1407 Second Avenue
New York, NY 10021Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
PersianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.persepolisnewyork.com/
- Phone: (212) 535-1100
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 12:00pm - 6:00pm
Dinner: Sun-Thu 6:00pm - 10:30pm
Fri-Sat 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Persian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: San Sethachutkul
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: PERSEPOLIS offers exclusive catering by Chef: San Sethachutkul. From intimate dinners to lavish galas, we provide The World’s oldest cuisine combined with personalized service attending to every detail of your entertaining needs.
Persepolis is located at:
1407 Second Avenue (Between 73rd and 74th Street) Upper East Side of Manhattan
Please Call: Farshid Bidarian for private event & catering inquiries at 212-535-1100
A word from Persepolis
Persepolis Is a Persian/ Mediterranean restaurant with a dynamic atmosphere and 20 years of experience! The restaurant is famous for verity of kebabs and refreshing salads and gently spiced grilled meats. The yogurt and cucumber blended with a little mint is made exceedingly well and is an ideal cool compliment to Persepolis’ rounds of Pita & Barbari bread. Our kebabs which include moist and delicious salmon or saffron chicken are served without heavy sauces. Instead they are served with a choice of four rices including an intriguing blend of Basmati rice and marinated sour cherries. Our personalized wine list truly compliments our cuisine. We also offer a full classic bar.Continued
We look forward to seeing you!
We look forward to seeing you!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Persepolis reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (37)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (18)special occasion (12)romantic (11)great for lunch (8)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Persian DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/17/2014The restaurant is a good window to discover delightful Iranian foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lakeshoredriveVIPDined on 11/7/2014Food was delicious! really easy to get reservations. service was great also.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/7/2014Excellent Persian food in a charming, quiet, friendly Second Avenue nook.
- Twice in two weeks and still superbChudsyDined on 10/30/2014Love Persepolis, it's delicious food, and the terrific staff. I hope the restaurant stays around for a long time.Special Features:
- Superb experienceJoanVIPDined on 10/28/2014Cherry rice, fork tender lamb, almond rice, pomegranate ice cream--what a pleasure. Abundant portions and skinny tab make for a most pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time @ PersepolisSammyDined on 10/24/2014This was a date occasion. The whole experience was very good for my first date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- girls night outGreekReviewVIPDined on 10/19/2014A few of us wanted a place conveniently located and with spacious, comfortable seating along with a diverse menu. We found it! The service was so accommodating and lovely, the choices were diverse and fit everyone's dietary needs and preferences.Special Features:
- SuperbChudsyDined on 10/18/2014First time at Persepolis but not my last. Terrific staff, delicious food, overall a perfect evening with a dear friend.Special Features:
- JoeyDined on 10/13/2014Best Persian food ever. The rice is worth the trip but itself.everything is great and good prices too. I love t his place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Food. Fabulous ServiceCheebsDined on 10/7/2014Been here many, many times. Hosted a business dinner this week. Requested a secluded table. Staff was happy to oblige. Half my party was 30 minutes late. No one gave me a hard time about it. Waiters took good care of me as I waited for the others. Fast, reliable service. Food was delicious. The Caspian rocks with cherry rice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/3/2014I've been enjoying this restaurant for years and it never fails to be a wonderful experience. The saffron chicken, the rice with sour cherries, the appetizers - it's all so flavorful. We tried the red sea martini for the first time - fig vodka, blood orange juice and champagne...spectacular!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- poppyloreDined on 10/3/2014Good ethnic restaurant, a delicious alternative cuisine from a great tradition and a very welcome addition to the neighborhood.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and differentBuzzy1Dined on 10/2/2014The city is full of Middle Eastern restaurnats but Persepolis is special. The dishes are familar but different so you may not be venturing far from your comfort zone but you will be rewarded with a new taste. Our eggplant appetizer with tomato was an excellent choice. My chicken with saffron was very nice and very delicate as was my rice with almonds. My friend had a delicious sirloin "meatball". The waiters were attentive and pleasant. We sat there for many hours as we were able to talk with ease (quiet, relaxing music). It was a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 nd time aroundAshmanVIPDined on 9/25/2014Was not as good the second time around. The restaurant has good food but is not very busy so we got stale pita !! A huge disappointment & even brought it to their attention. Even the selection of bread not as good 😖 Will l go back because the core menu is delicious !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodnycadamVIPDined on 9/20/2014I go to Persepolis every couple of months and always enjoy it. And it's the perfect place to take out-of-town guests for food that is a little different, dependably good and, for NYC, reasonably priced.Special Features:
- subtle and sophisticatedquinceDined on 9/6/2014I highly recommend the yoghurt and eggplant dips. Traditional Persian sophisticated mix of flavors. If you know and love Persian food, you will feel the comfort of a home-made, traditional meal. If you are new to this cuisine, these flavors will will you over and you will become a devotee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Review of PersopolisLinda13VIPDined on 8/23/2014Very good Persian food. A friend from Iran suggested certain dishes like eggplant trio as an appetizer which was large enough for the four of us to share. Shrimp dish was good as was the lamb bark The rice dishes like the one with cherries was excellent. Baklava for dessert was not that good but the dessert of orange and raisins in yogurt, ice cream or sorbet was excellent. We are going back in 3 days for dinner with other friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JJJ2Dined on 8/19/2014The kebabs were not made in traditional Persian way, but the rice and stews were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit; food excellent butNoneVIPDined on 8/19/2014there was no air conditioning. Ceiling fans helped but still not comfortable for me. Staff was very helpful and friendly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/19/2014Our group of four had dinner at this restaurant for our first time. The table was very comfortable. It was very quiet at first. Then a woman with two children sat down. She had a stroller. The boy was seated in a high chair and screamed for about one hour, which was annoying. The restaurant became very full. The waiters were overworked, which led to poor service. The Persian food was excellent, including the stews, appetizers (humus and eggplant trio) and desserts.I would recommend this to a friend.
- AhmedinNYCDined on 8/6/2014Persepolis is consistent in the very good quality of its food and the excellent and friendly service of its staff. Its stews are best in NY.Special Features:
- Solid Persian FoodBeachBumVIPDined on 8/4/2014Eaten here a bunch of times. Very good authentic Persian food! Excellent kabobs and great strews (almost as good as mom's). Tadigh could be a bit more crispy n I wish they had lavash. But still a great place for Persian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely Place!RadioClash30Dined on 8/2/2014Great food and I would say a nice place to have a romantic evening, although I was there with a group of girlfriends. The servers were also very friendly. The meatball and lamb shank were particularly delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beef Great, Chicken So-SoccieDined on 8/1/2014The beef kabobs, both ground meat and filet, were excellent. So were the side dishes. The only thing we didn't like was the chicken kabob which was very dry. I think they should consider using dark meat instead or giving an option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, Fresh and Authentic!JigsawnovichDined on 7/26/2014Excellent hummus, fesenjan, cherry rice, and yoghurt dessert! Our waiter was excellent too! This is the best Persian restaurant I've been to outside of Iran, and it is as good as the best restaurants I went to in Iran!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow Down!greatplaceDined on 7/26/2014This was a second visit to Persepolis with friends. Both times, an evening mid-week and a Saturday, we felt rushed through the entire meal. This made it uncomfortable to enjoy the many items we selected to experience the cuisine. We had dessert with coffee and after dinner drinks elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out standingStevieVIPDined on 7/24/2014Service and food always terrific ! Our entrees were very delicious and piping hot when we received them the waiter was very attentive and gave great service !Special Features:
- The following 278 reviews are from the Persepolis reviews archive.
- Persian gemart1206Dined on 6/29/2014Very good food and friendly owner. The four of us, shared two appetizers (dumplings and trio of eggplant dishes) that were excellent and enough for four. I had the spit roasted Cornish hen with basmati rice with orange and almonds that were terrific. Everyone seemed to lke what they ordered and we will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Persephone - Hidden GemCrankyDiner25Dined on 6/29/2014The food was delicious and the restaurant is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The second time even better!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/21/2014I first came across this Persian eatery for lunch with a friend that was strictly vegetarian, and it was delightful and reasonably priced with great service. So, I returned for an anniversary dinner with the husband, and we were delighted, again. I had the saffron chicken with fragrant bastmati rice and the grilled carrots with golden raisins. No room for dessert - unfortunately! I recommend this menu. You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Persian pleasureGraduationLunchDined on 6/19/2014Delightfully authentic persian specialties, flavorful and geenrouse protions at moderate pricesSpecial Features:
- Neighborhood GemRosieDined on 6/12/2014A round table in the center of a warm and cozy brick lined room kicked off a delicious meal. Tastes galore, served up wonderful appetizers. Beet dishes particularly notable. Entrees all presented well, and flexibility offering salad instead of rice. Cherry rice outstanding! Fairly priced wine list. Welcoming and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Experience of Persian DiningepieaterDined on 6/4/2014This was the first time I've tried Persian food and it didn't dissappoint. I really liked the stew, the rice, and the desert. I also enjoyed a glass of persian wine which was very potent and put me to sleep.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/26/2014Good food in the neighborhood. Service a bit spotty but good enough. The food is really delicious.Special Features:
- Persian at its bestBebeVIPDined on 5/22/2014The food is beyond fabulous; the sour cherry rice is a must have.Special Features:
- Mixed bagVegfDined on 5/10/2014The starters, desserts and rice were tasty and interesting. But both the meat and vegetable stews were disappointingly flavourless. Friendly waiter but seemed to struggle to understand our order. Nice venue but very loud when full.Special Features:
- The good and the bad.Fgarcia426Dined on 5/6/2014I came for a birthday dinner. The restaurant made the desert special, with candle and overhead music to celebrate, and even gave us complimentary glasses of port at the end of the meal. Some things need improvement, however: the food was expedited too quickly, with all of it having been apparently fired at once and waiters anxiously coming over during the appetizer and aperitif to ask if they could take away food we were still eating. Secondly, the staff was extremely kind but the wait staff appeared to not have assigned tables, which led to 4 people asking us if we wanted another drink within the span of a minute and then nobody being around at moments when we needed to call a waiter over. The food was delicious, though. Very.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/6/2014We ordered stews, which are usually excellent -- But this time came away with stomach pains. Not sure what went wrong, but this is an alert.
- Pleasant evening at the PersepolissquirrelDined on 5/4/2014We liked the food, liked the vine, liked the service... NO SWEETS, not even baklava...All yogurts were very good but the place has to add some deserts. FOR THE SUGAR LOVERS & CHOCOLATE LOVERS...It's NEW YORK!Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnergood2chewDined on 5/4/2014All four of us very much enjoyed our varied dinners. Always love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.