17040 N. Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85255Neighborhood:
PersianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://persianroom.com/
- Phone: (480) 614-1414
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everday starting at 11:00am Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: until 9:30, Friday & Saturday: until 10:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Persian, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Nasser Nikkhahmanesh and Foad Borhani
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer wide range of packages for small and large parties. delivery and set up servers can be arranges upon request.
- Private Party Facilities: Our banquet room can hold up to 75 guests. Parties will be held private and we offer different packages depending on the event.For more information please call us directly so we can better serve you with your requests.
- Private Party Contact: Nasser 4806141414
- Entertainment: Entertainment is available upon request for private parties
A word from Persian Room
Experience the most exotic dining atmosphere Scottsdale has to offer. Ornate chandeliers, finely caved pillars, and delicate water fountains complement the inspiring menu of beef,chicken, lamb and variety of vegetarian dishes. Fresh homemade clay oven bread and basil begins your feast, followed by 30 unmistakable entrees fit for ancient Persian royalty. Join us for happy hour Tuesday through Friday, 4-8 pm as we give away the best hummus in the Valley for free, and reduce prices on our wine, beer and expert cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Persian Room reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (28)good for groups (28)special occasion (22)neighborhood gem (22)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (9)romantic (9)hot spot (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Always a favorite!ShirleeDined on 11/16/2014We come to Scottsdale once a year and never fail to eat at the Persian Room. The food is consistently good and very fresh. This time we shared the hummus and a Persian platter. Excellent! Only complaint - too much food!!!Special Features:
- excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/15/2014Excellent Persian food served by really friendly staff. The sampler platters are huge so you can easily feed four with platters for 2. Don't miss the appetizer sampler served with home made breads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/11/2014I took a group of 10 there and the food was fabulous. Everything we ordered was fresh and well cooked. Portions were huge and we had a lot left over. Always go here when in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- knisicalDined on 11/8/2014Great food. Decent service. Glad I made a reservation, Saturday night was really busy, even at 9PM!Special Features:
- A gem of a restaurantScarlettDined on 10/30/2014This restaurant has been around for a long time and now I understand why. The food and service is outstanding. Portion size is large and the Persian menu selections were extensive. The waiter was very helpful explaining the different menu items and was accommodating with some substitutions. The meal started out with warm, tasty pitas and continued with our entrees and ended with a Persian baklava and homemade ice cream. We would definitely return as we enjoyed our evening there very much.Special Features:
- Fun place and great food!desertgspgalDined on 10/17/2014Birthday dinner was so much fun. The food is tasty and ample. Try as many different kinds of rice as you can. We all enjoyed sharing our various kebabs and other food among ourselves. Our waiter was knowledgeable and friendly.Special Features:
- Won't Be BackMikey0542VIPDined on 10/11/2014Finally made it to the Persian Room after wanting to go there for quite some time. What a disappointment! The service was nearly non-existent - it took 30 minutes for the server to bring water. The food, although edible, is nothing special, certainly not worth the trip for so/so food and abysmal service. Will never go back.Special Features:
- First visitPaulklaDined on 10/7/2014Loved the restaurant. Will definitely be back, food and service were excellent,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent diningyum1Dined on 10/1/2014excellent food, bread with basil and butter is wonderful. Service is very good, menu excellent choices. We usually have the Taste Of Persia platter which easily feeds 4 -5 people when you add a greek salad. Staff is very willing to make substitutions for items.Special Features:
- FunFergieDined on 9/27/2014Loved the experience good food xxxxxxxxxxxxxooooooooooooI would recommend this to a friend.
- poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Not because the wait staff were not capable, but the management seem to not be in charge of the food or the floor! OVERBOOKED, UNDERSTAFFED, CHAIRS IN BAD NEED OF UPHOLSTERY, THIS PLACE HAS GONE DOWN HILL! I was a restauranteur for 19 years, trust me I know a thing or two about overbooked and understaffed situations! but I sensed no true caring spirit of the management (if there were any!) because I was never approached and asked about my experience by any. Then again, our online reservation was not tagged as an anniversary which one would hope to have seen acted on by the service staff.Special Features:
- NoisyNoisy4usDined on 9/13/2014Food good. Portions very large. Great "bread". But noise level was so high, it was hard to converse.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining experience!!WonderfulDined on 9/6/2014This was our first time at the Persian Room. We were amazed with the ambiance when we walked in the door. We were greeted immediatly and seated. The reservation was a help! Our waiter came and greeted us and took drink order. Our waiter Jason was very knowledable of the menu and offer suggetions to us on our dinner selections. The food was amazing!! Huge portions. Wonderful flavor!! We will be Back and recommend too!!Special Features:
- DinnerLLLDDined on 8/24/2014We came for a birthday celebration. Food was good, some plates got mixed up but waitress was nice about it. Only complaint was very noisey in restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Becoming a favorite of oursboumoniisabelVIPDined on 8/13/2014Food is high quality, generously portioned and just a little different than everyday!Special Features:
- very nicedancerrsDined on 8/7/2014great prices food is excellent service is outstanding you will want to always go back!Special Features:
- Delicious and lively.AnyaDined on 7/26/2014Great for absolutely anyone, even the pickiest of eaters. Fresh and pure food, as in, not cluttered with preservatives or sauces and pastes. Got very lively later in the evening with large groups of Persian families. Great to see that they are patrons, what better compliment to the restaurant! Staff was pleasant and knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 302 reviews are from the Persian Room reviews archive.
- Always a delightARScottsdaleVIPDined on 7/23/2014Always a delicious meal with great portions. The kabobs and lamb shank was sooooo good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCdkleimanDined on 7/12/2014We have always been very satisfied after leaving The Persian Room. Every meal and drink that we have ever had, for the past 5 years, has been wonderful! I recommend it for dinner anytime!Special Features:
- great food, wait staff needs help.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014The wait staff is unknowledgeable about the food and the menu. It is not uncommon to wait 10 minutes or more for a waiter, The table assignment system they use must not with very well. With that said add long as you like water and bread your good because they use a romer to keep water and bread on the tables. They might be better off having the romers take the drink orders, if the waiters can't get to the table for whatever reason. Notwithstanding the horrible waiters the food is great and well prepared. The place is clean and looks as you would like a Persian place to look.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Restaurant with Decent FoodRoseAnnDined on 7/8/2014We decided to celebrate my husband's birthday there with our adult daughter. We sat on the upper floor to take advantage of happy hour. The room was completely empty. We ordered a appetizer platter with salad, hummus, yogurt sauce, grape leaves, pita and some other things. It was delicious. My husband and daughter split a plentiful main entree of chicken, lamb, beef and rice and I ordered a vegetable platter with rice. Their dish was quite good and flavorful. Mine was good, but charred. As we were finishing our dinner a large group of approximately 16 people sat down next to us. The waitress continued to provide us great service. Decor was opulent, old, worn and tired. Good for travelers who do not want to travel far to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/6/2014We always have a good experience at the Persian Room. Formal enough to be classy yet friendly enough to feel casual. The food is always great of course. The portions are typically so large that leftovers are almost a guarantee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food needs some restorationGourmetDined on 7/4/2014Great food and great portions. The ambiance is great but the physical chairs and tables are looking very worn and uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good first timePaladin1940foodieDined on 7/2/2014We visited the Persian Room for the first time and were impressed. It is a nice, med-high end restaurant, great décor, easy to find. The food was good and plentiful, but I am not rating it great at this point, as they were simple dishes. The beef kabob (barg) and the lamb kabob, both wit rice. The desert was VERY good, but very rich. We will go back and will order different items to check the flavors.Special Features:
- Great ResturantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014The food was delicious. There were 4 of us and each had something different and all where incredible. The service was pleasant, friendly and very helpful. We have taken several other couples there and each time have had a wonderful experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodtwoodDined on 6/25/2014I went with my family & we had a wonderful time. The food was delicious. The service is a little more 'laid back', but friendly nonetheless. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoriteslove2travel2gtherVIPDined on 6/6/2014We have been going to the Persian Room for many years now and have always enjoyed our dining experiences there. This last visit was no different. Great food and great service are always what we get. We will look forward to our next visit to the Persian Room.Special Features:
- Excellent middle easternsoutherncuisineDined on 5/31/2014the food here is some of the best ethnic Middle Eastern in the valley. Not to mention the price point is fantastic considering you receive huge portions of food. service is always on the spot. it's great for meat eaters and vegetarians alike. the facility itself is very classic and elegant without the snobbery.Special Features:
- Mediterranean at it's BestMediterranean1Dined on 5/25/2014Very good and authentic Mediterranean cuisine. The choices are good by meat choice or vegetarian, Excellent Chicken and Lamb. Hummus is always fresh. Very good rice and great choice of add ins.Special Features:
- Love itYulesVIPDined on 5/24/2014Very authentic excellent persian food! I wish the owner will consider to open branch in Tucson. Moderate in price and large portion! Great for any taste!Special Features:
- If you like Persian foodBobtheBuilderDined on 5/21/2014This is the place to go in the Phoenix area. A good variety and very well doneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Not as Good as the FoodPrescottGirlDined on 5/17/2014The food was good and ample. We ordered an appetizer platter that never came, had to have it taken off the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great celebrationfogelchenDined on 5/17/2014We celebrated my birthday with our family. The service was as always outstanding, food delicious and in time. We love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Mother's Day experienceFoodieDined on 5/11/2014Great food. Super fast service. Have been there many times. Will be backSpecial Features:
- Simply superb!!JoeFromNYDined on 5/10/2014Excellent all around, as usual. Ease of reservation, speed of seating, waiter efficiency, and of course the FOOD!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Qualityluv2eatDined on 5/9/2014Have had many of the dishes before but their koobideh is fantastic and moist. Must order the yogurt and cucumber dip with the meal as it adds that special something to the flavors. Their bread is excellent as well. Very large helpings so if you plan on dessert you had better pace yourself and will most likely be taking some food home.Special Features:
- Will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Everyone in our group of 11 said they plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always 100.RoginaVIPDined on 5/1/2014I recommend this restaurant to everyone! The food is always really yum and Mike is the best server ever! He always makes sure you have all you needs and wants! Very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PattiVIPDined on 5/1/2014Delicious lunch at the Persian Room!!Had a great belated birthday lunch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good persian food.ManhattangirlVIPDined on 4/24/2014We enjoyed this restaurant. The service was very attentive and the portions were huge. Our only complaint is that chairs need to be replaced. They were very uncomfortable.Special Features: