955 2nd Ave.
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://pescatorerestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2127527151x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday:
12:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Kenneth Johnson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Pescatore Restaurant, located in the heart of midtown Manhattan, is the ideal location for private parties. It boasts modern décor and specious rooms for all kinds of private functions. Our staff welcomes you and your guest with gracious service and constant attention to detail.
- Private Party Contact: Charles Devigne 2127527151x
A word from Pescatore
Busy midtown restaurant going on its 20th year serving reliable and affordable Italian dishes such as Parpadelle Bolognese, Chicken Parmigiano and Pizzettas. We also proudly offer very fresh seafood dishes such as our famous Chilean Seabass, Linguine Pescatore (shellfish and homemade tomato sauce) or tasty appetizers such as Steamed Clams, Tuna or Salmon Tartarte. Along with our recently renovated dining room we offer you private spaces that can accommodate up to 80 persons. Come enjoy the young friendly atmosphere of Pescatore.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pescatore reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (6)great for lunch (4)romantic (4)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)special occasion (2)notable wine list (2)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great PlacececeontripDined on 10/5/2014Love the place and the food. We ate the pescatore pasta, and it was great. You can ate up to 4, we were 2. The service is asking you all the tine if you need something, very pleasant. I will come back, for a brunch sure or at night like this time. Desert are a must!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulAmericanAdventurerDined on 9/19/2014A wonderful find, tucked between more ostentatious offerings on 2nd Avenue. Knowledgable waiting staff who clearly took pride in what they served, excellent food and good value too. A little cramped but added to the vibe. Sensational desserts!Special Features:
- Best Neighborhood Place East SideBonJourVIPDined on 9/18/2014Love this place. I have been coming here well before the current owners and all I can say is the current owner has made this place 1000% better. The food is delicious...no matter WHAT you order. The wine and cocktails are wonderful. The wait staff super professional and kind. The whole vibe is just great, relaxing, full of energy, and just a great place to be calm and enjoy the surrounds. You would be doing yourself a huge mis-justis if you choose not to experience this gem. I can promise you, you WILL be back. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What Did you say?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2014The food was very good. The restaurant has a low ceiling. The restaurant was full of diners who appeared to be conversing in the din. My guess was that they were from the neighborhood and knew what they were getting into. There is no acoustical tiling on the ceiling and the noise level was unbearable but many diners in NYC seem to consider that normal. I carry earplugs but forgot to use them.Special Features:
- janegoldVIPDined on 8/8/2014always excellent, never disappoints!!! seafood with an italian flair!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service.kristymasDined on 8/6/2014Enjoyed eating there. Staff attentive and friendly, and really good food! I liked the atmosphere and my friends and I really enjoyed ourselves. We will return and recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieDined on 8/1/2014Was there for lunch - Service was very good - waiter was attentive, water glass was never empty. The place was very dark, probably too dark for lunch but probably good for dinner service. The branzino dish was very good but the lobster with fettuccine was a bit disappointing - we were expecting to see big chunks of lobster that had some resemblance of lobster (a claw or a tail) but the lobster was all chopped up and mixed with the fettuccine The meatball appetizer was really good but the mushroom risotto/rice balls was okay (a bit too crispy/overdone). The hazelnut & salted caramel gelato was excellent (creamy and flavorful). Overall I must say that the service was better than the food - as the food was hit or miss.
- Good local Italian restaurantManhattaniteVIPDined on 7/31/2014My friends all enjoyed their seafood dishes. I ordered the NY strip steak at medium, but it was well done; and I wished that the chef had trimmed more fat off. We shared meatball appertizers which were good. The waitress, host, bus people were all attentive. The drinks were fine; and the bottle of champagne was perfectly chilled and tasted great. Overall our dinner was good, not great. Also, it was just a tad bit noisy even though we had the entire back area. It's a convenient, local place for some Italian seafood.Special Features:
- GoroDined on 7/25/2014Salade and Pasta were very delicious. Unfortunately, it was so busy by so many customers when we visited. It was so noisy. We ordered sparkling water, but we have to remind waiter so many times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingGlobaltravellerDined on 7/16/2014I went here for an early dinner with my 10 year old daughter. However, the restaurant was packed and very noisy. The menu looked good though so we stayed and ordered. My fish main course was awful. There was a creamy cauliflower sauce with the fish and it really tasted awful. I felt unwell afterwards. The dish really wasn't what I expected given the description on the menu. I won't be going here on my desk visit to the city.Special Features:
- The following 500 reviews are from the Pescatore reviews archive.
- A Nice SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/22/2014We have walked past Pescatore numerous times without considering to eat here, but last week on a sunny afternoon we decided to have an early dinner at one of their outdoor tables. We had octopus with chick peas, mushroom risotto balls and prosciutto to start. All three appetizers were tasty with sufficient volume for two. Pasta was a disappointment; the vongole was too lemony for my taste and my wife's rigatoni carbonnara was a tab under cooked although the sauce was acceptable. The main course veal with arugula was standard fare but more than acceptable. Service was attentive and our water glasses were kept full throughout the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice kid-friendly placegenemd48VIPDined on 6/20/2014Wonderful restaurant. Food is wonderful and the staff was very nice to our 8 year old grandson and flexible with the order to suit his preferences. We will return on another visit to NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinnerPouncesMomDined on 6/16/2014We never sit outside, but made a reservation to do so since it's been such a long winter. We had a great table outside and heard the rowdy people next door cheering for the US in the world cup game. Our hostess and waitress were very accommodating to moving our seats to get a little further from the noise, but still sitting outdoors. The three appetizer selection was very good and allowed us to try multiple flavors. The duck portion was small (of course, so are ducks), but the pasta was very generous.
- Great small neighborhood restaurantSpanningTheGlobeVIPDined on 6/11/2014Great service, very friendly and engaging servers. Food and wine great as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great recommendation from a friendexpectingmoreDined on 6/7/2014Although the nickname for this review is "expecting more" I could NOT have expected more. Our friends had dined here several weeks before we visited NY and recommended Pescatore to us. We came with my wife's relatives from another country who we met in NY and they were as impressed as we were. We ordered flatbread pizza for an appetizer and would have ordered more but didn't want to spoil our appetite for dinner. We all had the Bronzini (spelling?) and it was delicious. We would recommend this restaurant to others without hesitation. We will definitely visit again when nest in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for LunchCausalDinerDined on 5/28/2014The food is delicious and the hostess was very friendly and accommodating. Some of the servers weren't that attentive but overall was a great experience.Special Features:
- Great BrunchNYCDanDined on 5/18/2014Was able to get in last minute with 8 people, Sometimes that not a good sign, but we must have timed it well cause the place filled up shortly after. Brunch was amazing - great food and excellent service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was fairPeterSVIPDined on 5/10/2014Everything was good except the service. The servers brought the salad with the main course. I sent back the main course and then when we finished the saiad, it took a long time to get the main course back on the table. When I paid the waitresss she just through the check on the table and did not even say Thank you or Goodbye.
- It's okmidtownVIPDined on 5/3/2014Dependable and solid, not dazzling. The pizzettes tee are a highlight.Special Features:
- Good foodItalianVIPDined on 5/1/2014I am not from NYC, but this was a very nice Italian restaurant. The ambience is ok, but the food was very good. I would recommend it to any passers by.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Neighborhood Spotsrk49VIPDined on 4/26/2014Outside tables on a nice day. Really nice hostess. The sandwiches and salads were good. The fish could use a little more seasoning. The beet salad was very good. Nice day good company. Will return.
- Great Local RestaurantSarasotaLadyVIPDined on 4/24/2014My husband and I came to New York for a few days and invited friends to join us for dinner at Pescatore. It was the perfect choice as we had a great table at the back is we could talk and catch up. The food was delicious and I can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemTheatrefanDined on 4/20/2014This was a great place to meet my family for brunch/lunch Great location for us. Friendly staff. Good service. We had brunch. I had eggs my family had the sandwiches. They were very good. Mimosa were great I would certainly returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pescatore shines again.chipDined on 4/20/2014I took 8 friends and relatives to Pescatore on Easter Sunday for brunch. The restaurant opened at 11:30 am. We arrived early while the staff was still setting up for the day. I asked if I could get a couple of Bloody Mary's or Mimosa's. Absolutely, was the answer. Never a hesitation. When the restaurant was ready, we were seated. The food here is always consistently good. The staff is always pleasant and attentive, without being intrusive. When you go here, you must have the cheesecake. NYC is famous for great spots for cheesecake, but Pescatore, laterally, takes the cake. It is really terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite Italian spot in midtownAllyDined on 4/8/2014This place has literally been my favorite since I moved to NY. The prices are great, the food is perfect and the bar area is great. it definitely feels cozy and like a neighborhood gem. Great for a date spot, family spot, girls dinner, bday brunch..any occasion. And their sangria is amazing!!Special Features:
- Good foodcolaresdinesDined on 4/5/2014Pescatore is renowned for a solid product, i.e. good food. Excellent octopus appetizer, a rare thing at NYC tables. Very tender calamari (fried).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A find in midtownOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/3/2014Travel to midtown NY frequently and always looking for a good restaurant with reasonable prices. Food was delicious and priced right for NY.Special Features:
- great food!tacogirlVIPDined on 3/18/2014food was great! I love that they have half portion pastas! I got two different half portion pastas for my entree. It was perfect!Special Features:
- I enjoyed the food very muchLuv2eatVIPDined on 3/18/2014I enjoyed the food very much and will return. The fact that they offer 1/2 portions is a big deal and much appreciated!Special Features:
- Pasta disappointingLavelleDined on 3/15/2014A friend and I tried Pescatore on a recommendation from another friend. Service was fine and our appetizers very good - lightly fried calamari and octopus served in a deep bowl that was a bit awkward. The wine was good and very fairly priced. We both ordered pasta. My friend's linguinivongole was very salty and my linguini Nero was extremely overbooked. Also, if you go early, do not sit by the window. In time, bar patrons will be pushed against your table.
- not as much fish as the nameOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/15/2014not as much fish as the name suggests…and the several dishes that I have tried have been very tasty, but quite rich. Not light, healthy-feeling fish type dishes. Our waiter was quite wonderful.
- Great Italian foodValenzjbVIPDined on 3/12/2014We learned about Pescatore when we saw executive chef Kenneth Johnson on the Food Network show "Chopped," and decided we had to try it when we realized the restaurant was almost around the corner from where we live. Everything we ate was delicious, especially the mushroom risotto balls with truffle aioli and the Chilean sea bass. The dessert was also amazing - zeppoles with three different dipping sauces. We will definitely be returning to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple tasty food, good serviceHaggisDined on 3/10/2014We sat upstairs for the Luis Simas cabaret show and it was wonderful! Hubby's Osso Buco portion was small, but very tasty. Fried Calamari was crispy and not greasy. The waiter and bus boy worked well together and kept the whole room in food and drink. Nice portions on the glasses of wine. We'd definitely go back. No idea what the downstairs is like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a local restaurant should beSippingsisterVIPDined on 2/23/2014Met a friend for dinner there. Had a lovely glass of red at the bar - it was happy hour so for only $5 I got to try a new Spanish red and that is always a good start to a meal. It was quiet when we first arrived, but by the time we left 2 hours later, the restaurant's tables were nearly full and as was the volume. But no matter. It was a fun Sunday night. They have a great special, which we didn't know about before hand, but took advantage of when we got there - Sunday parm - choice of veal, chicken, shrimp or eggplant parmesan w/salad and pasta all for $20. I had the veal, she the eggplant and both were quite tasty. Our waitress was attentive without hovering. Yes, I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to PescatoresilverfoxDined on 2/14/2014We have been to Pescatore before and this time we were so disappointed in the service and particularly the food that we may not go back.
- Good Restaurant, ....two4lunchDined on 2/6/2014Our group of six enjoyed our dinner. Any of us would return. dkeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PescatoreSweetsDined on 2/4/2014Relaxed and friendly. Very good food & service. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The manager was very attentivemarcomanDined on 2/1/2014The manager was very attentive and friendly. The bartender was very informative and engaging.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dinner at PescatoreSueWDined on 1/24/2014Quality of the food was fabulous. Had pasta with clams--and it was the best I've ever had. Varied wine list. Reasonably priced considering quality is so high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It isn't just fish!VeffDined on 1/23/2014We had a wonderful experience at Pescatore. Erica, our waitress, was delightful. The menu is good, the specials were terrific. It's a perfect dining experience for those over 30 in the neighborhood. (Many of the places on 2nd Avenue in the 50s are hangouts for younger crowd..)Special Features: