150 S Broadway
Rochester, MN 55901Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pescarafresh.com/
- Phone: (507) 280-6900
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Tony Pester
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room seats up to 20 around a large table. Special menus are available.
- Private Party Contact: Amy Renken 5072806900x
A word from Pescara
Pescara invites those with an appetite for fresh, forward food to share small plates, savor fine wine and enjoy selections from sea and land. Located in the newly renovated DoubleTree Hotel in downtown Rochester, it"s the perfect place to gather for business lunches, pre-theater appetizers or romantic dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Pescara - Best Restaurants in Rochester ›
Pescara reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (66)fit for foodies (60)romantic (33)notable wine list (29)great for lunch (19)neighborhood gem (16)great for brunch (14)good for groups (14)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Outstanding dining experienceSusanDined on 11/19/2014We had dinner and 2 breakfasts in Pescara. Plates were warm, salad plates cold, food presentation was SO eye appealing! Everything we ordered was fresh, cooked to perfection and delicious. The buffet breakfast is outstanding. Excellent Rochester dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful consistent food!Stal34VIPDined on 11/11/2014If you like seafood this is THE place in Rochester. We have dined here every trip and always have an exceptional meal with great service. The Halibut with the recommended prep is outstanding. Go for the calamari and Bread pudding as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh Fish Lovers DelightHappyEatingOutDined on 11/6/2014Upon the recommendation of a friend we dined at Pescara during our Mayo Clinic visit and thoroughly enjoyed it! My husband had the wild salmon broiled (for his low-fat fasting blood work the next day) and I enjoyed the small filet. They were overly accommodating making steamed asparagus and special bread without the normal oil/butter additions. Great ambiance and wonderful service. We highly recommend this stop!Special Features:
- RyanDined on 11/2/2014Excellent brunch and the best hash browns I've had. Felt the eggs Benedict could have been better but Pescara is consistently a fabulous dining option for Rochester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BapaDined on 11/1/2014We enjoyed the time with family and friends which was enhanced by our server, Andrew, who gave comments about the wines that we brought. We were Especially pleased to learn that if he tasted the wine, there was no corkage fee.Special Features:
- Mayo visitAlaskagirlDined on 10/30/2014Conviently located in he double tree hotel. We had an 8 o'clock reservation. There were still plenty of diners for a Thursday night. Pleased to see west coast oyster on the menu. Disappointed to see farmed fish though. Reasonably priced for seafood. Non fish eaters could only choose beef as an alternative. At least the evening we went. The beet salad was amazing. Would go back. Would like to try their lunch or even brunch menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentHankhiDined on 10/24/2014We had excellent fish and scallops and the tartar was delicious. It is not cheap but worth it to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PescaraOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/22/2014Great place for lunch or dinner good service good food. Have no problems with pricesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- outstanding fish & service!DurangoFoodieDined on 10/21/2014Went there with my mother, who was having tests at Mayo....the wait staff is totally familiar with requirements for pre-procedure meals, so knew exactly what my mother could & could not have to eat! Her meal, though more bland, was fabulous! Mine was more outstanding, as I could enjoy the sauces & spicing for "normal" eating. Highly recommend this gem for all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/19/2014Best fish tacos in town! And phenomenal brunch on Sundays that has appeal for all ages and tastes!Special Features:
- Lunch date coming from MinneapolisChesterTaylorDined on 10/18/2014I stopped in for lunch and it was a nice place. Noise level was low so we easily could have a conversation while enjoying our lunch. Our server was very nice and took pride in serving us making us both feel welcome. I had the fish Taco's and I thought they were good. The price was not bad either. If I am in Rochester again I would go back, and would recommend others to go as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in RochesterBebeDined on 10/15/2014Although you might not thinK fresh fish or fine dining could be found in Rochester MN, Pescara shows that both are possible. Gourmet food but not fussy or overly inventive......no weird combinations of food piled on top of each other.......just clean, spare, fresh, beautifully prepared food is what Pescara offers. Our server was knowledgable and went out of her way to be helpful......it's the best restaurant in the Rochester area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Improved!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/13/2014The food always tasted good here but I always found it too greasy (butter, olive oil, salt, etc). They apparently have indeed listened to reviews and have taken it down a notch. While still keeping all the flavor! The food was fantastic this dinner! Service is attentive; it was a slow Monday early evening 5:00 though, so I can't speak to how it might be during a full house. Sunday brunch a few days ago was packed solid 1:30p so we had to sit at the bar. Bartender was very nice. Back to dinner--cost is high which is the only reason I wouldn't hurry back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousTallGuyVIPDined on 10/10/2014Dining in Rochester is enhanced by this very good restaurant. Tried it over two nights in October and one in September. Service was excellent. Food was generally good, with excellent halibut, swordfish with buerre blanc and coho salmon with soy glaze. The new tuna with mushrooms was inexplicably a bit soupy. Wines by the glass were great selections - although the pours and glasses need to be improved for the big city prices. Breakfast buffet seems to be where the Doubletree hotel takes over, it was very pedestrian, but cheap. Better to order off the menu - the eggs Benedict with lobster was delicious.Special Features:
- Awesome serviceWeekenderVIPDined on 10/8/2014My girlfriend and I went to Pescara for probably the seventh time. We have always been impressed by the food. This time we arrived for our 715 reservation. Unfortunately the table was not yet available. The manager came out to greet us, apologized, and provided us with free drinks while we waited. We were than seated near the bar to wait for a table and were offered appetizers as well.Andrew, our waiter, was extremely knowledgeable about wines. We had a wonderful meal and will certainly revisit Pescara in the future.Special Features:
- ExcellentChristlDined on 10/2/2014Really Fantastic food and extremely well prepared. Loved itSpecial Features:
- DeliciousNCdelDined on 10/2/2014I was in town for a conference and someone recommended this restaurant, I am so glad we chose it- my colleague and I shared the calamari, a salad, the risotto and fish and all four were delicious. The service was great and everyone was very helpful, knowledgable and enthusiastic about the food. Would highly recommend and would return if I happen to come back to Rochester.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceMaryDined on 9/29/2014An upscale restaurant, decorated in a contemporary style is a good choice for a nicer meal out in Rochester. Service is accommodating and good. Food is very good. Priced accordingly, we would recommend it if you are looking for something a little more special in Rochester.Special Features:
- Our favorite in RochesterChereVIPDined on 9/27/2014We always look forward to stays at the Doubletree. Quality hotel plus we can eat at Pescara! Reliable delicious. Yes, the prices are high, but fresh seafood in a landlocked state can't come cheap. My halibut was great, the lemon beurre blanc was outstanding. My husband's scallops were eyes-rolling-back good. Our mushroom risotto was pretty aggressively salted but still tasty. The service was, as always, prompt, courteous but not smothering. Already looking forward to the next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh seafood in Minnesota!mominiDined on 9/27/2014This was our first visit to Rochester, our first to Pescara. Our waiter was awesome, explaining everything on the menu concisely. My husband had the halibut and I had the salmon, both were impeccably prepared. We couldn't believe how fresh it tasted. The tuna tartar was the BEST we have ever had....The sides are served family style. We chose two- the servings were very generous. Next time we would probably order one. We did return for brunch on Sunday morning. The restaurant was bustling, the food pretty standard buffet brunch fare. We shared an order of oat cakes which were especially tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wanted to lick my plateGoodfoodrocksDined on 9/24/2014It was so delicious...everything was amazing. Host staff, servers, food runners, all working like a team. It was my birthday and everything was truly special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pescaraOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014food was spectacular. oysters, lobster bisque, halibut, chocolate tort. nathan was one of the best wait staff i've ever encountered. price was well worth the quality of the food.Special Features:
- Everything was lovely. . .DiscerningFoodieDined on 9/20/2014but ridiculously expensive. The Halibut was very good but it came alone on a plate for $35. The sides we ordered for our group of seven were roasted cauliflower, brussel sprouts and risotto. All were very good but additional cost. Our bill came to just under $100 per person. Nice restaurant, but not that nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014Fantastic fresh fish dishes and generous portions served. It is somewhat expensive, but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Chef's save this place!FoodieDined on 9/12/2014The service here is poor. The problem is they try to be very fancy but they are very lacking in class. You don't feel valued as a guest in any way. I found it quite annoying that the manger asked the table two feet away from us how their food was but not us. We ordered a bottle of white wine and they did not put it on ice at our table. The server acted like they were to busy for us and we were an inconvenience. These are little details. I dine quite often in Minneapolis and this place would be out of business with it's service. It is fairly expensive and you expect better. The saving grace of this place is the chef's! The food is very good. It is cooked great and tastes great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FletchDined on 9/10/2014Celebrating an aniverary. Service was outstanding and the requested flowers were there and were very nicely arranged. The main course dishes and salads were oustanding however; the desert, while I like a little saltiness with my sweets, was a bit too salty. The dishes are served ala carte, which brings the price up to the $$$$ level. The ambiance is a bit plain and I can see where more people in there could create a higher noise level. All things considered, including the price, Pescara is a great place for celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/4/2014We ate here every night while visiting the Mayo Clinic.....wonderful on all levelsSpecial Features:
- Another great lunchLocalvoreVIPDined on 9/1/2014I have been in Rochester for three weeks this trip. I have eaten here 8 times, breakfast lunch and dinner. Each and every time the food has been very good, the service excellent. Unlike 3 other places I will not return, given extremely poor service. The steak sandwich is divine, the lobster bisque stunning, the vegetarian pizza unique, all the salads delicious, there isn't enough time to try everything on the menu, but I have faith in it.Special Features:
- not quite as goodMnMgo1ngVIPDined on 8/20/2014I frequent this restaurant often when I am in town and usually do have fish especially if Halibut is offered. This time the fish was a bit overcooked and just not as good as I have had beforeSpecial Features:
- AnonymousDined on 8/19/2014Superb fresh fish from Alaska, New England, etc. Great menu, good wine list, excellent service. Great fresh veggies as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SanctuarySeventreeDined on 8/19/2014Made our stay at the Mayo for 3 days extremely pleasant The food and service was extraordinary. The word no is not in their vocabulary Andrew and Darren great waiters , fab seafoodSpecial Features:
- HalibutFrankieDined on 8/19/2014This was a great dining experience over all. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable on the menu. I ordered the halibut and Brussel sprouts on his recommendation. (As did two others that were with me.) The halibut was fresh, moist and cooked to perfection. The brussel sprouts were a huge disappointment! Not at all what we were expecting. They were blah and under cooked. The steak that one other person ordered was also very good. The Gouda hashbrowns were to die for! The bread pudding for dessert was the best ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!Eric155Dined on 8/17/2014Great place for a later dinner. Bread is amazing. I can seeyself going back many times and still be greatly satisfied trying something completely different!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Both fish dishes we ordered were fresh and filling. The server recommended a cooking sauce/preparation. The family style sides were generous and well prepared. The server was knowledgeable on the wine selections. Finally the chocolate desert was sized just for 2 and was a great way to round out the meal.Special Features:
- HwoodHwoodDined on 8/14/2014This was our third visit and couldn't have been better Food was great along w/ the service Best choice in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchLocalvoreVIPDined on 8/14/2014Once again the service was outstanding (lisa is an absolute gem) as we gathered for an annual lunch. Several of my friends looked at my steak sandwich lunch and ordered it, one proclaiming it was the best sandwich she has ever had in her life). They accommodated our staggered lunches (8 people arriving and departing at different times, all wanting to see each other as schedules permitted) this was a perfect environment to do so, excellently located and with fabulous food. And then I went back for breakfast!Special Features:
- DisappointedMmmmVIPDined on 8/10/2014Although the effort to have a high end fresh sea food in Rochester Minnesota is commendable, the lobster bisque was salty, the halibut overcooked and the brussel sprouts undercooked. Attention to the food should be equal to the service and ambiance.
- Wonderful evening!katydid304Dined on 8/7/2014We loved everything about our dining experience at Pescara. We had been to the bar (late-night) previously, and knew the ambience would be superb, but every aspect of our meal exceeded our already high expectations. We especially appreciated the warm "service with a smile". Our waiter was top-notch, and desserts compliments of the chef were a lovely personal touch for our celebration. We have made a pact to return, and often!Special Features:
- SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014We have eaten at this restaurant many times. Food is excellent, however the service this time was below par which surprised usSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Absolute seafood heaven. I had the mussels which were devine and everything was cooked to perfection. Service was excellent and very friendly with knowledgeable recommendations for the wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.