17040 N. Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85255Neighborhood:
PersianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://persianroom.com/
- Phone: 4806141414
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Everday starting at 11:00am Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: until 9:30, Friday & Saturday: until 10:30
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Persian, Middle Eastern
- Executive Chef: Nasser Nikkhahmanesh and Foad Borhani
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer wide range of packages for small and large parties. delivery and set up servers can be arranges upon request.
- Private Party Facilities: Our banquet room can hold up to 75 guests. Parties will be held private and we offer different packages depending on the event.For more information please call us directly so we can better serve you with your requests.
- Private Party Contact: Nasser 4806141414
- Entertainment: Entertainment is available upon request for private parties
A word from Persian Room
Experience the most exotic dining atmosphere Scottsdale has to offer. Ornate chandeliers, finely caved pillars, and delicate water fountains complement the inspiring menu of beef,chicken, lamb and variety of vegetarian dishes. Fresh homemade clay oven bread and basil begins your feast, followed by 30 unmistakable entrees fit for ancient Persian royalty. Join us for happy hour Tuesday through Friday, 4-8 pm as we give away the best hummus in the Valley for free, and reduce prices on our wine, beer and expert cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Persian Room reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (35)good for groups (32)fit for foodies (24)romantic (19)kid-friendly (14)great for lunch (13)neighborhood gem (12)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- Becoming a favorite of oursboumoniisabelVIPDined on 8/13/2014Food is high quality, generously portioned and just a little different than everyday!Special Features:
- very nicedancerrsDined on 8/7/2014great prices food is excellent service is outstanding you will want to always go back!Special Features:
- Delicious and lively.AnyaDined on 7/26/2014Great for absolutely anyone, even the pickiest of eaters. Fresh and pure food, as in, not cluttered with preservatives or sauces and pastes. Got very lively later in the evening with large groups of Persian families. Great to see that they are patrons, what better compliment to the restaurant! Staff was pleasant and knowledgable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a delightARScottsdaleVIPDined on 7/23/2014Always a delicious meal with great portions. The kabobs and lamb shank was sooooo good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentCdkleimanDined on 7/12/2014We have always been very satisfied after leaving The Persian Room. Every meal and drink that we have ever had, for the past 5 years, has been wonderful! I recommend it for dinner anytime!Special Features:
- great food, wait staff needs help.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014The wait staff is unknowledgeable about the food and the menu. It is not uncommon to wait 10 minutes or more for a waiter, The table assignment system they use must not with very well. With that said add long as you like water and bread your good because they use a romer to keep water and bread on the tables. They might be better off having the romers take the drink orders, if the waiters can't get to the table for whatever reason. Notwithstanding the horrible waiters the food is great and well prepared. The place is clean and looks as you would like a Persian place to look.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Restaurant with Decent FoodRoseAnnDined on 7/8/2014We decided to celebrate my husband's birthday there with our adult daughter. We sat on the upper floor to take advantage of happy hour. The room was completely empty. We ordered a appetizer platter with salad, hummus, yogurt sauce, grape leaves, pita and some other things. It was delicious. My husband and daughter split a plentiful main entree of chicken, lamb, beef and rice and I ordered a vegetable platter with rice. Their dish was quite good and flavorful. Mine was good, but charred. As we were finishing our dinner a large group of approximately 16 people sat down next to us. The waitress continued to provide us great service. Decor was opulent, old, worn and tired. Good for travelers who do not want to travel far to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/6/2014We always have a good experience at the Persian Room. Formal enough to be classy yet friendly enough to feel casual. The food is always great of course. The portions are typically so large that leftovers are almost a guarantee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food needs some restorationGourmetDined on 7/4/2014Great food and great portions. The ambiance is great but the physical chairs and tables are looking very worn and uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good first timePaladin1940foodieDined on 7/2/2014We visited the Persian Room for the first time and were impressed. It is a nice, med-high end restaurant, great décor, easy to find. The food was good and plentiful, but I am not rating it great at this point, as they were simple dishes. The beef kabob (barg) and the lamb kabob, both wit rice. The desert was VERY good, but very rich. We will go back and will order different items to check the flavors.Special Features:
- Great ResturantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014The food was delicious. There were 4 of us and each had something different and all where incredible. The service was pleasant, friendly and very helpful. We have taken several other couples there and each time have had a wonderful experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodtwoodDined on 6/25/2014I went with my family & we had a wonderful time. The food was delicious. The service is a little more 'laid back', but friendly nonetheless. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoriteslove2travel2gtherVIPDined on 6/6/2014We have been going to the Persian Room for many years now and have always enjoyed our dining experiences there. This last visit was no different. Great food and great service are always what we get. We will look forward to our next visit to the Persian Room.Special Features:
- Excellent middle easternsoutherncuisineDined on 5/31/2014the food here is some of the best ethnic Middle Eastern in the valley. Not to mention the price point is fantastic considering you receive huge portions of food. service is always on the spot. it's great for meat eaters and vegetarians alike. the facility itself is very classic and elegant without the snobbery.Special Features:
- Mediterranean at it's BestMediterranean1Dined on 5/25/2014Very good and authentic Mediterranean cuisine. The choices are good by meat choice or vegetarian, Excellent Chicken and Lamb. Hummus is always fresh. Very good rice and great choice of add ins.Special Features:
- Love itYulesVIPDined on 5/24/2014Very authentic excellent persian food! I wish the owner will consider to open branch in Tucson. Moderate in price and large portion! Great for any taste!Special Features:
- If you like Persian foodBobtheBuilderDined on 5/21/2014This is the place to go in the Phoenix area. A good variety and very well doneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service Not as Good as the FoodPrescottGirlDined on 5/17/2014The food was good and ample. We ordered an appetizer platter that never came, had to have it taken off the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great celebrationfogelchenDined on 5/17/2014We celebrated my birthday with our family. The service was as always outstanding, food delicious and in time. We love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Mother's Day experienceFoodieDined on 5/11/2014Great food. Super fast service. Have been there many times. Will be backSpecial Features:
- Simply superb!!JoeFromNYDined on 5/10/2014Excellent all around, as usual. Ease of reservation, speed of seating, waiter efficiency, and of course the FOOD!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Qualityluv2eatDined on 5/9/2014Have had many of the dishes before but their koobideh is fantastic and moist. Must order the yogurt and cucumber dip with the meal as it adds that special something to the flavors. Their bread is excellent as well. Very large helpings so if you plan on dessert you had better pace yourself and will most likely be taking some food home.Special Features:
- Will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014Everyone in our group of 11 said they plan to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is always 100.RoginaDined on 5/1/2014I recommend this restaurant to everyone! The food is always really yum and Mike is the best server ever! He always makes sure you have all you needs and wants! Very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PattiVIPDined on 5/1/2014Delicious lunch at the Persian Room!!Had a great belated birthday lunch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good persian food.ManhattangirlDined on 4/24/2014We enjoyed this restaurant. The service was very attentive and the portions were huge. Our only complaint is that chairs need to be replaced. They were very uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Food to enjoy, ambience to hope forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014I hoped to find a unique restaurant to enjoy for my birthday celebration. This place delivered delicious food with plenty of taste to brag about. Every appetizer on the mini platter was fit for a king. My entree and the tastes I enjoyed from my friends plates were well seasoned, and the entree portions were adequate. If I could hypercritique anything it would be bigger portions on some items such as the dolmei, and meat. The rice amount was probably more than necessary to fill the plate. Our server was polite but probably a bit less attentive than I prefer. I noticed several areas of the restaurant in need of repair, the outdoor fountain, areas on the walls were exposed and needed repair. Every area appeared clean, but antiquated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 278 reviews are from the Persian Room reviews archive.
- When visiting ScottsdaleAbsmomVIPDined on 4/21/2014We discovered the Persian Room the last time we were in Scottsdale and love their food. We ate there again on a recent trip and they will be a "must" on all future trips to the area.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/20/2014Good Lamb and Chicken Filet. The environment is a bit hectic. Hard to have a quiet conversation with my date. Service could have been a little better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Persian RoomNancyDined on 4/19/2014The experience my family and I had on April 19th 2014 was exceptional - the wait staff was very attentive and the food was deliciously prepared and attractively presented! This was the first visit for my son (a culinary student at ACI) and he was very impressed by the attentiveness of the wait staff and the presentation of the food itself. Kudos to your restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Persian GemASUgradDined on 4/14/2014A true dining adventure; we'll be back. Many Iranian(?) families with well-behaved young children were clearly enjoying the large platters of food. The great variety and the size of the portions makes the Persian Room ideal for families and groups. Fresh basil, cilantro and sweet onion wrapped in fresh-baked Naan was a unique opener. We started with the Tah Dig appetizer; large enough for two. We enjoyed the crispy rice Tah Dig but did not care for the unique taste of the dried limes in both the two stew toppings. The waiter immediately replaced the dish with wonderful hummus. We then shared chicken barg with zereshk polo rice; very good, followed by a baklava with Persian ice cream, and Turkish (Greek) coffee. All excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not impressiveeatnlive2nightDined on 4/13/2014Unfortunately, our server did not go out of his way, since our group was large enough to pay the mandatory gratuity. After initially filling our wine glasses, we were on our own. As far as the entrees were concerned, results were mixed. The Barg, which was quite tender, was void of all flavor, apparently lacking salt and pepper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent choucenicky1Dined on 3/27/2014i had my friends visiting from new york and went there and didnt know what to get but they knew exactly what to give us great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentEnjoysrestaurantsDined on 3/26/2014We eat here several times a year and it is always wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer service not top of mind -TaviDined on 3/23/2014Our expereince was appalling. During dinner service a server starting cleaning the floor with a carpet sweeper. He was not cleaning up a spill but the rather the entire dining room. He even moved a chair at a table with diners at it to clean underneath. We spoke to the manager about how inappropriate/disruptive it was. No apology but rather we were asked if we wanted a clean floor. He then proceeded to tell us we were obviously used to other types of restaurants. Dcn't pretend to be a fine dining room when you allow in customers with flip flops and shorts and have the staff cleaning during dinner service. I think they need a lesson in customer service and maybe put in a drive through as that what the atmosphere ended up being.....
- Persian LoveAnthemBirdyDined on 3/20/2014Went to the Persian Room for the first time and had a lovely leisurely dinner. Started with the appetizer combo which is yummy. They put their wonderful thin pita on the table with onion, fresh herbs and butter. Wasn't sure how to eat this, so asked our waitress who encouraged us to butter our pita and put the condiments in it and pop it in our mouths. So we did, and I can't believe how good a raw onion can taste when paired with the herbs and butter! The main course is served with plenty of rice. We had them downsize the rice and fill in with a cucumber and tomato salad. The atmosphere was lively and the server knowledgeable and friendly. Took some time for the entrees to come out, but we were having a good time and did not care. Just go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great menupaulDined on 3/15/2014Best middle eastern menu in the valley. Have had better service in the past but from what I gathered, our waitress was having a bad night. The other staff seemed aware and I'm sure it'll be a one time thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ExcellentJoeFromNYDined on 3/14/2014One of our favorite restaurants in NY was a place called The Persian Grill. This restaurant is now one of our favorite restaurants in Scottsdale. You WON'T leave hungrySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisspointingdinerDined on 3/12/2014I have heard that the Persian Room was great but our group found the food to be fair and the waitress not quite capable of describing the food/spices. Drinks were over-priced and very mundane. Found the decor/atmosphere to be in need of a little perking up.
- Always Great!RepeatCustomersDined on 3/10/2014We have come here several times for all types of occasions and are always pleased with the food, the service and the ambiance. For large groups it's fun to get their combination platters, plus a stew and appetizers. You do not feel rushed so it is a good place to meet with friends and enjoy the food and the beautifully decorated restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.