Pescatores Fish House and Oyster Bar
614 Humbolt St
Victoria, BC V8W 1A4Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Pescatores Fish House and Oyster Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pescatores.com/
- Phone: (250) 385-4512
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30 Am - 11:00 Pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00 Am - 11:00 Pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Luke Griffin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Pescatores Fish House and Oyster Bar
Pescatores is an Italian inspired West Coast Seafood Restaurant. As often as we can we serve the freshest seafood coming from our local waters up and down the coast. Our focus is not only on our fresh food but also on friendly and knowledgeable service. The wines that we serve come from the coast as well including Napa, British Columbia, Oregon and Washington to name a few. This longstanding restaurant has become a staple amongst the locals and travelers alikeContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Pescatores Fish House and Oyster Bar - Best Restaurants in Victoria ›
Pescatores Fish House and Oyster Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (29)fit for foodies (26)romantic (18)neighborhood gem (13)notable wine list (12)good for groups (9)hot spot (5)great for lunch (4)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- suzyDined on 11/22/2014The service was fabulous. She was friendly and very accomadating... had a great sense of humor and was there to make our night special. It was my husband's 60th birhtday(whcih was indicated on the email booking) and it would perhaps have been nice to have a special desert or drink /coffee drink for the him. but not a criticisim just a suggestion. Overall we had a fabulous evening and would go back again for a special event.Special Features:
- A nice seafood restaurant.TerriDined on 11/13/2014Good food, lovely atmosphere with friendly,knowledgeable service and reasonably priced. In short, everything I want when dining out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodChrisDined on 11/8/2014We really enjoyed the atmosphere. The service was excellent and the food was delicious. Very romantic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PescatoresOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014My wife and I just had our anniversary dinner at Pescatores and we really enjoyed our experience. The atmosphere was perfect, service was excellent and the food was very good (although the portions were just a little small), I highly recommend Pescatores and we will be back again!Special Features:
- Long awaited and did not dissapointmustbegoodDined on 11/6/2014My wife and I have been talking about dining here for some time and finally for her birthday this year I decided that it was time. We were not dissapointed. It was a quiet and slow evening in the dining room, but that suited us just fine, particularly for the occasion. The food and service were great, quick, and better than expected. We will visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatDomokunDined on 10/25/2014excellent staff. Colleen was amazing. attentive. great food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable,high qualityBCJofBCDined on 10/24/20144 in our party chose 2 appetizers to share, totally different entrees from steak to cioppino, and desserts and all left satisfied with their experience. Our table was directly in line with the open door which made it a bit drafty and chilly at times. Service was attentive and professional. Food was consistent and of high quality but lacked a "wow" factor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as I rememberKatyDined on 10/24/2014It has been a while since I have eaten at Pescatore's, but the food was as good as ever. I would definitely go back, especially for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Amazing seafoodMattyEatsVicDined on 10/14/2014Thanks to our great server and a full evening to spend at Pescatores, me and my partner had a full fantastic and romantic experience. Local fresh oyster selection was great. Beef carpaccio was perfect. The seasonal fish dishes melted in the mouth with rich local root vegetables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Evening OutlivetodineDined on 10/6/2014Our friends told us about Pescatore's and said it was a favorite of theirs. When we arrived realized we had been there but many years ago. The food was great, we had trouble deciding on an appy but ended up both getting the tomato salad. It was the hit of the evening. We both had pasta dishes for mains and they were both very good and very filling. Thank you for listing smaller portions, more restaurants should adopt this! I found the noise level to be a bit too high for my liking and as it was a special occasion, hard to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Central GemsaigeDined on 10/6/2014Wonderful dinner. Cioppino and Dungeness Crab were amazing. Service was attentive and efficient. Never had to ask for anything as the staff was on the ball. Centrally located and easy to find. Will definitely return each time I visit!Special Features:
- Not so hotDSAPointedDined on 9/30/2014the food was not hot, not very tasty and they were stingy with the portions of seafood
- Flippant serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Our waiter was very short with us once he realized we were only having one course and no alcohol Bread that was delayed supposedly waiting to come out of the oven was stale and cold He was obviously very put out by having to provide two separate bills The Cioppino was low on content fish portion being one small piece of salmon
- Needs an upgradeDenodenDined on 9/25/2014Oysters were very good but, otherwise the food and service is mediocre, at best. There are many other, more upscale restaurants, which are less pricey than this. If you want oysters, just go next door to their Oyster bar and avoid this part of the establishment altogether.
- Great SeafoodGoodFoodDined on 9/17/2014This is a great place for seafood. High-end but worth the price. We got the seafood for 2 which is a lot of tasty seafood and variety. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- great foodfoodamustDined on 9/13/2014This was our 2nd time at Pescatores and once again we loved our meal! the food is very flavorful and the presentations are gorgeous. This time we were very disappointed in the service. Waited very long for our meals and after giving our server the credit card we still had to 'hunt her' down to get the check. Hopefully she was just having a bad night. We would still recommend Pescatores as the food is excellent!!and we will go back again next time we are in VictoriaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luved the foodSandrafromVicDined on 9/6/2014got there on time for our reservation..had to wait for our table..not really a big deal..Jennifer was our server..she's great but had too many tables to serve..brought our drinks right away..had to wait for refills..took ONE HOUR after we ordered for our food to arrive..the food was good when we finally got it..had to wave to get after dinner liquors ..I'd go back but maybe not on a Sat night..we were 3 ladies that felt we were an after thought, a wee bit neglected …Sandra from VictoriaSpecial Features:
- Lobster to die forJayODined on 8/28/2014If this is all you order, you will not be disappointed - the 1lb lobster was a meal in itself and the wine pairing was awesome. We sat right beside the aquarium which added just the right ambience to our evening. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Our new favourite in Victoria.funfood4ptgDined on 8/26/2014We have walked past Pescatores many times, while staying in Victoria, always going to another spot. A friend recommended it, and we are grateful. We had a very nice server, great oysters, the Sablefish, and Scallop Carbonara. All wonderful. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty, but slow.BeardedManDined on 8/22/2014We decided to have our meal in courses. Oysters, Salad, Pasta, Entree. There was a mistake and the wrong pasta was brought out. The time it took to correct the mistake and put out the next two course must have been an hour and a half. Almost like we were put back at the end of the line. The food was excellent when it did finally come. I'd suggest that you eat here, just have all of the food brought at once or be patient.Special Features:
- Poor dining experienceNot2dineDined on 8/19/2014I don't know if was the restaurant or the waiter, but service was very poor and when the food finely came out it was not hot and the fish was over done and dry. I expect it was left under the warming light too long. I noticed people who arrived after us were served before us. We ate there based on the star rating, but it was no star for us.
- Anniversary CelebrationFoodygoodyDined on 8/12/2014My wife and I recently celebrated our anniversary at Pedcatores. The food, service and ambience were top notch. Upon finding out that we were celebrating, the server brought over a couple of glasses of champagne. Nice touch! The only complaint I have was the size of the pasta dish that I ordered. Too small for the price. All and all an enjoyable experience and we would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, long waitJLOCKDined on 8/9/2014We went with a group of 6 adults and had a great time. The drinks were tasty and the food was better. We had a long wait (around 45min - 1hr) for the main course but the waiter was great & kept us informed. The food was definitely worth the wait; from steak to salmon, we all enjoyed our dishes. Food is spendy but as I mentioned worth the price. I would recommend for special occasions or adults based on the price point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!BaspenDined on 8/2/2014We really enjoyed all aspects of this restaurant. We started with heirloom, goat cheese salad which was delicious. Lots of main course options,... The miso glazed sturgeon was fabulous. And we enjoyed the lemongrass brûlée. Out waitress was attentive and very friendly.Special Features:
- Enjoyable experiencevinotintoDined on 8/2/2014Our first time at Pescatores Fish House, we will certainly be back a most enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PescatoresDeliciousDined on 8/2/2014The lighting was too dim for what I like. The waitress was very welcoming and accomodating. She was there when we needed so ething and made suggestions that turned out to be fabulous.The seafood was excellent and the orange martinis were so delicious. We had a gift certificate which made it possible to enjoy our stay at Pescatores. I thought prices were high but expectations were met.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely terrific!Optimus913Dined on 8/1/2014Lobster was divine and service was incredible! A+++ all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 278 reviews are from the Pescatores Fish House and Oyster Bar reviews archive.
- Fun seafood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/26/2014Open aired, but dark seafood restaurant with friendly staff, fun mixed drink menu and good seafood preps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/24/2014The seafood was amazing! Had I known about the dinner for 2, I would've saved room for that. It was a very popular item and looked really good every time it passed by. All of their seafood dishes and fresh oysters were very good.Special Features:
- Awesome sauce!celiacfriendlyDined on 7/12/2014Pescatore's is a friendly, warm, celiac-friendly fine dining experience. I had Atlantic lobster which was cooked perfectly and cut so I could easily get the meat. Our waiter was friendly, informative, attentive but not too much. My mum had the seafood salad, which was perfect (and she is picky). They have a good variety of meal to satisfy every appetite, and their carrot beet cake was exceptionally delicious. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Seafood DelightPrairieFoodieDined on 7/9/2014Pescatores Fish House is a great place for a memorable meal, starting with great service, excellent, well-presented food...and the most delicious Creme Brulee to finish off the meal. So good we can back for a late night dessert with coffee a second night. A great find along the Victoria harbour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Wild Salmon RisottoOutOfTownerDined on 6/22/2014The restaurant has a really pleasant atmosphere. It was both quiet and talkative and has beautiful fish tanks. I was too engrossed in the good food to pay much attention to the other diners but i did notice a broad mix in attire, ranging from shorts and a T-shirt to formal with a tie. I had the wild salmon with a rice risotto and my guest had the halibut. Both were delicious. The wild salmon risotto was so good I've been telling my friends to try it. We paired this with a white wine, Gewurztraminer, which added a pleasant sweetness to the dishes. The service was perfect. The waitress introduced herself quickly and politely and seemed to show up at right moment never leaving us wanting or waiting. We're going back to Pescatores.Special Features:
- If you happen to be in Victoria...gordonDined on 6/21/2014Was in Victoria British Columbia and tried this place. The seafood was outstanding. The fish is limited to what is local and freshly caught. No farm raised salmon here. It's pricey but so is everything in Canada. Get a reservation because it was very busy! That said the service was great, the waitress understood without asking that my father and I were hungry and not cocktailing so things moved quickly but not rushed.Special Features:
- Pricey for what you getTomKDined on 6/21/2014The prices were high for the small portions we received as we ordered the Seafood Exteavaganza. We were then told by server that since they only had 1 1/2 lb lobster left our price would not be $95 but$112 wow?? Server very nice but not very good at his craft as still learning how to waitI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood Beautifully PresentedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2014Three of us dined at Pescatores and enjoyed a lovely dinner. The seafood was extremely fresh, cooked perfectly and well presented. The house-smoked salmon salad and the seafood salad were especially good. We all enjoyed our meal and our delightful server, who was personable and attentive. We would dine there again and recommend it to anyone visiting the area.
- Had a wonderful dinnerFishinguyDined on 6/15/2014We were celebrating a big wedding anniversary and asked for a nice table at the time we made the reservation. We were given a wonderful table and presented with some complimentary bubbly just after we sat down. Our server was superb--very knowledgeable and attentive. Food was delicious. We had an absolutely wonderful dinner and couldn't have enjoyed ourselves more. Kudos to Pescatores for helping make our evening truly special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was PerfectHappySanJoseMomDined on 6/12/2014We had the green salad with pickled vegetables - one of the best I've ever had, and if ordering full not half portions, is enough for two to split. I had the lobster and crab cannelloni - very good. My dining partner had smoked salmon linguini - we both had half portions and it was enough. Lemon grass Brule. The service was great and the ambiance lovely. We liked it so much we came back for lunch two days later! Lunch time is less crowded.Special Features:
- Disappointing2crabcriticsDined on 5/23/2014We had a wonderful evening, but this wasn't it. Considering the positive reviews I read about this restaurant prior to making my reservation, it was especially disappointing to find that the crab dinner we ordered was not very good. The crab itself was presented well, but the meat of the body of the crab was mushy and flavourless, as if it had been previously frozen then thawed. The leg and claw meat was a little better, but still substandard. To add insult to injury, the crab itself was priced higher than others we have enjoyed in the past at other restaurants.
- Good Food some very noisy patronHannahDined on 5/23/2014Shared the seafood platter which is $95 for 2 last time I had the platter it cost $75 and included lobster (guess this means I am getting old). The platter was good - I would not describe it as being excellent - amount of food was good just nothing about the platter stood out for me. We wanted lobster but they had none on Friday night at 6:30 pm. The accompanying vegetables were very good. Bread was suppose to be fresh but tasted and felt stale ( they need to get te bread recipe from paglacci's). The dessert fondu was excellent - excellent quantity of fruit and lovely dipping chocolate. Service was excellent and very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New chef ruined this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/21/2014This used to be a great restaurant. I've been coming to pescatores for years and they had some items that were staples on the menu like the blacken halibut with Alaskan King crab on top or the crab stuffed spoke trout - but the new head chef removed these items and replaced them with less or items that are no where close to as good.