Pete Miller's Seafood and Prime Steak - Wheeling
412 N Milwaukee Ave
Wheeling, IL 60090Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Pete Miller's Seafood and Prime Steak - Wheeling
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.petemillers.com/
- Phone: (847) 243-3700
- Hours of Operation:
Monday- Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Sundays 4:30pm - 9:00pm
Kitchen Hours Subject to Change
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Marcus Mooney
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private and semi-private space for 2-200 guests. The perfect venue for rehearsal dinners, awards banquets, birthdays, graduations, and any special event! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, and for bookings.
- Private Party Contact: Christi Land 8472433700x
- Entertainment: hows Times (Unless otherwise noted):
6:00 - 10pm Monday -Thursday
7:00 - 11:00 Friday & Saturday
5:00 - 9:00 Sunday
Never A Cover & Never A Minimum.
A word from Pete Miller's Seafood and Prime Steak - Wheeling
Pete Miller's has been serving the finest prime-aged steaks, fresh seafood and the country's best live jazz to the Chicago area since 1994. The Pete Miller's experience takes you through the grand days of post World War II as live swingin' jazz fills the air while you feast on great steaks, pastas, fresh seafood and enjoy the world's best wines. Pete Miller's two locations in Evanston and Wheeling each has its own unique charm and character, as well as its own distinct menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Pete Miller's Seafood and Prime Steak - Wheeling - Best Restaurants in Wheeling ›
Pete Miller's Seafood and Prime Steak - Wheeling reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)romantic (25)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (24)great for outdoor dining (21)vibrant bar scene (19)notable wine list (17)late-night find (11)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- ""The Chef Must Of Had The Night Off""OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014I have been to your place many times. I have recommended your place many times. I ordered a Blue Cheese Burger. I asked for no lettuce and tomatoes. I was brought two plates (burger cut in half with lettuce and tomatoe no blue cheese) It was someone elses order. When I got my burger it was not blue cheese at all. The waitress said it looked like blue cheese to her. It was Guerye as it was stringy and blue never is. I ate it anyways as my friend was already half way done with her dinner. I was not offered anything in return for the mistakes. The fries were cold and limp. I was so looking forward to one of your great burgers. What a shame. And I've already told a few people about my experience. Boo Hoo! The waitress was hard to find to tell her about the first mistake. I had to ask another one.Special Features:
- A romantic eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014I highly recommend Pete Millers if you are looking for a romantic evening. The food, atmosphere and attention to details from the staff is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food very good- Band way too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2014I thought the food was very good but the band was way too loud. We couldn't carry on a conversation. There should be some sound barrier between the dining room and the bar.
- Great PlaceSadiegirl15Dined on 11/12/2014I took clients to Pet's and they were impressed. The food was great and the service was impeccable. The young gall that waited on us was super. She really knows her trade well. I would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a good experience, but over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014Pete Miller's reminds me of a restaurant out of a classic movie where business men take clients to impress them. It's more about the atmosphere of importance than the dining atmosphere and the good food. My kids have moved out of the house and my wife and I are trying to experience nicer places for dinner again and was told Pete Miller's is the place to go for a great steak. She had the filet, which was good, but not great. I had the bison, which was naturally flavorful, but tough. Neither item was seasoned to enhance the natural flavors, which was disappointing. The lobster bisque was very creamy with a nice butter flavor. I liked the hint of cayenne in it, but some may not. Overall, I would have expected to pay $70-$80 for our two meals, not the $140 I left there. Overall, I would prefer Steven's in Gurnee for a better meal and atmosphere at $100.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dianeVIPDined on 11/8/2014Most enjoyable dinner and great for music too! Try it out for a fun evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't order a drink on the rocks!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/1/2014My wife and I went to PM's with another couple on Nov. 1st. Three of the 4 of us ordered drinks but when we received the bill the price of my scotch was $2.50 more than the menu price, my friend's scotch was about $3.30 more and my wife's "house" pinot was $4.50 more than the menu price. The manager told us that when you order a drink "on the rocks" they pour an additional ounce! I never heard of such a thing before. My wife's wine was more because the "house" wine is the more expensive of the wines on the menu. Nothing was said to us when we ordered. We all felt that the waiter should have said something at the outset. How can such a high end establishment have such a low end policy such as that? We will NOT be going back.
- Great foodSpani21Dined on 10/31/2014Loved the food and the service. Prices are high but with good reason. Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieover40VIPDined on 10/25/2014Have been there a few times before and was surprised that the restaurant wasn't more crowded on a Saturday night at prime time. The hostesses seemed less than professional; more in line with an "Applebees". The waiter was excellent, however. The prime rib was rather tasteless and chewy. Overall, I would think twice before visiting again.Special Features:
- WAS HOPING FOR BETTERPETELUVDined on 10/25/2014I've been to the Pete Miller's in Evanston so I thought this one in Wheeling would be comparable...NOPE! First of all they had two sides of the restaurant. One side was remodeled I'm guessing and the other was like a very drab cave away from everything...which is where I and my wife was seated...on her birthday no less. The service was nonexistent with the quality exception of Omar whom I believe was a bus boy. However, since my waiter was soooo busy attending to the big party of 8 that arrived after my wife and I, we were barely scene. GREAT JOB ANYWAY BY OMAR who would come by to assist while busing tables. The food was ok but nothing out of the ordinary.Special Features:
- skdhDined on 10/18/2014I was disappointed. I expected more from an upscale restaurant. The salad had way too much iceberg lettuce (cheap), the sea bass was thin and dry, and the carrot cake was very dry (didn't even eat much of it). Normally, my wife and I can eat in about 1-1.5 hours, this took in excess of 2 hours. Service was terrible. Unless someone close to us has a much better experience, we will not return.
- skier416VIPDined on 10/12/2014Haven't been here in about a year, but seems to have gone downhill a bit. Server was friendly, but service was slow. Surprising since the restaurant was pretty much empty. Food tasted good, but should have been hotter, especially the soup.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/11/2014They seemed to be understaffed. I saw the host running in the public areas of the restaurant. Our waiter seemed very rushed and spent little time at our table. My steak was good, and I liked the Au Poivre sauce. I also liked the lobster bisque. However, the garlic mashed were rather dry, and my fiancee said the crab legs were just ok.
- Not what it once wasJackSDined on 9/26/2014What used to be a solid competitor to any top tier Chicago steakhouse, Pete Millers seems to have fallen on hard times. That, or just complete disregard for keeping the restaurant clean and polished. Service too is no longer what it once was. Food is still good, but not good enough to overcome the overall decline in service and facilities. The restaurant feels like it is about to close and, indeed thT may be the case.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014The service was very good at Pete Millers. We had a young lady by the name of Cathy that was very attentive and pleasant, also very accomodating. The food was very good and served in a timely manner. We would definitely return to Pete Millers.Special Features:
- DFWJGDFWJGVIPDined on 9/23/2014It has changed. Menu, food, prices, and attitude. Where is the Lobster/Mac? The new Pork Chop is not as good as what they took off menu. Charging an up charge for sides if you don't get a potato. This did change a while ago, but still frustrates me. Prices went up and I now have found Ruth and Morton's. Still great outside with friends, just not as often.Special Features:
- Nice restaurant and good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Beautiful restaurant. Our waiter was really attentive and gave us good recommendations about the menu. Loved the fact that he showed us uncooked items. One of the persons dining with us was a vegetarian. Of course, whenever you go to a seafood & prime steak restaurant one should not expect a great selection of items for vegetarians, but according to our friend, his meal was good. Seafood and steak were great.Special Features:
- sgcltdDined on 9/21/2014Four of us enjoyed every morsel of our dinners. The lobster bisque was divine, but terribly rich. Everything was prepared as ordered and was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good foodTerriVIPDined on 9/20/2014Four of us went to dinner and had a great time. Music this past Saturday night was really great! Chilean sea bass, fish tacos and sesame tuna were fabulous. My gin gimlet was especially refreshing. A good time was had by all.
- great food great pricecarnivoreDined on 9/14/2014Had a great time food was excellent. As was service , only complaint side vegetables were a little over priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way overpricedWangerVIPDined on 9/12/2014$26 for a half chicken and almost the same for a pork chop? Really? Service was very good. Just way overpriced compared to Wildfire, Saranellos or other area steak housesI would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievably horrible foodDaddDined on 9/9/2014Terrible service Garbage food Can't believe I paid for it
- Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Food was good and steaks were cooked to order. Waiter left a little to be desired, he came across as being rushed and too busy to really give our table any real attention. For the price of the meal you would expect a lot more from the waiter.Special Features:
- Restaurant on it's way outOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/31/2014Went for dinner on the Sunday before Labor Day. The place was pretty much empty. Sat outside which is very nice. Our waiter was very good but they were out of several items on the menu. My husband ordered prime rib and I ordered salmon. After 20 minutes out waiter came over and said they were out of prime rib and I had ordered the last piece of salmon. I felt bad for our waiter who was very nice. We will not be returning to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Wonderful experience as always!Mark1979Dined on 8/28/2014GREAT times and WONDERFUL food, It is a wonderful place for a romantic evening or a drink in a comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing to recommendexplorerDined on 8/26/2014truly disappointing experience - food was mediocre at best - prices high for the low quality - service unprofessional - will not return or recommend as a complete waste of time and calories
- Steak and morepi65Dined on 8/26/2014On my second visit to Pete Millers I discovered the ribeye steak. One of the best I have ever had. Perfectly charred and yet medium rare and not at all fatty as some can be. Other guests scarfed down their steaks also. Roasted red potatoes were not quite as crispy as the first time but still very good. Our waiter made the night. He quickly saw we were a group of kidders and he joined right in and made it more fun. Great place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- emily1Dined on 8/24/2014The two ladies in our group had the filet. It was very tender, favorable, and cooked perfectly. The men had the house special pork chop and were very pleased with their meal. Our waiter was outstanding! He was informative and very personable (ask for John when making your reservation).Special Features:
- BillVIPDined on 8/23/2014Great food, Steaks, Chops, and Seafood. Friendly enthusiastic servers. Music nightly in the bar that can be heard through out the restaurant. Enjoy the outdoor patio before the summer is over. Have been diners since they opened and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- nancyVIPDined on 8/16/2014excellence Filet, everything was really good, my first time at this restaurant, I would recommend itSpecial Features:
- DisappointedRonpDined on 8/15/2014This place is usually vibrant, great food & great service. Not this time! Restaurant was unusually slow for a Friday night. Seems like they must have cut the staff as our server was not attentive and was forgetful. Food was good. Band in bar cancelled too! Not sure what happened - hope they get it fixed.
- OzzieDined on 8/13/2014This was my first visit to Pete Miller's. It was truly a wonderful dining experience. I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun get togetherpi65Dined on 8/9/2014The scallop appetizer had the most tasty apple chutney and they were terrific too but way too big for an appetizer. The prime rib was succulent and cooked just right. However, the creamed spinach did better the day after when I took home the leftovers and chopped them up in a food processor. While tasty, it was stringy as served. Roasted red potatoes were the best I have had. Overall it is a great place for a special occasion.Special Features:
- yumyum2VIPDined on 8/9/2014Enjoyed our meal at Pete's as usual. Too bad they no longer have the "Twilight Dinner Specials". Waiter could have been a little more attentive. Food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great steakg8homecookDined on 8/6/2014When you eat out alone sometimes you get stuck with a terrible table, but that was not the case here. I was seated at a very comfortable small booth. The atmosphere was upscale,service was attentive but not obtrusive. I started off with a tasty cocktail called Prime the Pump. The filet and garlic mashed potatoes were delicious. The house salad was satisfactory if not unusual. I didn't have room for any appetizers or desert. However the meal finished with a nice cappuccino. The piano and singer were a nice relaxing touch. If you are in the mood for a really nice steak dinner done exactly as you ordered served in a nice atmosphere with good service this is an ideal choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BendyVIPDined on 8/2/2014Beautiful evening sitting on the patio with good steaks and a nice bottle of wine. Service was very good.Special Features:
- Great north-north shore burb gemBobbypastrami13VIPDined on 8/1/2014Friday nights are usually a traffic nightmare navigating the city. Pete Millers offers a great bar with great music and a versatile menu in the middle of Wheeling (near Northbrook, Mt Prospect, Deerfield, etc) and even has a very nice outdoor eating area all summer long.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/26/2014The restaurant was dead...very few diners. The service was horrible! Entrée came to the table prepared very different than was described on the menu - it was sent back to the kitchen to be prepared the way the menu stated. Had to ask the waiter to serve an appetizer that he forgot about! Had to ask for second glasses of wine! Will never go back again!!
- The following 1420 reviews are from the Pete Miller's Seafood and Prime Steak - Wheeling reviews archive.
- great placebob1VIPDined on 7/25/2014very friendly staff; excellent food; great place, I highly recommend it !Special Features:
- Extremely DisappointedDisappointed3Dined on 7/24/2014My wife and son joined me to celebrate my wife's birthday. Although we had dined here previously and had wonderful experiences this one was the opposite. The service consisted of 2 servers fighting over our table and neither responded to any of our requests for beverages, food and then coffee. They called it a mis-communication when we asked why we weren't receiving anything. My crab legs were not hot when served, my son's filet came out after my wife and I were served. They explained that his filet was overlooked and it would be a few minutes yet. Dessert took 15 minutes to receive while coffee waited 20 minutes for services. In all for the price and service we will probably not return. No management ever asked anything about our meal.Special Features: