150 S Broadway
Rochester, MN 55901Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pescarafresh.com/
- Phone: 5072806900x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Tony Pester
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room seats up to 20 around a large table. Special menus are available.
- Private Party Contact: Amy Renken 5072806900x
A word from Pescara
Pescara invites those with an appetite for fresh, forward food to share small plates, savor fine wine and enjoy selections from sea and land. Located in the newly renovated DoubleTree Hotel in downtown Rochester, it"s the perfect place to gather for business lunches, pre-theater appetizers or romantic dinners.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Pescara - Best Restaurants in Rochester ›
Pescara reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (67)fit for foodies (50)romantic (33)notable wine list (23)great for lunch (16)neighborhood gem (13)great for brunch (11)hot spot (8)good for groups (8)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- The Chef's save this place!FoodieDined on 9/12/2014The service here is poor. The problem is they try to be very fancy but they are very lacking in class. You don't feel valued as a guest in any way. I found it quite annoying that the manger asked the table two feet away from us how their food was but not us. We ordered a bottle of white wine and they did not put it on ice at our table. The server acted like they were to busy for us and we were an inconvenience. These are little details. I dine quite often in Minneapolis and this place would be out of business with it's service. It is fairly expensive and you expect better. The saving grace of this place is the chef's! The food is very good. It is cooked great and tastes great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FletchDined on 9/10/2014Celebrating an aniverary. Service was outstanding and the requested flowers were there and were very nicely arranged. The main course dishes and salads were oustanding however; the desert, while I like a little saltiness with my sweets, was a bit too salty. The dishes are served ala carte, which brings the price up to the $$$$ level. The ambiance is a bit plain and I can see where more people in there could create a higher noise level. All things considered, including the price, Pescara is a great place for celebrating a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/4/2014We ate here every night while visiting the Mayo Clinic.....wonderful on all levelsSpecial Features:
- Another great lunchLocalvoreVIPDined on 9/1/2014I have been in Rochester for three weeks this trip. I have eaten here 8 times, breakfast lunch and dinner. Each and every time the food has been very good, the service excellent. Unlike 3 other places I will not return, given extremely poor service. The steak sandwich is divine, the lobster bisque stunning, the vegetarian pizza unique, all the salads delicious, there isn't enough time to try everything on the menu, but I have faith in it.Special Features:
- not quite as goodMnMgo1ngVIPDined on 8/20/2014I frequent this restaurant often when I am in town and usually do have fish especially if Halibut is offered. This time the fish was a bit overcooked and just not as good as I have had beforeSpecial Features:
- AnonymousDined on 8/19/2014Superb fresh fish from Alaska, New England, etc. Great menu, good wine list, excellent service. Great fresh veggies as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SanctuarySeventreeDined on 8/19/2014Made our stay at the Mayo for 3 days extremely pleasant The food and service was extraordinary. The word no is not in their vocabulary Andrew and Darren great waiters , fab seafoodSpecial Features:
- HalibutFrankieDined on 8/19/2014This was a great dining experience over all. Our waiter was friendly and knowledgeable on the menu. I ordered the halibut and Brussel sprouts on his recommendation. (As did two others that were with me.) The halibut was fresh, moist and cooked to perfection. The brussel sprouts were a huge disappointment! Not at all what we were expecting. They were blah and under cooked. The steak that one other person ordered was also very good. The Gouda hashbrowns were to die for! The bread pudding for dessert was the best ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!Eric155Dined on 8/17/2014Great place for a later dinner. Bread is amazing. I can seeyself going back many times and still be greatly satisfied trying something completely different!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014Both fish dishes we ordered were fresh and filling. The server recommended a cooking sauce/preparation. The family style sides were generous and well prepared. The server was knowledgeable on the wine selections. Finally the chocolate desert was sized just for 2 and was a great way to round out the meal.Special Features:
- HwoodHwoodDined on 8/14/2014This was our third visit and couldn't have been better Food was great along w/ the service Best choice in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lunchLocalvoreVIPDined on 8/14/2014Once again the service was outstanding (lisa is an absolute gem) as we gathered for an annual lunch. Several of my friends looked at my steak sandwich lunch and ordered it, one proclaiming it was the best sandwich she has ever had in her life). They accommodated our staggered lunches (8 people arriving and departing at different times, all wanting to see each other as schedules permitted) this was a perfect environment to do so, excellently located and with fabulous food. And then I went back for breakfast!Special Features:
- DisappointedMmmmVIPDined on 8/10/2014Although the effort to have a high end fresh sea food in Rochester Minnesota is commendable, the lobster bisque was salty, the halibut overcooked and the brussel sprouts undercooked. Attention to the food should be equal to the service and ambiance.
- Wonderful evening!katydid304Dined on 8/7/2014We loved everything about our dining experience at Pescara. We had been to the bar (late-night) previously, and knew the ambience would be superb, but every aspect of our meal exceeded our already high expectations. We especially appreciated the warm "service with a smile". Our waiter was top-notch, and desserts compliments of the chef were a lovely personal touch for our celebration. We have made a pact to return, and often!Special Features:
- SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/6/2014We have eaten at this restaurant many times. Food is excellent, however the service this time was below par which surprised usSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014Absolute seafood heaven. I had the mussels which were devine and everything was cooked to perfection. Service was excellent and very friendly with knowledgeable recommendations for the wines.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't beat Pescara'sAruba99VIPDined on 8/3/2014Consistently the best seafood and preparations! The oysters were fantastic...I should have just made a meal of them, but then I'd miss the Alaskan halibut in the fond blanc sauce. Sides are equally great and this time the wild mushroom risotto was perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 36-hr guaranteed freshnessOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Pescara was delicious. Pricey, but made sense since they receive their fish within 24-hr to 36-hrs from the water. I had the cioppino and my fiance had the halibut. Both were flavorful. The clams in the cioppino were cooked perfectly and melted in your mouth. Sal was a delightful waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service are topnotch.WelldoneDined on 7/30/2014The waite staff was very knowledgable of the food and drink offers that they had and did a great job of discribing the specials. The food arrived hot and empty plates did not set on the table very long. The food itself was well prepared, well presented, and very good.Special Features:
- Excellent lunchLAgingDined on 7/30/2014The shrimp tacos are always the best! Always look forward to eating ay Pescara.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Tuna EverOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/29/2014I had the best tuna I've ever had here, and all my dining companions, foodies all, were impressed and pleased. If we're in Rochester again, we will be back at Pescara. It is worth the premium price for this excellent experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/29/2014Portions very small, and overpriced, but the quality is excellent.
- Good seafood in a landlocked areaOutoftowners1Dined on 7/25/2014Took friends here for a b-day. Friendly, attentive, knowledgable waitstaff. Excellent wine list . Steak slightly overcooked but truffle demiglace made up for it. Seafood di mare touted as spicy- not so much. But a great meal overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely seafood dinnernurseyDined on 7/24/2014Great martins, fresh fish prepared just the way we liked it. Great dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was just outstandingPilotfighterDined on 7/23/2014From entering and chatting with your host it was a memorable night of exquisite dining. I began with a plate of mussels and ended with the insignia scallops. My choice of wine for the evening was the French riesling, a fine compliment to an evening of complete satisfaction.Special Features:
- A special eveningdiningduoDined on 7/23/2014Our experience started with a great table by the window, (there are no bad tables). Perfectly made G&T, and Bluefeld reisling. The menu is simple unique and flexible opportunity to craft your meal. Our wait assistant was able to provide any level of detail about the food, taste and prep... very knowledgable. For our special occasion I had "Insignia Scallops", my wife had sauteed shrimp, and we had grilled asparagus... All were fantastic. Excellent, help, guidance, accommodations and service. Then there was desert... the bread pudding with rum sauce is best we've ever had. We had a wonderful evening. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seafood at it's finest!ItalianfoodloverDined on 7/21/2014We discovered Pescara a few years ago and each time we return to Rochester we dine there. The seafood is the best and always prepared to perfection. Our server Darren was attentive and helpful and made the evening one to remember. It happens to be our wedding anniversary when when we are visiting the clinic so we choose Pescara to celebrate this special day and it never disappoints us! We will have fond memories of our special dinner until we return next time to create new ones!!Special Features:
- Rochester's top tierRyanDined on 7/19/2014Pescara is a favorite and doesn't disappoint. I love coming here for delicious oysters flown in fresh daily. They always have the best fish and the service is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and serviceTivab0Dined on 7/19/2014An amazing meal from start to finish. Seafood is fresh fresh fresh! Ordered Ciopino and New York Strip. Sides of Brussels Sprouts with crispy Pancetta and smoked Gouda hash browns. All of it was perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good service and delicious foodMadgladDined on 7/10/2014The lunch special menu is excellent and an unbelievable deal at $10! We have eaten there several times while in Rochester for Mayo ppointments. It is an upscale restaurant with excellent service and sophisticated decor. The crab cake/bisque lunch is top notch. Not a large portion/ but just right for midday. The sweet potato fries are the best anywhere. Construction outside the building makes me it a litle hard to find and blocks the windows, but you can also enter from the skyway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RivergirlDined on 7/5/2014The atmosphere at this restaurant is pleasant...once you get past the construction. Signage for the temporary entrance is terrible. Drinks were served nicely, but the wine is extremely overpriced. Salad was good and French bread was fine, but only French bread is pretty unimaginative for a classy restaurant. My entre was just bad...very overcooked halibut. It was DRY. Unbelievable for a seafood place. My husband's lobster was ok, but not the special meal he had expected. We won't return.
- Fish DryMemberVIPDined on 7/4/2014This is a seafood restaurant, yet their $35 halibut was so dry it was inedible. Thus, only a "fair" rating on food quality -- we expect much more for a restaurant billing itself as seafood. The chef was nice enough to create a vegetarian pasta, extra spicy, for us, which was outstanding. The hash browns and bread pudding were amazing, and the black bean soup was very good. The restaurant is inside the Doubletree Hotel, and would be fine except for the construction right outside the large windows. Server appeared to be a college student, so giving him a break on some minor waiter issues.
- SuperbDocRobDined on 7/3/2014Great dining at Pescara! Our first time but not our last by any means. Wonderful food. Great server. Go there.Special Features:
- Excellent lunchLAgingDined on 7/2/2014The fish taco lunch is the best!! My two lunch partners had never had them before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Absolutely the best food of any restaurant we have been to. Consistently excellent service. Amazing flavor and preparation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For Rochester, MN - 5 starsLocalsVIPDined on 6/27/2014Short version: Excellent local restaurant. Probably the best in town. Longer version: Four of us came in from out of town for a wedding and Pescara was recommended from the locals in the wedding party. Excellent - a nice pleasant surprise. Three of us had the fresh seafood, one a steak, and all were thumbs up. Nothing left on the plates and we are all not big people. The combo appetizer was very tasty. For you bread pudding lovers - leave room, it was one of the better ones we had for dessert. We travel extensively and Pescara would easily be 4.5 stars in any major city. Service from our waitress was outstanding. Yes we would go back, a nice local gem. On weekends you will need reservations.Special Features:
- Pescara is THE PLACE in RochesterSuzanneDined on 6/20/2014The restaurant scene has blown up in Rochester in the 16 years since I moved to the Twin Cities, and Pescara definitely stands out among all of the new restaurants! This was my second visit is a short time, and it is going to be hard to go anywhere else in Rochester. Both times, I had the lobster bisque, which I rarely order at restaurants because I make an awesome bisque at home. I am always disappointed with restaurant bisque, but Pescara's bisque did not disappoint and I would order it again. The salads are creative and well composed, as are the other appetizers I tasted. But above all, the fish! The fish could not have been cooked more perfectly, and the sauce choices are fabulous. I don't think you can have a bad meal here.Special Features:
- Great Father's Day brunch.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Good food, great variety, and reasonable price! The Father's Day brunch was perfect and kid friendly, which was key.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but priceyHowardDined on 6/12/2014This was a nice place. The food was good, not great. The service was excellent. Expensive for the quality. Walleye was a bit dry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!Goodfood123VIPDined on 6/11/2014We had an excellent lunch, with great meals off their $10 lunch menu. Just perfect size and price. Everything was delicious -- crab cake and lobster bisque, walleye sandwich, ceasar salad with chicken. Great appetizers too -- hummos is excellent. We enjoyed it all!Special Features: