Petit Louis – Columbia
10215 Wincopin Cir
Columbia, MD 21044Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Petit Louis – Columbia
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.petitlouis.com/
- Phone: 410-964-9999x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon - Fri 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Mon - Thur 5pm - 10pm
Dinner: Fri & Sat 5pm - 11pm
Dinner: Sun 5pm - 9pm
Brunch: Sun 10:30am - 3:00pm
Monday - Friday 8am
Saturday & Sunday 8am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Dessert, French
- Executive Chef: James Lewandowski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Petit Louis – Columbia
Tony Foreman and Cindy Wolf’s French Bistro on the lake in Columbia features classic fare, an extensive, award winning French wine list & a lively Parisian atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Petit Louis – Columbia - Best Restaurants in Columbia ›
Petit Louis – Columbia reviews from OpenTable diners
275 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (163)great for outdoor dining (156)special occasion (141)notable wine list (137)scenic view (128)neighborhood gem (114)romantic (99)great for brunch (74)great for lunch (71)good for groups (58)hot spot (27)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (13)vibrant bar scene (13)Show More
- JackEVIPDined on 8/28/2014Outdoor seating looks out onto dockside. Very peacefulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JayMacJayMacDined on 8/28/2014Disappointing all around, since we've enjoyed Petit Louis in Roland Park in the past. Unimaginative menu, food generally overcooked--both salmon and steak cooked waaaay beyond the medium rare both recommended by the waiter and requested by the diners. The waiter was pleasant, but not highly skilled. Nice view of the lake. Overall rating is two stars or one "meh".Special Features:
- Excellent, as always.BethiebethDined on 8/27/2014Gracious and competent service. Generous portions of very tasty food. We shared the chicken, carved very professionally at table side. We were there on a weeknight so the noise level was not too high. A most enjoyable evening!Special Features:
- Noise levelPammyDined on 8/27/2014I've been twice and the food was very good. We sat inside our first visit and it was very loud. Our second visit we sat outside and it was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MoJoDined on 8/26/2014Excellent Food; Great service waitstaff and bartender. Loved sitting outside on a wonderful summer evening.Special Features:
- Never disappointedetsaotrgDined on 8/26/2014We have eaten at Petit Louis in Columbia and always left satisied. Tried the dinner special recently (garlic flan with vegetables- appetizer, head-on shrimp with rice- main course) with recommended wine pairing which was simply outstanding. The wine complimented the meal pefectly and the service was always attentive (but not intrusive).Special Features:
- Still have hopeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/25/2014Opended a few months ago, this restaurant has lots of potential. Just hope they don't stop improving. I went last Monday to celebrate my daughter's birthday and got a little disappointed. Even having very few guests, the service was very slow and it was hard finding someone to ask anything. And things that we had had chance to ask would never be provided, even sugar or butter. Employees would pass by trying to avoid eye contact, so it seemed that there was no willingness to serve. At the end, we gave up on ordering desserts. This was our third time in 3 months there and we haven't seen any change on the menu, still very limited. I intend to give them another chance, but will give them a couple of months to see if there was any improvement.Special Features:
- Great FoodGourmanVIPDined on 8/24/2014We have dined here on more than 3 occassions, everytime we have only had great experiences. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014The staff is very friendly. The food was delicious .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteveDined on 8/23/2014Food was great as was the service. Attentive but not cloying. Our only real gripe was the noise level. I don't know if it was just the room we were in but, at a table for four, we found it difficult to hear the person across the table. I would still go back. My wife had the Branzino and was very happy with it. My braised short ribs were good as well. The French onion soup was terrific. The Pot de creme (sp?) for dessert was a hit too.Special Features:
- Way too fastOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/20142nd time here since May 30. Very different experience. The food was outstanding, beautifully prepared & presented although there were far too many frites & no veggies on the steak frites plate. The pace was frantic this time. We were in & out in a little less than an hour in spite of ordering a cocktail & an appetizer. We were put off by the extremely fast run through by our waiter, Russell & felt stunned when he finished.The entrees arrived before either were finished. We noticed that the other 2 tables of 2 on either side of us were being rushed at this same pace. When we dine at an elegant French restaurant, we expect French pacing. We will return to Tersiguel's where we have been dining for 36 years the next time we want French food.Special Features:
- A Special Send-OffJackieDined on 8/21/2014Each year it gets harder to send our daughters off -- this year was especially hard since one is heading off to NYC for her first job in the real world. Petit Louis made it easier. We all had a wonderful time - had a lot of laughs, but most importantly enjoyed sharing our food selections with each other and having a family meal in a really cool place. I am so glad that Wolf/Foreman chose Columbia for this bistro. Especially since our longtime favorite, Café de Paris, closed its doors. We will miss Monsieur Erik but the loss will be somewhat softened by Petit Louis.Special Features:
- CelebrationsebccolumbiamdDined on 8/17/2014Lovely atmosphere and specialty services from pre-appetizers to desserts! My family's choice for celebrating life's milestones. Thank you to Tony Foreman & The Foreman/Wolfe Group for a wonderful restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt like back in ParisBonVivantDined on 8/16/2014From the hostess's greeting at the door to impeccable food and service: it was an amazing dinner. Went with my wife for our anniversary and couldn't have made a better choice. Impeccable service and management staff (specially Wendy) were on point the entire evening. The wine list is amazing and bar staff knowledgeable and friendly. Definitely will recommend to others.Special Features:
- Ooh La La. We Shall Return ... SoonJimDeeDined on 8/16/2014Was here Today at La Comptoir (excuse my French) - The Counter / Cafe and was Pleasantly Surprised. I couldn't see much of the chicken, but the young lady (? Ms. Red Eye ... My Fav Drink - Cafe mixed w Expresso) explained it was like Chicken Salad. The Chicken Taragon Sub / Sandwich was Delicious & Moist. Don't forget to start with an Almond Croissant or Fruit Tart first. Bonjour to Mgr. Wendy et Ms. RE. I was glad the Seafood Gumbo at the new place down the way was Cold, so I could end up at Ooh La La w Wendy, Ms RE et P Louis!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to Home!EvilIncarnateVIPDined on 8/15/2014This is our 2nd visit to this location. While the menu is interesting, the kitchen had a hard time timing out the whole chicken for two, and the other two entrees for our table. While the general manager did everything in her power to try and make it right, the passage of time, and thus cold food, made continued dining unpalatable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!bmorefoodieVIPDined on 8/14/2014This was my first time getting to enjoy the outdoor dining aspect of Petit Louis which was really nice. It was quiet enough to enjoy casual conversation at the table and has a nice view of the lake. The food, as usual, was wonderful. The wine list is excellent. The service was attentive while giving us time to enjoy our meal - we never felt rushed and they were quick to offer recommendations that were spot on. I love this place -- it was a much needed addition to the Columbia area! Next time I plan to try brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Night DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/10/2014We decided to dine here at the last minute. It was an excellent choice! Service was very attentive, without being overbearing. We both had escargot and the duck breast. Loved them both. We plan to return with friends.Special Features:
- fun french in columbia!katie03VIPDined on 8/10/2014our favorite Baltimore French bistro makes a splash in Columbia! The food was delicious ( a bit of a broader menu to choose from for dinner with veggie sides and more specials), an outdoor dining space and high top tables. Seasonal plum menu was a hit at our table too -- delicious dug confit, plum salad and spice plum cake! Other seasonal desserts with peaches were similarly a treat!Special Features:
- Beautiful Sunday eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014We had a great Sunday evening outside with a view of the lake and could hear the band.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummyLuvDevonsDined on 8/8/2014Had a great dinner here at Petit Louis! We both enjoyed the roast chicken for two and took home the salted caramel dessert. The service was excellent! The only downside were the macarons. We were just in Paris and had the macarons at Pierre Herme, so honestly nothing was going to measure up to that. Look forward to next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingMerryDined on 8/8/2014We have enjoyed both outdoor lunch and indoor dining. The service was amazing three out of the four visits. A glitch on one occasion was disappointing but handled appropriately in the end. Would highly recommend this wonderful addition to the Columbia scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ooh La La. Amazing!!!JimDeeDined on 8/6/2014What a Treat! Welcome to Our Neighborhood. We felt like we were beamed to Paris. Our Server Kelly was superb at helping us with our food and wine choices. Monsieur Francois saved us from decorating ourselves with our wine when he noticed our wobbly table and fixed it on-the-spot. Having the French Onion Soup first was like Having Dessert First. Both the Trout and the Bronzinno are our Favorites. Go ahead and spoil yourself at Petit Louis. We did and we will again sometime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So glad to have in Columbia!LindaDined on 8/6/2014Our first visit to Petit Louis Bistro. Great food and beautiful decor. Our server was outstanding. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/5/2014Nice to have Petit Louis in Columbia. I hope the residents learn to appreciate the quality that has arrived in their neighborhood, as the restaurant was disappointingly empty, even for a Tuesday evening. We are used to the bustle of the Roland park location and were happy to try the new restaurant, which is closer to home. As at the original location, Petit Louis offers superb food, drink and service. Here's hoping for many years of success in Columbia!Special Features:
- great experiencefuturechefDined on 8/3/2014Had a really nice time. The service was excellent and the staff was knowledgeable in pairing your wine with the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal- Attentive ServerdiningforpleasureDined on 8/3/2014We had a wonderful time at Petit-Louis. Our reservation went without a hitch and our server astutely sized up the meals we chose and suggested perfect wine pairings. Expensive wines- not in my case- my glass of white Burgundy to go with the bronzino and the aubergine dish was only $7. Though service was not efficient, itit was courteous, helpful, and every part of the meal tasted wonderful. With a new establishment, it takes time to fine tune, but our first experience here did not disappoint in the least. We will definitely come back and are delighted with yet another excellent choice for dining available in Columbia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NormVIPDined on 8/2/2014The food and service was very good - but the noise was bad - way too many tables and people jammed into a small room. I hope week day nights are better.
- HenryDined on 8/2/2014Petite Louis in Columbia was disappointing. First, it was noisy; very noisy; so much so that it was uncomfortable. It was difficult to hear other dinner guests at a table of four. Secondly, the couscous entrée was too salty. Third, the service was too pretentious. While the waiter was attentive, he was also a bit fawning. We have eaten at the PL in Baltimore and while it has many of the same qualities, it also has a more intimate feel. We would return to the Baltimore restaurant, but not Columbia.
- Great night out!Cindy58VIPDined on 8/2/2014We were celebrating a friends birthday - and we have a very memorable evening! Great food and wonderful service.Special Features:
- New Menu Please21044Dined on 7/31/2014I guess Petit Louis has been open for about 6 months and we have been there at least that many times but now we are ready for a new menu. We keep returning because the food is good, we just want to have other choices. The friends we took thoroughly enjoyed their meal but found the noise level a bit high. The service was excellent and not over the top as on previous occasions when our dinner conversation was interrupted a few too many times answering the question "is everything satisfactory" or words to that effect. We will continue to din at Petit Louis an by the way they do have the very best quiche Lorraine - someone tell me how they get it so high and fluffy, it's just magnificent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely restaurantWoodiemDined on 7/29/2014Well represents a French bistro. Atmosphere good and all staff competent and professional. Food is delicious and well presented. A relaxed environment while still providing an elegant ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best kept secretdrfisher5Dined on 7/29/2014How this place isn't more crowded is beyond me! Great food and service!Special Features:
- Perfectly ServiceableSeamusDined on 7/29/2014Decent food at appropriate prices. No surprises here. Poulet a l 'estragon for two was moist, tender and tasty - a little light on the veggie garniture. Steak frites were fine. Frog legs were weak. The oily sauce degraded the crispy coating on the legs so they were mushy and a bit insipid. The accompanying haricot were the best part of the dish. Also, when did waitstaff start using 'we' so much? As in: 'How are we doing tonight?' and 'Are we having desert tonight?'. Are they including themselves in our dining experience? If so, please split the bill with me. If not, then please forgo the third-person plural as I'm sure 'you' know how 'you' are doing and what 'you' are eating without asking 'me'. It comes off as patronizing.Special Features:
- Farm Table FrenchjjfoodieDined on 7/27/2014This is not high Parisian food (no crepes or souffles) but the menu does have french staples such as escargot. Everything was good, if a little on the bland side. We tried two of the three confit dishes but the standouts were the croquettes, fried eggplant, and chocolate mousse for desert. The recommended wine was also outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine, dinner and amazing service!MarieDined on 7/26/2014I wanted to take my mother and her two sisters out for a special dinner, so I chose Petite Louis in Columbia. We love the original in Roland Park. I have to say that I enjoyed the bistro environment in Columbia even more than the orginal! It is louder, but we liked the energy. The two-tops are pretty closed to one another so I'm not sure about a romantic dinner, but the walk around Lake Kittamaqundi was nice after dinner. Our waiter, Francois, was a delight! We placed our wine and food selections in his hands and we were pleased with every recommendation. The short ribs, duck and quiche were just fabulous! Leave room for the cheese, profiteroles and chocolate "pudding;" they are not to be missed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not the same as Baltimore locationicemanVIPDined on 7/26/2014We are very fond of Petit Louis on Roland Avenue in Baltimore, so we visited their Columbia location about a month ago. It was fine at that visit. So we went back last Saturday. We were served our appetizers promptly, but waited at least 40 minutes for the next course. We were ready to just leave, when our entrees finally arrived. We were told the reason it was taking so long to get the entrees was that the chef wanted to make sure that they were prepared "right". We ate some of what they served, and paid the check and left-----unhappy! In their favor, I will admit they removed the charge for the two entrees from our check on their own. But it "ain't the same" as their Baltimore restaurant.
- Amazing Wine and FoodKyleEDined on 7/25/2014After our second visit to Petit Louis - Columbia, I am happy to say that it is an amazing experience. They have an extensive wine list and staff to help you navigate this wine list. The food is also amazing from the omelets to the duck everything my husband and I have tasted has been wonderful. We will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad You're In Columbia!JackieDined on 7/25/2014Meal was absolutely delicious. One of us had the restaurant week menu, the others ordered a la carte. No one was disappointed! I especially like that you have smaller options for dessert, like the bon bons and macarons. It is so nice to be able to indulge but not overdo. We hope to try the bakery/coffee shop next door soon. The service was very enthusiastic - I think that while it was evident that some of the servers were new and there were a few minor missteps, it was equally obvious that Tony and the rest of the staff were providing immediate guidance, and I expect the service will only get better and better with time.Special Features:
- dinner at 57at5Dined on 7/25/2014This was our fourth visit. Service was very quick and receptive. The food for five of the seven family members was excellent. Two orders of magret de canard(duck breast) with mashed potatoes were cold. We ordered medium(warm, pink) and both orders were very rare. I did tell the waiter. We did not have the time to send it back. Our previous visits were very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.