eggs with smoked salmon, and salad nicoise were all very good. Our waitress even served up a dessert for one of our guests who was celebrating her birthday -- nice touch! We'd definitely try this for brunch again.Special Features:
- Petit Robert, Comm Ave.MacManCapeCodDined on 5/24/2014This is our #1 favorite restaurant in Boston, period. Delicious food at reasonable prices. Nice, relaxed but not stuffy atmosphere. Valet parking if you can't get lucky finding a space on Comm Ave. Try it, you will like it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Suprising amount of vegan optionssignificantshopperDined on 5/20/2014Who would think a "french restaurant" would have vegan options? I was going out with a group near Fenway, and this was the best place that a) would take reservations and b) had vegan options. The service was great, the food quite affordable (7 of us sharing lots of appetizers/salad/wine), and it was delicious. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Tres bien foodHikeskiDined on 5/17/2014The food was outstanding. Better than what we were served in Burgundy last Fall, which is a first for us, i.e. a U.S based restaurant besting French restaurants. VG waiter who hailed for Burgundy and has mastered the art of serving (most Americans haven't).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PleasantBientotDined on 5/16/2014Service a bit rocky, though unobtrusive, well-trained. Food was nicely prepared and plated. Pricing reasonable enough for the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- graduation daynagada2Dined on 5/16/2014We enjoyed our visit. Soup was a little unusual but tasty, salad - very tasty (we were able to clear the plate!). Ambience was not very French but rather nice. The only special thing (it does not refer to bistro as such) - on that day people celebrate BU graduation. It was great and pleasant, but we could hardly support the conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thought I was in ParisGlobeTrotter2014Dined on 5/11/2014We went to Petit Robert for Mother's Day lunch and they not only met, but exceeded our expectations! Looking out onto Comm Ave, with spring in full bloom, it was as if I were sitting in a Bistro in Paris. From the moment we were greeted by the host, fluently in French at the front door, to the outstanding service we had from the waitstaff, they didn't miss a beat. The food was exceptional...the escargot had the perfect hint of garlic (not overwhelming), we highly recommend the trio of pates with it's perfect texture and flavor. Our daughter is the Eggs Benedict Connoisseur and enjoyed every bite. We will definitely be back and thank the Petit Robert for creating the quintessential Mother's Day!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- With a Little polish...MezmereldaDined on 5/11/2014I love Petit Robert Bistro, and have eaten there 4-5 times. There is room for improvement, however, particularly on the food. The selection could be a bit more varied. The menu never seems to change. Whereas the foie gras is delicious, it would do well to have some type of bread/base instead of just the liver & fruit. The BLT should not have horseradish sauce without at least advising the customer that is a component. It was EXTREMELY strong on Mother's Day to the point of distraction. The lamb was tasty, but could have used some type of reduction/sweetness to cut the fat. Drinks are lovely. Waitress devine. Casual banter wonderful. Thanks for the experienceSpecial Features:
- C'est magnifique!FitBrit7Dined on 5/10/2014Delicious food, awesome service. Their calf liver (foie du veau) is divine, as is their chocolate mousse. Will definitely return!Special Features: