Petit Louis Bistro - Roland Park
4800 Roland Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21210Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Petit Louis Bistro - Roland Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.petitlouis.com/
- Phone: 4103669393x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday – Friday: 11:30am – 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm; Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:30am – 2pm; Sunday Dinner 5pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, Comfort Food, French
- Executive Chef: Ben Lefenfeld
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private party menus are available for larger groups. Please contact the Private Party Coordinator for additional information.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Piland 4103669393x
A word from Petit Louis Bistro - Roland Park
Tony Foreman and Cindy Wolf’s uptown eatery features classic French Bistro fare, an extensive, award winning French wine list & a lively Parisian atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Petit Louis Bistro - Roland Park - Best Restaurants in Roland Park ›
Petit Louis Bistro - Roland Park reviews from OpenTable diners
250 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (177)neighborhood gem (174)special occasion (143)notable wine list (131)romantic (86)great for lunch (62)great for brunch (59)good for groups (28)hot spot (25)kid-friendly (17)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Lyon DinnerChrisVIPDined on 10/21/2014We went for the Lyon prix fixe, and it was absolutely wonderful. Both the presentation and the food were incredible. I can't wait to go back again!Special Features:
- once again the bestdancerDined on 10/19/2014when my friend Barry is in town he only wants to go to Petite Louis -- this time we added another guest and she also had a memorable evening -- we always do the whole nine yards -- appetizers to cheese to dessert -- once again it was wonderful -- we ordered all new plates (except me I always have duck!) and our waiter gave such detailed mouth watering descriptions it was hard to decide -- the sommelier suggested 2 really lovely wines for dinner and cheese that enhanced the flavors of our dinner -- this is a bistro to come to for soup and salad or a full 5 course mealSpecial Features:
- Birthday Treat from my WifeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/19/2014To begin we ordered Onion and Butternut Squash soup. Both were spectacular. My soup was served correctly slightly warm cheese on top and when you turned the spoon to bring up the onions a spot of steam was presented. My wife enjoyed the Butternut squash with a blend of Paprika and olive oil. Main dish was Poached eggs and ham she had ham quiche. Our waited fooled me with a birthday dessert of Caramel toped flan. We now remember what we have missed with this restaurant. You can't go wrongSpecial Features:
- Fantastic DinnerGoodFoodwithGoodFriendsDined on 10/18/2014Service, food and atmosphere was great! Petit Louis is the place I go where I am confident I will always have the best of the best.Special Features:
- Fabulous French Fare!GBowenDined on 10/17/2014My husband and I went to Petit Louis Bistro for my birthday and had a wonderful time. The waitress was extremely knowledgeable and was able to help us navigate the French wine list based on our food selections. We had the French onion soup, mussels, chicken breast and the duck leg confit. The duck was by far the best i've ever had - the skin was crispy and extremely flavorful and the meat was so tender it literally was falling off the bone. This will absolutely be put into our special occasions rotation!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/17/2014Petit Louis continues to deliver reliably good food and service. I have been coming here since it opened and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- First time, first impressionsJimHVIPDined on 10/12/2014I am a regular in the group of restaurants and had not yet ventured out to the famed Petit Louis Bistro. I was very excited to bring a fellow foodie who was visiting from out of town. Our service was great and so was the delicious cauliflower soup. We both remarked on how amazing and savory it was. Unfortunately, the quiche lorraine was so underwhelming that neither of us finished it. It felt like something I could have bought at any bakery/deli. Given the experience I've had everywhere else in the family, I will be back to give it another try.Special Features:
- Excellent DinnerPeggyBDined on 10/11/2014We had a wonderful dinner with a wonderful atmosphere!Special Features:
- Excellent as usualChadDined on 10/11/2014Attentive service, well prepared basic French bistro fare, and a pleasant neighborhood environment. Outstanding wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Closer to Paris!GoodEatsDined on 10/10/2014Well, I had the pleasure of dining at Petit Louis again and since I've traveled to Paris, my attitude has changed about the noise level. I get it now. I ate by myself, but chatted with my neighbors and had a very enjoyable evening. I'll be back again and again. Next time I'll call directly and speak with Patrick whom I had the pleasure of meeting.Special Features:
- Surprisingly goodJoe3Dined on 10/10/2014I've eaten at Petit Louis before, and the food was (as is) consistently good. But in previous visits I found the service to be off - too few servers, too long a wait between service visits. This time however - my impression was they significantly stepped up their game. The food was very good - and the service was impeccable - timely but not intrusive, and this with a rather packed house (it was a busy Friday evening). I was pleasantly impressed. Petit Louis definitely moved up several notches on my "go to" list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jvrvDined on 10/9/2014Outstanding service staff, great menu. We had the beet salad, salmon and steak frites. Everything was exceptional. I highly recommend this restaurant. We will be back.Special Features:
- Always enjoy PLHilanneDined on 10/7/2014Always noisy always welcoming and I always enjoy the duck confit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very noisy!!DeniseDined on 10/6/2014Requested a quiet table THREE weeks in advance, and request was not honored. For regulars who never make requests, I found this unreasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely neighborhood French bistroces1Dined on 10/5/2014We had onion soup and fois gras appetizers. Both very good. We followed the advice of the sommelier who suggested a wine to go with the fois gras, which really enhanced the experience. For the main dish we had the duck breast and the steak frites. Both were excellent. Lovely bistro atmosphere, good buzz of conversation in the room, excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary DinnerMeals4PtsDined on 10/4/2014My husband is new to the area and I have been introducing him to the variety of restaurants in Baltimore. Petit Louis was one of the Foreman/Wolf restaurants that I wanted to introduce. So, when my husband asked me to look for a quaint place to have a low-key anniversary celebration, this was my first choice. Like our meals and service at Charleston, Cinghiale and Johnny's, we enjoyed our experience at Petit Louis. I had dined there many years before and enjoyed the food and Parisian ambiance, so I was hoping not much had changed. I wasn't disappointed. The entire staff was very attentive and from the time we arrived til the time we left, the staff was very thoughtful in making note of our special occasion. The evening was perfect!Special Features:
- Love this restaurantClassactDined on 10/3/2014The waiters and waitresses are true professsionals. They have style and real grace. The food is excellent.Special Features:
- Dependably ScrumptiousLeptodoraDined on 10/2/2014Petit Louis is always a delight to visit. The staff is as outstanding as the food. Whenever there is a lecture at St. Marys, we always dine at Petit Louis. It really starts the evening off right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome, as per usualkateewaldVIPDined on 9/28/2014Thanks again for another great time! An impromptu brunch turned into a special, indulgent occasion. Great service and food - I'm still stuffed!Special Features:
- GemPeterChicagoDined on 9/28/2014Wonderful Overall experience. Food, service and atmosphere reminded me of being in Paris.Special Features:
- Enjoyable bistroOutoftownDined on 9/28/2014Petit Louis is modeled after a typical French bistro in its décor. The restaurant is situated on an attractive street in a residential area with old homes. The brunch menu offers numerous options from scrambled eggs to chicken breast with mushrooms inspired by a French approach. The atmosphere at brunch was calm and relaxed. Parking in front of the restaurant is somewhat limited, but we were able to find a spot on the street.Special Features:
- Wonderful French bistroTwoBaltimoreFoodiesDined on 9/26/2014Really enjoyed our first time dining at Petit Louis Bistro. We were there for a birthday dinner and we were not disappointed. The bread (baked in house!) and butternut squash soup was a great start. We had the trout almondine and salmon grille. The food tasted wonderful and the portions were perfect (left us feeling full but not stuffed). The only mark off was for dessert: the pear tart was simply OK.Special Features:
- Food and Service OutstandingHungryManBob1Dined on 9/26/2014We loved the total experience from walking in to our seating. the food was very delicious flavorful. Impeccable service, Will go back again.Special Features:
- French DinningbkalldayDined on 9/26/2014We loved it. ... .................................. ......................... ..................................... ..................................Special Features:
- A little piece of ParislaurenwDined on 9/26/2014Our date night visit to Petit Louis exceeded expectations. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable & the restaurant was decorated beautifully. The whole experience was like a little piece of Paris in Roland Park. The food was impeccable. We particularly enjoyed our entrees; I had the duck breast & my boyfriend had the lamb sirloin. The sommelier was friendly & gave expert wine suggestions. Our only complaint was that we were seated at a two top table very close to two other couples resulting in a bit less of a romantic experience than we had hoped. We can't wait to revisit this delightful bistro & try some of their other culinary creations!Special Features:
- Wonderful service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014I mentioned that it was our tenth anniversary, and the waitress treated us to an eggplant Napoleon appetizer that was out of this world along with an amazing lunch! We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentDebbieDined on 9/24/2014This restaurant never disappoints. Service is excellent, food is fresh and delicious, great wine list. The best of the Foreman-Wolf group in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovey dinnerluv2dineDined on 9/24/2014This was not my first time dining at Petit Louis. I had visited the restaurant several times for lunch, but never for dinner. I always have been very impressed with the food. I took the opportunity to have dinner with a friend there recently. The food was absolutely great! It is definitely a wonderful choice for lunch or dinner!Special Features:
- Great weeknight spotChrisVIPDined on 9/23/2014Another great meal after a hectic day. Our neighborhood is lucky to have a restaurant with great food and fantastic service that is perfect for special occasions or a mid-week night out.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!frenchfoodieDined on 9/21/2014This restaurant had delicious and authentic french food -- something I was never expecting to find in Baltimore! It's truly a neighborhood gem, tucked away in a suburban corner of the city, yet offering food that stands out. Having tired the chocolate mousse after a fabulous steak frites - some of the best I've had in the US - I'm looking forward to going back and trying everything else on the menu!Special Features:
- AngeleDined on 9/21/2014Great food - fine service! Very nice to have "gifted" the birthday girl with creme brulee - completely unexpected and deliciousSpecial Features:
- BalfrogDined on 9/19/2014Great at ospere, just like a french bistrot! Best steak frites in town Excellent service, Great sommelier and wine list Evening menu could be more exciting...not enough seasonal offerings!Special Features:
- not much lunch foodneighborDined on 9/19/2014Petit Louis is a really great place. The service in particular is far above most restaurants. But if going for lunch plan that it is your main meal of the day. Not really much in terms of light fare or lunch foods on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JustinDined on 9/18/2014The level of service we received was exceptional. Brought some visitors from out of town in on their first night and the restaurant made a great first impression.Special Features:
- Lovely DinnerSusannaFromNewHopeDined on 9/15/2014Petit Louis is consistent: Simple ingredients perfectly prepared. The service is always excellent. The sommelier always helps you choose the perfect wine to compliment your meal. We had the scallops, the lamb tenderloin, and the duck breast, and everyone was quite happy with their choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2cookDined on 9/13/2014We dine at Petit Louis regularly. The food is dependable and excellent and the service is always superb. It is a bistro, but the food is better than mere bistro food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love coming to Petit LouisanieaVIPDined on 9/13/2014Really good, well cooked food and exceptional service. Love this placeSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/13/2014PL Roland Park is always a pleasurable and classic dining experience. Patrick and Jen are warm and welcoming, service is great, food always wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At the top of its gameDenjggVIPDined on 9/12/2014Like a star athletic at peak performance, Petit Louis continues to knock the food ball out of the park. Classic French Bistro dishes served with contemporary flair are crowd pleasers. Along with a rotating list of specials to keep long term patrons onboard. A deep & wine balanced wine list closes the deal. The staff is professional & very knowledgeable and treats regulars and newcomers alike with that magical touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentaeluckettDined on 9/10/2014We had a fabulous time at Petit Louis. The manager, Patrick, makes all the customers feel right at home and very welcome. The food and service were both excellent and the ambiance is excellent! Can't wait to return!Special Features: