Pesca World Seafood Restaurant
2015 W. Gray
Houston, TX 77019Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Pesca World Seafood Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://pescaseafoodrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7135221330
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner: Monday: Closed Tuesday-Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm. Sunday: Brunch 11-3 pm open till 9 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Alberto Alfonzo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We cater to private house parties, graduations,and special events etc.
We also have a private room for up to 50 people.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer areas of the restaurant that can be sectioned off for private events.
- Private Party Contact: David Head or Alberto Alfonzo 713-522-1330
- Entertainment: Check out website pescaseafoodrestaurant.com for entertainment information
A word from Pesca World Seafood Restaurant
Pesca World Seafood restaurant offers fresh fish and seasonal fish creating dishes from all over the world including: Spain, Asia, Peru, Coastal U.S.A. and the Caribbean. We also offer a wide range of wines that can be purchased retail. Pesca is the only seafood restaurant in Houston where you can enjoy fresh fish depicted in different regional and international dishes. We have a great patio where you can sip on delicious wines .Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pesca World Seafood Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- The food was not very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/29/2013The food was not very good. We were hoping for excellent seafood given the name, but we were really disappointed.
- Neat different approach aolderguyjohnVIPDined on 3/29/2013Neat different approach a "tapas plus" with wines to match. Service was polite, friendly and timely but not fully informed about wines on the list and still a little green but willing. Food was well presented and only dish that came up relatively short was a too thick sweet plantain with two small shrimp dubbed "Cuban Scampi". Everything else was excellent with the new approach Caesar and the snapper crudo merited a return visit on their own. We'll be back.Special Features:
- I went with some friends forTruVietBabeDined on 3/22/2013I went with some friends for a Friday lunch, and the place was practically empty, except for one other table. So for the service to be so slow and inattentive, that's definitely a turn off. The food was bland and ordinary. It wasn't worth the time or money so we will not be coming back.
- Extremely disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/16/2013The first thing I noticed going into the restaurant was that it was quiet and that we could have a nice conversation over dinner. Everything was great until the food was served. We shared the tuna which was overcooked and stringy. I would say that it was probably the worst tuna I have been served in a restaurant including chains. Well prepared tuna served rare should almost melt in your mouth rather than being chewy. A very bland and disappointing meal. I do not recommend nor will I be back.
- There is a terrible odor inbdugVIPDined on 3/16/2013There is a terrible odor in that restaurant which made the food less appetizing.Special Features:
- Miss some of the tapas anddguetVIPDined on 3/15/2013Miss some of the tapas and wine selections from the previous Tintos, but the seafood selection is good and love the upscale interior. Food has always been good, but occassionally a few fish dishes seem a little over-cooked. This is rare though and always have an enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- The Skate Was Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/12/2013Pesca is a gem of find, nestled back of the River Oaks Shopping Center, just around the corner from River Oaks Landmark Theatre @ West Gray & Shepherd. Our appetizer was a unique treat--skate wing with wild mushroom risotto and black truffle--a first for us and our guests, and fantastic! We enjoyed the notworthy Portuguese Seafood Stew and the rich Shrimp Bisque (-and loved its ricota/crab dumpling surpise!) The Red Snapper Pesca with crabmeat & mushroom cream was excellent, and a tasty saute spinach side was perfect! We enjoyed 3 fine parings from the extensive wine list. Don't leave without trying the special Flan. Chef Alberto never fails to surprise and delight our palates! Thank you, Pesca, for a lovely evening!Special Features:
- We preferred it when it wasPeteDined on 3/4/2013We preferred it when it was a tapas restaurant. On last Monday there were only 2 tables of customers. I am afraid it won't make it.
- Not Going BackOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2013The appetizer of clams and mussels was very good, as was the bread that came at the start of the meal. The entrees, however, were not very good. I had the tuna, which was tough and hard to cut. The menu said "seared" and it just a little browned, not at all like I've had at other restaurants. My husband's snapper was rather mediocre. We ordered dessert, which was written up as puff pastry with caramel in between. It was more like dry baklava - difficult to cut and dry. The menu said dessert prices were $8 and when the bill came, it was charged as $9. The prices were much too high on everything to be any kind of value. We won't be going back.
- Pesca replaces Tinto -- whichOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/24/2013Pesca replaces Tinto -- which was the best tapas restaurant in Houston. I was not anxious to see Tinto go, and was thus apprehensive about Pesca, but the food retains the same remarkable quality. The new ambience is a bit more formal. I intend to go again.Special Features:
- This seafood restaurant wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2013This seafood restaurant was previously a Spanish tapas place. It now offers notable seafood dishes with some international influences. The service is attentive and knowledgeable and the food is very good . The menu offers a variety of seafood dishes and appetizers.Special Features:
- the food was not worth whatrugra992Dined on 2/15/2013the food was not worth what i paid for and the service was not up to par fo the level of service being promised at the restaurant.
- Service was a standout, theunkycarlDined on 2/15/2013Service was a standout, the food excellenty prepared, the wine a perfect match for the food ordered.Special Features:
- very pleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013We had Valentines' Day dinner at Pesca and enjoyed our experience. The food was excellent and fresh. The fried oyster appetizer came out hot to the table, and a red snapper entree perfectly prepared. The Sonoma Chardonay recommended by the waiter was perfect and a good value. Thank you for a great meal.Special Features:
- Borders Very Good soon ExcellentCarberaDined on 2/14/2013We went on Valentine's Day - 6pm reservations...easily seated. Not crowded which concerned me regarding product...but elated me because it created a quiet, peaceful setting. Chef was flexible with Menu vs Special Valentine's Menu; likely because not crowded. But that served our purposes very nicely. Marked Good for the food but it easily bordered Very Good and could achieve Excellent w/slight modifications. Good Service but lacked detailed knowledge...however, they did obtain answers when uncertain about things. They were attentive at times and dissappeared at other times; such inconsistent service is all too common today. I believe once business increases, better waiters will be hired (waiters need to be busy for tips). All-in THUMBS UP!Special Features:
- good food, great servicepoet1manDined on 2/13/2013Food as good, but did not knock my socks off. Server was fantastic and made the experience a great one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant was over pricedLekayDined on 2/9/2013Restaurant was over priced for the quality of food.The reason for the special occasion rating. Service was good and the food was just ok, nothing special compared with all Houston has to offer. We went for dinner, perhaps lunch would be a better deal.Special Features:
- The inside is unchanged fromOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/2/2013The inside is unchanged from when it was Tinto's. The food food was very tastySpecial Features:
- If you love fish, this isOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/2/2013If you love fish, this is a great place to go, although there are limited non-fish dinners. Good quality yet pricey. Lunch atmosphere is slow.Special Features:
- There were 6 of us. A fewOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2013There were 6 of us. A few of us had good food, but the rest said their's was dry, not good. The appetizers were very good. The entrees not as good. The wines were very good also.Special Features:
- Soft taco appetizers wereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/26/2013Soft taco appetizers were excellent. Then we waited 30 minutes for her salad and my soup. When they finally arrived, they also brought the main course! So, by the time we finished our soup and salad, the main course was cold. I gave the service 2 stars only because waiter was a nice guy, the kitchen was the obvious problem. Oh, soup and salad were mediocre, entree was good and would have been great if it had been served properly.
- had a very nice evening withamsmithVIPDined on 1/25/2013had a very nice evening with a friend from out of town; cocktails, wine, and food were fantastic, and the staff paid attention to my request to be in a quiet corner, so it was a great place to talk and catch upSpecial Features:
- We waited quite a while forTBAcVIPDined on 1/19/2013We waited quite a while for initial service so they comped our first glass of wine-very nice. Appetizers were great! Pad Tai not so great and flounder was a bit dry. Wine list was a bit blah for my personal taste - but that may just be me. Shrimp bisque - yummy!
- Tintos Tapas to Pesca World SeafoodJandKDined on 1/6/2013Tintos Spanish Tapas Bar is now Pesca World Seafood Restaurant! We made a reservation at Tintos on Thurs for the following Sun nite. On Sun AM, we got a call explaining that the menu had changed. My friend could barely hear the caller so he's not sure if she said that the place had changed names and concepts entirely, but that's what we found on Sun. Not a Spanish tapas place, but a seafood restaurant. Since I never ate at Tintos, I can't say how they compare. I will say that the food was delicious. We had the pretzel crab cakes, black rice risotto (yum!), and lobster ravioli. The only bad thing was that wine was only available by the glass, not by the bottle. Considering the wine displays all around the restaurant, that was annoying.Special Features:
- We were one of two customersOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/27/2012We were one of two customers dining during lunch at Tinto's. I hope Pesca makes its.
- Dead restaurant, parking lotTcpeteVIPDined on 12/26/2012Dead restaurant, parking lot was dark, service was just ok.
- Best tapasMackieDined on 12/21/2012Tintos has fabulous food. We went for our 21st. anniversary and had the greatest time. The food was superb. We got to know the very genial guitar player that they have circulating the dining area and that just added to our overall experience.Special Features:
- We always enjoy Tinto's soOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/16/2012We always enjoy Tinto's so much. It is so relaxed. It is our favorite tapas place in Houston.Special Features:
- The salad I ordered was missingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/9/2012The salad I ordered was missing several of the main ingredients listed on the menu, and the mussels were sparse to put it mildly -- they were also less than fresh. I won't be back, and judging by how empty the dining room is, most other people aren't going back either. It's too bad because it is a nice space and it's in a good location. The wait staff were very good too - they really need to get their act together in the kitchen.
- The service was very slow.DingdongDined on 11/28/2012The service was very slow. Although the restaurant was empty, it took a long time for the server to even get our orders. The food was not very tasty. The shrimp was just soaked in butter and the vegetable paella was not flavorful. The crab cakes were very good though.Special Features:
- The food was beyond amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2012The food was beyond amazing! It was very fresh. The outdoor patio was beautiful. However, I have a couple complaints. We made reservations for lunch at 11am, but the "open" sign was not on when we arrived, so we had no idea whether the restaurant was actually open. When we walked in, there was no one to greet us, so we wondered whether or not we had come too early. Also, our waiter did not seem to have a good grasp of the menu, but he provided good service otherwise.Special Features:
- My third or fourth visit andunkycarlDined on 10/27/2012My third or fourth visit and I will be going back for lunch and dinner. A fine eating experience.Special Features:
- Go to Tinto's!HTownFoodNerdVIPDined on 9/28/2012I have already recommended Tinto's. Tinto's was awesome! The restaurant itself was so warm and inviting. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful. The wine list was fantastic and they will even sell the wine retail if you happen to stop in and need to get a hard to find bottle. The tapas were amazing. They were somewhat larger than what I am accustomed to so keep that in mind when ordering, unless you like leftovers. The Empanadillas de Carne were my favorite and the avocado chimichurri they serve with it is almost drinkable. Bottom line: go to Tinto's. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- I WOULD RECOMMEND TINTOS FOROpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2012I WOULD RECOMMEND TINTOS FOR THOSE WHO ARE SEEKING FOR A NICE LOOKING PLACE, WITH GOOD SOFT MUSIC, TO RELAX AND TALK. THE FOOD IS NOT WHAT I EXPECTED; IT LACKS FLAVOR AND RIGHT TEXTURE. THE BEEF SKEWERS WERE NOT GOOD AT ALL(TOO DRY).Special Features:
- very slow service, did notOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012very slow service, did not care if we are there or not. Will not go back and will not recommend this place.
- On one of the first "cool"texwinegirlDined on 9/19/2012On one of the first "cool" and low humidity evenings, my party of four enjoyed the patio along with the weather, food, and wine. We are going to Spain in two weeks and this was a great way to whet our appetites for all the tapas that we will be enjoying there !Special Features:
- I had lunch there this week,mumbritVIPDined on 9/12/2012I had lunch there this week, and received excellent service. The waiter even had the kitchen make an item that is usually only available on the dinner menu which was above and beyond. Extremely good food as always, although very quiet at the time we were there (only 4 other customers).
- Great dining experience!HFMRamDined on 9/7/2012We have been to Tinto's several times and the food and wine have always been terrific. Love their veggie paella! On good weather days, the outdoor seating has a real nice ambiance for romantic or special occasions. Occasionally, our waiter has been very business like and has made our experience a little less special. That's been the only negative experience. One of our favorite night out is dinner at Tinto's followed by a movie at the River Oaks theater next door.Special Features:
- We got to the bar about 5islandgirlDined on 9/7/2012We got to the bar about 5 minutes before happy hour ended. At first the bartender didn't acknowledge us eventhough we sat down right in front of him. After 5 minutes he came back and took our order. He kept checking back to see if everything was ok and if we needed anything else. Service was great afterwards. After half hour we went to the dining room for dinner (had reservation). For a Friday night, it wasn't packed. The service was attentive. Portion was moderate. We like the Barcelona mussels and Fritura de Mariscos. The crowd was mainly early thirties, middle-age and older. Don't come here if you are looking for active, rowdy bar scene. Overall the atmosphere and noise level were good for us and we could hear ourselves talking.Special Features:
- Very good music and greatRobandrolDined on 9/1/2012Very good music and great food. Ideal for an informal date, or a group conversation.Special Features: