Petit Louis Bistro - Roland Park
4800 Roland Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21210Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Petit Louis Bistro - Roland Park
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.petitlouis.com/
- Phone: 4103669393x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday – Friday: 11:30am – 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:00pm – 10:00pm; Friday – Saturday: 5:00pm – 11:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:30am – 2pm; Sunday Dinner 5pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Provencal, Comfort Food, French
- Executive Chef: Ben Lefenfeld
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private party menus are available for larger groups. Please contact the Private Party Coordinator for additional information.
- Private Party Contact: Stephanie Piland 4103669393x
A word from Petit Louis Bistro - Roland Park
Tony Foreman and Cindy Wolf’s uptown eatery features classic French Bistro fare, an extensive, award winning French wine list & a lively Parisian atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Petit Louis Bistro - Roland Park - Best Restaurants in Roland Park ›
Petit Louis Bistro - Roland Park reviews from OpenTable diners
259 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (178)neighborhood gem (175)special occasion (153)notable wine list (141)romantic (98)great for lunch (71)great for brunch (64)good for groups (29)hot spot (22)kid-friendly (20)scenic view (4)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- GemPeterChicagoDined on 9/28/2014Wonderful Overall experience. Food, service and atmosphere reminded me of being in Paris.Special Features:
- Wonderful French bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Really enjoyed our first time dining at Petit Louis Bistro. We were there for a birthday dinner and we were not disappointed. The bread (baked in house!) and butternut squash soup was a great start. We had the trout almondine and salmon grille. The food tasted wonderful and the portions were perfect (left us feeling full but not stuffed). The only mark off was for dessert: the pear tart was simply OK.Special Features:
- Food and Service OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014We loved the total experience from walking in to our seating. the food was very delicious flavorful. Impeccable service, Will go back again.Special Features:
- French DinningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014We loved it. ... .................................. ......................... ..................................... ..................................Special Features:
- A little piece of ParislaurenwDined on 9/26/2014Our date night visit to Petit Louis exceeded expectations. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable & the restaurant was decorated beautifully. The whole experience was like a little piece of Paris in Roland Park. The food was impeccable. We particularly enjoyed our entrees; I had the duck breast & my boyfriend had the lamb sirloin. The sommelier was friendly & gave expert wine suggestions. Our only complaint was that we were seated at a two top table very close to two other couples resulting in a bit less of a romantic experience than we had hoped. We can't wait to revisit this delightful bistro & try some of their other culinary creations!Special Features:
- Wonderful service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/25/2014I mentioned that it was our tenth anniversary, and the waitress treated us to an eggplant Napoleon appetizer that was out of this world along with an amazing lunch! We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently excellentDebbieDined on 9/24/2014This restaurant never disappoints. Service is excellent, food is fresh and delicious, great wine list. The best of the Foreman-Wolf group in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovey dinnerluv2dineDined on 9/24/2014This was not my first time dining at Petit Louis. I had visited the restaurant several times for lunch, but never for dinner. I always have been very impressed with the food. I took the opportunity to have dinner with a friend there recently. The food was absolutely great! It is definitely a wonderful choice for lunch or dinner!Special Features:
- Great weeknight spotChrisVIPDined on 9/23/2014Another great meal after a hectic day. Our neighborhood is lucky to have a restaurant with great food and fantastic service that is perfect for special occasions or a mid-week night out.Special Features:
- Great restaurant!frenchfoodieDined on 9/21/2014This restaurant had delicious and authentic french food -- something I was never expecting to find in Baltimore! It's truly a neighborhood gem, tucked away in a suburban corner of the city, yet offering food that stands out. Having tired the chocolate mousse after a fabulous steak frites - some of the best I've had in the US - I'm looking forward to going back and trying everything else on the menu!Special Features:
- AngeleDined on 9/21/2014Great food - fine service! Very nice to have "gifted" the birthday girl with creme brulee - completely unexpected and deliciousSpecial Features:
- BalfrogDined on 9/19/2014Great at ospere, just like a french bistrot! Best steak frites in town Excellent service, Great sommelier and wine list Evening menu could be more exciting...not enough seasonal offerings!Special Features:
- not much lunch foodneighborDined on 9/19/2014Petit Louis is a really great place. The service in particular is far above most restaurants. But if going for lunch plan that it is your main meal of the day. Not really much in terms of light fare or lunch foods on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JustinDined on 9/18/2014The level of service we received was exceptional. Brought some visitors from out of town in on their first night and the restaurant made a great first impression.Special Features:
- Lovely DinnerSusannaFromNewHopeDined on 9/15/2014Petit Louis is consistent: Simple ingredients perfectly prepared. The service is always excellent. The sommelier always helps you choose the perfect wine to compliment your meal. We had the scallops, the lamb tenderloin, and the duck breast, and everyone was quite happy with their choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luv2cookDined on 9/13/2014We dine at Petit Louis regularly. The food is dependable and excellent and the service is always superb. It is a bistro, but the food is better than mere bistro food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always love coming to Petit LouisanieaDined on 9/13/2014Really good, well cooked food and exceptional service. Love this placeSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/13/2014PL Roland Park is always a pleasurable and classic dining experience. Patrick and Jen are warm and welcoming, service is great, food always wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At the top of its gameDenjggVIPDined on 9/12/2014Like a star athletic at peak performance, Petit Louis continues to knock the food ball out of the park. Classic French Bistro dishes served with contemporary flair are crowd pleasers. Along with a rotating list of specials to keep long term patrons onboard. A deep & wine balanced wine list closes the deal. The staff is professional & very knowledgeable and treats regulars and newcomers alike with that magical touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentaeluckettDined on 9/10/2014We had a fabulous time at Petit Louis. The manager, Patrick, makes all the customers feel right at home and very welcome. The food and service were both excellent and the ambiance is excellent! Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- A gemhypnosVIPDined on 9/9/2014Authentic French restaurant in the heart of Baltimore, Petit Louis Bistro is one of the 'Must go to"places I need to visit regularly. I drive 2 hours to be there and enjoy the excellent food and atmosphere. I feela bit in France while idine there...Special Features:
- New chef ...Great dining experienceCornerTableVIPDined on 9/6/2014It's often difficult to to recognize a change in the kitchen without seeing a new menu that reflects the strengths of the new chef. As a regular of the restaurant which has stayed true to its traditional cuisine since its' opening, my wife and I were both surprised and delighted at how much we enjoyed our dining experience. Both the presentation and preparation of our diners were exceptional. As always the service was immaculate. Plan to go back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always a treatOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/6/2014dinner is always great.........and the food is consistent. this evening we had a bit of an overzealous server.........his drama disturbed my husband, but we did not let it deter us from a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a delight!fooddottieVIPDined on 9/5/2014Petite Louis is our favorite restaurant in Baltimore. With the consistent level of professional staff service and friendliness, the delicious menu and the inviting ambiance we always leave with a feeling of happiness and contentment and look forward to our next experience there.Special Features:
- Great LunchbaltimoredinerVIPDined on 9/5/2014The restaurant has weekly lunch specials that are seasonal and delicious. They also offer half price wines that complement the meal. A great deal.Special Features:
- Formerly greatollie895Dined on 8/31/2014From the moment we sat down, our waitress made us feel unwelcome. The others who participated in the meal were outstanding, as in the past. They would aim for the little extras and friendliness that made service there special. Our main server seemed to resent that we were there, and perhaps, keeping her from something more pressing. We have enjoyed the food tremendously in the past. Last night it was just ok. Something is off about the place.
- Always a treat :)dnk2VIPDined on 8/30/2014As always a great dining experience...the fennel soup was very good...short rib main dish was excellent...whole shrimp very good as well...definitely worth trying the goat milk ice cream too!Special Features:
- Fantastic restaurant!lbovVIPDined on 8/28/2014This is by far my favorite restaurant in Baltimore. The food is incredible and the service is impeccable. Could not recommend more highly! Also, the wine list is extensive, be sure to ask Marc the sommelier for recommendations.Special Features:
- very unique placenjmanDined on 8/27/2014Took wife there for 20th anniversary and she loved it.Special Features:
- YumShoogieDined on 8/27/2014Never had less than a fabulous meal here. Tried the short rib this time and it was not a mistake. Such a good muni makes decisions difficult.Special Features:
- Perfectionamw410Dined on 8/22/2014The Petit Louis experience is unparalleled. From Patrick's enthusiastic "Bonsoir!" to the special attention given to the occasion you may be celebrating, you feel immediately like a regular. When the excellent server staff attend to your needs at the table, there is a sense of sincere joy in what they are doing. We ordered starters of onion soup gratinee and the charcuterie du jour. Both were notable for their simplicity. For our main courses we enjoyed the duck leg confit and steak frites. Some of the best pommes frites we have ever tasted. We finished with Brillat Savarin cheese - layered with truffles. A special treat of dessert sparking wine followed a great bottle of reasonably priced Cotes du Rhone. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Amazing!ErinFDined on 8/22/2014This was my second visit to Petit Louis and it was just as amazing as the first! We had a delicious meal, great wine and yummy desserts! I highly suggest for special occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent as alwayscfoodDined on 8/22/2014I am never disappointed at Petit Louis. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly , and professional. And the food is ALWAYS excellent. I have been a customer here since they opened . I cannot say enough good things about them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service excellencewonderfulDined on 8/19/2014i have never had such wonderful elegant service....it was our first time there and wont be our last even tho we live in miami!! fantastic food and atmosphere as wellSpecial Features:
- Fine dining experienceDrEGDined on 8/16/2014The food was excellent and the service outstanding . I happen to understand French but for those who don't it can be annoying when most of the plates and ingredients are mentioned in French . The proximity of the tables can make conversations challenging at times. Overall an enjoyable dinner especially the cheese tray at the end of the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AnniversaryKNAnnapolisDined on 8/16/2014Petit Louis Bistro helped my wife and me celebrate our 40th anniversary. The food was delicious and they did a great job responding to specific dietary needs. Overall, we had a wonderful meal in a beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DutchtreatDined on 8/14/2014This was a find in the middle of a quiet Baltimore neighborhood. The menu was extensive, the food well-prepared and the service excellent.Special Features:
- our favoritenathan10VIPDined on 8/12/2014We love everything about the restaurant. The staff is terrific. Friendly whenever we are there. Food is always good and we love the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweet night outYum1000Dined on 8/11/2014Came here for my boyfriend's birthday! Everything was really tasty but the two stars of the whole night were the Eggplant Napoleon with tomatoes & chèvre and the Peach Tart. The manager is extremely friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Baltimore bestOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2014Been going here for 10 years visiting Baltimore every year from New York. Love love love it at Petit Louie. You will be hard pressed to believe you're not in Paris! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.