9551 Harding Avenue
Surfside, FL 33154Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.pescecaneristorante.com/
- Phone: 3058611060
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Visa
- Cuisine: European, Italian
- Executive Chef: OWNER: Jorge Molinares
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, BYO Liquor, Full Bar, Wine
A word from Pescecane Ristorante
When you experience the extraordinary sensation of an exquisite meal, you are not only putting your sense of taste under a test, but also the senses of smell and sight come along to discover a sophisticated variety of sensations. However, Pescecane Ristorante understands that good eating is much more than just a pleasant experience: it is an adventure that must be lived in fullness. With a select variety of original products exclusively imported for its preparation, the most genuine freshness that the Italian classicism can offer, and the warmest and most elegant social atmosphere that has ever been recreated between the waters of Surfside, today emerges this true casa-ristorante from among other existing World-class culinary works. Thus, Pescecane Ristorante has been voted "One of the Best Restaurants of the World" by the Black American Express.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pescecane Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (9)romantic (8)neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (4)fit for foodies (4)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great find in SurfsideCharlieDDined on 10/12/2014This restaurant was perfect for a Sunday night dinner! The staff was welcoming and the food was delicious. We will definitely be returningSpecial Features:
- Charming delicious perfect !MdgwineDined on 9/25/2014Excellent food, wonderful service and charming atmosphere. Even the music played in the background was perfect. All in all one of the best if not the best dining in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Intimate settingFloladyDined on 9/13/2014To be fair, we had a fairly early reservation so could not make an assessment of the activity later in the evening. The food and service was impeccable and the restaurant is great for special occasions and date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RenaVIPDined on 7/19/2014The overall experience was positive. "On the House" appetizers were great. The service was superb. The food was good. We'll definitely come back. We were surprised to see too many empty tables on a Saturday night. It is a little overprized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 51 reviews are from the Pescecane Ristorante reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/6/2014My favorite Italian restaurant in the area. Great service and excellent pasta dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrancieDined on 5/21/2014We were greeted with complimentary fried slivered zucchini, small chunks of parmesan cheese and fresh bread. The menu is a true ala carte menu. Prices are moderate but the dessert prices are expensive…Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/10/2014Food was great. Had pasta/ravioli stuffed with cheese and pear - amazingly good. They also prepared a special chicken parm which we have had there before and the lamb chops which were great - and a huge portion. Too full for dessert. Also a great dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as advertisedJonasDined on 5/8/2014Food not good, just eatable, the main ingredient on each plate had too many spices and condiments, could not really taste the quality of the product
- Great experience!FortyDined on 3/7/2014The food and especially the service were impeccable. Unfortunately the couples who sat next to us were quite loud which diminished the pleasantness of the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night...fantastic restaurantBruceDined on 3/4/2014Don't think twice...the food was fantastic...the service was quick and professional.Special Features:
- The bestCarperDined on 2/28/2014This place is worth every dollar food is out of this world the service was great !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as expected (not in a good way)OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/25/2014Didn't match the other reviews at all. Extraordinarily weak wine list -- despite lot's of empty bottles of much finer wines adorning the walls, none was available on the rather short list (unless you count the one listing for Tignanello). Food was just average, and when we asked for decaf coffee after the meal, they said they were out. But here's the thing -- they are across the street from a Starbucks -- they could have just bought some beans or even already ready-made decaf coffee, but instead just offered the regular. So, just an average place. Fine if you are walking up and down the street and need a place to eat, but we went as a destination and can't recommend it.
- Little gem tucked away. ExperienceSeafoodloverDined on 2/22/2014Little gem tucked away. Experience was awesome food and service. Would go back again when in the area. We truly enjoyed the food and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VacationMARIEVIPDined on 2/20/2014Went here while on vacation and sat outside the weather was perfect. Had the crab cake for appetizer it was delicious. The lamb melted in your mouth and the chicken was so moist. Would definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ExperienceValentineDinerDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I were on vacation in the area and went to Pescecane for our Valentine's Day dinner. Everything about this restaurant is excellent. Phenomenal and friendly staff, very authentic Italian feel, and great food. To top it off, the friendly hostess gave my wife a Valentine's Day rose with a genuine smile while holding the door for us on our way out. If we are ever in the area again, we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Surfside GemWallasweetVIPDined on 2/13/2014This unassuming street-front place on the main drag in Surfside turned out to be a delightful dining experience. The service was perfect, attentive but not overbearing. The food was delicious, from the amuse bouche to the dessert . I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and missOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/11/2014Came in here for a late night alternative to the restaurants at bal harbour. The service started off strong but diminished in the same way our food courses got progressively worse. The Dover sole was drowned in butter and my dinner partner's veal Marsala was overdone. Up mention to the waiter that the veal was unacceptable, instead of apologizing he asked if we wanted it to go. There is also no wine by the glass list, which was diasappointing.
- Excellent service, very helpful,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/31/2014Excellent service, very helpful, very good quality foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More expensive than it shouldTiremanDined on 1/25/2014More expensive than it should be but the food was quite goodI would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent STANDOUTSalgoldVIPDined on 1/25/2014I've been going there at least 5 years now and it is truly outstanding all around, from food quality & presentation to service. Excellent--keep up the great work and I'll def. keep coming back! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GreatAren1200VIPDined on 1/24/2014This is the second time my wife and I have visited. We went for our third anniversary. The service is fantastic and so is the food. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a nice, quiet dinner with the one they love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeEvanDined on 11/22/2013Second visit just as good as the first. A very enjoyable, delicious dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Have been there over a dozenHAppyVIPDined on 11/16/2013Have been there over a dozen times. Same people greet us and NEVER say WELCOME back nice to see you!! NOTHING! Very impersonal..... Food and specials are always the same. Needs an update to the menu. Need to be more gracious to everyone especially repeat customers.Special Features:
- Amazing placeTiti8947Dined on 11/16/2013This was my first time at this restaurant and I can say that it will not be my last time..... The food is absolutely amazing!!! I had the sea salted fish and I must say it is the best one I have had ( and I have eaten that many, many times). I took a couple of friends to celebrate birthdays and they have been raving about the food, service and the nice wine selection!!!! Definetely a gem of a place and right in my backyard to boot!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and excellent serviceluv2eatDined on 10/31/2013Great food and excellent service in a pleasant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must TryAren1200VIPDined on 10/19/2013My wife and I dined here on a whim. The staff was excellent and extremely knowledgeable. Their recommendations were spot on when it came to wine and appetizers. Our dinners were cooked perfectly and tasted awesome. Dessert was off the charts as well. there is nothing that could have made our dinning experience any better. one of the best places I have ever been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceAlanVIPDined on 9/21/2013Great food, great service and excellent suggestions from the wine list. What could be better?Special Features:
- First time dinerChipVIPDined on 7/24/2013We are always looking for restaurants in the neighborhood so we decided to try it. We were the only customers so service was amazing. Wanted a glass of wine and no reisling, moscato, Zinfandel so had to have water. The fish was amazing but the chicken francese was a little tough and had bone. They gave u some nice little appetizers. Will definitely give them another chance.Special Features:
- A gem of a place. Small, intimateOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/9/2013A gem of a place. Small, intimate and the food is Simply delicious consistent every time I'm there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/26/2013The food is excellent. The chef uses the freshest ingredients. Free, small appetizers were brought to the table right away, accompanied by the best bred ever. Outstanding restaurant in all respects, we'll be coming again soon.Special Features:
- GREAT food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/9/2013Haven't been to Pescecane for awhile but decided to try it again because it was also good. Well we weren't disappointed. Food was delicious and service was great. Will have to go more often as it one of the best restaurants in south florida.Special Features:
- Great place, food is great,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/22/2013Great place, food is great, great ambiance and service. loved it!Special Features:
- This is a gem of a restaurant.elimarVIPDined on 2/20/2013This is a gem of a restaurant. Unpretentious but dedicated in making the experience a pleasant surprise. One member had the casear salad and two shared a special fusilli filled with a pear/gorgonzola cheese filling with a sauce. This was worth the trip. Light but all the flavors discernible. One member had the Dover Sole special which was the whole fish, lightly sauteed. The fish was fillet expertly by staff, the fish was fresh and flaky, not overly cooked and not over priced. A shared an order of the rack of lamb which was a total of eight pieces. Served medium as ordered Accompanied by expertly lightly garlic infused mash potatoes with a hint of lumps. Spinach sauteed in garlic was done well.Special Features:
- Excellent food; the servicekilikiliDined on 2/14/2013Excellent food; the service impeccable. A great treat!Special Features:
- Neighborhood Gem/Exemplary ServiceSalgoldVIPDined on 1/26/2013This is without a doubt the very definition of neighborhood gem. The only thing better than the consistently good food is the exemplary service. The people that work there are excellent and make for an overall outstanding dining experience. Will definitely be back! Keep up the great work!Special Features:
- Very good Italian spot. WouldOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/2/2013Very good Italian spot. Would definitely go again.
- Fantastic!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/30/2012We selected this place simply on a whim and we were greatly impressed. We had a group of 15 people and knew there would be some challenges as there always is with such a large group. The service was friendly, efficient, and they did their best to see that all the meals were ready at the same time. The food was nothing short of fantastic! Everyone in our group raved over the selections they had made, the way in which is was all prepared, presented and the taste!! I would recommend to everyone- when in the Miami area you have to try this place! Yummy!Special Features:
- ELIZABETH TAYLORlizelaVIPDined on 9/9/2012SANTIAGO AND STAFF ALWAYS WONDERFUL, EVERYTHING IS FRESHLY ORDEREDSpecial Features:
- SANTIAGO AND HIS STAFF ARElizelaVIPDined on 9/8/2012SANTIAGO AND HIS STAFF ARE ALWAYS GREAT, THE FOOD IS ORDERED ALA CARTE AND MAD E FRESHLY!!Special Features:
- Best meal!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/2/2012Everithing we had was absolutely delicious. The service was fantastic. Definetely the best meal of our trips to miami, maybe even ever!!