Pete's Cafe Bella Sera
7351 North State Rd. 7
Parkland, FL 33073Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Pete's Cafe Bella Sera
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://petescafebellasera.com/
- Phone: 9543467373
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Pete Lombard
- Dress Code: Formal Attire
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Pete's Cafe Bella Sera private room that holds up to 30 people. We can accommodate power point presentations for private companies, individual events, such as; birthday parties, Christmas parties, etc. The private room also has a spending minimum of $1,000, including food and alcohol.
- Private Party Contact: Pete Lombard 9543467373
A word from Pete's Cafe Bella Sera
At Pete's Café Bella Sera, food is a passion. That truth is made evident in some of our most popular Italian dishes, like our Giant Stuffed Artichokes, Big Ass Shrimp Mediterranean, as well as Pete's unmistakably Famous Meatballs. Don't forget that we are the only restaurant in Florida serving the unbelievable Chianina Porterhouse. We also offer an extensive list of wines from all around the world that have been carefully selected to enhance your dining experience while at Bella Sera.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pete's Cafe Bella Sera reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good NW Broward RestaurantMmillowDined on 3/29/2014The only good Italian restaurant in NW Broward. Very large portions and food is good. Not great. Very expensive but Pete has no competition so if you are not prepared to spend or will complain after going don't go. For an expensive restaurant decor is sparse and reminds me of Ikea furniture.
- QuestionableSFLdinerDined on 3/4/2014Ordered a bottle of wine, tried to get a second, they ran out. Didn't tell us we ordered the last one, would have changed our decision. Seafood risotta had clams full of sand, calamari was chewy. Everything else was fine but it doesn't take much to ruin an experience. Have been here 4 times now, won't be going back, way too expensive for what you get.
- Valentine NightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014We went for Valentine's dinner. Food & service was great. It was a bit pricey but we had a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a valueJohnyDined on 2/14/2014First... Gorgonzola Salad was fantastic but was the highlight of the dinner. Could hardly talk across the 2 seat table to my wife - Valentine date over the talking crowd. I do not agree with the "entrees and appetizers for 2". We did NOT want the same thing. Karen got a fish portion for 2 admittedly, but my veal for 2 was NOT enough to warrant the "price for 2" paid. It's size was about the same that most restaurants offer for nearly half the price. The appetizers were OK and the Tiramisu was way above average. If both dinner entrees had been extraordinary the hefty price of $180 (no wine, 2 beers) and the noise might have been acceptable. We have frequently paid such at an exceptional restaurant but this was not so.Special Features:
- Good before theaterPittsburghfoodie4VIPDined on 1/25/2014Disappointed they took dinner specials off. Food was not up to usual par but will try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good overallscentmanDined on 1/18/2014A little pricey for what it is. Portions are huge and tasty. Dinner was well-paced and the waiter was accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic Italiandessert4meDined on 1/18/2014Cafe Bella Sera has a nice atmospere with excellent and attentive wait staff. The protions are large and the food is classic italian done very well, The prices are high and I think they should give sides with the dishes to make you feel like you are getting a full meal for that cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- reservation for 7 pm . NobbjjVIPDined on 1/11/2014reservation for 7 pm . No problem. Waiter took long time to show up. First thing he said was don't order anything with shrimp in itwe ran out off it. No pork chops as well.At 7:00 pm you don't run out of food, so there must have been some kind of problem.... Ordered mussels as appetizer to share took 30 minutes to come. Chicken palm was excellent . Ask to get penny pasta instead of gnocchi. Didn't happen.Service was not good. Kitchen bad......Would think again about how fast I go back......I spent 140.00 including a nice bottle of wine, but treated like I was at a pizza place......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- qUALITY DOES NOT MATCH EXPENSEOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/28/2013Some of the dishes are very good and sides like steamed spinach are superb, but the restaurant is very noisy as diners shout over the music and for the very high prices it should be a more romantic atmosphere. Ridiculously overpriced.Special Features:
- Very Special Christmas Eve!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/24/2013We had a wonderful evening enjoying Pete's amazing food and Pasquale's friendly service. The wine list is extensive. The olive oil with slivered garlic is amazing and the plate of provolone delivered to the table is a treat. Even with a reduced Holiday menu, there were plenty of options and everything was delicious. We enjoyed veal marsala with mashed potatoes and chicken parmesan with light, fluffy homemade gnocchi. There are cheaper (INFERIOR) places to get Italian food -- but this is the standard. We love it as our local,special spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas Eve DinnerTaylorDined on 12/24/2013This is the second year my family has gone to Cafe Bella Sera for Christmas Eve Dinner. It was wonderful as usual and really alot of fun. The food was great and the restaurant was decorated really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive veal chop $58dashburnVIPDined on 12/23/2013We choose a wine "La Crema" pinot that was on the wine list but they were out of it. The waiter brought a comparable wine in the same price range that was acceptable. The Caesar salads that were fresh and enjoyable. I thought it was a little too salty. Hot bread and garlic olive oil was a nice touch. The veal chop was pounded thin, topped with cheese over eggplant with a tomato sauce. It was good but not great. The cheese stuffed ravioli was great. The seafood special which was suppose to be served over risotto but it was really just rice. The risotto was not creamy and elegant. The chocolate moose that was rich and fluffy, The desert was excellent. The meal with tip came to $370 only one bottle of wine no cocktails.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointingCathygDined on 12/20/2013Family went to celebrate a 53rd anniversary. Restaurant was very loud. We were seated at a round table and it was very hard to have a conversation because of the noise level. Food was fine, but VERY overpriced. Not happy that we were talked in to all getting our own salads--waiter said that even though the menu said the salads were enough for 2, he said they were smaller and would not serve 2. So we all ordered our own--$40 just for salads!!! One would have easily served 2. Entrees were mixed-from pretty good to bland-tasting. No recognition at all of the anniversary, except that the waiter said Happy Anniversary as he handed us the bill. Overall, just so-so. Will not rush back.Special Features:
- Best meatball in town!!DivaVIPDined on 11/16/2013A wonderful, upscale restaurant for good Italian food!Special Features:
- Delicious food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/7/2013First time and probably the last. The food was good but the service was slow and inattentive, altho the dining room was less than 1/2 full. I thought it was a "fine dining" establishment, but the televisions across top of the open kitchen, the casually dressed patrons, and the noise level were more akin to a sports bar.
- ServiceFOODIEDined on 10/26/2013Our water was nice and his recommendations were good. However, our water glasses were never refilled and we could have usedf more bread. He never checked on the little things. Also, he never told us if there were any specials that night and we told him it was our first time there. When asked about someone else's dish, he told us it was a special and he thought they were out of it and they were.Special Features:
- Attention plusFeedmeDined on 10/23/2013Our Server Steven was knowledgeable and helpful. I requested a wine that was on their website but not on the menu and he brought it from the bar. The specials sounded extremely appetizing - and I had the seafood risotto. Food was good - servings huge!!!! I just thought it was a little on the pricey side!!! The bar was full when we arrived at 8 and the dining room close to empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatcontentVIPDined on 10/19/2013Had a great dinner! New menu seemed more flexible.Special Features:
- Never Again!FoodiesVIPDined on 10/19/2013We had a reservation for dinner Saturday night. When we arrived we were told that our options were either the back left or back right corner tables. We asked if we could possibly sit somewhere else since the restaurant wasn't that busy. The Manager told us that they were slammed with reservations and that this was all they had. Ok, we sat down in the back corner and ordered. An hour later our food finally arrived. I asked for salt & pepper........20 more minutes. The waiter also had an attitude, and the food was just mediocre. As we were leaving we noticed just 2 people at most tables. My husband asked why we were put in a back corner, with a reservation, when they had no larger parties. Again.... An attitude. We're done! Never again.Special Features:
- Think they are better than they arenotthrilledVIPDined on 10/4/2013I do not understand why they think they are Morton's or Capital Grill. THey are unwilling to compromise or substitute anything and are way overpriced. Not a place my husband will return to. Have been several times but the attitude is not conducive to a positive experience.
- This is a go-to spot for ourOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/12/2013This is a go-to spot for our date nights. We love the service and the food. This is authentic, premium Italian food and you pay a bit more, but the portions are huge and the quality is outstanding. We look forward to our nights at Pete's place and we always leave happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A mustemjoyedDined on 6/29/2013Food superior, professional attentive staff. Not to be missedSpecial Features:
- Always the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/27/2013We dined at Pete's this week and as usual it was wonderful! Pete's Bell Sera has become our 'go to' restaurant for Italian food. The stuffed veal chop special was THE BEST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak everJKontheWebDined on 6/24/2013Go for the chianina beef. Best steak I have eaten in my life. Although $70, this entree is enough for two people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedginaDined on 6/8/2013Food was so-so. Fresh Gorgonzola Salad. was mostly lettuce. Beef Bracciole would not order again- overwhelming with garlic(and I love garlic). New York Strip was not bad. The two best thing were the bread with the garlic/olive oil and the bottle of wine we ordered.Special Features:
- Mother's Day Dinner ExperienceFamilyGuyDined on 5/12/2013We had never been to Cafe Bella Sera, and heard that it was good, though expensive. So for Mother's Day, I surprised my wife by taking her there, and also with my son who came home from NC. The food was excellent, the service was good, though the waiter forgot one of our requests, as he had his hands full with several tables. Very nice setting, would love to come back and try the bar,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pete's Cafe Bella SeraPepangelDined on 5/10/2013We had the Gorgonzola salad, Penne with Alfredo sauce, and the Chicken Bella Sera. Everything was delicious. The Chicken Bella Sera is a pan fried chicken cutlet that is served with fresh mozzarella cheese, spinach & hot finger peppers in a San Marzano Tomato Sauce, topped off with cold riccotta cheese. The contrast of the hot with the cold was different but quite delicious. The portions are large, and the entrees in my opinion could be shared for two people, especially if you choose to also do a salad. Service was great. The waiter was very knowledgeable and friendly. The only negative thing I have to say is that the dishes are a bit overpriced. I would say overpriced about $3-$5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous FoodRickbuilderVIPDined on 5/4/2013We live in an area with an abundant supply of Italian restaurants; however, every now and then we'll drive an hour north to Pete's Bella Serra. The food is fabulous coming out of an open kitchen so hot my glasses fogged up. The prices are a bit high, but the portions are huge. We stuffed ourselves for two nights. BTW the bread and garlic flavored olive oil (the best I ever had!!) is addicting, I'd definitely recommend "Pete's" and will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over ratedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/2/2013Some of the items we ordered were OK But most were cold and lacked flavor I would not go back
- this was our third time thereSaw1950Dined on 4/27/2013this was our third time there it is our special occasion place this rtime it was my wifes birthday. as usual everythimg was perfect the portions of food have to beseen to be believed.Special Features:
- EXCELLENCE---- CARISMAOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013EXCELLENCE---- CARISMA ---- OLD SCHOOL ---- GREAT FOR SOCIALIZING ---- FANTASTIC FOODSpecial Features:
- we hadn't eaten here for aOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/19/2013we hadn't eaten here for a couple of years and remembered the food to be exceptional it was just so so for the price. None of the specials appealed to us so we ate off the main menu .Special Features:
- Food and service were bothOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013Food and service were both amazing. Great "date-night" spot.Special Features:
- Missing and deluciusOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/26/2013As usual the food we did recieve was delicious. But just like always 2 to 3 dishes never came out. This always takes place here. My daughter never got her pasta I never got my salad but I go back because what they do manage to deliver is always delicious!Special Features:
- Sat in the bar so it tookFredVIPDined on 3/23/2013Sat in the bar so it took some time to get some attention, but once we ordered it was great. The food was absolutely phenomenal again. The White Clams were fresh and plenty of them....no chopped canned clams here! The stuffed Veal Chop was incredible. Worth the expense compared to other restaurants.Special Features:
- New spot for the wifey and I!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2013Great food and even better service! I have been there several times with all different sized parties and have had my expectations met and exceeded every time!Special Features:
- Mussels were the best I haveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013Mussels were the best I have ever eaten and I come from Manhattan Veal pounded on the bone heavenly pasta in oil to finish off the meal Cannoli and we let very happy see you soon PepeSpecial Features:
- Food is amazing!! We wereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/13/2013Food is amazing!! We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and wanted a romantic restaurant to celebrate. We will definitely return but my recommendations to management would be to turn down the volume on the music and train waiters to continue pouring champagne when it is ordered rather than have their patrons do it themselves.Special Features:
- issues with the waitstaffOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2013issues with the waitstaff he had to be reminded to bring more bread, get us salt & pepper and steak sauce; things they should have offered to start with. The noise level was high. The steak was tender but no taste; the pasta sauce not so good. I will not return even with the groupon deals they constantly offer.
- As always, Petes Cafe BellaDebraVIPDined on 3/8/2013As always, Petes Cafe Bella Sera came through with flying colors! Superb restaurant on all levels.Special Features: