Petit Louis Bistro - Roland Park
4800 Roland Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21210Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Petit Louis Bistro - Roland Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.petitlouis.com/
- Phone: (410) 366-9393
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday – Friday: 11:30am – 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm; Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:30am – 2pm; Sunday Dinner 5pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, Comfort Food, French
- Executive Chef: Ben Lefenfeld
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private party menus are available for larger groups. Please contact the Private Party Coordinator for additional information.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Piland 4103669393x
A word from Petit Louis Bistro - Roland Park
Tony Foreman and Cindy Wolf’s uptown eatery features classic French Bistro fare, an extensive, award winning French wine list & a lively Parisian atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Petit Louis Bistro - Roland Park - Best Restaurants in Roland Park ›
Petit Louis Bistro - Roland Park reviews from OpenTable diners
253 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (182)neighborhood gem (179)special occasion (147)notable wine list (139)romantic (85)great for lunch (67)great for brunch (64)good for groups (26)hot spot (24)kid-friendly (16)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- BramsDined on 11/18/2014Excellent service and ambience makes you want to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- janetVIPDined on 11/16/2014Always a pleasure to dine @ Petit Louis. Usually we are there for lunch or dinner, but this time it was a lovely family brunch celebrating my husband's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- continues to rock my world every time I returnyummyDined on 11/16/2014We hadn't ever had brunch because we typically go for dinner. We had Morgan as our server and he was amazing. We decided to share 4 things so we could enjoy sweet and savory and not be limited to one plate person. He was able to suggest the BEST pairings for each course. We had a fabulous time and gave him a 30% tip. I loved the eggs benedict on brioche toast. All the taste without too much bread filler.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodTJ17Dined on 11/15/2014The food was fantastic. Service was good with the exception of drinks. It took forever to get a glass of wine for my girlfriend and a cocktail for myself. I suspect that the bar was backed up. This is a very crowded restaurant and most of the tables are very close together. Not the kind of place that is setup for private conversations. We had a reservation but still had to wait about 20 minutes for a table. Expect to be elbow to elbow with your neighbors but the chef makes you forget about most of the negatives!! Pumpkin soup was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JohnVVIPDined on 11/14/2014Food and service are always fantastic. Very busy and noisey. Not good for kids. Very european atmosphere.Special Features:
- As Always, Completely DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014The food is amazing as always and the service is impeccable. We were sat very close to another table and heard their whole conversation all night because the woman spoke very loudly but that wasn't the restaurants fault. I always go for the specials and they never disappoint!Special Features:
- My Very FavoriteOldBaltimoreDivaVIPDined on 11/5/2014I have reviewed Petit Louis Bistro many times. And my opinion of my wonderful "home away from home" remains the same - excellent! If one has not dined at Petit Louis Bistro, they are missing a very special culinary dining experience. Once again, Bravo!Special Features:
- ExquisiteJazzFesterDined on 11/4/2014Wonderful food, wine and ambiance. Petit Louis sets the standard high for French cuisine in Baltimore.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/4/2014Cramped, tiny tables that require rubbing shoulders with the diners next to you, & tres noisy. Faux, faux, faux French dining. Rushed service (pas- de-Paris!) If you must have the Parisian experience… It's not in Baltimore… don't pretend…go to Paris.
- Birthday lunchPlainmary45Dined on 11/4/2014Service and food were very good. Menu is a little limited. Would recommend for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bonne repasjazzVIPDined on 11/1/2014We had a very good if pricey meal at PL. We appreciated the warm welcome and accomodations that the staff made for our reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StorckDined on 10/31/2014Restaurant has lost its character since becoming a chain. Service is poor especially if the waiter is dealing with multiple cheese platter requests. Would try other French restaurants than this one. Too bad, used to be our favorite.Special Features:
- What a gem!MMofBaltimoreVIPDined on 10/27/2014This is a wonderful restaurant with a bakery so you can take home fresh bread or just have a wonderul sandwich and soup. The wine list is excellent.Special Features:
- KeepSmilingDined on 10/26/2014This resturant is a great Sunday brunch spot. Very relaxing with wonderful fresh food. Menu changes seasonally. The brunch crowd is quiet with a family orientation. The dinner crowd is more energized but the food is still outstanding traditional french.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/25/2014We're regulars. We love everything about this place.Special Features:
- Frapper la tache!DanGVIPDined on 10/25/2014Flew across the country for a college "parent weekend" and our daughter begged for "a nice French dinner" out. Petit Louis Bistro hit the spot for all three of us. Wait service was attentive, friendly, and helpful with menu selections. Menu offered many intriguing choices. Wine list is impressive, but also includes some very good budget-conscious choices for those of us reeling from college tuition. Sadly, now the food in the college cafeteria will seem even more disappointing than before for my daughter.Special Features:
- Always the BestNancyDined on 10/25/2014The most perfect moderately priced location in Baltimore! The food and service is always second to none for the price.Special Features:
- Always love this place!anieaVIPDined on 10/23/2014The food was just wonderful, we could not have been happier. Brought a friend from San Francisco who had just spent a few days in New York and she was really impressed with the quality of the food. Great menu! The service was knowledgeable, crisp and some of the best around. We always return. ,Special Features:
- Lyon DinnerChrisVIPDined on 10/21/2014We went for the Lyon prix fixe, and it was absolutely wonderful. Both the presentation and the food were incredible. I can't wait to go back again!Special Features:
- once again the bestdancerDined on 10/19/2014when my friend Barry is in town he only wants to go to Petite Louis -- this time we added another guest and she also had a memorable evening -- we always do the whole nine yards -- appetizers to cheese to dessert -- once again it was wonderful -- we ordered all new plates (except me I always have duck!) and our waiter gave such detailed mouth watering descriptions it was hard to decide -- the sommelier suggested 2 really lovely wines for dinner and cheese that enhanced the flavors of our dinner -- this is a bistro to come to for soup and salad or a full 5 course mealSpecial Features:
- Birthday Treat from my WifeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/19/2014To begin we ordered Onion and Butternut Squash soup. Both were spectacular. My soup was served correctly slightly warm cheese on top and when you turned the spoon to bring up the onions a spot of steam was presented. My wife enjoyed the Butternut squash with a blend of Paprika and olive oil. Main dish was Poached eggs and ham she had ham quiche. Our waited fooled me with a birthday dessert of Caramel toped flan. We now remember what we have missed with this restaurant. You can't go wrongSpecial Features:
- Fantastic DinnerGoodFoodwithGoodFriendsDined on 10/18/2014Service, food and atmosphere was great! Petit Louis is the place I go where I am confident I will always have the best of the best.Special Features:
- Fabulous French Fare!GBowenDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I went to Petit Louis Bistro for my birthday and had a wonderful time. The waitress was extremely knowledgeable and was able to help us navigate the French wine list based on our food selections. We had the French onion soup, mussels, chicken breast and the duck leg confit. The duck was by far the best i've ever had - the skin was crispy and extremely flavorful and the meat was so tender it literally was falling off the bone. This will absolutely be put into our special occasions rotation!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/17/2014Petit Louis continues to deliver reliably good food and service. I have been coming here since it opened and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- First time, first impressionsJimHVIPDined on 10/12/2014I am a regular in the group of restaurants and had not yet ventured out to the famed Petit Louis Bistro. I was very excited to bring a fellow foodie who was visiting from out of town. Our service was great and so was the delicious cauliflower soup. We both remarked on how amazing and savory it was. Unfortunately, the quiche lorraine was so underwhelming that neither of us finished it. It felt like something I could have bought at any bakery/deli. Given the experience I've had everywhere else in the family, I will be back to give it another try.Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerPeggyBDined on 10/11/2014We had a wonderful dinner with a wonderful atmosphere!Special Features:
- Excellent as usualChadDined on 10/11/2014Attentive service, well prepared basic French bistro fare, and a pleasant neighborhood environment. Outstanding wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Closer to Paris!GoodEatsDined on 10/10/2014Well, I had the pleasure of dining at Petit Louis again and since I've traveled to Paris, my attitude has changed about the noise level. I get it now. I ate by myself, but chatted with my neighbors and had a very enjoyable evening. I'll be back again and again. Next time I'll call directly and speak with Patrick whom I had the pleasure of meeting.Special Features:
- Surprisingly goodJoe3Dined on 10/10/2014I've eaten at Petit Louis before, and the food was (as is) consistently good. But in previous visits I found the service to be off - too few servers, too long a wait between service visits. This time however - my impression was they significantly stepped up their game. The food was very good - and the service was impeccable - timely but not intrusive, and this with a rather packed house (it was a busy Friday evening). I was pleasantly impressed. Petit Louis definitely moved up several notches on my "go to" list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jvrvDined on 10/9/2014Outstanding service staff, great menu. We had the beet salad, salmon and steak frites. Everything was exceptional. I highly recommend this restaurant. We will be back.Special Features:
- Always enjoy PLHilanneDined on 10/7/2014Always noisy always welcoming and I always enjoy the duck confit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very noisy!!DeniseDined on 10/6/2014Requested a quiet table THREE weeks in advance, and request was not honored. For regulars who never make requests, I found this unreasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely neighborhood French bistroces1Dined on 10/5/2014We had onion soup and fois gras appetizers. Both very good. We followed the advice of the sommelier who suggested a wine to go with the fois gras, which really enhanced the experience. For the main dish we had the duck breast and the steak frites. Both were excellent. Lovely bistro atmosphere, good buzz of conversation in the room, excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerMeals4PtsDined on 10/4/2014My husband is new to the area and I have been introducing him to the variety of restaurants in Baltimore. Petit Louis was one of the Foreman/Wolf restaurants that I wanted to introduce. So, when my husband asked me to look for a quaint place to have a low-key anniversary celebration, this was my first choice. Like our meals and service at Charleston, Cinghiale and Johnny's, we enjoyed our experience at Petit Louis. I had dined there many years before and enjoyed the food and Parisian ambiance, so I was hoping not much had changed. I wasn't disappointed. The entire staff was very attentive and from the time we arrived til the time we left, the staff was very thoughtful in making note of our special occasion. The evening was perfect!Special Features:
- Love this restaurantClassactDined on 10/3/2014The waiters and waitresses are true professsionals. They have style and real grace. The food is excellent.Special Features:
- Dependably ScrumptiousLeptodoraDined on 10/2/2014Petit Louis is always a delight to visit. The staff is as outstanding as the food. Whenever there is a lecture at St. Marys, we always dine at Petit Louis. It really starts the evening off right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome, as per usualkateewaldVIPDined on 9/28/2014Thanks again for another great time! An impromptu brunch turned into a special, indulgent occasion. Great service and food - I'm still stuffed!Special Features:
- GemPeterChicagoDined on 9/28/2014Wonderful Overall experience. Food, service and atmosphere reminded me of being in Paris.Special Features:
- Enjoyable bistroOutoftownDined on 9/28/2014Petit Louis is modeled after a typical French bistro in its décor. The restaurant is situated on an attractive street in a residential area with old homes. The brunch menu offers numerous options from scrambled eggs to chicken breast with mushrooms inspired by a French approach. The atmosphere at brunch was calm and relaxed. Parking in front of the restaurant is somewhat limited, but we were able to find a spot on the street.Special Features:
- Wonderful French bistroTwoBaltimoreFoodiesDined on 9/26/2014Really enjoyed our first time dining at Petit Louis Bistro. We were there for a birthday dinner and we were not disappointed. The bread (baked in house!) and butternut squash soup was a great start. We had the trout almondine and salmon grille. The food tasted wonderful and the portions were perfect (left us feeling full but not stuffed). The only mark off was for dessert: the pear tart was simply OK.Special Features: