Pescatore on Bala
134 Bala Avenue
Bala-Cynwyd, PA 19004Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Pescatore on Bala
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pescatorebyob.com/
- Phone: 6106609400x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Tuesday - Sunday at 5:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Thomas Anastasi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Takeout
A word from Pescatore on Bala
Pescatore specializes in Italian Cuisine with a rustic, Mediterranean flair. Pastas are made fresh each day, and all fish is caught and brought to your plate directly from the boat.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Pescatore on Bala - Best Restaurants in Bala-Cynwyd ›
Pescatore on Bala reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (84)fit for foodies (53)special occasion (43)romantic (22)good for groups (17)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Excellent!DreamerVIPDined on 8/24/2014I have dined here 3 times in the last month. Each time has been a wonderful dining experience. The menu is creative and the food is delicious!Special Features:
- Great meal in a great little spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/23/2014Had dinner prior to heading out for an evening concert. Dinner was excellent and I think it is nice to bring my own bottle of wine. Atmosphere was cozy and the service was very good as well. We'll be back again.Special Features:
- AwesomeJShultzDined on 8/21/2014I took my wife for her birthday. She loves Italian food. The rustic Italian was fantastic and the service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth going back toEatingWellAsSportDined on 8/20/2014After hearing rave reviews, we tried this neighborhood restaurant that is conveniently located in the suburbs. My husband and I enjoyed the food but did not find anything particularly remarkable about it. My husband had pasta bolognese and I had octopus salad which was very good and Branzino which was good, but not better than I could have prepared at home. It is absolutely worth trying again. And we will...Special Features:
- Anniversary QuickieAmericanDadDined on 8/19/2014Midweek dinner for anniversary. Just a quick bite on a special day. As always, Pescatore made us feel welcome and served us with a wonderful meal. The flatbread salad came heaped with crab and shrimp. The lamb shank was fall off the bone delicious and soft shell crabs were delicate and tasty. The evening was obviously a little slow and we closed the place but the staff made it feel like we could have stayed all night. This is the definition of a neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Spot!DaddyRhinoDined on 8/13/2014Had our first meal here with neighborhood friends and it was terrific. Creative and diverse menu, and Frank our waiter was knowledgeable, available but never intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/10/2014Stay with the veal, forget the crab cake. $25 3 course Specials only Sunday - ThursdaySpecial Features:
- Neighborhood1DinerVIPDined on 8/9/2014Extremely accommodating, friendly, great service. Crab Cakes, trout, meatballs, veal parm all excellent. Deserts also excellentSpecial Features:
- Well Executed ItalianCharlieVIPDined on 8/2/2014Have never had less than a good experience at Pescatore. Service is always great and the entire staff could not be nicer. 1 piece of advice: When the daily specials are recited table side, pricing is not part of the spiel. Ask what they cost, otherwise you may be in for a shock. This past visit I had the soft shells on special. They (2) were delicious, but small and nothing else really going on the plate. $30.00...ouch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good findcarelle214VIPDined on 7/30/2014We are always looking for restaurants in the Bala Cynwyd area. This is a very good one. Since is on a side street, I tend to forget about it. The food was very good And certainly would return.Special Features:
- EnjoyableJrwaringDined on 7/20/2014First time. Food was tasty. Service was exceptional- they knew their stuff and enjoyed their job! Solid experience. Will go back! Somewhat confusing as their website doesn't say they are open on Sundays, but OT let us make a reservation. They also don't look open at first arrival!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/11/2014We stumbled up Pescatore and had an amazing dinner! We brought our own wine as the restaurant in byob! Will definitely be back when we are in Philly!Special Features:
- Friendly place with great foodauntnancyVIPDined on 7/11/2014We went to Pescatore to celebrate a birthday. The service was outstanding, but the true highlight of the evening was the great food.Special Features:
- DJRjrVIPDined on 7/5/2014Excellent BYOB with plenty of good options to choose from ;Our group of 4 was completely satisfied with our selections ; The Braised beef /porcini raviolis was delicious .Ordinarily you have to make reservations weeks ahead of time but during the summer months a lot of the usual customers are away so it's a good time to takle advantage of open tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fabulous!frequentdinerVIPDined on 7/3/2014This is a regular spot for us and we have never had a bad experience. The food is always perfect. Service is exceptional. When I want Italian this is where I go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MixedJazzyDined on 7/3/2014The food was very well prepared but uninspired. Staff was very helpful and accommodating. Very noisy.Special Features:
- Lived Up To Expectations & MoreMike10QDined on 6/28/2014We had recommendations for the restaurant from several friends. We invited other friends to join us and were overwhelmed by the friendly service and great good. A must for locals and othersSpecial Features:
- EatingoutDined on 6/26/2014Everything (food,service, atmosphere) was great. Although a little more expensive than it should have been, we will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant on the main lineTucciDined on 6/26/2014This is the best restaurant on the Main Line. We basically don't go anywhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Caring ItalianCooLinDined on 6/25/2014Dined with a friend for the first time. Didn't realize it is a BYOB. The people at the next table shared their wine with us. Very attentive staff. Good, solid Italian. I had brazino and my friend had pasta. Both delicious. Would go again if in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Glad I found thistimpoozDined on 6/24/2014I needed a romantic but not-too-fancy spot for a date night. We were headed next to the Mann Music Center so the location is perfect (10 minutes max). This is just what I was looking for, and really there is nothing else comparable in the area, which has mostly fast food chains. The wife was impressed that I planned this on my own. It's BYO, so bring a bottle of red!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfulhayes86VIPDined on 6/24/2014Our meals were simply delicious! Pescatore never disappoints!!Special Features:
- Expensive, but worth itMssWDined on 6/21/2014My husband and I live in the neighborhood and finally got around to walking to Pescatore for dinner. A reservation is needed -- this place is packed on most weekend evenings. I had heard it was expensive, relatively speaking, and we found that to be true. But the food was great and fresh, so we were prepared. It was about $100 for both of us -- and remember, that's without alcohol -- and we shared the ceasar salad before our entrees. This restaurant is also small with just one major dining room. So when it's full, it's a bit loud. You can still talk and have a conversation, but as the evening got later, the lessening din was welcome.Special Features:
- airlawDined on 6/13/2014Every appetizer and entrée is great. The service is prompt and courteous and the general manager is very accommodating. This is one of the best restaurants in Philadelphia without any doubt. The pricing is appropriate.Special Features:
- Pescatore on my mind for daysNettieSNDDined on 6/8/2014The food is so delicious and the ricotta cheese cake sounds weird but tastes heavenly. I ate everything on my plate and even ate some of my friend's food...no shame. Picked up a takeout menu on the way out the door. Pescatore was on my mind for days, after my dinner. Absolutely would return and recommend to seafood lovers and non-seafood lovers alike.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice EveningJoeBDined on 6/7/2014Had a great meal and the service was just right, never feeling rushedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding RestaurantLarrydermVIPDined on 6/7/2014Always a pleasure to dine here. The menu is varied. The food is well-prepared. The service is attentive.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood gemPennValley1VIPDined on 6/7/2014A well established seafood store in the Italian Market opened Pescatore and provides the freshest seafood. We'll be back soon!Special Features:
- great time !josieDined on 6/6/2014Pescatore is always a success either for me and my friends or with the whole family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummyhayes86VIPDined on 6/6/2014I am always satisfied when I dine here!! It was truly a wonderful dinning experinceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner anywhereHurlzDined on 6/3/2014We have been to Pescatore several times and they just get better and better. It is a real local gem but as good or better than anything in Philadelphia. Their toasted flat bread with crab and lettuce is great. I had the branzino and my wife had halibut. Bith were done perfectly. The tiramisu was delicious. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific consistent and local!LizkVIPDined on 5/31/2014Pescatore is so great for anyone! The menu is varied and the food consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dvodswdvodswDined on 5/30/2014Good food, beautiful presentation,excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BbrynmawrVIPDined on 5/30/2014Solid local BYO. It would disappear if it was in the city but the burbs are bereft of good Italian so it continues to appartently thrive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/30/2014Pescatore is the best. The service is attentive and knowledgeable. The food is always tasty and imaginative. My guest had the scallops and wanted more. My soft shell crabs were cooked to perfection. Be sure to leave room for the incredible desserts and coffee.Special Features:
- always the same good foodhungryVIPDined on 5/28/2014Pescatore is one of our favorite places. It is good food with good size portions and wonderful service..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eat well and Enjoy!ExplorerDined on 5/27/2014Good food selection ... and yes, the fish is fresh and delicious. I like the small, family feel to the restaurant. Service was spectacular. Only problem: a bit noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday funnarb4foodDined on 5/23/2014A rainy Friday on a holiday weekend was brightened by the warmth & delicious fare at Pescatore!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014Excellent appetizer (Caesar salad with shrimp and crab); very good entrée, though portions are oversized; good dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A tad expensivephillydocVIPDined on 5/18/2014The prices are a bit expensive, but this is certainly offset by the restaurant being a BYOB. The pesto for the bread is excellent. The fish was done perfectly.Special Features: