Pescatores Fish House and Oyster Bar
614 Humbolt St
Victoria, BC V8W 1A4Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Pescatores Fish House and Oyster Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pescatores.com/
- Phone: 2503854512
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30 Am - 11:00 Pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00 Am - 11:00 Pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Luke Griffin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Pescatores Fish House and Oyster Bar
Pescatores is an Italian inspired West Coast Seafood Restaurant. As often as we can we serve the freshest seafood coming from our local waters up and down the coast. Our focus is not only on our fresh food but also on friendly and knowledgeable service. The wines that we serve come from the coast as well including Napa, British Columbia, Oregon and Washington to name a few. This longstanding restaurant has become a staple amongst the locals and travelers alikeContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Pescatores Fish House and Oyster Bar - Best Restaurants in Victoria ›
Pescatores Fish House and Oyster Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (26)special occasion (23)romantic (15)good for groups (11)notable wine list (11)neighborhood gem (10)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Flippant serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014Our waiter was very short with us once he realized we were only having one course and no alcohol Bread that was delayed supposedly waiting to come out of the oven was stale and cold He was obviously very put out by having to provide two separate bills The Cioppino was low on content fish portion being one small piece of salmon
- Needs an upgradeDenodenDined on 9/25/2014Oysters were very good but, otherwise the food and service is mediocre, at best. There are many other, more upscale restaurants, which are less pricey than this. If you want oysters, just go next door to their Oyster bar and avoid this part of the establishment altogether.
- Great SeafoodGoodFoodDined on 9/17/2014This is a great place for seafood. High-end but worth the price. We got the seafood for 2 which is a lot of tasty seafood and variety. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- great foodfoodamustDined on 9/13/2014This was our 2nd time at Pescatores and once again we loved our meal! the food is very flavorful and the presentations are gorgeous. This time we were very disappointed in the service. Waited very long for our meals and after giving our server the credit card we still had to 'hunt her' down to get the check. Hopefully she was just having a bad night. We would still recommend Pescatores as the food is excellent!!and we will go back again next time we are in VictoriaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luved the foodSandrafromVicDined on 9/6/2014got there on time for our reservation..had to wait for our table..not really a big deal..Jennifer was our server..she's great but had too many tables to serve..brought our drinks right away..had to wait for refills..took ONE HOUR after we ordered for our food to arrive..the food was good when we finally got it..had to wave to get after dinner liquors ..I'd go back but maybe not on a Sat night..we were 3 ladies that felt we were an after thought, a wee bit neglected …Sandra from VictoriaSpecial Features:
- Lobster to die forJayODined on 8/28/2014If this is all you order, you will not be disappointed - the 1lb lobster was a meal in itself and the wine pairing was awesome. We sat right beside the aquarium which added just the right ambience to our evening. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Our new favourite in Victoria.funfood4ptgDined on 8/26/2014We have walked past Pescatores many times, while staying in Victoria, always going to another spot. A friend recommended it, and we are grateful. We had a very nice server, great oysters, the Sablefish, and Scallop Carbonara. All wonderful. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty, but slow.BeardedManDined on 8/22/2014We decided to have our meal in courses. Oysters, Salad, Pasta, Entree. There was a mistake and the wrong pasta was brought out. The time it took to correct the mistake and put out the next two course must have been an hour and a half. Almost like we were put back at the end of the line. The food was excellent when it did finally come. I'd suggest that you eat here, just have all of the food brought at once or be patient.Special Features:
- Poor dining experienceNot2dineDined on 8/19/2014I don't know if was the restaurant or the waiter, but service was very poor and when the food finely came out it was not hot and the fish was over done and dry. I expect it was left under the warming light too long. I noticed people who arrived after us were served before us. We ate there based on the star rating, but it was no star for us.
- Anniversary CelebrationFoodygoodyDined on 8/12/2014My wife and I recently celebrated our anniversary at Pedcatores. The food, service and ambience were top notch. Upon finding out that we were celebrating, the server brought over a couple of glasses of champagne. Nice touch! The only complaint I have was the size of the pasta dish that I ordered. Too small for the price. All and all an enjoyable experience and we would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, long waitJLOCKDined on 8/9/2014We went with a group of 6 adults and had a great time. The drinks were tasty and the food was better. We had a long wait (around 45min - 1hr) for the main course but the waiter was great & kept us informed. The food was definitely worth the wait; from steak to salmon, we all enjoyed our dishes. Food is spendy but as I mentioned worth the price. I would recommend for special occasions or adults based on the price point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!BaspenDined on 8/2/2014We really enjoyed all aspects of this restaurant. We started with heirloom, goat cheese salad which was delicious. Lots of main course options,... The miso glazed sturgeon was fabulous. And we enjoyed the lemongrass brûlée. Out waitress was attentive and very friendly.Special Features:
- Enjoyable experiencevinotintoDined on 8/2/2014Our first time at Pescatores Fish House, we will certainly be back a most enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PescatoresDeliciousDined on 8/2/2014The lighting was too dim for what I like. The waitress was very welcoming and accomodating. She was there when we needed so ething and made suggestions that turned out to be fabulous.The seafood was excellent and the orange martinis were so delicious. We had a gift certificate which made it possible to enjoy our stay at Pescatores. I thought prices were high but expectations were met.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely terrific!Optimus913Dined on 8/1/2014Lobster was divine and service was incredible! A+++ all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun seafood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/26/2014Open aired, but dark seafood restaurant with friendly staff, fun mixed drink menu and good seafood preps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food/ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/24/2014The seafood was amazing! Had I known about the dinner for 2, I would've saved room for that. It was a very popular item and looked really good every time it passed by. All of their seafood dishes and fresh oysters were very good.Special Features:
- Awesome sauce!celiacfriendlyDined on 7/12/2014Pescatore's is a friendly, warm, celiac-friendly fine dining experience. I had Atlantic lobster which was cooked perfectly and cut so I could easily get the meat. Our waiter was friendly, informative, attentive but not too much. My mum had the seafood salad, which was perfect (and she is picky). They have a good variety of meal to satisfy every appetite, and their carrot beet cake was exceptionally delicious. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Seafood DelightPrairieFoodieDined on 7/9/2014Pescatores Fish House is a great place for a memorable meal, starting with great service, excellent, well-presented food...and the most delicious Creme Brulee to finish off the meal. So good we can back for a late night dessert with coffee a second night. A great find along the Victoria harbour!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Wild Salmon RisottoOutOfTownerDined on 6/22/2014The restaurant has a really pleasant atmosphere. It was both quiet and talkative and has beautiful fish tanks. I was too engrossed in the good food to pay much attention to the other diners but i did notice a broad mix in attire, ranging from shorts and a T-shirt to formal with a tie. I had the wild salmon with a rice risotto and my guest had the halibut. Both were delicious. The wild salmon risotto was so good I've been telling my friends to try it. We paired this with a white wine, Gewurztraminer, which added a pleasant sweetness to the dishes. The service was perfect. The waitress introduced herself quickly and politely and seemed to show up at right moment never leaving us wanting or waiting. We're going back to Pescatores.Special Features:
- If you happen to be in Victoria...gordonDined on 6/21/2014Was in Victoria British Columbia and tried this place. The seafood was outstanding. The fish is limited to what is local and freshly caught. No farm raised salmon here. It's pricey but so is everything in Canada. Get a reservation because it was very busy! That said the service was great, the waitress understood without asking that my father and I were hungry and not cocktailing so things moved quickly but not rushed.Special Features:
- Pricey for what you getTomKDined on 6/21/2014The prices were high for the small portions we received as we ordered the Seafood Exteavaganza. We were then told by server that since they only had 1 1/2 lb lobster left our price would not be $95 but$112 wow?? Server very nice but not very good at his craft as still learning how to waitI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood Beautifully PresentedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2014Three of us dined at Pescatores and enjoyed a lovely dinner. The seafood was extremely fresh, cooked perfectly and well presented. The house-smoked salmon salad and the seafood salad were especially good. We all enjoyed our meal and our delightful server, who was personable and attentive. We would dine there again and recommend it to anyone visiting the area.
- Had a wonderful dinnerFishinguyDined on 6/15/2014We were celebrating a big wedding anniversary and asked for a nice table at the time we made the reservation. We were given a wonderful table and presented with some complimentary bubbly just after we sat down. Our server was superb--very knowledgeable and attentive. Food was delicious. We had an absolutely wonderful dinner and couldn't have enjoyed ourselves more. Kudos to Pescatores for helping make our evening truly special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was PerfectHappySanJoseMomDined on 6/12/2014We had the green salad with pickled vegetables - one of the best I've ever had, and if ordering full not half portions, is enough for two to split. I had the lobster and crab cannelloni - very good. My dining partner had smoked salmon linguini - we both had half portions and it was enough. Lemon grass Brule. The service was great and the ambiance lovely. We liked it so much we came back for lunch two days later! Lunch time is less crowded.Special Features:
- The following 268 reviews are from the Pescatores Fish House and Oyster Bar reviews archive.
- Disappointing2crabcriticsDined on 5/23/2014We had a wonderful evening, but this wasn't it. Considering the positive reviews I read about this restaurant prior to making my reservation, it was especially disappointing to find that the crab dinner we ordered was not very good. The crab itself was presented well, but the meat of the body of the crab was mushy and flavourless, as if it had been previously frozen then thawed. The leg and claw meat was a little better, but still substandard. To add insult to injury, the crab itself was priced higher than others we have enjoyed in the past at other restaurants.
- Good Food some very noisy patronHannahDined on 5/23/2014Shared the seafood platter which is $95 for 2 last time I had the platter it cost $75 and included lobster (guess this means I am getting old). The platter was good - I would not describe it as being excellent - amount of food was good just nothing about the platter stood out for me. We wanted lobster but they had none on Friday night at 6:30 pm. The accompanying vegetables were very good. Bread was suppose to be fresh but tasted and felt stale ( they need to get te bread recipe from paglacci's). The dessert fondu was excellent - excellent quantity of fruit and lovely dipping chocolate. Service was excellent and very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New chef ruined this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/21/2014This used to be a great restaurant. I've been coming to pescatores for years and they had some items that were staples on the menu like the blacken halibut with Alaskan King crab on top or the crab stuffed spoke trout - but the new head chef removed these items and replaced them with less or items that are no where close to as good.
- excellent service and foodjjjsDined on 5/17/2014The Sable fish was amazing. We would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experience2old2careDined on 5/17/2014We were seated quickly. The table was perfect for two people. The server was outstanding, quick, friendly, knowledgeable, but not stuffy. Wonderful menu, including daily specials. Meal was great. Definitely a repeat experience for us, and we would be happy to bring friends next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedsasquatchDined on 5/11/2014Prices are at a five star restaurant level, but this restaurant is far from being one. Ambience is poor, with a very noisy kitchen, that you hear all over the restaurant. For $26, my Sooke trout was minimal and with very little veggies. My wife's entree had 3 shrimps am done scallop. Dessert was good but overpriced for a very thin slice of cake. This restaurant is overrated and won't go back.
- Mothers Day DinnerpatsyjDined on 5/11/2014I am often reluctant to dine out on special occasions and selected Pescatores for its menu and reputation. Both met our expectations and left us wondering, why had we not eaten here before? Our server Heather was very attentive, definitely you should order seafood (my husband said his chicken was ok)Being Mother's Day a little something like a flower would have been niceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service is great, but food is not.JonandKeyceDined on 5/11/2014We went on mothers day and remembered from a previous meal what we liked. Ordering the seafood salad was a definite for us, as was the carbonara. We found they had changed the salad from a decent portion to a tiny little plate. We also ordered a halibut dish, another small portion and plain. We didn't enjoy it. The carbonara was a good as we remembered it, however we were sure we ordered a half order last time we had gone, and it was larger than our full order this time. We left disappointed, overcharged for what we got, and hungry.Special Features:
- OverratedFiskDined on 5/10/2014The food tasted as if it were stirred with the same spoon as the remaining dishes offered. Bland and tasteless. I had to ask for water at least 3 times before receiving it. The decor extremely outdated. I would NOT recommend this restaurant especially since there are so many other restaurants within walking distance.
- Never again.HappyTastebudsDined on 5/6/2014Our reservation was for 7:45, booked for 3. We were seated at 8:30 and told that our reservation had been made for 2 guests. Not so...and I had the confirmation to prove it. Our wait was enhanced by numerous updates... first it was five minutes, then ten, the people who were at our table were given their cheque, then they were about to receive their cheque, then the table was being prepared, then the table was only for 2 so then another table being prepared. The reception area was chaotic. Once seated, our waitress took our order immediately. The starters arrived quickly. The main courses took another hour. While the food was excellent, it did not compensate for the restaurant's utter lack of professionalism.Special Features:
- Good Food, Terrible ServicetrackieDined on 5/6/2014We waited 20 minutes for our server to greet us, then an hour for a (cold) starter to arrive, then another hour for entrees. Our overloaded waitress was apologetic, but the manager, when confronted, denied anything untowards had occurred. Ruined my mother's 65th birthday party.
- Great FindkyewDined on 5/4/2014I love this restaurant. The service was outstanding.They went out of their way to accommodate any allergies,etc.i had the sablefish and it was awesome!Special Features:
- Pescatores ReservationsChunkymonkeyDined on 4/26/2014This restaurant needs some serious help when it comes to reservations. After being sent to the bar to wait for our table, I started talking to other customers who had been waiting for their reserved table for 45 minutes. It reminded me of a Seinfeld episode, they know how to take a reservation, but they don't know how to hold a reservation, and that's the most important part of the reservation, the holding......Special Features:
- birthday dinnerhardtopleaseDined on 4/25/2014We enjoyed everything about our experience. . Food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downhill slideVictoriaLocalDined on 4/19/2014Overcooked, undersized, over-priced, underwhelmed. Another great Victoria restaurant bites the dust.Special Features: