2455 Mason Street
San Francisco, CA 94133Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cafepescatore.com/
- Phone: 4155611111
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: 7:00am thru 10:30am daily
Lunch: 11:30am thru 4:00pm daily
Dinner: 4:00pm thru 10:00pm daily. Happy Hour everyday 2pm thru 5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Rafael "Raffa" Mayoral
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Chef Raffa would love to cater your special event, so let us help you create the perfect menu for your fun day! Please contact Debbie Jimenez at email@example.com or call her at 415-292-4545.
- Special Events: Pescatore would love to host your special event! Give Debbie a ring at 415-292-4545 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cross Street: North Point
- Public Transit: The 8x and 47 bus lines, as well as the Hyde/Powell & Taylor/Powell Cable Cars. The F Line Muni Train.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Valet parking available at the hotel lobby and a parking garage located across street at Northpoint Shopping Center. Plenty of street parking free after 7pm.
A word from Pescatore
Pescatore is the perfect neighborhood sidewalk cafe serving Italian specialties and wood oven pizzas with an emphasis on fresh seafood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pescatore reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (14)good for groups (11)kid-friendly (9)special occasion (8)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (6)romantic (6)fit for foodies (6)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Service was slowwhatabout43Dined on 8/17/2014The guy wasn't an overall bad server. But I am used to brunching in the mission and marina, and this guy def isn't used to a real brunch. I will give him, that it is located in a super touristy spot. But I chose it so that my visiting family didn't have to go far. Next time, obviously, i will go to real brunch spots. But for a quick spot to eat, this isn't so bad, just expect your glass to go empty quite often.
- Great ServiceDTanDined on 8/13/2014Most notable by far was our waiter Marlowe, he certainly went out of his way to make the experience for us. The food was delicious and expedient, we had the chicken parm and the spaghetti bolognese with homemade meatballs. It was a bit pricey, but with a Bay Area COLA I guess it's regular dinner fare!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great StaffNewbiesDined on 8/10/2014We had breakfast there for a special event and the staff made the morning even more memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip ItHappyTomatoDined on 8/3/2014Since last going to this restaurant (which was several years ago), it has drastically changed. It's no longer the nice Italian restaurant it once was. Completely redone & changed. Décor was blah, as was the menu & food.
- Just ok...EastBayEatsDined on 7/25/2014The nice thing about this place was that there was availability for our group. The service was horrible. The food was just ok. Avoid the pizzas. They are less than special. The special was actually the best thing at our table.Special Features:
- Blah food.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/23/2014Chose this restaurant for lunch because of it's high ratings on OT and Yelp. Simply disappointed with everything we ordered. Were we not on the clock, everything would have been sent back.
- Extremely overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014The food was good but not extravagant. The portion sizes were small for the price. I have had Italian food of equal value at a chain franchise for less than half the cost. Overall, extremely pricy even for San Francisco.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2014The place was ok but not great. The menu was not clear as there were significant differences between the available menu advertised on open table and the menu offered. Although the place was rather empty, it took a long time to have the dishes served. Positive: the food was good
- Great variety of seafood dishes8likeawolfDined on 7/18/2014The food was very tasty. We had clam chowder which was very flavorful. The crab ravioli is delicious. The wild salmon dish served over a bed of rice with zucchini pieces was a pleasant surprise. The crab cakes were good too, but we're too crispy on the bottom and we couldn't cut through them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantMyfavoriteDined on 7/17/2014Good service. Good Food in Nice location and good price for happy hourSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute bookingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2014Chose the restaurant as staying at the Tuscan inn, food was good as was the ambience, the star though was the waiter , Marlowe, who was witty and efficient .Special Features:
- CindyDined on 6/30/2014Food was excellent, the restaurant was very nice and accomodatingSpecial Features:
- Good food, great serviceFanclubDined on 6/6/2014Everyone enjoyed their dinner, even my very picky daughter. Their kid menu was diverse as well. The bar area was lively so we enjoyed the music from where we dined. Excellent wait staff. We are definitely going back.Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood OptionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014Within walking distance to my home. Surprisingly nice ambiance for a restaurant in the more touristy area by the wharf. It was not overcrowded and the service was extremely friendly and polite. I enjoyed my meal and there is a great bar (We just had a bottle of wine...).Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/21/2014A very solid hotel restaurant-- excellent service and food. A great spot for those staying at the Tuscan Inn or want good meal in the area! We had just gotten off a plane and were exhausted, the hospitality and food were exactly what we needed! Would go back again!
- Good for the areaChrisDined on 5/17/2014If you want to get away from the touristy areas of Fishermans' Wharf, this is a great spot. Service was excellent. Food was good. Wasn't amazing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodsfcitydinerDined on 5/15/2014The atmosphere was relaxed and overall the service was great. The seared tuna was excellent as well as the crab cakes. I will come here again the next time I'm in the city. I would recommend this place to others if they are in the area. The only negative thing was that knowing our party was going to be large, I made reservations ahead of time to ensure the restaurant could accommodate us--well, we made it to the restaurant on time but still had to wait 20-25 minutes beyond our reservation time before we were seated. The staff was great at letting us know what was happening while we were waiting, but like I said once we were seated everything went great!Special Features:
- Great experienceMarkDined on 5/10/2014Found this gem through Open Table. Great location. Appetizers and entrees were prefect. Service was great. Very attentive. Manager checked on us personally. Nice touch! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great cocktailsAlldressedupDined on 5/10/2014We came in decked out in black tie beefier going to the Art Deco preservation ball at Bimbos 365. The good was great, they even gave us a small amuse bouche for booking through open table. Great find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 292 reviews are from the Pescatore reviews archive.
- So sorry we wasted a meal hereMasv2Dined on 4/5/2014I don't understand the favorable Open Table reviews. (Check other review apps if you doubt.) Although we had a reservation, the host tried to pull two tables together right in front of the door for our party of 5. Our first request for a different table was ignored; we had to ask quite directly to be seated elsewhere before they agreed. The restaurant was not even half full. The food was the biggest disappointment. Meatballs were not cooked through and had a bone chip. The crab ravioli had a white cream sauce that was flavorless and reminded me of glue. They used the same white base for the clam chowder (also flavorless), and there was only one clam in the entire bowl. Excellent dining options abound. This is not one of them.
- Great Spot at Fisherman's WharfNapanorthVIPDined on 3/21/2014This is a great Italian restaurant, in the heart of Fisherman's Wharf. In an area that can feel overwhelmingly touristy, Pescastore feels more like a neighborhood bistro. Although it is technically attached to a hotel, it does not feel like hotel dining. The food was great, the service was very attentive. The restaurant has both a kids menu and coloring sheets to keep everyone happy. Prices are a little higher than average, but keep in mind this restaurant is located in Fisherman's Wharf area. There is a public parking lot across the street. We would recommend Pescatore to anyone looking for an upscale, neighborhood Italian bistro in the heart of Fisherman's Wharf.Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemVinnyDined on 3/20/2014Neighborhood Gem restaurant away from tourist in the heart of Fishermans Warf. Excellent food in a war romantic setting. Great environment for easy conversation without a lot of noise. Very relaxing feeling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place in a good locationDSMdinerDined on 3/17/2014We found Pescatore using the OpenTable app. We had a great experience. Food was of high quality and nicely presented. Service was okay, but not outstanding. I think they were a little understaffed at the moment we arrived, but it certainly didn't detract from our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightTastyordieDined on 2/14/2014Went here for first time recently with my girlfriend. We started the night with cocktails and the steamed mussles. Sooo tasty! We shared the apple salad and got a bottle of champagne. She had the linguine and clams which were delicate and very flavorful. I had the seabass which was flakey on the outside and fell apart in my mouth. All in all was delicious and very affordable. My only complaint would be the service was noticeably slow but I would rather have a few extra minutes then feel rushed by my server. Will defiantly be back.Special Features:
- Pretty good restaurant. WePastaloverVIPDined on 2/13/2014Pretty good restaurant. We were seated near two tables with kids, one of which cried and was not removed. So, the ambience was average and the noise level higher than we would like. But, good menu and food well-prepared. For the wharf area, it's a pretty good value.I would recommend this to a friend.
- not what I thought from yelpBeccasd01Dined on 1/15/2014Got all dressed up for nothing... ok if you just want a plain pasta dish or a pizza but, sure isn't Scoma's. I wanted something special and fancy. Don't come here if that's what you are looking for.Special Features:
- Lucky findPrincetonVIPDined on 1/15/2014Just a block away from filled-with-tourist-traps Fishermen's Wharf, this place stands out. I live close by and try to stay away from Jeffeson st. Good Italian food (I went with a friend who is second generation Italian and he agreed). I had the Apple Salad and the Chicken Parmesan. and tried one of the California pinot noirs, also very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceConnieDined on 12/27/2013I made a reservation for 8 at the last minute on a Friday for dinner with friends from out of town. The service was wonderful, and because I made the reservation via Open Table, we all got a complimentary amuse bouche of a delicious shrimp and cucumber dish. Service was fantastic, and the food was delicious, fresh seafood. I almost never order dessert, but everyone decided to order something because the dessert list looked irresistible! I would definitely recommend this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely spot for a quiet mealAliTDined on 12/14/2013Good selection to choose from. We were after seafood. We had the Halibut and Bass and both were delicious. To Note: they do have a gluten free menu. And my selection was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for Smaller GroupsALFSNVIPDined on 12/14/2013Waiter was very nice - but clearly overwhelmed. Drinks and food to the table was slow. Very slow. Only 2 cooks in the kitchen on a Friday night. A couple mistakes on orders. Use a pen and paper - but we know it's more cool to do it by memory. Dessert menu needs a refresh.
- Nice place close to the WharfcharlesgaryDined on 12/14/2013I went here for lunch with my family. It is close to Fisherman's Wharf, but away from the crowds. The interior is nice. Cloth napkins. The calamari was very, very good. We also dined on crab cakes (ok, but I'm spoiled by Maryland :) clam chowder (excellent), and pizza (also excellent).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was a good mistakeDrewDined on 11/20/2013was actually wanting to go to the place next to Gary Danko's but i was glad we ended up here instead. The server was fun and food was great.Special Features:
- sub-parFrinightDined on 11/10/2013Not great for brunch. Waiter was nice but food was not very good and over-priced.
- A REAL FIND NEAR FISHERMANS' WHARF!TneckMOMVIPDined on 11/3/2013OMG, what a lovely restaurant! The menu was varied and moderately priced, the wine list was choice, the service was terrific. My salmon was one of the best I have ever had, along with the rsotto, and my husband's sea bass was also delicious. It was a terrific find for us, we are pleased to recommend itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunSusieQDined on 10/19/2013We enjoyed our dinner. God was very good. excellent servers, they really added to evening and we had fun with them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, but overpricedLocalResidentDined on 10/18/2013The food is good, which I would expect given the previous reviews. But it is not as good as their price warrants. It was $7 to add meatballs to my spaghetti. Total price for 3 entrees, meatballs, and no drinks was $100 with tip. For that price I'd expect food that's a little more fancy/top notch. Given the competition, I'd price each dish ideally around $14-$16.Special Features:
- Some seasoning requiredzipporahVIPDined on 10/2/2013We visited Pescatore with a friend while visiting the San Francisco area. We all enjoyed our meals, but each of them was a little on the bland side, so be prepared to break out the salt and pepper. We tried the calamari for an appetizer and found the breading just a touch on the heavy side. Both my companions ordered fish (the halibut and salmon) and, with the exception of the lack of seasoning, both were good. My crab cioppino was a significant serving with an abundance of seafood - I ended up needing help to finish the entire serving. The gelato was a very nice finish to our meal - sweet, but not overpoweringly so. We were able to specify one scoop chocolate and two cinnamon (the cinnamon was delicious!)I would recommend this to a friend.
- WHAT A FINDMoogieVIPDined on 9/29/2013I found this restaurant on Open Table while searching for restaurants for a upcoming trip. Wow, what a find. The food was delicious and our waiter Marlowe was exceptional!!! He was so friendly and attentive. He bought me a diet coke because I could not decide between a soda or a drink. I chose the drink but I got both!! We even received a special appetizer treat for being "Honored Open Table Guests". That has never happened before. We will surely visit Pescatore again if we are in the San Francisco area and tell all our friends too.Special Features:
- Brunch is a pluschefspoonerVIPDined on 9/28/2013I've dined here for dinner and thought it was outstanding. Went back for brunch and to my suprise, the brunch menu was charming, the staff was polite and we have great service for 9am. The eggs were cooked perfectly and the hollandaise sauce for the crab benedict was rich and creamy with a little tang. The french toast was a bit dry for my liking but the bacon was salty and chewy and delicious. Must try their giant ham steak next time.Special Features:
- actually quite disappointinggaryVIPDined on 9/25/2013actually quite disappointing for the price range.....over-cooked fish and bland salads