955 2nd Ave.
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://pescatorerestaurant.com/
- Phone: (212) 752-7151
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Sunday:
12:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Kenneth Johnson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Pescatore Restaurant, located in the heart of midtown Manhattan, is the ideal location for private parties. It boasts modern décor and specious rooms for all kinds of private functions. Our staff welcomes you and your guest with gracious service and constant attention to detail.
- Private Party Contact: Charles Devigne 2127527151x
A word from Pescatore
Busy midtown restaurant going on its 20th year serving reliable and affordable Italian dishes such as Parpadelle Bolognese, Chicken Parmigiano and Pizzettas. We also proudly offer very fresh seafood dishes such as our famous Chilean Seabass, Linguine Pescatore (shellfish and homemade tomato sauce) or tasty appetizers such as Steamed Clams, Tuna or Salmon Tartarte. Along with our recently renovated dining room we offer you private spaces that can accommodate up to 80 persons. Come enjoy the young friendly atmosphere of Pescatore.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pescatore reviews from OpenTable diners
40 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (9)great for outdoor dining (7)late-night find (6)great for lunch (4)romantic (4)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (3)special occasion (2)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- GONE DOWN HILLmmsaVIPDined on 5/24/2013I HAVE EATEN THERE MANY TIMES WHEN I COME TO NYC. THIS LAST TIME WAS AWFUL. THE MENU HAD CHANGED AND THEY TOOK OFF FETTUCCINE ALFREDO(THE REAL Deal) WHICH WAS GREAT. OUR WAITER ASSURED US THEY COULD STILL MAKE IT.. THE DISH THAT CAME WAS NOT A THING LIKE IT USED TO BE. THE NOODLES WERE ALL STUCK TOGETHER, THERE WAS NO SAUCE, IT WAS VERY DRY AND NO FLAVOR. WE ASKED IT THEY HAD A NEW CHEF OR NEW OWNER BUT THEY ASSURED US IT WAS THE SAME. DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED BUT WE WILL NEVER GO THERE AGAIN. EVEN THE CHEESECAKE WAS NOT AS GOOD AS IT USED TO BE,. VERY DISSAPOINTING
- well done. Priced right andlinnieVIPDined on 5/19/2013well done. Priced right and with a neighborhood feel. Nice Menu and everything was delicious!Special Features:
- I've been there several timesRichDined on 5/18/2013I've been there several times with my family. The food has always been excellent.Special Features:
- Good food but it got loudJohnMDined on 5/9/2013Good food but it got loud as the evening progressedSpecial Features:
- Great desserts!LuvEatingOutVIPDined on 5/4/2013Our table shared three desserts, cheesecake, tiramisu and fresh zeppoles. Each was very good, but I especially liked the zeppoles which came hot from the kitchen with three dipping sauces.Special Features:
- Pescatores - NYCCKFinNYCDined on 5/3/2013Interesting menu with something for almost everyone. Moderate prices, good food and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous food. the chef isjanegoldVIPDined on 4/29/2013fabulous food. the chef is sensational, on chopped and in pescatore's kitchen !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- aside from the hostess wholinnieVIPDined on 4/28/2013aside from the hostess who does not know how to use the computer screen the restaurant is a good neighborhood place to go. Food is good and prices are reasonable.Special Features:
- sidewalk bistroraquelleVIPDined on 4/27/2013always a delight to return to Pescatore, both for lunch and for evening. Lovely service, solid Italian cooking, great cocktails. And the open sidewalk tables are perfect for watching the world go by...Special Features:
- I enjoyed myself at Pescatore.NYCGalDined on 4/25/2013I enjoyed myself at Pescatore. I had dinner with a couple girlfriends. The appetizers and pasta bolongnese were fantastic. The chicken parmesan were okay. Overall, it was a nice meal at a nice restaurant. Only downside... Some of the customers are on the older side and had asked us to be quieter. The manager asked us if we were okay and we decided to move to another table.Special Features:
- wonderful, as alwaysSusyVIPDined on 4/20/2013Been dining here for years. A wonderful spot in Beekman area. Solid italian fare. Great affordable brunch, including one cocktail and yummy coffee. I think it was recently renovated inside, a little more spare looking than I remember... But that doesn't change the good food and attentive service. Never feel rushed here, which is extremely important to me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gnocchi with bolognese sauceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013Gnocchi with bolognese sauce and goat's cheese topping special was a feast for the senses. Service was attentive and the wines by the glass were good. Risotto main was fine, but I have yet to find a good risotto in NYC, always an overcooked mush. Meal made for a great ending to a a long tough week.Special Features:
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2013I took my friend for her birthday dinner. The food was excellent as well as the service. Do not forget the desert, on my god! Never had a bad meal here. Would go over and over.Special Features:
- HomeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/18/2013This is a long overdue review. My wife and I have been coming to this restaurant for years. From Charles to Debbie, to the rest of the staff, they are always welcoming, friendly and professional. We live around the block, yet Pescatore is a home away from home.. We had the cabonara pasta the other night and it was the best I have ever had. Truly a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Friendly service, reasonably pricedOccasionalDinerVIPDined on 4/16/2013I had a roasted potatoes appetizer, which was delicious, and a fine Caesar's salad from the lunch menu. It was an ample amount of food, and reasonably priced. The service was friendly and fairly attentive. No complaints from me. There was some outdoor seating, but we ate inside.Special Features:
- Food was really good! ServicemelissaDined on 4/13/2013Food was really good! Service could have been better.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant, visitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/13/2013Love this restaurant, visit every time I'm in the city! The best Carbonara outside of Italy.
- I had the frilled tuna andOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/10/2013I had the frilled tuna and my friend had the gnocchi. It was a nice meal.
- Hoped For BetterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/7/2013Service was very disjointed. Food was good but not memorable. When I placed my order with a glass of wine, the waitress placed the order and returned with my glass of wine. I asked her if I could change my mind on the last order placed when she said she would have to check with the kitchen. She came back and said they had already started on my order and it could not be changed. That worried me because it was pasta carbonnara and I know how it is prepared. By the end of the meal I had a different wait person and the restaurant was just going crazy.
- This is a very nice and reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/7/2013This is a very nice and reasonable neighborhood Italian food restaurant. We were a party of three and we all enjoyed our meals. We were visiting the city and have added this dining location to our must return list. I will be recommending it to others visiting New York. Our initial greeting was warm and I thought the service and food was excellent.Special Features:
- The food and service was reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/4/2013The food and service was really good. The noise was very loud. It was hard to hear the other person you are dining with speak.Special Features:
- We especially liked the halfOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/28/2013We especially liked the half portions of pasta; made it possible to do an appetizer and pasta without feeling overloaded. Clams out of the shell in the vongole was a great touch to the dish.Special Features:
- Food was prepared exactlyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/28/2013Food was prepared exactly the way we ordered it. Fish was fresh a presentation was terrific. Neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Wonderful food and atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/28/2013Wonderful food and atmosphere. Reminded me of Italy and THAT is saying something!Special Features:
- Excellent mediterranean menu;FALGDined on 3/27/2013Excellent mediterranean menu; reasonably priced; perfect for business lunchSpecial Features:
- The food was delicious andKarenGVIPDined on 3/26/2013The food was delicious and my favorite part of the menu was that all of the pasta dishes can be ordered in half portions which allow you to try more than one of their delicious offerings if you so choose. The half portions are still generous sizes so you will definitely get a tasre for the flavor of each wonderful dish. My best friend and I had a great meal here and would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Enjoyed my first meal at Pescatore.NoMadFANVIPDined on 3/26/2013Enjoyed my first meal at Pescatore. Will return for the value. The Pesto pasta was tasty. I had the whole branzino which was perfect, and my guest had chicken parma which was enjoyed as well.Special Features:
- The food here is excellent:OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/20/2013The food here is excellent: hand-made pasta, oven-baked pizza. The service is also very good. Will be coming here time and again.Special Features:
- Great local restaurant. FoodPBK23Dined on 3/17/2013Great local restaurant. Food great, service excellent.Special Features:
- Tried this on a reccomendationOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/15/2013Tried this on a reccomendation from a friemd and was very happy with the result. The food was great and very reasonable. The portions were a little small and the restaurant a bit loud but the menu was great and the service fantastic.
- It was very crowded when weMaggieDined on 3/13/2013It was very crowded when we first arrived, which made it very loud. But a great little Italian place.Special Features:
- A Gem on 2nd AvenueOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/13/2013Pescatore just gets better and better. Staff who are friendly and very helpful, a first rate menu and one of the best priced wine lists (with some real gems). Do try the special of the day (normally a great fish dish and also home made ravioli); the beeet salad is a terrific appetiser. I visited for lunch this week with a couple of colleagues and they thought it a great place too. Special thanks to Charles, the owner. He has a great restaurant but he does not rest on his laurels; always looking to do that little bit more. Great atmosphere, great food and great prices!! Highly recommended.Special Features:
- I haven't been to PescatoreDKNYDined on 3/13/2013I haven't been to Pescatore in a long while but just returned after seeing that the lunch menu offered selections other than traditional Italian food. Great sandwiches and flatbread pizza's.Special Features:
- The food is very good -- servingNYCBobVIPDined on 3/8/2013The food is very good -- serving everything from wonderful Flat Bread pizzas to classic italian dishes and seaqfood reasonably priced. Busy bar scene.
- I was pleasantly surprisedEricaVIPDined on 3/4/2013I was pleasantly surprised and how good - and how well-priced - the food here was. The half dishes of pasta are perfect, and allow you the chance to sample many things without breaking the bank. Every single thing that my group got was good, and the half priced glasses of wine until 7pm were just the cherry on top. Great for groups, great for people who want to split, and great for people who want to try a little bit of everything.Special Features:
- The fried calamari appetizerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/3/2013The fried calamari appetizer was perfect. I had the black linguini with shrimp which was awesome and my wife had the linguini with lobster in a grappa cream sauce...outstanding! Loved our waitress as well...all around a great choice for dinner...our first time, but will go back again soon!Special Features:
- Very good food, casual ambiancemiguellecuonaDined on 3/3/2013Prices struck me as a good value for NYC, and the quality was quite good too. Three Appetizers for a set price presents a hard choice, so many sounded great. We went with a tartare, a calamari and a citrus-fennel sardine to explore the range. All very fresh and authentic. Pasta appears house-made, tender, irregular and delicious. Lobster and grappa sauce looked very nice. Entree of veal shoulder pulled apart easily, over creamy polenta. Very good food, casual ambiance.Special Features:
- Great little neighborhoodSaqueDined on 2/25/2013Great little neighborhood spot. Food was very good, hot and savory.Special Features:
- Great and humble place. NotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/23/2013Great and humble place. Not too expensive, speedy service and delicious, authentic Italisn food.Special Features:
- Salad and entrees were veryWhirled91Dined on 2/23/2013Salad and entrees were very good. All in our party of six enjoyed their meals. Service was excellent. Deserts were not ordered so I cannot comment but the choices were good. Atmosphere casual and prices were relatively inexpensive. I would go back and eat at Pescatore's again. You don't need to go the village for good food. This place was off the beaten tourist path which made it a better dining experience for me. From bar to dining room all in my party enjoyed the experience.Special Features: