Petit Louis Bistro - Roland Park
4800 Roland Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21210Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Petit Louis Bistro - Roland Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.petitlouis.com/
- Phone: 4103669393x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday – Friday: 11:30am – 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm; Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:30am – 2pm; Sunday Dinner 5pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, Comfort Food, French
- Executive Chef: Ben Lefenfeld
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private party menus are available for larger groups. Please contact the Private Party Coordinator for additional information.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Piland 4103669393x
A word from Petit Louis Bistro - Roland Park
Tony Foreman and Cindy Wolf’s uptown eatery features classic French Bistro fare, an extensive, award winning French wine list & a lively Parisian atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Petit Louis Bistro - Roland Park - Best Restaurants in Roland Park ›
Petit Louis Bistro - Roland Park reviews from OpenTable diners
278 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (193)neighborhood gem (181)special occasion (173)notable wine list (157)romantic (119)great for lunch (73)great for brunch (66)good for groups (25)hot spot (24)kid-friendly (19)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Formerly greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014From the moment we sat down, our waitress made us feel unwelcome. The others who participated in the meal were outstanding, as in the past. They would aim for the little extras and friendliness that made service there special. Our main server seemed to resent that we were there, and perhaps, keeping her from something more pressing. We have enjoyed the food tremendously in the past. Last night it was just ok. Something is off about the place.
- Always a treat :)dnk2VIPDined on 8/30/2014As always a great dining experience...the fennel soup was very good...short rib main dish was excellent...whole shrimp very good as well...definitely worth trying the goat milk ice cream too!Special Features:
- very unique placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Took wife there for 20th anniversary and she loved it.Special Features:
- YumShoogieDined on 8/27/2014Never had less than a fabulous meal here. Tried the short rib this time and it was not a mistake. Such a good muni makes decisions difficult.Special Features:
- Perfectionamw410Dined on 8/22/2014The Petit Louis experience is unparalleled. From Patrick's enthusiastic "Bonsoir!" to the special attention given to the occasion you may be celebrating, you feel immediately like a regular. When the excellent server staff attend to your needs at the table, there is a sense of sincere joy in what they are doing. We ordered starters of onion soup gratinee and the charcuterie du jour. Both were notable for their simplicity. For our main courses we enjoyed the duck leg confit and steak frites. Some of the best pommes frites we have ever tasted. We finished with Brillat Savarin cheese - layered with truffles. A special treat of dessert sparking wine followed a great bottle of reasonably priced Cotes du Rhone. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Amazing!ErinFDined on 8/22/2014This was my second visit to Petit Louis and it was just as amazing as the first! We had a delicious meal, great wine and yummy desserts! I highly suggest for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent as alwayscfoodDined on 8/22/2014I am never disappointed at Petit Louis. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly , and professional. And the food is ALWAYS excellent. I have been a customer here since they opened . I cannot say enough good things about them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service excellencewonderfulDined on 8/19/2014i have never had such wonderful elegant service....it was our first time there and wont be our last even tho we live in miami!! fantastic food and atmosphere as wellSpecial Features:
- Fine dining experienceDrEGDined on 8/16/2014The food was excellent and the service outstanding . I happen to understand French but for those who don't it can be annoying when most of the plates and ingredients are mentioned in French . The proximity of the tables can make conversations challenging at times. Overall an enjoyable dinner especially the cheese tray at the end of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AnniversaryKNAnnapolisDined on 8/16/2014Petit Louis Bistro helped my wife and me celebrate our 40th anniversary. The food was delicious and they did a great job responding to specific dietary needs. Overall, we had a wonderful meal in a beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DutchtreatDined on 8/14/2014This was a find in the middle of a quiet Baltimore neighborhood. The menu was extensive, the food well-prepared and the service excellent.Special Features:
- our favoritenathan10VIPDined on 8/12/2014We love everything about the restaurant. The staff is terrific. Friendly whenever we are there. Food is always good and we love the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet night outYum1000Dined on 8/11/2014Came here for my boyfriend's birthday! Everything was really tasty but the two stars of the whole night were the Eggplant Napoleon with tomatoes & chèvre and the Peach Tart. The manager is extremely friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Baltimore bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014Been going here for 10 years visiting Baltimore every year from New York. Love love love it at Petit Louie. You will be hard pressed to believe you're not in Paris! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistantLouieDined on 8/10/2014After several visits, the food has always been well prepared and served. Service is very efficient and anticipatory of needs. Very French bistro atmosphere similar those experienced in France.Special Features:
- great in every categoryLuv2eatDined on 8/10/2014We came here for restaurant week and has a great experience. We took the prefix menu and both appetizers we had were outstanding. My hatband is normally an eggplant hater but he wanted more of my eggplant. The mains and dessert were good as well. The service was attentive but not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is great, service not so muchPertase1Dined on 8/9/2014I was looking forward to going to Petite Louis for weeks. We were seated immediately and our server comes over after about 30 seconds asks if we know what we want to drink. We asked for some more time. She came back in exactly one minute and asked again and if we knew what we wanted to eat. We asked for a little more time since we just opened our menus. She then did not come back for 15 minutes. I saw here whisper something to the manager and he came over and asked "if we were hungry". I laughed. After our first course the original server comes over with two wine glasses and puts them on the table. After a couple of minutes she runs back and removes the glasses. Stating "these were for a different table. Wow.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/9/2014Went for Restaurant Week was a tad apprehensive as the reviews were mixed. The aubergine appetizer was to excellent. Opted for the wine pairing and was happy with the selections. Though this restaurant is not close to me it was a great find. it's a shame that the sister restaurant in Columbia did not have a similar selection to choose from (they had one prix fix menu and no choices among the courses)Special Features:
- Outstanding food and serviceBmoreDined on 8/8/2014The service was impeccable and the food was great. The only problem is the very high noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Visited thanks to Restaurant Week. Got the RW 3 course meals with wine pairings. That gave us tastes of nice wines we never had paired by pro's. Wait staff was perfect- some French accents for authenticity, knowledgeable about the wines, didn't ask every five minutes about how was our meal (because they already knew it was great), good pace so we were not rushed or waiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh? Speak up, darling ...2WhoGnuDined on 8/8/2014A potentially romantic (and delicious) dining experience that we will not repeat. The noise level was obnoxiously intrusive. We couldn't hear each other at all and simply gave up conversing, ate, and left. Too bad. Everything else was really good.Special Features:
- neighborVIPDined on 8/7/2014We enjoyed our lunch immensely, as always! Quiche is the best anywhere and we loved the profiteroles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Romantic PlaceChichofiloVIPDined on 8/6/2014Superb food. Outstanding, friendly and knowledgeable staff. Very attentive and having the sommelier serve our wine was a treat. The bread and butter was so god that I could make a meal of just that! The young man who waited on us was excellent very charming, great sense of humor and his manners and knowledge speaks well of the training he received at your Restaurant. Superb experience. This is why one goes to a Restaurant such as yours! We'll be back and soon.Special Features:
- OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014The food was okay, nothing fabulous. Despite the stuck up server making a big deal about the duck being cooked medium rare, the duck was overcooked. Also they forgot to add the coco nibs/sprinkles/ whatever was supposed to add the crunch to the chocolate mousse. I had heard really good things about this restaurant, however I did go for restaurant week, so maybe they could not handle the high loads well. Or maybe people get fooled by the price and think they are getting an amazing experience. I have been to France, the food here is fine but nothing super innovative.Special Features:
- Excellent, as alwaysNWGWHuntValleyDined on 8/5/2014Petit Louis Bistro offers one of the most consistent fine dining experiences in the area. The service is impeccable and the preparations measured and delightful. A simple mesclun salad carries a subtle dressing that enhances, but does not overpower, the fresh greens. Each entree is memorable. Having moved here recently, Petit Louis Bistro is an additional plus of living in this area.Special Features:
- It was nice but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/4/2014Love the ambience/decor but the food was a bit disappointing. Missed the garlic butter on the escargot and the duck entree was undercooked and the acompaniments were bland. The rest of our meal (salad, steak and pomme frites, etc were tasty and the wine pairings were lovely..just wish the whole experience was above just "good". I also felt a bit rushed and for this type of dinner, should not feel this way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent french cuisineLooper001Dined on 8/3/2014My husband and I went to Petit Louis Bistro - Roland Park for restaurant week, and it did not disappoint. I had not been there for several years, so it was great to see that it had not changed. My husband had never been, so it was a treat to give him this experience. He absolutely fell in love with the Duck Breast, Peaches, Endive and Plum Gastrique entrée. I had the Crispy Eggplant Napoleon appetizer which was out of this world. If you enjoy wine, the pairings option is definitely the way to go. They have a wonderful sommelier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great service, so so appetizersDLBmoreDined on 8/3/2014Great service. The food was a mixed bag. My wife did not like her appetizer. I went with a reliable entree, the Croque Monsieur which did not disappoint. The menu reflects the seasonal availability of items, which is a problem when you go in desiring the French Spring vegetable soup and they don't have it (not to be unexpected in August I guess). The soup Du Jour was a cream-based Fennel. Not so good. It was replaced at our server's insistence (again 5 stars for service) and my wife chose the Eggplant Napoleon. The eggplant itself was excellent. Thinly sliced, breaded, crisp and delicious, but was overwhelmed by the cheese layer which was so pungent my wife had to eat a piece of bread to try to get the taste out of her mouth.Special Features:
- Good food and wine pairingsApple997Dined on 8/3/2014Our waiter was very knowledgable about the wine and food preparation. The Desert wines were perfect. I had no idea how the food could be enhanced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first time at Petit Louis BistroFoodAdventurerDined on 8/3/2014My friend and I really enjoyed the atmosphere, the service and the food. I would recommend this place for a special place to eat. I look forward to trying something else when I go again.Special Features:
- A Baltimore GemTomLightVIPDined on 8/2/2014This was not our first or last time to Petit Louis. My wife and I always have a superior experience here but with the savings of Baltimore Restaurant Week it is just that much better.Special Features:
- Will be back again!AlisonDined on 8/2/2014The food was great, the service was awesome, and getting there/parking was easy as well. We had the salmon and duck breast which were both delicious. I asked for my salmon to be well done, though it comes medium...I should have trusted the chef - it was still good but obviously the chef knows better. I had the fennel soup = very good, my husband had the charcuterie which was also very good. For dessert, we had the chocolate mousse which was awesome, but I wish I would have gotten the seasonal berry dish - that looked even better! Its a bit expensive so going here on restaurant week made it very worth our while, however, our meal was so good that we would come back regardless of restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemFrenchieDined on 8/2/2014Food was great but the wine pairing was not worth the extra money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Petite Poo-pooOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/1/2014Best chicken breast of my life. Most of the food was played beautifully. The only complaint was the presentation of chocolate mousse was rather unpleasant. I'll the more graphic image. Sorta of ended the meal on a poor note.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over-obsequious serviceCliffDined on 7/31/2014The most striking thing about the place was the over-attentive, over-verbose, pretentious waiters. Followed by the high prices. Nothing special about the food, except my eggplant appetizer. Would have preferred menu completely in English.
- EatoutDined on 7/29/2014I very much enjoyed the outstanding Pris Fixe selection. Our service was excellent. The ambiance in the restaurant is charming.Special Features:
- Consistently greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/27/2014As before this is great French cuisine which is friendly and unpretentious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid DinnereatwellDined on 7/26/2014We loved our dining experience. Simply outstanding waitress and sommelier. Brilliant wine list. Excellent food. I can prepare escargot better, but that was minor to a meal of excellent entrees, outstanding cheese, delicious deserts and great hospitality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Towson AreaOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/26/2014I have been in the Towson area frequently in the last year and have "dined around". This IS the very best restuarant in this area and I wish we had a restuarant of this quality at home. Duck, trout, omelette, appetizers, salads all are fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysArt42Dined on 7/24/2014We celebrated our 3rd anniversary in a row at Petit Louis and there is a very good reason for doing so...we have never been disappointed! This one was our 49th and sets up a real conundrum for what to do for our 50th. Oh heck, we'll just do two celebrations.Special Features: