Pete Miller's Seafood and Prime Steak - Wheeling
412 N Milwaukee Ave
Wheeling, IL 60090Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Pete Miller's Seafood and Prime Steak - Wheeling
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.petemillers.com/
- Phone: 8472433700x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday- Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Sundays 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Kitchen Hours Subject to Change
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Marcus Mooney
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private and semi-private space for 2-200 guests. The perfect venue for rehearsal dinners, awards banquets, birthdays, graduations, and any special event! Please email email@example.com for more information, and for bookings.
- Private Party Contact: Christi Land 8472433700x
- Entertainment: hows Times (Unless otherwise noted):
6:00 - 10pm Monday -Thursday
7:00 - 11:00 Friday & Saturday
5:00 - 9:00 Sunday
Never A Cover & Never A Minimum.
A word from Pete Miller's Seafood and Prime Steak - Wheeling
Pete Miller's has been serving the finest prime-aged steaks, fresh seafood and the country's best live jazz to the Chicago area since 1994. The Pete Miller's experience takes you through the grand days of post World War II as live swingin' jazz fills the air while you feast on great steaks, pastas, fresh seafood and enjoy the world's best wines. Pete Miller's two locations in Evanston and Wheeling each has its own unique charm and character, as well as its own distinct menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Pete Miller's Seafood and Prime Steak - Wheeling - Best Restaurants in Wheeling ›
Pete Miller's Seafood and Prime Steak - Wheeling reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (46)great for outdoor dining (44)romantic (28)notable wine list (21)fit for foodies (20)vibrant bar scene (19)neighborhood gem (17)good for groups (16)late-night find (9)hot spot (8)great for lunch (5)scenic view (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Always good foodTerriDined on 9/20/2014Four of us went to dinner and had a great time. Music this past Saturday night was really great! Chilean sea bass, fish tacos and sesame tuna were fabulous. My gin gimlet was especially refreshing. A good time was had by all.
- great food great pricecarnivoreDined on 9/14/2014Had a great time food was excellent. As was service , only complaint side vegetables were a little over priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way overpricedWangerVIPDined on 9/12/2014$26 for a half chicken and almost the same for a pork chop? Really? Service was very good. Just way overpriced compared to Wildfire, Saranellos or other area steak housesI would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievably horrible foodDaddDined on 9/9/2014Terrible service Garbage food Can't believe I paid for it
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Food was good and steaks were cooked to order. Waiter left a little to be desired, he came across as being rushed and too busy to really give our table any real attention. For the price of the meal you would expect a lot more from the waiter.Special Features:
- Restaurant on it's way outOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014Went for dinner on the Sunday before Labor Day. The place was pretty much empty. Sat outside which is very nice. Our waiter was very good but they were out of several items on the menu. My husband ordered prime rib and I ordered salmon. After 20 minutes out waiter came over and said they were out of prime rib and I had ordered the last piece of salmon. I felt bad for our waiter who was very nice. We will not be returning to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience as always!Mark1979Dined on 8/28/2014GREAT times and WONDERFUL food, It is a wonderful place for a romantic evening or a drink in a comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing to recommendexplorerDined on 8/26/2014truly disappointing experience - food was mediocre at best - prices high for the low quality - service unprofessional - will not return or recommend as a complete waste of time and calories
- Steak and morepi65Dined on 8/26/2014On my second visit to Pete Millers I discovered the ribeye steak. One of the best I have ever had. Perfectly charred and yet medium rare and not at all fatty as some can be. Other guests scarfed down their steaks also. Roasted red potatoes were not quite as crispy as the first time but still very good. Our waiter made the night. He quickly saw we were a group of kidders and he joined right in and made it more fun. Great place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- emily1Dined on 8/24/2014The two ladies in our group had the filet. It was very tender, favorable, and cooked perfectly. The men had the house special pork chop and were very pleased with their meal. Our waiter was outstanding! He was informative and very personable (ask for John when making your reservation).Special Features:
- BillVIPDined on 8/23/2014Great food, Steaks, Chops, and Seafood. Friendly enthusiastic servers. Music nightly in the bar that can be heard through out the restaurant. Enjoy the outdoor patio before the summer is over. Have been diners since they opened and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- nancyVIPDined on 8/16/2014excellence Filet, everything was really good, my first time at this restaurant, I would recommend itSpecial Features:
- DisappointedRonpDined on 8/15/2014This place is usually vibrant, great food & great service. Not this time! Restaurant was unusually slow for a Friday night. Seems like they must have cut the staff as our server was not attentive and was forgetful. Food was good. Band in bar cancelled too! Not sure what happened - hope they get it fixed.
- OzzieDined on 8/13/2014This was my first visit to Pete Miller's. It was truly a wonderful dining experience. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun get togetherpi65Dined on 8/9/2014The scallop appetizer had the most tasty apple chutney and they were terrific too but way too big for an appetizer. The prime rib was succulent and cooked just right. However, the creamed spinach did better the day after when I took home the leftovers and chopped them up in a food processor. While tasty, it was stringy as served. Roasted red potatoes were the best I have had. Overall it is a great place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- yumyum2VIPDined on 8/9/2014Enjoyed our meal at Pete's as usual. Too bad they no longer have the "Twilight Dinner Specials". Waiter could have been a little more attentive. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steakg8homecookDined on 8/6/2014When you eat out alone sometimes you get stuck with a terrible table, but that was not the case here. I was seated at a very comfortable small booth. The atmosphere was upscale,service was attentive but not obtrusive. I started off with a tasty cocktail called Prime the Pump. The filet and garlic mashed potatoes were delicious. The house salad was satisfactory if not unusual. I didn't have room for any appetizers or desert. However the meal finished with a nice cappuccino. The piano and singer were a nice relaxing touch. If you are in the mood for a really nice steak dinner done exactly as you ordered served in a nice atmosphere with good service this is an ideal choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BendyVIPDined on 8/2/2014Beautiful evening sitting on the patio with good steaks and a nice bottle of wine. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Great north-north shore burb gemBobbypastrami13VIPDined on 8/1/2014Friday nights are usually a traffic nightmare navigating the city. Pete Millers offers a great bar with great music and a versatile menu in the middle of Wheeling (near Northbrook, Mt Prospect, Deerfield, etc) and even has a very nice outdoor eating area all summer long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014The restaurant was dead...very few diners. The service was horrible! Entrée came to the table prepared very different than was described on the menu - it was sent back to the kitchen to be prepared the way the menu stated. Had to ask the waiter to serve an appetizer that he forgot about! Had to ask for second glasses of wine! Will never go back again!!
- great placebob1VIPDined on 7/25/2014very friendly staff; excellent food; great place, I highly recommend it !Special Features:
- Extremely DisappointedDisappointed3Dined on 7/24/2014My wife and son joined me to celebrate my wife's birthday. Although we had dined here previously and had wonderful experiences this one was the opposite. The service consisted of 2 servers fighting over our table and neither responded to any of our requests for beverages, food and then coffee. They called it a mis-communication when we asked why we weren't receiving anything. My crab legs were not hot when served, my son's filet came out after my wife and I were served. They explained that his filet was overlooked and it would be a few minutes yet. Dessert took 15 minutes to receive while coffee waited 20 minutes for services. In all for the price and service we will probably not return. No management ever asked anything about our meal.Special Features:
- Best After Work SpotJB22Dined on 7/22/2014We love to meet at Pete's patio during the summer months for after work drinks and food. It is the BEST after work spot we have found in the NW suburbs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Outdoor PatioMathladyVIPDined on 7/19/2014The outdoor patio at Pete Miller's is wonderful. Tables are close together, but groups are still able to converse and be heard. There are some outdoor flames that heat up certain areas, but if there is a breeze, every table will feel it. The bread is served warm and buttery even without adding any extra butter. Salads shared were small but tasty. The burgers were great. Unfortunately, our server was less than superb. In fact, he never checked on our food after it was served, and he never asked if we would like a beverage without us requesting them. As he knew that he was less than wonderful, he offered us desserts on him. This was the only time I have been to this restaurant and had such poor service. MathladySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating 20 year anniversaryDGBennDined on 7/18/2014The dining experience was top notch! We had been to Pete's once before and have wanted to return ever since. It was even better than we remembered! The food was delicious and the service was the best. Ask for John to be your server. The drinks were also very good. It is a bit on the pricey side, but you get what you pay for.Special Features:
- Great Time44dinnerDined on 7/13/2014We were very pleased with our experience. One of the best parts was the server, Christina. She was an absolute delight. Friendly, honest and sincere. We couldn't have been more pleased with her attitude and humor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very niceMdunkDined on 7/12/2014Ended up at Pete's on our anniversary after abandoning another restaurant because it was neither classy or romantic. Pet's proved to be both. The ambiance was great with white tablecloths and live jazz in the lounge. The food was excellent. Shrimp appetizer was great.I had a filet, my wife the lobster. Simple but cooked to perfection. Pete Miller saved our night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special night out for dinner.chicagocoolDined on 7/5/2014Very nice for special occasions. I just wanted to take my sweetie out for a nice dinner. Pete Miller's definitely fit the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Food was great! Portion size was a good value for the prices. Wine flights are a wonderful option. The cheesecake for dessert was delicious. The live Jazz was a pleasant background to our dinner. I liked the more mature, subdued patrons as opposed to the high energy bar scene you find in many places. The only negative was that the waitstaff seemed very stressed.Special Features:
- Saturday night JazzOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014My husband and I enjoy hearing the Jazz there on Saturday night. This was our 3rd time going to have dinner and enjoying the jazz that was playing.Special Features:
- Good ambiance, food & valueLadyDiDined on 6/27/2014Enjoy Pete's, in Wheeling or Evanston. Great food, good value, good ambiance, especially enjoy the patio in Wheeling & jazz band in both locations...in Wheeling, best to sit mid-bar or further away if you want to engage in conversation during band sets tho. They are both among my favorite restaurants. Evanston location is favorite for New Year's for past 4 years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014What a great restaurant! We went on a weeknight so it wasn't very crowded and the noise level was low. Not sure it would be loud even when full. The lights are low, but not too low, which gives a calm, romantic feel. There was a lounge singer in the bar which added to the cozy feel this place has. The bread was warm and yummy. We have the calamari, which they include the legs (yum!) and the firecracker shrimp for appetizers. Entrees were the filet trio with roasted red potatoes and a prime rib dip sandwich with fries. We can't wait to go back as there are so many items on the menu we need to try!Special Features:
- MarciaGVIPDined on 6/21/2014The prime rib and fillet mignon were wonderful. We also split a Cesar salad and a ginormous slice of carrot cake. Our waiter was knowledgeable and the service was great. Four stars because although we enjoyed the band playing in the bar, the music was so loud that we had a hard time hearing each other while sitting in the dining room.Special Features:
- DispointedVIPDined on 6/21/2014I was very unhappy with the restaurant. It seemed they could not do anything right. The place was very old and needed remodeling, the server was not experienced, they send over the wrong drink and the food was improperly displayed and was not very good. For the level of this restaurant, it was a big disappointment. I was going to reserve a private room for a business meeting but now have changed my mind especially since the room I was going to use flooded when it had rained.
- 5 star food with 2 star serviceDublin425VIPDined on 6/16/2014We have dined at the Pete Millers Wheeling location many times ( twice in the last month) and the food remains top tier, but we have noticed the service has gone from great to what you would expect from a casual dining place like Friday's. The last two visits were illustrative of the decline in service. After being seated in the Patio area, which is a very nice venue, we were forced to prompt the servers for everything; bread, another round of drinks, salt/pepper, that is when we could find them. On both occasions the resturant was not very busy so I don't see that as a source of the problem.Special Features:
- Better DaysOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/16/2014It seems as if Pete Millers may have seen better days. Our evening started out with drinks that were well prepared and I thought was a good sign. Unfortunately, when it came time to order the waiter had to first tell us what they were out of for the night. We were there at 5:30 and there may have been seven people total in the restaurant. Since I had eaten here before I was looking forward to a good meal. Everything was just fair and below my expectations.
- Going?OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 6/15/2014Going, going, gone? Is Pete's out of Wheeling? Patio closed on a warm Sunday night, no specials. Limited serving staff. Had to ask for bread, cocktail came after salad. What's going on? A very good place is losing my faith.
- TonyVIPDined on 6/12/2014Pretty consistent food and always attentive service.Special Features:
- Good friends good foodSuszapVIPDined on 6/7/2014Went to celebrate my husband's birthday- between the four of us we covered land, sea and air! From baked pork chops with apples, brick chicken, lobster Cobb salad, and encrusted whitefish...we were all convinced we'd had the better meal. And we did. Salute!Special Features:
- too loudCorkyDined on 6/7/2014Our food was excellent, our service was fair, but the noise level was unbearable. The music in the bar was so loud in the dining room we had to shout in our booth to hear each other. It made the evening and dining experience less than enjoyable.Special Features: