Pete's Sunset Grille
21500 Pacific Coast Highway
Huntington Beach, CA 92648Neighborhood:
Huntington Beach / Seal Beach / Fountain Valley
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Pete's Sunset Grille
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://huntingtonbeach.hyatt.com/
- Phone: 7148454775x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Lunch and Dinner 11:30am-10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Unspecified
- Executive Chef: Manfred Lassahn
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Pete's patio can accommodate large parties of up to 50 guests for a plated or buffet menu option.
- Private Party Contact: Marlene Goble 7148454893x
A word from Pete's Sunset Grille
It wouldn't be Surf City without Pete's Sunset Grille! This congenial, colorful restaurant is filled with all the surfing and beach memorabilia that make this area a beach lover's paradise. Located on the former site of the famous Mallory Surf Board Factory, the casual atmosphere is perfect for hanging out with the family or friends. Influenced by surfing destinations from around the globe, Pete's menu features your favorite satisfying foods, with a twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pete's Sunset Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
late-night find (3)scenic view (3)fit for foodies (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (2)romantic (2)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)neighborhood gem (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Limited menuOverpricedDined on 7/17/2014I do not care for the menu items and it seems limited and overpriced. Tacos were good but for a few cents more should be served with some rice and beans. Wings are good. Water on tap tastes terrible. They need a filtration system.
- LizLizzieBDined on 5/30/2014Pete's Sunset Grille was a wonderful surprise. We had not heard of the restaurant before and took a chance on a guest's review. The food and service far surpassed our expectations. Live performer and casual atmosphere made the evening extremely enjoyable. Would we frequent this restaurant again...without a doubt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great musicMaddieDined on 5/22/2014Loved the food , but the music by Andy Hill the night we were there was outstanding! We will come again to see him play! Great venues, great food and Marco our server was outstanding as well!Special Features:
- The following 59 reviews are from the Pete's Sunset Grille reviews archive.
- Local surprisePdotVIPDined on 5/8/2014This restaurant is located inside the Hayatt Resort Hotel, but don't let that scare you away. They have complementary valet parking up 4 hours. The restaurant is beach casual with a very interesting menu selection. I had a nice pork skewer which turned out to be just right for a,light meal. The service was attentive and the servers were very friendly.Special Features:
- casual & good foodPan2FVIPDined on 5/5/2014Don't get stuck on the big triangle type of table like I did. Invited clients for lunch & its a total hassle to have clients have to pass plates back & forth. I was paying & she knew since I gave her a credit card b4 lunch started & I had a hard time Getting her attention. At the end ordered coffee & dessert but she had to have clients pass it over by then clients were talking & thought forget it it. Wasn't a good experience clients spilled stuff due to having to pass stuff over to us in that awkward table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too many carbsNoneDined on 5/2/2014None if the dishes were really health friendly. I expected a fajita plate, grilled salmon or chicken. Something. But really more of a bar food place than true dining faire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeedotVIPDined on 4/25/2014Was to expecting much from a hotel surf inspired restaurant but it is a great place. Our server was amazing & everything we ordered: wings, edamame, salad, chicken sandwich, and frozen pound cake were all amazing! The wings were some of the best I ever had. And the live music was great too!Special Features:
- Delicious & amazingTravelingFoodieDined on 3/3/2014This secret little spot was truly a find! Delicious food & drinks & plenty of surf gear to view on the inside. Cozy outdoor dining on the fireplace patio. Service was friendly & helpful. Would go back a million times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cool placemikeVIPDined on 2/16/2014we had a good time, the food was good, the service was good, the menu could use a little more selections, but other than that everything was great, we will probably returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Petes sunset grilleSweencrestDined on 2/14/2014The gentleman playing the guitar provided great music throughout the night. The restruant is nicely decorated with a great atmosphere. Our server did a nice job. Menu was not great, Food was over priced for what it was but as expected, alcohol was overpriced as well. Would be back if their was some specials for locals or something, otherwise probably not
- The food delicious and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/5/2014The food delicious and the service was spectacular. Make sure to save room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good service FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/26/2013Very good service Friendly waiters very focussed on customer service Food was good and so were the wine and cocktails A great place for a casual dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is very good hereDinerVIPDined on 12/26/2013The food is very good here at Pete's. Fish and chips well done; nice salads. The Californian is closed for remodeling until Spring 2014, so this stands in, along with the Red Lounge as the primary restaurants on the Hyatt property.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For a sunset dinner.......WebseitzDined on 12/25/2013you can't go wrong! You have the best view if you get there 30 minutes before sundown. Ask for Andrew and try the steak sandwich.Special Features:
- good jobrjg3339Dined on 12/25/2013was disappointed that crab cakes were on the menu but they did not have any. other than that, all was good (prawns exceptional).Special Features:
- Over-amplification is assault.alnbarthelVIPDined on 11/30/2013One singer (with a pleasant voice) one traditional guitar (well played) with an amplifier can be deafening and ruin what would have been a very pleasant experience. Nothing else matters when ones ears are being assaulted.Special Features:
- Good burger and friesFoodguruVIPDined on 10/23/2013We had a quick lunch after our conference. Good burger. Fish tacos looked excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A meal with Summer band concertOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2013Tried the summer buffet on a Friday night , when a band was playing. Nice selection of Mexican buffet with fish chicken, taco's home made chips, salsa, guacamole. Make sure you live room for desert. Nice fresh ingredients great taste, good value for the price.Special Features:
- We were enteraining familyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/7/2013We were enteraining family and it was difficult to carry on a conversation with the noise level. Also the table (booth) we had was an odd shape so some people were facing away from the group. It felt like not being at the party. The buffet was basically hamburger driven and not all as stated on the website. All in all disappointing experience.Special Features:
- ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/22/2013Our service was extraordinary. Our waiter, Corey, was unbelievable, food was amazing, and the view of te ocean was breath-taking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very fairOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/21/2013As part of a big hotel I expected more? Food was not good which around here is unheard of. Weak drinks, inattentive service
- Great Food!JermeldateDined on 5/31/2013The Socali burger is one of the best burgers I have ever had! Highly recommend! The next day went back and had the fish tacos- just as good! Food is fantastic, view is awesome, and atmosphere is fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- all that glitterssplishVIPDined on 5/5/2013very disappointed in overall experience. we had a reservation, but they acted like we were just walk-ins. general lack of attention and just not listening to the order. had to repeat myself too many times and it still wasn't right. we mentioned open table several times but the next day it registered no show on open table. we called them and they claimed not to know anything and couldn't do anything even though we had receipt. i called the general manager of the hotel and it was immediately fixed. i guess i'll just forget about them.Special Features:
- Nice place, but bad experience.Food2LoveDined on 5/4/2013My food, which was trout, came out very good. My son's burger was not bad either. My husband ordered a steak, which came to be a total disaster. We had to send his plate back to get cooked, then we asked for a steak sauce, the bottle of A1 we got was almost empty and inside was water. it seemed like someone put an ounce of water and rinsed the bottle and instead of throwing it away they put it back and served it to a client. I tried to pour the sauce in his plate and ended up pouring an A1 flavored water in his food, which he could not eat. Not to mention that we had to ask for everything and by everything I mean utensils too. Maybe it was just one time bad experience for us, but that will definitely keep us out of there in the future.Special Features:
- Fun TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013Our server was wonderful and my Open Table reservation was in your system when I arrived.Special Features:
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/23/2013Just outstanding! Everyone was great, attentive, and friendly! Food was amazing, and the drinks were great!Special Features:
- what i dont like about thisCupcakeSVIPDined on 3/10/2013what i dont like about this location is that it does not try to take advantage of the view of the ocean and the enclosed patio does not keep the wind out
- Easily handled special requestsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/29/2012Easily handled special requests for food allergies (Gluten and Dairy). Off menu order was cooked well and ready with the rest of the diners' dinners.Special Features:
- Delicious food, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/25/2012Delicious food, excellent service, neat ambiance, and an overall great place to take the family out for a meal. I look forward to my next meal at Pete's Sunset Grille.Special Features:
- excellent wait staff, hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/7/2012excellent wait staff, had great suggestions on wine
- cousins camp at pete's grill.......OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/24/2012my wife and i took our two sons, their wives and a total of ten grandkids.. aging from 11 to 3.. great kids, always appreciative and calm.. Still 16 orders, 10 kids menu, lots of changing of minds and asking questions... our waiter was amazing. she gave each one of us good advice, good ideas, and great service... the food was superb for kids and adults... we will go back when we are in ca... and we will go back, Oklahoma has no beach...
- I didn't realize it was inTomSVIPDined on 10/22/2012I didn't realize it was in the Hyatt Hotel when I made the reservation. This is more of a sports bar as they had big screen TV's everywhere. Good food, good service.Special Features:
- We have been coming to Pete'sOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/30/2012We have been coming to Pete's for awhile now. It is truly a hidden gem that too few have found.Special Features:
- Went there to see a band play.SteveDined on 9/29/2012Went there to see a band play. Foliage outside blocks view a bit, otherwise a nice setup with outdoor dining and music.Special Features:
- Great for the outdoors, good drinksJakeVIPDined on 9/15/2012You go here for the view and the solicitous and pleasant service. The food is hit or miss ala carte, didn't try the $19.95 buffet but it looked like something you would find at a high school commencement- greasy, overcooked, caloric steam table fare. We enjoyed the bulgogi and fish tacos and some excellent Maragaritas while the sun set over the Pacific. Enough said.Special Features:
- We had the Fish & Chips andDaveVIPDined on 6/13/2012We had the Fish & Chips and Flat Iron Steak which very good, and we had great service. Liked the surf theme too.Special Features:
- Indoor/outdoor beach styleOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/13/2012Indoor/outdoor beach style restaurant. Good barfood, relaxed.Special Features:
- Not a huge choice of itemsLuv2eatoutVIPDined on 11/3/2011Not a huge choice of items and the food was not the best. I wouldn't go there again.
- We made reservations to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/7/2011We made reservations to celebrate a 50th Wedding Anniversary for my parents. It was a great experience for all.Special Features:
- Great service, very nice people.OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/3/2011Great service, very nice people. Food was fine, but not great.Special Features: